Please Visit These Sponsors As They Keep The Swingers Board FREE

Kasidie   Swinger Zone Central   Swing Lifestyle    Swingers Date Club    Adult FriendFinder  Swing Towns  Alt.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
The Swingers Board - The Swingers Board - The Original Swingers Lifestyle Community, forums,
    Status
    Married couple

Post Rates of AIDS/ STDs amongst swingers ?

There have been several posts on the subject of swinging and how to protect oneself. Obviously, if you know the couple/s well enough and limit swapping for sexual intercourse within the group, we would think the chances of contracting STD?AIDS is virtually zero.

What about when you meet a couple for the first time and swap for penile/vaginal intercourse? What is the statistical probability of getting AIDS (which is incurable)or other STDs (curable)from woman's vagina or man's penis?

We often hear that AIDS amongst swingers is quite rare? Is this true and does anyone have actual statistics?

nealnanji

Status
    couple

I may be wrong. But I think www.libchrist.com carries some stats on this issue. They would come closer to having these figures than anyone else.

Might check it out :p
    Phonies and Fakes Need not apply. We're as real as it gets, and don't have time to be wasting on dumbasses.

Status
    Married couple

Danc694U, thanks for the reference to libchrist re AIDS and heterosexual intercourse. The information is exteremely credible and has put our mind at ease regarding swinging with other couples and indulging sexual activities including swapping spouses for penile/vaginal intercourse.Previously we had heard about some such statistics from other bulletin boards, but without reference to the source of these data.

Just in general, the libchrist site has a great deal of information that every couple interested in lifestyle ought to read!

Thanks again.
    nealnanji

Status
    couple

Neal,

And best of all! They're local for you www.libchrist.com that is
    Phonies and Fakes Need not apply. We're as real as it gets, and don't have time to be wasting on dumbasses.

Swingers Board Addict

Arrow

May I suggest this web site instead? It comes from the Center for disease control and probably has more accurate and up to date stats than the liberated christian web site. By the way, does anyone know where the liberated christian web site gets their stats and how ofter are they updated?
    I hope I write this correctly, It's long
    http://aol.svchealth.webmd.aol.com/content.artical/1680.50176

If that doesn't work, try web md then type in hiv and see if that will pull it up.

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: lycioos ]

Swingers Board Addict

O.k I tried it and it sorta works. It will take you to the web md site. Type hiv in the search and go to artical 3 about how hiv causes aides. It's very good reading. I stink at this posting web site stuff. I tried.

Status
    couple

They contain a link to the CDC within their site

Truthfully, I wouldn't trust stats from CDC either. Have you watched the news lately? Seems they're outdated also.

When you have government officials quoting stats. You always have to question where and how they come about them.

As a former survey taker. I can assure you, I can make the Pope sound like he is a flaming red dress wearing Trans-sexual. And, everything will be on the up & up.

So, in reality, we're not sure where we stand with any stats. But we do know, government stats are used to bolster budgets within all agencies.

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: danc694u ]

Status
    Married couple

Of greater credibility is the Wall Street Journal article on AIDS and government propaganda regarding it. Generally the WSJ articles are well researched and credible.

Is there any other source besides webmd re heterosexual swingers contracting AIDS as result of penile/vaginal intercourse?

How many of you couples insist on the male using a condome if it is a couple you have met for the first time? and do not know their background and/or sexual habits/preferences? Do you ask to see blood test report?

There is a new swinger resort(swingerkaribik)that we believe requires certificates of all participants.At least their ad says so.
    nealnanji

Status
    couple

Originally posted by neal7310:
    There is a new swinger resort(swingerkaribik)that we believe requires certificates of all participants.At least their ad says so.
    We're not going to ask for a blood test! That said, what's the point of knowing that a couple was clean 2 months ago?

Obviously, the club you mention is catering to peoples fears. Which are very real! But they are also (maybe) providing a setting that allows many people access, swingers and non-swingers. Especially when you think of the number of hookers that are willing to attend to get ahold of a single male that attends.

Swingers Board Addict

I guess we feel like if you are going to offend someone better to error on the safer sides of things. hmmm, does that make sense?
    Any how, alway better to be safe than sorry, exspecially when dealing with your life.

No condom, no playing - simple as that.

Swingers Board Addict

After giving it a few moments of thought, I thought I should add that while condoms do take some of the fun out of play time, you can always make up for that with your spouce. After all, it is only suppose to intice and add, not take place of. As parents of samll children, we would like to be healthy enough to watch them grow up. I'm not saying that ALL std's are incurrable or anything like that, of course not, but getting one, of any kind, would of course change your life to one degree or another.

Status
    couple

Originally posted by lycioos:
    hmmm, does that make sense?
    Makes plenty here

Previously of MichiganCouple
    Status
    Single Male

std information is everywhere. I wont use a a rubber period. Tam has had unprotected sex a few times with very trusted men and we dont give it a second thougt. So far I have only had oral and manual with other females. But when the ole boy enters the wondrous forbidden fruit its gonna be totally unprotected and we will trust our instincts with the person. I know swingers that have in the vicinity of 20 plus unprotected sex with partners per month and they are all healthy and fit as a fiddle. Most std's are passed through anal sex with drug users. Also the younger single population gets them much more than swingers. The santimonious people that are so much wiser and holier than though with there overprotectionism never fail to lamblast my opinion on this subject but thats okay.....just my observation. If hiv or other std's were a problem then the clubs would be closed down like bars in the bible belt. Sex without plenty of bodily fluids flowing everywhere is just plain boring and tasteless (scuse the pun). JOhn

Status
    couple

Originally posted by michigancouple:
    If hiv or other std's were a problem then the clubs would be closed down like bars in the bible belt
    Now I have to chime in here I live in the bible belt. And, while your comment is somewhat true. We're changing that

We currently have 4 socials locally. One has gotten so big that they limit the number of couples. We're on the list for tonight So is Danalli :p

We did have a raid earlier this year at a social north of us. We just happen to miss that one. Whew!! This same "bust" has brought about at least one...million dollar lawsuit against the Police Dept., outcome unknown at this time.

The deep south/Bible Belt is changing, slowly but surely. Of course it's getting help from people like us.

If you're familiar with the "Moral Minority", there's a group that needs to be shut down!! I used to live in the "hometown" of their so-called leader. It sucked. It still sux! Bars stop serving at midnite. Anyone caught with a open container after midnight, gets a free ride to the police station.

But, we are seeing more and more "Adult" oriented bars here. That's due to some people being fed up with the BS, and filing lawsuits. If we can't do our thing peacefully & privately, then we will do it legally out in the open, with help from State & Federal Courts.

I still stand by the time honored "Consenting Adults" theory.

Swingers Board Addict

I agree with you with the whole consentin adults issue, but I also agree with the no drinking after midnight thing too. The reason being, is in alot of causes, that flows out of the "consenting adult" catagory. People who still continue to drink past midnight can get really plastered (not that you can't before hand but the more time allowed, the greater the risk) then they wind up driving themselves home and wham... into the dad who works the late shift and is trying to get home to his family. Now, if people choose to get wasted till they puke in the privacey of their own homes I say all the power to ya. Just keep it at home.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast