Please Visit These Sponsors As They Keep The Swingers Board FREE

Kasidie   Swinger Zone Central   Swing Lifestyle    Swingers Date Club    Adult FriendFinder  Swing Towns  Alt.com

The Swingers Board - The Swingers Board - The Original Swingers Lifestyle Community, forums,
    Registered
    Status
    couple

Default How do you react to this?

We are a new couple to the lifestyle and have been having a great time meeting people for possible playtime.....BUT....recently we met a couple just for a meet and greet, no playtime, just to see if everyone clicked. We all made plans to meet again for "fun" in a couple days...the following day I get a text canceling our date. The problem with this is that they want to reschedule to play in a week and was unable to do it on the original day because she had a yeast infection.......This is really freaking me out! I know that other infections have the same symptoms as this....I don't know what to do. I know these are common infections but what if it is more than a yeast infection.....We always play safe but still.....just the thought really bothers me.

Please give your advise and/or thoughts

Thank you.

Status
    Widower

Default Re: How do you react to this?

I think the only person who can answer your question would be a doctor who examines her... and she should make that happen.

Be honest with her. Tell her y'all are concerned because other STDs (most notably gonorrhea) have similar symptoms, and you hope she will see her physician. She may need only one shot to cure the problem.

BTW, don't be judgemental. This can happen to anyone.

Alura
    "They may call me a rube and a hick, but I'd a lot rather be the man who bought the Brooklyn Bridge than the man who sold it."
    óWill Rogers

Status
    Couple (Male posts)
    SLS Handle
    dontstoporlando

Mrs is on antibiotics today because of a sinus infection. When she's done with it she'll likely have to call her GYN because the antibiotics kill off the good stuff as well as the bad, and she almost always has a yeast infection afterwards. It's pretty routine actually.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    You say "oral fixation" like it's a bad thing!

Swingers Board Addict rainbowskye's Avatar
    Status
    Single ~ Female

Yeast infections are too common. I am allergic to most antibiotics, so when I have to take one, they give me the strong stuff... and after the 7th day I have to go get a pill from my GYN to cure the yeast infection.

I would still share my concerns with the couple in a delicate manor.

Status
    Female
    SLS Handle
    swingersboard

Have to agree with the above, yeast infections are extremely common and nothing I would worry about. I'd wish them well. You can do as Alura suggested and let them know that you are worried and ask if she's seen a Dr (by no means assume that she hasn't). That said 90% of women (and yes I made that # up) have probably dealt with a yeast infection a few times in their lives. Most Drs will tell us that once we've had one, we know the symptoms and can self-treat. If she's treating it (whether on her own with OTC meds or has seen a Dr) and it doesn't go away then she has a reason to be concerned. I think it's poor taste to assume that it's anything more than they've said it is.
    The Swinger Manual - all the info from the Swingers Board in one convenient book

Status
    Couple

I have to concur with the rest of the group here. Most likely, it's nothing more than that. I wouldn't read anything more into what she's said it was.
    Dave & Holly

Swingers Board Addict lustylearning's Avatar
    Status
    female half

Wow, lol. Kudos to the lady for being straight up about having a yeast infection! I wouldn't count her out as play partner yet. She clearly cares enough about her health and yours to play it safe.
    Last edited by lustylearning; 09-29-2011 at 05:37 PM. Reason: deleted duplicate word