Shorecpl4u

"Classy couple" in online swinger profiles....wtf

Probably just another pet peeve but, I want to scream when I read a profile that describes the couple as classy. I was raised by good parents who told me that if someone say's they have class....they don't. I think my folks were right.

• Like 1

Some things are better to be determined by someone else - classy, well-hung, attractive, drama-free - you get it. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

• Like 3

Everybody has their own peeves, but that particular one that doesn't bother me that much. Most of the times I see it, I take it to mean they aren't so much talking about themselves as they are communicating what they expect from others. Instead of flat out and bluntly saying "you better not show up for dinner already drunk, in camo, and with tobacco juice running out of the corner of your mouth" they are saying that they won't do that with the unspoken implication you better not either.

• Like 3

I agree with cplnuswing. It wouldn't be a deal-breaker for us; it's just one more point to consider when taking in their entire profile as a whole. If the rest of the profile is entreating other couples to please not show up looking like one of those specimens on the 'Best of Walmart's Security Videos', that works for us.

My suspicion meter tends to peg out when someone tells me (usually, over and over) that they are honest.

History tells me that after we shake hands, I should count my fingers.

• Like 1

Everybody has their own peeves, but that particular one that doesn't bother me that much. Most of the times I see it, I take it to mean they aren't so much talking about themselves as they are communicating what they expect from others. Instead of flat out and bluntly saying "you better not show up for dinner already drunk, in camo, and with tobacco juice running out of the corner of your mouth" they are saying that they won't do that with the unspoken implication you better not either.

We agree.Although I do believe that someone with this specific set of traits would find it difficult to conceal in a finely crafted profile. For us classy means, when you meet at a vanilla bar or restaurant they will show up sober, dressed appropriately for the venue, and not make a scene or spectacle of themselves. We would sincerely be mortified if we ran into someone that we know from outside the lifestyle and we were sitting there with the couple that cplnuswing described or with a couple dressed for a swing club and pawing at eachother.

Yes, classy is subjective. For us it means that you know how to act in a given situation. SO we don't really mind mind if you describe yourself as classy.

• Like 1

If it is just one part of a bigger profile, we will consider the whole thing. However, if someone repeats the same thing multiple times (in any situation), that becomes a red flag. They shouldn't be having to try so hard to convince me that they are whatever they are trying to convince me they are (I am not a crook...). Just finished a long court case where one party kept saying 'I'm not a liar and I didn't forge those documents...' over and over. Numerous examples of how and when he lied and expert testimony on signatures seem to indicate he's wrong and failing to convince the jury still hasn't made him change his story but he continues to claim his innocence to anyone who will listen. Most labels should only be attached by others. Oh, HW proportionate is another that should be judged by others and not themselves.

Hard to fight off the urge to sounding like a Jeff Foxworthy routine...

You might not be classy if you drive your home to a first date with another couple

You might not be classy if you have to decide which baseball cap is your 'good' date cap

You might not be classy if all of your shirts have team or product logos on them

Must stop

When we read a profile that has we are a classy, attractive, fit couple on it we see it as a we are better then most thing! Well don't worry we won't be bothering you anytime soon.

I had to laugh over a profile on a now-defunct site- a couple used as their primary descriptor classy, and their profile picture was a shot of his ass and scrotum from behind as he penetrated her. Really classy.

I would get the impression that they prefer wine drinkers to beer drinkers:)