Thread: Would you swing with Bruce & Susan?

Default Would you swing with Bruce & Susan?

Ok, so knowing what we know about Bruce & Susan and what is going on in their relationship (as Trina pretty well does) would you still swing with them?

Trina knows that Susan is having feelings towards another man and that her relationship with Bruce is more than a bit rocky right now, yet she still encourages her to swing and in the most recent episode it appeared that they all swapped once again. The experience seemed to leave both Bruce and Susan feeling a bit less than satisfied with the experience. It really left me a bit bothered that Tom and Trina (the couple we've identified with as the most grounded) would knowingly do this, especially with someone she considers a friend.
    The Swinger Manual - all the info from the Swingers Board in one convenient book

Default Re: Would you swing with this Bruce & Susan?

No... we've been there, done that a couple of times... two couples we've been with have done a good job of masking issues is their relationship until after we've been with them and continued to get know them better. As our communication got better with them, they dropped their guard and comments starting coming through... until you know there were some issues that WE weren't going to help them solve through swinging... we backed off play, and then eventually lost contact to later hear of divorce or some other dysfunctional acts (e.g. hubby making wife continually take one for the team, etc)

No... once we had a clue, Bruce and Susan might still remain as friends, but not play partners any more....

Quote Originally Posted by JustAskJulie View Post
    Ok, so knowing what we know about Bruce & Susan and what is going on in their relationship (as Trina pretty well does) would you still swing with them?
    No, we would be uncomfortable being in the middle of that situation not know where it will end up, and also thinking they have no business swinging to begin with right now, so we wouldn't be a part of it.

Trina knows that Susan is having feelings towards another man and that her relationship with Bruce is more than a bit rocky right now, yet she still encourages her to swing and in the most recent episode it appeared that they all swapped once again. The experience seemed to leave both Bruce and Susan feeling a bit less than satisfied with the experience. It really left me a bit bothered that Tom and Trina (the couple we've identified with as the most grounded) would knowingly do this, especially with someone she considers a friend.
    It almost seems that Trina is trying to push Susan in the direction she thinks she needs to go (away from Bruce). Trina said in Puzzlerama something like "secrets are toxic" and there are certainly secrets being held between Susan and Bruce about how they feel. But, there is a big difference between holding the opinion that secrets at toxic and living that in your own life versus actively working to bring those secrets to light from others on a quicker timeline than those who hold them are ready to.

We've known a couple of couples like this. We refused to become involved with them, mainly because swinging doesn't "fix" anything, especially when a husband and wife are keeping secrets from each other. The other thing we thought at the time was that swinging would actually make the marriage crumble even faster, since that would take the "rocky" to a higher level.

No, we wouldn't swing with Bruce and Susan, but on the other hand, if we were in that neighborhood, I would take Trina aside and discuss why she is so hell-bent on pushing Susan in that direction. S
    Smile. It will make them wonder what you're up to!

Just a little question on this, Who is Bruce and Susan?

Stop laughing or I WILL put my clothes back on.

Quote Originally Posted by jdavisauto View Post
    Just a little question on this, Who is Bruce and Susan?
    Susan and Bruce are the newbies to the lifestyle on the show. Susan is the pale redhead, Bruce is the stock trader guy. They have 2 kids on the show.

Back on topic, no, we would not swing with this Bruce and Susan. However, even though we've had limited experience (about 5 months), we're finding that we don't know all the details about couples we meet until after we get to know them. So basically, couples like Bruce and Susan, at least for us, are hard to avoid until it's almost too late!
    "Doggie Style is Mandatory." -- from a Swing Lifestyle profile we came across!

No way.

I think I would stay away from all the couples on the show.

Although Tom can come over. ROWR.