JustAskJulie

Dr. Ziggy's Lifestyle Study

Some of you may be familiar with Dr. Ziggy already. He is a sex/swinger positive psychologist/Sexologist. I have been talking with him for quite a while about a study he has been working on and he finally has it ready and has invited all swinging couples (sorry singles) to share their responses.

Please take some time and visit this link to fill out the survey. Feel free to discuss it here if you like, if you have any feedback or questions regarding the survey.

The Survey

This survey is completely anonymous and the results will be published in an academic journal. This is our chance to see a study showing swinging in a true light.

That's the whole idea... to hopefully get people from all stages and interests in swinging to participate. the more answers the more complete the information.

Dr. Ziggy would like to see a minimum of 5000 responses. I think that should be a pretty easy order to fill.

If it is any incentive - it took me about five minutes to answer it...

I'll be eager to see the results!

Spoomonkey

I took it.

I wasn't watching the clock so have no idea how long it took me...it wasn't long though.

Teresa

I am not even a monkey and I could do it, it took me six minutes though.:D

You haven't evolved to the level of primate... But, you are pretty smart for a sub-species :D

I am pretty sure that as opinionated as we can be around here, a survey will attract most of us like moths to a flame.

Spoomonkey

I took it, it took me 88 minutes,

but then again I tend to exagerate whenever measurements and comparisons are involved. :D

I took the survey, saw it in the newsletter, my sexxy lady is going to take it as well, it will be interesting to see the results. I wonder if he is doing a duplicate test for the vanilla world. The comparison would be interesting!

If it is any incentive - it took me about five minutes to answer it...

Guess I didn't spank the monkey fast enough.......it took me 12 minutes :EG:

But I'm one that likes to take his time when it comes to sex :D

Brett

Being a self selected anonymous survey its not going to have a whole lot of deep research value (I still filled it out).

Though if they get as many crazy lurker answers as we do for polls on this site, its going to skew his data something fiercely.

Filled it out for fun. Have to agree with Chicup. I don't think it will have a really big value on research, but looking at his site, I don't think that's what he's really after. I think he just wants data to plug in.

I think he just wants data to plug in.

Well, that will be a problem if lurkers or those who want to save us frequent this board, then email all their fellow saviors to take the survey, too. I hope not.

Well, that will be a problem if lurkers or those who want to save us frequent this board, then email all their fellow saviors to take the survey, too. I hope not.

Oh, don't know. He's got a pretty good good site going. If they frequent his site, the saviors will have their work cut out for them.

I took this...just a few min (probably less than 5)...but I'm a fast reader and love multiple choice kind of tests. Will probably have my sweetie take it too.

Maria :kissface:

I just filled this out. Pretty simple. Does he want BOTH members of a couple to each do the survey? It sounds like he does, so I'll have my Brit half fill it out tomorrow. S

I'd be interested in browsing his site, but I'm not so interested in his activeX controls. Is there a way to bypass the initial page or are custom controls scattered throughout the site???

I'd be interested in browsing his site, but I'm not so interested in his activeX controls. Is there a way to bypass the initial page or are custom controls scattered throughout the site???

I think what you are seeing are the Frontpage controls. It looks like they used FP to build the site all the way through, which includes ActiveX to create the buttons and the effects.

Julie:

Great survey! Just finished the survey and enjoyed taking it. When would we get to see the results?

N&A

I'm inclined to agree with Chicup, too. I just don't know how infallible this survey will be. It seems pretty casual and uncontrolled. It would be really nice if a serious, dedicated study would be done on the Lifestyle (I think it's due!) with the awareness that every pro-traditionalist out there will by going over the study with a microscope looking for loose threads to pull. Producing perfect, infallible, incontrovertible evidence is near impossible, but in a case like this, putting together favourable "facts" that can be easily dismantled and criticized does more harm than good. It just gives the critics more ammunition, saying, "If there was any validity to this thesis, you would've been able to pull together solid data that we couldn't argue with."

Some of you may be familiar with Dr. Ziggy already. He is a sex/swinger positive psychologist/Sexologist. I have been talking with him for quite a while about a study he has been working on and he finally has it ready and has invited all swinging couples (sorry singles) to share their responses.

Please take some time and visit this link to fill out the survey. Feel free to discuss it here if you like, if you have any feedback or questions regarding the survey.

The Survey

This survey is completely anonymous and the results will be published in an academic journal. This is our chance to see a study showing swinging in a true light.

Hi Julie.

Just as background, there have been very few studies that deal with swingers and swinging. Mainly, discussions are restricted to the media which, as you know, hasn't always been kind to the topic. I was asked recently to be on the Dr. Phil Show as a "swinger expert" and to convince swinger couples to appear. I absolutely refused since the impetus of the show would have been to show swingers as deviant individuals. Moreover, I have very little respect for Dr. Phil as a psychologist, I find he's rather a "moralist".

However, there was a study done in 2000 which did consider the positive aspects of swinging.

Here's the link for those that would like to have a look.

http://www.ejhs.org/volume3/swing/body.htm

My study proposes go explore areas which haven't been researched as of yet. I propose to evaluate the Marital and Sexual (within the marital/relationship context) of swingers. Further. I'm looking at determining the demographics of present-day swingers as well their attitudes towards swinging (and sexual behaviours therein).

This is a serious, academic research study. The results will be available to the Swingers Board once the study is completed and ready for publication (and not before for ethical reasons).

I intent to continue exploring the swinging lifestyle. I plan further studies to look at specific areas of interest such as singles and swinging, the social aspects of swinging, bisexual versus heterosexual behaviours, fantasies, swinging dynamics within the couple, the rules of swinging for different couples,etc.

I encourage anyone that may have questions to get in contact with me. I'll be glad to answer your queries and provide information.

Cheers!

DrZiggy

• Like 1

I understand how a study comparing swingers with the vanilla world could prove appealing . However, it would be like comparing apples and potatoes..if you follow the link to the study done by some colleagues in 2000 you'll see how difficult it is to compare the two populations...there aren't enough levels for comparison. However, I'll take your suggestion under advisement and see if there is a way to compare and contrast the two populations in the future.

The problem is that cognitively (attitudes towards sex and relationships), they're so different.

But thanks for the suggestions nevertheless.

DrZiggy

This particular study is mean to be a follow up on an earlier study published in 2000.The focus of the study is on marital satisfaction an sexual satisfaction within the marriage (or steady relationship). Once this study is complete and published I will consider follow up studies which will involve singles. There is a indeed a cross over between swingers (couples) and singles that have adhered to the lifestyle.

However, the research on swingers and swinging (couples) is lacking and needs to be addressed. It is time that the outside world has a positive glimpse into swinging.

As I read some of the posts herein I am somewhat concerned that some people think this isn't a formal study. This study is a bona fide, rigorous academic study which was submitted to a research committee and an IRB committee (ethics committee); it has all of the qualifications and requirements of an scientific study. The methodology is sound and the literature review extensive and comprehensive; he data collected will have validity and reliability scores; as well, the scales used for marital and sexual satisfaction are well established scales with reliable coefficients. Even if the respondents are self selected and not randomly assigned (which would have to be the case in an anonymous, on-line, survey of swingers) that does not detract from the power and validity of the results. Most studies on sensitive topics that require large participants are done this way. Most of the past research done on swinging has followed the same methodology. Even if there's tampering (or some knuckle-heads answering the questions...) that will be a minority which will not affect the results overall.

It always puzzles me (albeit as a Social Psychologist it shouldn't...) why some people are on the "negative" side of things....and always expect someone to screw up somewhere, or assume that someone isn't qualifies as they are..or that there is some hidden agenda somewhere.

I invite anyone that has questions or concerns to ask them directly. All positive input is welcome.

As it stands, there have already been many inquiries from established academics

asking possible future collaboration in follow up studies in swinging.

Thanks to all of those that have participate. invite your lifestyle friends to do so as well (I know, deviation from the randomization process..)

Cheers!

DrZiggy

It always puzzles me (albeit as a Social Psychologist it shouldn't...) why some people are on the "negative" side of things....and always expect someone to screw up somewhere, or assume that someone isn't qualifies as they are..or that there is some hidden agenda somewhere.

I invite anyone that has questions or concerns to ask them directly. All positive input is welcome.

As it stands, there have already been many inquiries from established academics

asking possible future collaboration in follow up studies in swinging.

Thanks to all of those that have participate. invite your lifestyle friends to do so as well (I know, deviation from the randomization process..)

Cheers!

DrZiggy

Hi DrZiggy. Sorry if I appear pissy at all. I don't mean to criticize; I guess I'm just a little cynical because I've tried debating the merits of swinging as an effective marriage/relationship style with people who can't seem to think outside the box. I've heard everything from, "Whatever floats your boat." to "You're a sick, deviant freak who eats little children." to "I hope you get AIDS and die." Yes, these are the small minds out there, and I know I shouldn't pay them any attention, but I can't help but think to myself...how awful that must be to be trapped inside a mind that small! How crippled is that person's life and how impaired is his or her ability to find happiness...or even recognize happiness when he or she finds it.

I'm happy to hear that this is a well-recognized study. I'm not an academic, but I can appreciate the truth. Truth is, quite simply, the truth. You can hide it or obscure it with "cleansed" data, but you simply can't make a fact cease to exist. Sooner or later, someone will recognize it. It pisses me off when opponents of swinging resort to plucking at technicalities to undermine an otherwise solid study on the lifestyle. These people like to make a pain in the ass of themselves this way, and the only way to respond is to not give them anything to pluck at. If there's absolutely nothing to pluck away at, they either have to face the facts presented and accept the truth of the matter as self-evident, or they try to deny it and run away. Either way, they can't ignore it anymore.

I'm just tired of being thought of as crazy or stupid or immoral or any number of negative things. The truth is SOOOO far from what many people think that it drives me crazy to not be able to share with them what we have personally experienced.

I understand why someone would become cynical regarding "research" or "positive investigation" of swinging. There has been very little of it, mostly public commentary is negative. I have heard all of the arguments against swinging that were mentioned here. Unfortunately, there are some in a position of influence that continuously "bash" swinging as deviant behaviour. Most shows on network television have shown swinging in a negative lite. However, there was a documentary on Oxygen a few months ago (women's network) that gave an accurate and unbiased account of swinging as a positive influence in the marriage and relationship, and as a liberating force for the sexual expression of women. However, other shows tend to present the "white trailer trash" version of swinging, the derelicts and the losers as a representation of all swingers.

I was asked to go on the Dr. Phil show a few months ago as an "expert" and I refused....I would have nothing to do with that "moronic" spectacle of enforced morality.

Scientific research is the only way to bring about an awareness of the positive aspects of swinging. However, it is a slow and tedious process that requires afterwards exposure to the popular media (then opinions can be based on facts and not merely on personal perspectives).

The research on swinging is sparse and difficult since most people are reluctant to participate (cynicism aside, people are paranoid about the possible exposure of their identity).

However, after 16 years as a swinger and a researcher (sometimes difficult to wear both hats...) I am convinced that there is a shift in the social paradigm, swinging is fast becoming part of the main stream of society. Moreover, ti may prove to be the glue that cements good relationships and the catalyst that precipitates the end bad ones.

I'm in debt to Julie for having the courage to present the study and endorse. Her and I have being chatting about this for over a year. IT is finally here.

Results should be available no sooner than 4-5 months. It takes that much time to process the information and prepare the study for submission.

I welcome your questions and comments and thank you very much for the input.

DrZiggy

DrZiggy,. thanks for showing us who and what your about.

I'm not usually one for surveys but ill be honest, i filled out the survey again this morning after i realized the sincerity of your study. the first time i was a little hurried. i don't think that is fare to you, or the survey findings.

i had a little more time over coffee this morning, and feel for the most part my answers were the same. Mrs.fun will fill out the survey soon.

one factor that we have learned since entering this lifestyle is that,... things change...

not only in the lifestyle, but in our lives as well. hopefully you understand that some questions to us may have been different 5 years ago from where we are today.

one question that i really had to ponder was #20. the main reason why? honestly, i felt that for us, different answers were just as influential. socially we love the gatherings, and making new friends. its a big aspect for us. we do however feel that the sexual variety is a main reason why. then we equally find ourselves on the prowl for couples that we share fantasies with, and seek our own personal fantasies as well. just cant honestly say one over the other.maybe I'm not alone on this, and could effect the results?

if you can see what I'm saying. things change from time to time. i couldn't say that any one answer, was the correct answer. or best described our main reasons why.

just my observation this morning, i do apologize for not having taken more time and consideration into your survey the first time.

I understand perfectly well that in swinging things change over time. I remember one of the first things that we were told hen we entered the lifestyle over 16 years ago. "rules change and people change with them". Also, as another friend suggested..."people that have been swingers for a long time have added different, or additional, dimensions to their swinging lives"....

This study is designed to determine specific aspects of the lifestyle and create a baseline for understanding swinging and swingers overall. It is general in scope but it will create a starting point on and above what exits already. Moreover, it will add to exiting research. There are some many other aspects of swinging begging to be studied that I think I could spend the rest of my research life just studying the swinging community.

One of the most important aspects of swinging is that it is not different from any other social behaviour or context. Everything is always in a constant state of flux, change is inevitable and interesting.

One more thing regarding the survey. It would be very helpful if more ladies completed the survey. As it stands right now, there 450 male respondents and only 136 females. :)

Cheers!

DrZiggy

make that 137 females that replied:)

very interesting web site also.

mrs.fun

Dr. Ziggy,

Thanks for posting the link to the other study, that was interesting reading, and I look forward to reading the results of your study.

S

there is something that struck me while mrs.fun was filling out the survey.

dejavu maybe. hummmmm. no something more, hummmm.

thinking ,thinking. just cant put my finger on it yet.

Ziggy -( Being a doctor myself I can leave off the honorific ;) )

As someone who has conducted my fair share of research over the years, and someone who has never been overly fond of surveys to start with, though I know at times they are the only way, what concerns me is how are you going to insure you have an accurate sample of the population you intend to survey?

We have had a number of polls here which seem to imply the exact opposite of what I see from posts or swingers as a whole. Now I can't say if these lurkers are swingers and they just do not post, if they are swinger want to bes, or just horny perverts looking to read about us swingers. Some of the polls have me leaning to the horny perverts.

Unlike a traditional targeted survey you have no idea of just who is filling yours out, so I'm curious to know how you handle that?

Just so you know, I'm not criticizing you for it, I'm genuinely curious.

I understand why someone would become cynical regarding "research" or "positive investigation" of swinging. There has been very little of it, mostly public commentary is negative. I have heard all of the arguments against swinging that were mentioned here. Unfortunately, there are some in a position of influence that continuously "bash" swinging as deviant behaviour. Most shows on network television have shown swinging in a negative lite. However, there was a documentary on Oxygen a few months ago (women's network) that gave an accurate and unbiased account of swinging as a positive influence in the marriage and relationship, and as a liberating force for the sexual expression of women. However, other shows tend to present the "white trailer trash" version of swinging, the derelicts and the losers as a representation of all swingers.

I was asked to go on the Dr. Phil show a few months ago as an "expert" and I refused....I would have nothing to do with that "moronic" spectacle of enforced morality.

Scientific research is the only way to bring about an awareness of the positive aspects of swinging. However, it is a slow and tedious process that requires afterwards exposure to the popular media (then opinions can be based on facts and not merely on personal perspectives).

The research on swinging is sparse and difficult since most people are reluctant to participate (cynicism aside, people are paranoid about the possible exposure of their identity).

However, after 16 years as a swinger and a researcher (sometimes difficult to wear both hats...) I am convinced that there is a shift in the social paradigm, swinging is fast becoming part of the main stream of society. Moreover, ti may prove to be the glue that cements good relationships and the catalyst that precipitates the end bad ones.

I'm in debt to Julie for having the courage to present the study and endorse. Her and I have being chatting about this for over a year. IT is finally here.

Results should be available no sooner than 4-5 months. It takes that much time to process the information and prepare the study for submission.

I welcome your questions and comments and thank you very much for the input.

DrZiggy

LOL I was just going to address this. While this type of survey is less accurate than other methods, it can give good information on areas and trends that can be given closer and more accurate study. So I have filled it out and the wife will be doing so shortly. And our thanks to doing a study that will hopefully show a positive side to our lifestyle.

Firstly, thank you so much for the feedback. As you know, surveys are the only way to get large quantities of data in a short period of time from large, hard to reach groups (especially when one is considering a population of interest which is spread far and wide). On-line surveys lack the power of other surveys in which the participants are recruited face to face or, at least, are in a context that minimizes the possible influence of extraneous variables (tampering, demand characteristics, etc.). However, because on-line surveys tend to draw data from a large sample size, the incidence of "pranksters" can be minimize (but not completely discounted) by sheers volume. I guess there is strength in numbers when it comes to that. The survey is been offered through many swingers websites, swingers social clubs and organizations whose membership are swingers. Although one can not eliminate tampering completely , at least it can be minimized (the on line dating web sites offer the link to the survey only to paying members).

In any form of research there is always the possibility of a bias sample. Take for instances, the fact that much general research uses college students as participants. That, in of itself, constitutes a biased population and thus a biased sample. However, students continue to be used to sample the general population.

Swingers are not an homogeneous population, hence the results of the study should reflect a variance in responses (but consistent enough to allow for significant internal and external reliability and validity coefficients.

Take for instances the case of Kinsey. Kinsey's research has often come under attack for his method of recruiting respondents. However, his methods were relevant in view of the time when his studies were conducted and the difficulty (and probably impossibility) of recruiting people that would "volunteered" to answer questions regarding their sexual histories.

Conversely, swingers are a hard population to study mainly because most swingers would rather remain anonymous and under the radar, sort of speak, than to volunteer their participation in a study of swingers.Hence, a direct identification of the population is necessary and means of contact must innovative and convincing. Do these tactics yield a randomized sample? No, this is merely a self-selected sample of convenience which is acceptable in this case.

If you read the link to the Bergstrand &Williams study I provided herein, you'll see that their methodology was similar to mine. However, because of my knowledge about swingers (and being in the loop as it were) I have access to a wider variety of swingers then they did.

During Data analysis part of the study we will take in consideration all aspects and draw backs of the study (vis a vis the sample population and randomization). The results will not be infer to all swingers in a cause-and-effect scenario, but rather use to indicate particular patterns with regards to , attitudes, demographics, etc.

The Marital and Sexual satisfaction scales are well established scales that have been widely used with general populations, thus there is no problem with that end of things.

Concluding, nothing is 100% in research as you know. All we can do as researchers is to minimize the influence of extraneous variables and advance our knowledge with the populations we study. This is not the experimental method being used here (cause and effect), but rather an evaluation of attitudes and such.Even in experiments results can be as biased as in any other form of research.

Thanks for the in depth response.

I think as long as the survey remains 'low profile' your prankster element will be a lot lower and sort of wash out.

What I'd be worried about is if the survey was discovered by those with an agenda. A link on the wrong message board could bring all types looking to 'prove' that swingers are unhappy, or just generally mess with the data if it ended up at a popular humor website.

If your survey adds part of the IP that filled it out that may be a way to filter this out to some extent. Several negative surveys from the same IP would be a red flag, and likewise so would several positive as I'm sure there are swingers out there to prove a point as well.

I don't envy your task trying to sort this out into some sort of meaningful data set.

I wish I knew more about research techniques and how to apply them. I had thought about employing Mr. intuition's six sigma expertise in devising an experiment or some method of collecting data. I have the same concerns as Chicup, that the sampe size and breadth is not wide nor random enough, or that, because you don't have direct control over who is contributing, you get a bunch of jackasses or - worse - zealots who want to try "skewing" the data one way or another. Is it a big risk? Probably not, but the fact that we have to ask the question means the problem potentially exists. A thread to be picked at. I'm not trying to pull the legs out from under your work or anything (quite the opposite, actually)! As you say, there is no such thing as "perfect" research methods, and what you're doing is leaps and bounds ahead of some other studies I've seen regarding love, relationships, sex and monogamy.

My own beliefs about research, on any topic, is that the researcher should assume NOTHING. That's probably where most of the errors come from: assumptions. Assumptions in general cause a great deal of trouble regardless of the arena. For example, many researchers tend to assume that sex is the ultimate expression of love, jealousy is normal (or even desirable), and that monogamy is the ideal. Granted, these studies weren't focused on monogamy vs. non-monogamy or swinging or any such thing, but because they were on related topics (marriage, love, etc), it seemed to me to be a glaring oversight. No one is questioning if the "defaults" or "controls" are correct! When your 'control' is screwed up, the whole thing is garbage.

I even wondered if any studies have been done on internet research methods themselves? Figure out some way to understand the nature of the "personality metamorphosis" that occurs when people slip into the anonymity of the internet. Are they more truthful? Less truthful? Better or worse? And if they fudge the details, what areas are they more likely to cover up or embellish? And who is more likely to undergo the greatest change? Men or women? Socio-economic brackets? What types of people/personalities? It would be interesting to see if there was a way to discern this by studying, not the answers to the questions asked themselves, but the way they answered them. How much time did they take on each answer? Did they change their minds, switching back and forth from answer to another? What happens when one group is told that these other things would be part of the study, and the other group just takes the test unawares?

Interesting stuff.

Some of the points you raised in your comments are indeed valid and always a concern to most researchers.

I would like to address first and foremost the concept of researcher bias, the assumptions that are made a priori (before the fact) be researchers with regards to research and results expectations.

Any research is always based on information that is either drawn from previous researcher or through observation. That means that the information based on data or observations will then be used to formulate a working theory; from that working theory (or thesis) a statement of fact (called an hypothesis) is established. The testing of that hypothesis will either confirm or dis-confirm the initial theory. That is the process of research.

Now, are there always expectations with regards to the results of the research? absolutely, that is the basis of any hypothesis (or any research). Can these expectations be reflected in such a way that the study is "manipulated" by the researcher with regards to biasing some of the findings? yes, it happens far too often, unfortunately....

However, the main goal of the researcher should be to design the study in such a way that there is a concerted effort to minimize bias, and to consider the data in relation to the initial hypothesis. I could probably design a study to demonstrate that intelligence and show size are related. All I would have to do is bias my sample selection to make sure that the results would reflect my "beliefs" or "expectations of the results.

Any study of the nature of this one has pitfalls. These pitfall are acknowledged up front when reviewing the results. In this case, I attempted to minimize sample bias by offering the survey mainly to sites that cater solely to swingers (one of the stipulation is that only paying members of these sites are eligible to view the link to the survey). In the case of Swingers Board there can be no such stipulation; however, when one considers the numbers of responses which may be construed (or hypothesized) as "fake" responses, this probability can be taken into account when conducting the data analyzes and will not bias the results. The trick is to have a sample large enough to minimize the occurrence of sample bias. So far there are 956 responses in a week and a half. I'm shooting for 1500 responses by the end of the month, and I think that it is a good possibility that I'll reach my goal.

There are other studies out there which have used the same on-line methodology to collect data via the web. Studies on the validity of web responses suggest that people are actually more likely to tell the truth in web based research than they are on any other survey format. The typical return rate for surveys offer via mail, for instances, is less than 10%. Face to face surveys may be prone to demand characteristics by the respondents (meaning, responses will conform with "expected" and "sanctioned" social behaviours). I have done tow studies using on-line surveys and the results were considered quite valid (I have done research on bisexuality amongst female college students).

In the case of swingers are think that it is important that someone familiar with the swinging lifestyle conducts the research. One of the reasons why there aren't more studies done on this topic is due mainly to the fact that swingers are VERY reluctant to speak openly and freely about their lifestyle, especially because there is a fear that they (and the rest of the swinging population) will be painted in a negative view.

I feel strongly that more research on swinging is need and warranted. At times I also feel that I'm waging a one man campaign fight all odds (including reluctance by swingers to participate). This population is not homogeneous and requires further study just like any other special population within the social context. I have already been approach by reputable researchers at several universities expressing an interest in my research; there may be possibilities for future research cooperation with some of these people.

Now, do I have a bias with regards to this study? yes. My bias is simple and easily expressed. I believe that, for the most part, swingers are just like anyone else in society, they tend to have strong relationships than the average couple, however, that is still something that needs to be explore and evaluated.

I do appreciate the comments expressed in many of the posts, and would like to thank all of you for your candor and participation.

Cheers!

DrZiggy (NOT dr. ziggy as some people have suggested...lol)

I feel strongly that more research on swinging is need and warranted...I have already been approach by reputable researchers at several universities expressing an interest in my research; there may be possibilities for future research cooperation with some of these people.

Now THAT's exciting! Really, if we can finally get the academic world to realize that this is an area of human sexuality that isn't just a "quirk" or an oddity, but an area as deserving of serious study as LGBTQ sexuality has been, the snowball will start on its own. It has to to stop being brushed off and looked at seriously. Only then - when you can read in the daily paper or your monthly magazine that "researchers have discovered..." - will attitudes towards swinging and responsible non-monogamy begin to change for the better. We're a society driven by science and technology and we seem to require authority figures' endorsement or rubber stamp on a thing for us to accept it. At least, the ignorant, heads-up-their-asses portion of society anyway (which happens to be the greatest part of it, unfortunately). The rest of us know something is true when we see it and we have the common sense to acknowledge it...but some folks need that rubber stamp. Well. If that's what it takes, that's fine. I'm all for truth being uncovered. They'd better brace themselves, though; the truth may not be what they expected...or wanted to hear.