Please Visit These Sponsors As They Keep The Swingers Board FREE

Kasidie   Swinger Zone Central   Swing Lifestyle    Swingers Date Club    Adult FriendFinder  Swing Towns  Alt.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
The Swingers Board - The Swingers Board - The Original Swingers Lifestyle Community, forums,
    Status
    Happily married to a wild woman
    SLS Handle
    SW_PA_COUPLE

Default Re: SwingTown Episode 11: "Get Down Tonight" discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JustAskJulie View Post
    That thought crossed my mind.... just made me wonder what did happen... did she kiss him? show him her boobs? touch his penis?... that caused him to totally freak out.
    What came into my mind was that he dropped his drawers, she saw his 1.5-inch winkie and said, "What's that?" He subsequently runs out in total embarrasment. Or possibly he could not manage an erection which resulted in frustration for her and humiliation for him.

Status
    Couple

I got a "ewww" vibe from Bruce this past episode. I mean, he's smarky and just gross. I don't know if it's because I know he's cheating a little with his work-mate or what, but he just gives me a "I don't like him anymore" feel. He seemed very arrogant.

I thought AJ was the hero for Sam. I really like that kid. I have no idea what Ricky ran out for, but I did have to laugh.
    Dave & Holly

Swingers Board Addict
    Status
    Couple

Quote Originally Posted by Jeok View Post
    Murder and violence propoganda is more acceptable to the Vanilla masses.
    As is infidelity. But consensual sex aside from someone you're married to? Noooo waaaay. That's just too over the top. That's actually what struck me the most about the episode. Infidelity is a comfortable taboo for the vanilla world. It's their favorite acceptable sin. It's shocking, horrible--give me some more! Maynard James Keenan says it best: "Frown out your one face, but with the other stare like a junkie into the TV."

Interracial Swingers Greg & Sheryl's Avatar
    Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    Greg69Sheryl

We aren't surprised by Roger's decision to express his feelings for Susan, but we were disappointed that Susan didn't resist his kiss. Susan's been a wonderful voice of reason throughout this series, especially in dealing with her precocious daughter Laurie, so why thought that she'd be able to show more restraint. Perhaps she's feeling more estranged from Bruce than we thought.

Status
    M. Male

Have you been watching the same show I have? Janet is hardly submissive. She is overbearing and demanding. If anything, it is her hubby who is henpecked. He'd be a cuckold if Janet wanted that.

Status
    Female
    SLS Handle
    swingersboard

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyE View Post
    Have you been watching the same show I have? Janet is hardly submissive. She is overbearing and demanding. If anything, it is her hubby who is henpecked. He'd be a cuckold if Janet wanted that.
    Evidently, we are watching different shows. I don't see either of them as being submissive... and I definately don't see Bruce doing what Susan wants, considering that he's the one having an emotional affair and lying to her right and left while trying to blame it all on her for "opening the door"... when the decision to try swinging was something they both did.

Status
    couple

Are we talking about Janet or Susan, I'm confused

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyE View Post
    She is overbearing and demanding. If anything, it is her hubby who is henpecked. He'd be a cuckold if Janet wanted that.
    I agree. Janet may have become a little more tolerant of other views and lifestyles as the series progressed, but her basic overbearing nature remained consistent. Good example was how she flat out told Trina that if it wasn't for moving to Cincinnatti, she would be over there showing Trina how to properly raise a child. Based on Ricky, not sure she's got much to offer in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAskJulie View Post
    I definately don't see Bruce doing what Susan wants, considering that he's the one having an emotional affair and lying to her right and left while trying to blame it all on her for "opening the door"... when the decision to try swinging was something they both did.
    He's using swinging as an excuse and to help rationalize his own guilt away. "She wanted to swing too, so she much not care if I get a little on the side with Melinda." Bruce doesn't have a clue in many ways, especially about swinging.

Status
    Female
    SLS Handle
    swingersboard

Quote Originally Posted by cplnuswing View Post
    Are we talking about Janet or Susan, I'm confused
    My bad... that confusion was my fault. I still say I don't think I'd go that far about Roger... in saying that he would be cuckold or that he is henpecked. I think he was close to that point but I think the whole job thing has been a turning point for him to finally realize there is more to life than just a job and a wife and a kid. There is such a thing as happiness and enjoying life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2