pairbond

How Do You Feel About Traveling Swingers?

We're interested in knowing how people in general feel about getting together with other swingers from out of town who are visiting your area for a few days or just traveling through.

Are you interested in meeting and playing with such people, even knowing you are unlikely to ever see them again?

Is that a PLUS or a MINUS in your opinion?

We also get mail sometimes from men saying they are going to be near us on business for a couple days and asking if we'd like to get together.

Are you interested in playing with visiting businessmen without their wives or SOs?

For us, the answer to all the above is NO. We aren't interested in just another body to fuck. We always hope that people we hook up with will become "regulars" and good friends and that we will be playing together repeatedly in the future.

pairbond

Funny you should ask this question! We just got a message from a couple that will only be in town for another month! Typically, we like to become friends first and then venture into the bedroom....we also like "repeat" playmates. But, I think every once in awhile it would be fun to play with someone just passing through. Of course, we would have to get to know them just a little bit to find out likes/dislikes, etc.....a few chats over the net would probably be fine. I am not sure about plus or minus's. A plus for us would be the excitement of playing with basically a stranger. A minus would be not knowing the other person well enough to know what/where truly turns them on.

As far as playing without the spouse or SO....no way!

Playing with someone traveling through really isn't what we go for....but every once in awhile it might be fun!

Do they sound anything like the Traveling Wilburys?

;)

Apparently only in the UK! ::P:

pairbond

We don't go for travellers much. 90% of the time it's a single guy (or so he says) who sends a message like this....

Hi, liked your profile, I'm going to be in town for a couples days and was wondering if you wanted to come to my hotel for some fun.

Well, the answer is no. Even if they weren't traveling, a response like that will get you nowheres with us.

On the other hand, we will meet a traveling couple even if they are not our "type" just to show them the sites and have dinner. If they are our type, well depending on how long they are in town, they might just want to come back for another visit ;)

Are you interested in meeting and playing with such people, even knowing you are unlikely to ever see them again?

Okay, I'll be the serious Brit this time ;)

No, I don't think it would work for us. We prefer to get to know potential partners a bit first. We find it makes the experience so much better.

Same for the travelling businessmen.

For us, the answer to all the above is NO. We aren't interested in just another body to fuck. We always hope that people we hook up with will become "regulars" and good friends and that we will be playing together repeatedly in the future.

pairbond

Our feelings exactly!

We live in a tourist town so our most common oppurtunity is with out of town couples. So I would have to say that generally we like travelers. We only play with couples though, so no singles need apply.

In our case we are that traveling couple. We travel to the same two places at least once every two months. But we are repeat visitors there...so we were not looking to play first time anyway but its nice to meet and chat over dinner or just to hang out somewhere! Just my two cents.

With us absolutly not. Our reason is because when we swing with another couple, we want to get to know them first before we do anything in the bedroom with them. Now if it's swinger friends of ours, who we have swapped with in the past, that's different. If it's people we know and we are comfortable with, and if we have a babysitter, we would be more open to consider it. But if it's someone just passing through, no way.

:8-0:::fun::bj:

We like to get to know the couple too. We usually sit down and visit for at least a half hour or forty five minutes before we get to the sex. :hahaha:

Are you interested in meeting and playing with such people, even knowing you are unlikely to ever see them again? Is that a PLUS or a MINUS in your opinion?

For us, it's neither a plus nor a minus, but an alternative. If a couple contacts us prior to visiting our area and they seem like they might be compatible, then we have no objection to meeting them for drinks or a snack. If the chemistry is right once we meet them, then we have no objection to going to their hotel room to play with them.

Are you interested in playing with visiting businessmen without their wives or SOs?

This is a situation we’d rather avoid, because it comes too close to cheating for us. We typically avoid local cheaters, not for any moral reasons, but rather so we can avoid getting caught in the inevitable drama of that situation. With a visiting business, we have no real way of verifying if he has permission from his significant other, so we wouldn’t feel comfortable meeting the gentleman.

We always hope that people we hook up with will become "regulars" and good friends and that we will be playing together repeatedly in the future.

We are open to this idea, but we don’t try forcing it. We think it’s an exercise in frustration to try to make friends out of every couple you like. We’re content to simply go out and have fun with this lifestyle, and the friends will come along naturally.

Well, yet more good food for thought......we are also in a tourist locale, and this is one of the discussions we are having, we are connecting with the lifestyle people here(or some of them any how) and would have to say that would be preferable.....though if we met the right couple on thier holiday, we might be interested in encouraging a return by them......esp if the initial meeting was positive.......and of course how else do you make friends,.... you take the time to get to know them!

It is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.......

Islandgirl.......very good question reminded me of the thread The "looking for the one night stand" swingers check it out perhaps it does go hand and hand.

-C

Im a truck driver and ive meet up with some couples and female while on the road it fun to play with others when your on the road and make new frends also so when your in town you have some one to play with...

If it is someone we have talked to online for a while we will go for it. We spent a weekend in Kinosha with a guy the Mrs. had been chatting with for a long time and had a lot of fun.

Well, yet more good food for thought......we are also in a tourist locale, and this is one of the discussions we are having, we are connecting with the lifestyle people here(or some of them any how) and would have to say that would be preferable.....though if we met the right couple on their holiday, we might be interested in encouraging a return by them......esp if the initial meeting was positive.......and of course how else do you make friends,.... you take the time to get to know them!

It is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.......

We too live on a (different :sad:) island. No real swingers here, that we can find, so visiting couples and singles will have to be ok if we want to do any swinging, even though we are looking for a few regular friends.. Sad, innit? :sad:

Often one has to adjust to circumstances if you want something.

We enjoy meeting couples from out of town. We swing for the sex and the experience not to find new life partners or best friends. That means visitors can be fun, we love meeting new people experiencing the differences and the excitement of a new partner. Coming to FL we will try to fit you in. LOL

Don’t get us wrong we have made some great friends in the lifestyle, but we don’t have to date or be friends to haves sex. Sometimes raw one time sex with new partners is all its about, and sometimes it becomes more and we become friends.

We have made friends all over the country when we travel (many warm wonderful people that have opened there homes or met us at our hotel room and added a little extra excitement to what would other wise be a boring business trip. Since we would and mostly travel together this often turns a working trip in a opportunity for some Vacation sex (and it’s deductable can you tell we are accountants).

Besides some of those we have met while traveling , at conventions or who have visited South FL were so good we had to schedule a trip to visit them just so we could do them again. (you know who you are if you are reading this).:nannadog:

We are not really interested in men traveling with out there wife, unless we know the couple and have been with them before, then if it’s ok with her we have no problem meeting for a drink (in a hotel room for a little MFM).:D

Life is short and grab the brass ring even if it’s attached to someone from far away who knows maybe they have a new way of having sex we have not tried yet.:lol:

Although we're not opposed to meeting a couple from out of town, it hasn't happened yet. It seems that they are here for a short period of time (ski vacation and things like that) and we just can't drop everything at a moments notice to go meet them. They are traveling alone... we have kids, jobs, etc.

Plus or minus? Doesn't matter. Although we make friends out of many of the couples we play with, it's not a requirement and usually is a result of meeting for sex. And, we have no issues with playing on the first date if the chemistry is there. So whether or not we see them again is not an issue.

In our book, a traveling single guy is a married and cheating guy until proven otherwise, so we don't even consider it. Again, we don't have time to meet them usually much less do a background check on them. :lol: And there are enough local single guys to fill the dance card any time we like.

Mr. WS

We are glad that there are people who are ready and willing to meet travelers. We contacted people in Israel a few months before we traveled, were invited to meet with them, did so, discovered a mutual attraction and had a wonderfully fun time.

Michael

strang as it may seem we seem to get intrests from couples as they are visiting here in our area. seems to be the university that attracts them here. and our profile gets there attention. i guess its our long term marriage that they seem to get a comfort with.

yes we would play with couples who travel.

even if we are on the road we look for possible playmates in the area.

We would love to have out of town visitors! Just drop us a note when you're in the area!

We'll have a good time, even if we're not your cup of tea sexually.

Yes, we would. Had to turn down a very nice couple traveling into our town this month because of the damned broken leg. Drats!

Mrs. D

Sure, why not!

I myself travel quite a bit as well, and I'm always glad if I can find a nice swing club in the place I visit.

The only problem I see is that you could meet the best playpartner out of town, and only get to play with them that one time... or once every six months or so....that's a shame

Sure, why not!

The only problem I see is that you could meet the best playpartner out of town, and only get to play with them that one time... or once every six months or so....that's a shame

That's sooo true our first experience was with an out of town couple, we would really enjoy seeing them more often......

"We're interested in knowing how people in general feel about getting together with other swingers from out of town who are visiting your area for a few days or just traveling through."

We do. We're frequently contacted by travelers who will be in our area and want some fun. If the vibes are right and we can schedule it, we're happy to play with them. Likewise, we often play with local swingers when we travel.

"Is that a PLUS or a MINUS in your opinion?"

It's neither. It's just the situation. They're traveling; big deal. Why risk missing out on meeting potential friends? In fact, several of our favorite long-term playmates are folks we either met while traveling or who we got together with when they were in Raleigh.

"We also get mail sometimes from men saying they are going to be near us on business for a couple days and asking if we'd like to get together.

Are you interested in playing with visiting businessmen without their wives or SOs?"

We do from time to time.

Biggest issue with travelers: Scheduling. Between family commitments and our respective professional obligations, our schedule is pretty packed, so we're not always able to play the dates that someone is in town. The absolute worst are the ones who email "I'm gonna be in town tonight; want to come to my motel room?" Even with a day of notice, it's tough to set up (childcare, etc.) A tip for Traveling Swingers: when you want to play with locals, give them as much advance notice as possible.

While my wife is not yet curious enough to partake of the joys of the lifestyle :sad: however, I can comment on the possibilities that present when you meet someone who is traveling.

We have met and joined a vanilla group who have become, it is likely, lifelong friends. The interesting and pertinent fact is that the couples are each living in different and scattered states across the continental US. If we hadn't gone out for dinner with the first couple we would not have met any of the others. We would definitely have been the lesser for it.

So, my vote would be to take advantage of the opportunity to meet with a traveling couple or verifiable single. The proviso being; a, if you can without turning your life upside down, :juggling:and b, the ever present, if it feels/seems/looks/ ok. That might mean prior contact of one sort or another or not depending on mood and/or circumstance.

It goes without saying that unverified singles and obvious cheaters could bring a load of drama that no one needs or wants. :nono:

jmho

We love to play with couples who are vacationing in our area. We say so in our profile, and we do so regularly. More than anything else, it's probably why we play as much as we do. They perv our profile and write us - even though they might live hours away, if we click we tend to see most of them again eventually. It's nice to live someplace other swingers like to go for a get away. :cool:

Noticed a lot of responders mention their concern traveling solo guys might be cheaters (and of course they might be! :nono: ) Ironic how this comes up so often when people are talking about solo guys, but few ever suggest a couple could be cheaters (i.e. married, but not to each other.) Do you similarly vet couples? Or is this more about reasons to exclude solo guys?

Since we run a club that is in the number one tourist city in the country we see lots of one timers. About 40% of everyone that comes to the club is from out of town.

It makes for a lot of interesting meetings over the years having that many tourists. Some of them come back a couple times a year, once a year or once every few years and it is always good to see them again.

Yes, we have partied with many tourists over the years. Can be a lot of fun. Party once and maybe never see them again but can make for a great experience.

Having so many new people at the club each week keeps it interesting to say the least.

It's funny, I don't know what our response would be if we were contacted by an attractive couple that wanted to meet.... well I do know, most likely if they were attractive, we'd meet them and see where it went. However, if they were just wanting to "hook up" there's no way we'd commit to just hooking up. We have been contacted by some single guys just passing through, but since we aren't into single guys anyway, it hasn't been an issue.

That said, we are heading out on vacation next month and have discussed changing our profile to that zip code to look for other couple who are also on vacation to meet. The funny part is that we aren't really interested/ considering trying to hook up with local couples while we are in town, more others who are also travelling. I know it doesn't make any sense, but it sounds appealing for some reason.

That said, we are heading out on vacation next month and have discussed changing our profile to that zip code to look for other couple who are also on vacation to meet. The funny part is that we aren't really interested/ considering trying to hook up with local couples while we are in town, more others who are also travelling. I know it doesn't make any sense, but it sounds appealing for some reason.
Well, we did something similar and I have to report that it actually worked. We created a second SLS profile for ourselves, set it for the ZIP code where we were going to visit and collected a number of responses, one from a couple with whom we have spoken on the phone and who have invited us to meet them at their home. I would expect that the chances would be just as good for getting in contact with other travelers.

~Michael

We have a traveling SLS account as well that points to our actual account for contact. We just created it lately so we don't know how it will work yet.

S

This is something we hadn't considered before, but it actually does make sense to us. Other vacationing couples will be focused on having fun, while local couples will likely be distracted by their everyday lives.

Like some others we live in a toutrst area that is central to many of the attractions here in Southern California.

We would welcome traveling swingers to share our house for a few days, so they have a place to "hang their hat" while seeing the sights.

Swinging is not a requirement. If it happens great if not that is great too.

We would not accept traveling singles, men, women, or drug users. Sorry it is just us

I'm curious as to why you would create a second account for travelling instead of just changing your zip code (much easier) on your regular account?

I'm curious as to why you would create a second account for travelling instead of just changing your zip code (much easier) on your regular account?
Reason for creating a second account: a fear that we would miss a connection while our primary account was not visible to people in our home town.

Julie,

We are going to the M&G in PA next weekend, and Las Vegas the weekend after. Our traveling acount is now set for Las Vegas because we have nice folks like you to meet this weekend. After Las Vegas, I will shift it to Watkins Glen where I own property. If we plan another trip, I will shift that account. But will leave our primary account at home.

S

We haven't met people online, but our first club experiences were while traveling. We felt like it was an opportunity to see what clubs were like before we evaluated the clubs closest to us. It was a great experience because now we know how our club fits us and we know what we like.

Of course we are primarily there for the sex and not the relationships so we have a blast even if its just for one night.

Reason for creating a second account: a fear that we would miss a connection while our primary account was not visible to people in our home town.

That totally makes sense. I guess I never thought about potential of missing local connections while it was set to travel.