wer2gr8tastes

Swinging - Is there an app for that?

Hi All. We are on a few swingers sites (SLS, Kasidie), and have had some luck. We were wondering of there was a phone app that anyone has used that may have connected them with other like-minded couples...or if we are REALLY lucky...a single bi fem.

Perhaps there are some couples who are a little nervous to go on Swinger sites and decide to try one of the location-based apps to find others around them that want to get naked with others...or maybe someone needs to develop it :)

There likely won't be any apps for swinger or adult type sites; Apple rejects those. There are apps for normal dating sites like Plenty Of Fish etc. We've never tried to us any other location based apps for anything swinger related.

Luckily the android market would probably allow such an app. However I doubt it would see any wide spread use. Plus I really doubt someone who wouldn't be willing to give one of the sites a try, would be willing to use an app. As for now we just simply use our phone browsers to log on to each respective site.

Anyone ever use Swing Beacon or another swinger locator/social app? With our new infatuation with our I Phones, we find ourselves wondering about such things.

I'm eager to know how people are going to answer this question. A gay friend has an app that shows if a gay-app-toting person is nearby. I've sometimes wondered if the equivalent exists for other demographics.

Probably the closest thing out there in the iPhone App Store now is Blendr. It is built for singles to find each other, but I suppose with some creative profile making it could be utilized to find other creative couples.

However, a lifestyle specific app would be the best. Good luck getting approval from Apple to get it in the App Store though.

There already is - search Swingers App in the Apple store. That one and Swing Beacon are both available...I just wondered if it was catching on.

Now if only I had a smart phone, well I did have one it lasted me less than a week, so I went back to a flip phone takes the falls from ladders much better.

We just heard about an app for Facebook. You can tag which friends you would love to have sex with and they have no idea unless they also tag you and then you get a "match" notification. Pretty ingenious I think. Not using it because I keep my Facebook apart from my swinging but still, pretty cool.

We just heard about an app for Facebook. You can tag which friends you would love to have sex with and they have no idea unless they also tag you and then you get a "match" notification. Pretty ingenious I think. Not using it because I keep my Facebook apart from my swinging but still, pretty cool.

Interesting. I see lots of future drama in the lives of many vanilla users of this app.

I think it would be cool if it emailed you and said, "XX of your friends want to bang you" That would sure motivate people to go get the application!!

Sorry Angelkin for hijacking your thread. It's kind of related.

No issue - interesting sidenote!! Like you, I keep facebook and swinging completely separate:)

We haven't tried them but the concept sounds great. I'll download them and check them out. I'm on an android phone fyi.

A gay friend has an app that shows if a gay-app-toting person is nearby. I've sometimes wondered if the equivalent exists for other demographics.

Ditto...

I've looked at them too but didn't install any of them. Considering the swingers' outlook on protecting privacy I can't see an app being effective.

There are two different "find swinger near you" apps in the Android Playstore right now, however after looking at them I'm a little concerned about the idea of having an app that shows where I am and not knowing for sure when it's enabled (is it always on? Do I have to turn it on?). The last thing I want is to be sitting at home and someone find me on the swinger app then show up on my doorstep.

My husband won't even turn on the GPS on his phone unless he's actually using it as a GPS (partially as a battery saver but mostly because he just doesn't like the idea of being tracked). I use Google Latitude to follow a friend of mine that travels the world and have it enabled to show where I am to all of 4 people. The other day I met one of those people for lunch and she said "Latitude said you were at Publix. Were you getting the coconut water?" Um, yeah. It's a really good thing she's my best friend, cuz otherwise that woulda been a little freaky.

I could see where these apps would be kinda cool if you could only turn them on in certain places at certain times...oh we are out at a vanilla club or a music festival and want to see if there are any others near us, but the idea that they could be displaying our location all the time, kinda freaks me out.

I leave my phone GPS on because I use a few apps regularly like weather reporting, driving conditions, etc, and I don't like turning it off and on. Plus, I like to look at my Latitude history and see my tracks on the map over a few week period. :)

That said, I would expect a developer of this type of app to make the GPS only pingable to the town, or maybe to the cell tower at most, and give an option to disable GPS when you so desire. I would also expect these features to be front and center on the app's description page.

Otherwise, I'm much less likely to download the app.

The idea of such apps have intrigued me for several years. Looks like i will want to wait a little longer. I am surprised that a developer would fail to incorporate a shut-off feature.

I guess I am a bit surprised that sls and szc (or another adult ad site) haven't developed something like this given their wide membership.

I guess I am a bit surprised that sls and szc (or another adult ad site) haven't developed something like this given their wide membership.

SLS just finally got around to introducing an app for to compliment their website... maybe they will add a feature like that in the future.

SLS just finally got around to introducing an app for to compliment their website... maybe they will add a feature like that in the future.

I just this evening removed the SLS iPhone App and will not have it back again. I used it to make an invitation for a night out on the town. The message never got through to the intended recipient. You'd think these people would test these Apps before they inflicted them upon the World. They don't. I am expected to be the guinea pig. I've done quite enough of their testing.

I just this evening removed the SLS iPhone App and will not have it back again. I used it to make an invitation for a night out on the town. The message never got through to the intended recipient. You'd think these people would test these Apps before they inflicted them upon the World. They don't. I am expected to be the guinea pig. I've done quite enough of their testing.

Was it the updated version that came out a few weeks ago?

Was it the updated version that came out a few weeks ago?

Yes. I'd look up the version number but I zapped it.

I just had the strangest experience and suspect it had to do with the new sls app. I was in MI for the weekend with friends and had the sls app open a few times. Someone from MI messaged me and said I was coming up in their location search, but my profile was still set to Ohio. I didn't post or say anything about my trip and the only thing I can figure is that the sls app has some sort of locator? Is this likely or even possible? I was not using wifi, but just the phone signal...

. . . Is this likely or even possible? I was not using wifi, but just the phone signal...
Likely? It's a fact. The App knows your location (observe the little arrow symbol in the upper right corner of the screen).

I think so, because when I do a "Who's Online?" using it away from home, the first profiles shown are the ones closest to my actual location and not home. So, it's either accessing your GPS location, or probably the cell tower you're hitting.

I just had the strangest experience and suspect it had to do with the new sls app. I was in MI for the weekend with friends and had the sls app open a few times. Someone from MI messaged me and said I was coming up in their location search, but my profile was still set to Ohio. I didn't post or say anything about my trip and the only thing I can figure is that the sls app has some sort of locator? Is this likely or even possible? I was not using wifi, but just the phone signal...

I think so, because when I do a "Who's Online?" using it away from home, the first profiles shown are the ones closest to my actual location and not home. So, it's either accessing your GPS location, or probably the cell tower you're hitting.

Interesting. I just looked at the settings and couldn't find anything about GPS. Under the "coming soon" features there is a "location" option. That irks me more than a little if that is the case.

Yep I just looked up on the features of the app, and it mentioned something about GPS. It was under The help tab... Don't know if I'm digging that!

I kind of dig it for the convenience of checking out the local action when away from home. If I want to go incognito, I can just use the mobile page on my browser.

I'm one of those phones Luddites who would still be perfectly happy with a phone that you could just talk and even better yet, just text on, so no expert here, but on mine it seems like when something is wanting to use your location, then a window pops up giving you the opportunity to allow or deny, or at least that happens sometimes. There may be a global setting for that somewhere, can't remember. I played with the thing a little when I first got it, haven't looked at it again since.

I have the SLS app but for the life of me I never use it because I forget about and use the mobile browser out of habit...kind of like the forum. :/

Yes, many apps ask to track your location, some do it without asking although is supposed to against license agreement for iOS. Android does not have as tight a control as iOS, even though I think their Application structure does forbid it.

So yes, if it is tracking your location it can broadcast it as well. If you want to prevent it look in the settings, you should be able to turn it off.

SLS can't get picture approval right, among so many other technical problems, their forum is still in 1998 mode, and their servers can't handle the load on weekends.

Do you really think their mobile app is going to be a shining example of technical progress?

PS I just switched from iphone to android and android is awesome if you are a geek like me and likes to take control of their phone.

Just as a follow up and for verification, I was out of town a week ago (300 miles away) and did a quick check on the app. The members listed online were indeed close to my location at that time.

So yeah, it tracks your location and bases results on that location. I didn't think to turn GPS off to see if it would still track location via the tower that I was hitting.

Tinder is an app we just found out about...guess we were under a rock. Anyone using it? Seems a little limited for swinger capacity, but also seems promising...

Guest smithvillecoupl

You must have been under that rock with me cause I just heard of it yesterday as well. Let me guess, Olympics news?

It seems like a vicinity based hot-or-not with the ability to allow people who find each other attractive to chat. Kind of neat. Unicorn hunting? LOL

Tinder is an app we just found out about...guess we were under a rock. Anyone using it? Seems a little limited for swinger capacity, but also seems promising...

As of right now, Tinder would probably be awesome, for couples in their early to mid twenties, especially if they're seeking singles, whether male or female.

Better than a swinger ad site for that age group, IMHO.

Still way too early for us older folks though. I checked the app out, and it trends 90% to people under 25 in my area. Of course, I'm hitting two decent sized universities in my search area, so that probably skews the numbers a bit more.

One drawback: I saw several profiles that list the age as 18, 21, and such, but the info in the profile says "Not really 18" or something along those lines.

Bumping this old thread because I had an app question also. Does anyone play games like truth or dare with their swinger friends? There are tons of truth or dare apps on the Google Play store for Android type mobile and tablet devices. I have yet to try one, but I was wondering if anyone uses something like that. I want an app that's "Guaranteed to break the ice at naughty parties" (Eric Idle -Monty Python)

Bumping this old thread because I had an app question also. Does anyone play games like truth or dare with their swinger friends? There are tons of truth or dare apps on the Google Play store for Android type mobile and tablet devices. . .
Never seen or heard of swingers using a mobile device to break the ice. Although there is a woman who kinda bugs me when she goes for her phone a couple of dozen times in an evening.

We have sort of an "app" for breaking the ice, but it does not fit into a mobile device; a massage table. All I have to do is convince one woman to get naked on the table to be manipulated with hands and coconut oil; it soon draws a group of lookers who are saying, "that looks like fun", and the party guests are out of their gates and running.