Chicup

V-Safe - Reading between the profile lines...

This sort of thing has come up before of course with statements like "he is open minded" but one just struck me today I never really thought about.

V-safe.

Now obviously it's good if the guy had a vasectomy but I'm wondering if this is code for "we like to play without condoms" since really under most circumstances it shouldn't matter.

So is that listed in a profile just random information or do you think it means something more?

Over the years I've always assumed it meant "We like to play without condoms".

I think it was my first thought when I first saw it years ago, and that thought stuck.

Over the years I've always assumed it meant "We like to play without condoms".

I think it was my first thought when I first saw it years ago, and that thought stuck.

Ditto.

It's never struck me as any kind of code, more just a general statement that unintended pregnancy isn't going to be a concern regardless of the how.

I've just assumed that they don't use condoms and I think that's probably what many people think as well. We have friends whose profile has something about them being baby safe and then goes on to say that they still require condoms. I think they may have added the second part after running into a misunderstanding.

Maybe they are letting you know that if you are worried about that 2% chance that one of their little guys are talented enough to perform a Harry Houdini impression and escape from the confines of their rubbery cell, they are only shooting blanks. :lol:

If I read V safe I would think they are telling you if you want to play without protection he won't get you pregnant. We told both couples we met that both of us are fixed. It is just one less thing to be concerned about.

Being we never played with a couple that had that in their profile, I'm just guessing here. My wife uses multiple birth control forms for playtime and knowing the guy had a vasectomy wouldn't hurt (nor would we trust it).

I wouldn't assume that's the case if the profile has another option to state whether they use condoms or not. The couple (or single guy) may WANT to forgo condoms, but it shouldn't be implied by anyone.

In fairness, there are many couples out there who probably look for v-safe guys because they're looking to play bare too.

Speaking from inexperience here... Isn't that the sort of question best asked directly at some point in correspondence, prior to actually meeting? To me, it would be part of the opening volley of hard boundary questions. I don't have a lot of "rules," but the few that exist are dealbreakers. I'd certainly cover them, and any possible red flags before even bothering to discuss meeting.

I just figured it means if the condom comes off pregnancy is not a worry. I tell guys I can't get preg and am fixed for the same reason.

I can only speak from personal experience, and honestly I am a bit surprised that someone hasn't mentioned that this has happened to them before. But anytime I've had a man (swinger or not) tell me he has had a vasectomy, he has pretty much insisted on no condoms until I made it perfectly clear that that wasn't an option. I have even had someone (read: asshole) take off the condom while behind me and when I noticed when we were finished he simply replied "It's not that big of a deal, I told you I'm fixed." So I was sure to mention that I had an STI... even though I didn't.

I can only speak from personal experience, and honestly I am a bit surprised that someone hasn't mentioned that this has happened to them before. But anytime I've had a man (swinger or not) tell me he has had a vasectomy, he has pretty much insisted on no condoms until I made it perfectly clear that that wasn't an option. I have even had someone (read: asshole) take off the condom while behind me and when I noticed when we were finished he simply replied "It's not that big of a deal, I told you I'm fixed." So I was sure to mention that I had an STI... even though I didn't.

I'm really not a violent person but MD is and she would have literally beat the shit out of the guy. It has nothing to do with getting pregnant, it has to do with respect of your wishes. She would have picked up the nearest chair and went to town. Several of you have met her...tell me I'm exaggerating. :hahaha:

We have mentioned V-safe in our profile. We only play safe when we do. I only mentioned it when setting up our profile because I read it in many others and for the reassurance for the occasional condom failure and peace of mind. Respect is very important to us both. We would be irate if somebody secretly removed or tried to remove a condom. We both feel better playing with people who are fixed as well for some reason. We have 2 beautiful children who were both conceived while on the pill. (Mistakes or forgetting a pill happens) Nothing is 100 percent either. Being V-safe just adds a little extra peace of mind while attempting to play as safely as we can.

I should clarify. The asshole that did that wasn't a swinger. Although I'm sure there are some asshole swingers out there, I find that swinging men are much more respectful than other men I have been with.

It's never struck me as any kind of code, more just a general statement that unintended pregnancy isn't going to be a concern regardless of the how.

This is what we've always thought. No more, no less.

We don't share on our profile that my guy is v-safe, since we only play with condoms. Out first assumption is that most who do share that information on their profile are fishing for bb play.

I have always read it to mean in case of wardrobe malfunction there is an extra layer of safety against pregnancy. I am sure that some are looking to for BB play but I do not assume that.

Like most single statements, I think it depends on context. For some it may just be a statement so that you know there is the added layer of safety even if condoms are used. Some feel that condoms are more for STD prevention but are still worried about potential pregnancy if the condom fails.