JsWife

For the ladies.....

As you know, hubby and I have been enjoying some MFM fun and had a playdate scheduled tonight. Unfortunately, I've had to cancel because "mother nature" decided to call three days early!! I'm not one to usually have this happen. I am completely bummed....very, very upset because I was REALLY looking forward to tonight. After all, we had two weeks of build up for this encounter.

Anyway, for all you ladies that this has ever happened to, how do you cope with the disappointment and do you just learn to deal with it? :rollseye: I'm guessing this is because of the influx of all the hormones this month and having too much fun for the first time lol. But it sure burst my bubble tonight. Guess I'm just looking for some support from you ladies here (and guys too whom have to console their disappointed wives). Thanks!!

Well at least you will have more build up time!!! It happened our first time. I ended up getting a diva cup and was able to participate in some manner but it sucked to have tgat happen. We still enjoyed ourselves. I then started to track myself on fertility friend and we never went out around that time. Good luck!

Thanks Learning. I actually track my cycle on an i-Phone app by Fertility Friend and I wasn't supposed to start until Monday. :rollseye: I guess I had too much of a good thing though this month. Oh well, it will be worth the wait I know.

Wow... reminds me of a threesome Mrs and I had with a lesbian friend of ours (who doesn't mind a little bi- play). Got a hotel room at Daytona Beach. Mrs (who is bi) had been friends with the lesbian for a number of years and there had been a lot of sexual tension between them. And this night, it was set to explode.

Our friend hadn't had a period in three years, but dammit one started that day. She still participated as best she could, but obviously not was much as we'd hoped. She lives in another state, so it's not like we could try again the following week.

Still waiting for that hookup to materialize fully, some two years later. It will one day though.

Best of luck next weekend!

I put down a towel or put in a soft cup.

Also, most of my partners are men and I'm not really big on oral so as long as there is a towel and a shower handy I'm good.

Jo is past the age where she has to worry about that but she has had to cope with the problem a few times in the past. When it happened she would call the other couple and explain the situation to them. She told them she could give oral sex and receive some fondling and massaging but that's all she could do. Sometimes the other couple said let's postpone our get-together but other times we went ahead with it. This arrangement seemed to work quite well.

Our very good friends (Joe & Lynn..from the story of same name) met us at TPA one night as planned. We didn't know that Lynn's period had started a couple of days early until Joe told me as we were getting the girls a drink. He said, "Lynn's broken tonight". I thought that was the funniest description I've ever heard. Several months later the same thing happened and Lynn greeted us as we came into the club with a rueful smile and said "Im broke again"!

Mrs here, aunt flo is evil!

She visits far too often and isn't welcomed at all!

We have explained it to potential playmates, and most of them don't seem to mind, although I haven't been able to push through it yet. Maybe on a light day, at this point though it's always been on heavy days, and Im not going there.

My hubby has been using the term "broken" for that time of the month for our entire marriage even though we're new at this. It's funny to me that it's obviously not a commonly used term lol. Thank you everyone for your comments and input.

It happens sometimes and BOY IT DOES SUCK!

In the past I have gotten "Instead Softcups". Most pharmacies carry them.

They are not easy to get in or out (for me at least) but they do work. If you don't get them in just right though the guy can feel it.

The only times I have used them is if I am with a partner I'm pretty comfortable with that knows and is okay with it.

I've played once on day four of "my visitor" and didnt use anything. The guy was the bf though and he didnt care.

My hubby has been using the term "broken" for that time of the month for our entire marriage even though we're new at this. It's funny to me that it's obviously not a commonly used term lol. Thank you everyone for your comments and input.

It's one of those "everything old is new to someone else" things. "Broken" is a common term in our circles, and has been discussed as a descriptor on the board several times over the years. I'm too lazy to do a search for it right now though. :)

It's happened to all of us. Even being on the pill sometimes I screw up my own planning and end up on my period when I don't want to be.

The Diva Cup (or Instead) is a great product for swinging, if it works well for you.

Just discovered the "Instead Cup" ... works great! Hubby can feel it in there, but it didn't impede either of our sex experiences, so I'd say it's a great option for "those days" if you have a play date you don't want to cancel.

I still like to give the couple a heads up, so that they can bow out if they want (although I hate being SO personal, especially if it's a couple we are meeting for the first time.... but Id' rather to that, would hate to spring these surprises on anybody...) :)

Thanks for all the comments and advice! I feel so much more comfortable now in dealing with that time of the month in this LS. :)

I found period play to be intense, a time for some women that is simply hotter on the scale than other times. Put a towel down...so what if it's messy, it cleans up in the shower. Some of the best orgasms can happen during a period and often it relieves the cramps.