SwingSetWife

Swingers on OKCupid?

This post has got me wondering and proves once again how naive I can be about certain things....

I was on OKC for a short period of time using it actually as a "dating site". (I do not recommend it for that purpose...) And I did see profiles on there that were asking for swingery type stuff, and I just thought to myself, "Really people, on here?"

So... really people, on there?

• Like 1

I, too, used to be on there as a dating site and in hindsight I did see several profiles that were swinger-ish. Only one was blatantly swingers though.

I have heard from some women I dated that many men's profiles represent themselves as swingers, but in fact they're just cheaters. Just one more reason our lifestyle gets a bad rep.

• Like 1

I've heard of some swingers using Adult Friend Finder, OKCupid, and Plenty of Fish but that they had very mixed results and that they are even more full of fakes, flakes, and cheaters. :dontknow:

• Like 1

All the swingers on OKCupid that are looking for swing experiences that I've seen have terrible profiles, I can't believe they ever actually found another couple or a single woman that way. I've had a ~ton~ of success on OKC but you have to be willing to be upfront. In my first couple paragraphs I bold swinger and non-monogamous among other things, plus link to my wife's OKC profile (Yeah that's right, don't do OKC a couple for fucks sake) and make it clear verification is easy and only a click away.

But... OKC does require a little more prep work and a few more dates. There's plenty of casual sex to be had, you just need to work for it. :P

Guest Ready2dewit

My experience with OKCupid is that there are a lot of fake profiles on there. I tried it out when I lived in an area not known for it's cosmopolitan culture or loads of attractive, hip ladies in their 30's and 40's. Most everybody who was over the age of 22 was married, hence....turning to OKCupid.

When I did a search, I was surprised to find all these profiles from very attractive, well-educated, well-traveled ladies who all seemed to have rewarding careers, travelled to Europe and Dubai on a regular basis, were multi-talented in music, art, and cooking, volunteered at their local charities, and just couldn't find the right guy to "snuggle with on a Saturday night and watch a movie".

And they all lived in my area! Why did I never see anything even close to approaching these goddesses!

Because they are probably bullshit profiles, was my answer to that question. Not sure how they get away with it, and maybe it works different for others, but it seemed to me they are just another come-on for single guys to whip out the credit card.......

I was on OKCupid and Plenty of Fish when I was single. Found that most of the people on POF were looking for white knights to ride up on their horse while throwing out $100 bills. Met my S.O. on OKCupid (the only person I really met on that site) so I can't really say anything bad about them. Still, we haven't gone there looking to meet other 'members'...

Okay, so we made an okcupid profile yesterday, more to see who was on there than anything else. We didn't fill out a full profile since we were just looking, but we did put that we were swingers in the profile; we put that we were a bi-couple interested in bi-couples and bi-singles (male and female); we didn't put any pictures on the profile. Here are my impressions...

1. We saw ONE profile in our area (New Orleans) that actually said "swinger". Some others said poly/open relationship and such. We much prefer the couples/singles we see on SLS in our area than people with OKCupid profiles. We saw... maybe 5 total profiles (male and female combined) that we are interested in.

2. We have received mail from 5 men so far. Some putting bi in their profile upfront, some putting straight, but all claiming they want bi action in their email. This doesn't really surprise us. We find people (including us) do this on SLS. But we feel that when people contact asking for sex upfront when we have no profile/no pictures/no "hey let me get to know you" email, that they would fuck a stump if it had a hole in it and that is a total turn-off for us. We feel the same way about the couples that contacted us on SLS when we first signed up and didn't have a profile/pictures. We actually either blocked those people or made notes that we were not interested in them.

3. I definitely feel like we could get some action from both males and females from okcupid. We just have to decide if it is worth our time to sift through the profiles to find the ones that are actually interested in causal sex since people are more reluctant to admit that upfront on okcupid. However, as Dylan pointed out, if WE are upfront about being swingers, people will contact us even though their profile is geared more towards finding a partner over sex.