I know there have been discussions on the picture approving process on SLS, but I was curious about how many of you out there review the new member profiles, as well.

I go in spurts where I do this regularly and other times when I avoid it like the plague. Right now I am in the mood to do it and it got me thinking....

The guidelines for denying a profile are gender issues (i.e. signing up a single woman when the content reflects a couple), blank profile (i.e. not having at least 2 sentences for the first 2 questions), garbage profile (i.e. having something like "fjklsajvaovnidaojei" to fill the spaces), including an email address or website, etc.

How strict are you on these guidelines? I mean, gender, and the crap one, sure, but having at least 2 sentences? What if they speak in one long run-on but it is the equivalent of two sentences? Is it our place to deny it because of the poor grammar and overall poor presentation, or do we approve it but mark "Needs Work" since they at least included some information.

Also, I don't really see the problem with including an email address in the profile. It's up to people who view the profile to act upon it, so why not? Is it SLS's way of trying to get people to upgrade to paid status so that they can send out their email in messages on a regular basis?

I'm sure we've all seen some awful profiles out there, so I am just curious what people find acceptable/unacceptable when they are judging new profiles.

I'm pretty strict on profiles but I follow the guidelines.

I look at it like this. If they can only put. "looking to have a good time" repeated in each box or something similar then they are just on there so they can probe and most likely do not have any real intentions to join. I look for that 'rushed' vibe that they just wanted better access to profiles and pictures. If you deny them, they just get a notice saying that they have to fix their profile. So I'm like screw it, they are going to have to put some effort into it, lol.

If I look at it and it says something different in each box, and I've seen "We are really new, not sure what we want in the lifestyle" followed by "Hope to get some ideas from other profiles of what to write" then I would probably hit the 'needs work' option and approve.

What I really hate is all of the single male profiles that just scream I'm stupid. Profiles like, honest to god, "cock4fuck' - yes, I disapproved you if you are out there somewhere reading this dumbass. People on here will say, we should approve them because they make it so easy to avoid them when their profile shows how obviously stupid they are but I say, I'd prefer not to see their profile at all, lol.

Again, I follow the guidelines, if 'cock4fuck' had a good profile then I would have to approve it but his profile, thankfully, was garbage.

It's rare I do the profile or picture reviews these days, but when I do the profile reviews, if they meet the absolute minimum requirements set forth, I let them go through with either "needs work" or "approved".

The crappy ads will be viewed by members and they'll know that person (or couple) is not worth clicking on.

Darwin for the win.

It's pretty rare that we do this as well. I don't mind reading the profiles but Dave likes the pics. (Go figure) I'm like DigginIt and two4you in the sense that they must meet the minimum.

I strongly suspect that there is a SwingLifestyle clown somewhere who is approving every profile he sees. An awfully large number seem to get through the process with only three words in each category. The process is defective if this can happen. I have, for this reason, given up on the idea of approving or disapproving profiles. I can say "needs work" only to have the next guy approve the thing.

I approve good profiles, I just ignore the 1 line ones, and I report the garbage ones.

As for pictures...

:whitefl1:

I've seen things that no man should have to see.

As for pictures...

:whitefl1:

I've seen things that no man should have to see.

It's payback for laughing at my lemon party debacle. :D

Two4you... Dave is still doubled over from that lemon party site.

Lol I often think it doesn't matter anyway since profile edits aren't moderated unless someone randomly decides to report.

Can I sound like a newb and say that I had no idea they had to approve profiles on SLS??

Can I sound like a newb and say that I had no idea they had to approve profiles on SLS??

They sure do. Actually the lifetime members approve almost all of them. The only ones they (the staff) look at are the ones that are reported without approval.

Same with pictures.

I'm surprised...I've seen some really crappy profiles. For example: I'm looking for hot sex. Fuglies need not apply.

Gotcha. I guess I thought the approval system was more in place to filter out serious swingers from fakes.

We, like sunbuckus, had absolutely no idea that lifetime members gave approval to profiles. I guess you learn new things all the time. We had gotten off of SLS (and all the other online sites as well), because we had just gotten tired of dealing with all the online crap. We have just been meeting people at cubs and parties. I do like the fact that lifetime members get to review new profiles though, maybe we should sign up for a lifetime membership, sounds like it could be amusing/interesting.

It is amusing at times, frustrating at others, which is why many members take breaks from taking part of the approval processes. :)

I've always wondered, as well... If I click on a profile to review at the same moment someone else clicks on the same profile and one of us approves while the other denies - what happens?

I believe it takes more than one approval to be approved.

Approval by consensus so to speak.

That makes so much sense! Kind of moderating the moderators then.

I did something new tonight. Uploaded three new pictures to the SLS profile then hung around a bit to approve my own pictures. Is this too self-serving?

I did something new tonight. Uploaded three new pictures to the SLS profile then hung around a bit to approve my own pictures. Is this too self-serving?

Sweet! I didn't realize you could do that! I had to wait a whole day to get one of our pictures approved. So...how do you do this approval thing if you're a Lifetime Member??

Just click on the link in the upper right corner of the main Page. One after another picture will appear with four different buttons labeled "NON-NUDE", "NUDE", "EXPLICIT", and "When you can't decide". I have been wishing for fifth and sixth buttons labeled "FANTASTIC" and "STUPID". A lifetime member is also able to approve or disapprove videos.

Just click on the link in the upper right corner of the main Page. One after another picture will appear with four different buttons labeled "NON-NUDE", "NUDE", "EXPLICIT", and "When you can't decide". I have been wishing for fifth and sixth buttons labeled "FANTASTIC" and "STUPID". A lifetime member is also able to approve or disapprove videos.

The only thing I can see in the upper right is the ability to choose a language. Looks like we can't approve photos...darn.

I'm guessing you took the Public/Private option when they split them out a couple years ago. We went with the Personal pics option, and anything goes there, except illegal activities and advertising.

The good thing is, you get to see lots of action that couples have experienced.

The bad thing is, you get to see lots of action that couples have experienced.

I'm guessing you took the Public/Private option when they split them out a couple years ago. We went with the Personal pics option, and anything goes there, except illegal activities and advertising.

The good thing is, you get to see lots of action that couples have experienced.

The bad thing is, you get to see lots of action that couples have experienced.

For a while you could switch between personal and private/public. I didn't even realize you couldn't switch back and forth anymore... (shows how often I mess with the settings :D)

Is it SLS's way of trying to get people to upgrade to paid status so that they can send out their email in messages on a regular basis?

It seems in my case the opposite it true. I've been a free member there for years, even met a few folks. so I decided to pay for lifetime membership. Big mistake. Almost immediately my profile was taken "offline" for not being swingery enough (and my profile is better than most), so I changed it a couple of times, but no dice. I asked for a refund and was told no. I was definitely ripped off here.

It seems in my case the opposite it true. I've been a free member there for years, even met a few folks. so I decided to pay for lifetime membership. Big mistake. Almost immediately my profile was taken "offline" for not being swingery enough (and my profile is better than most), so I changed it a couple of times, but no dice. I asked for a refund and was told no. I was definitely ripped off here.

Can you elaborate on this about your profile being taken offline? I haven't heard of this happening unless the profile is either one word per line, or gibberish. How long ago was this, and what were the circumstances?

Never heard of this either. Sounds like something was wrong with your profile that was just overlooked when it was 'free' and was caught when you applied for Lifetime Membership.

The SLS people seem to have added a security feature to the their system:applause: Each image I see while approving pictures has a watermark. What this means is that images can no longer be copied and pasted without carrying this watermark along with them. The watermark disappears after an image appears in the profile where it belongs. I am certain that the SLS people added this feature so that people will not longer be able to commit the fraud of pasting somebody else's review image into a bogus on-line profile.

The SLS people seem to have added a security feature to the their system:applause: Each image I see while approving pictures has a watermark. What this means is that images can no longer be copied and pasted without carrying this watermark along with them. The watermark disappears after an image appears in the profile where it belongs. I am certain that the SLS people added this feature so that people will not longer be able to commit the fraud of pasting somebody else's review image into a bogus on-line profile.

If it disappears after it shows up in the profile someone can still grab it then.

If it disappears after it shows up in the profile someone can still grab it then.

This is true. But once into a profile, the images in private folders are at least a little more secure.

A follow-up. The review pictures are now viewable on mobile devices such as iPad. That was not true before.

The SLS Web masters have incorporated a new "rating system" that they want members who approve profile pictures to use:

G Suitable for the beach or movie theater.

PG MILD sexual content but NO nudity allowed.

R MODERATE sexual content, full nudity, provocative poses.

X-Z EXPLICIT sexual content, sex acts, erections, explicit poses. Member(s) may be absent from image.

BAD Is Illegal, Violates Child/Gender/Advertising Rules, Broken Image/Needs Rotation.

? Not sure which category is the best fit? Let SLS decide.

I think I am going to need to inquire about what Member(s) may be absent from image means. I wonder if this means that the Webmasters are going to be creating additional categories for people's profiles. The major reason they have historically had their ranking system for images is to prevent explicit pictures being in "public" parts of a profile.

I guess that must be a Public/Private pic approval thing. For personal pics, it's still giving me the Acceptable/Unacceptable options, which is all you really need for that category.

Here's the latest regarding pics (and approving pics) on SLS:

As you may have noticed, we recently began revamping the Public Picture Approval system used to approve new Public images.

Modifications

Changes include the move from a number based system (Type 1 and 2) to a more familiar and straightforward letter based system with ratings including G, PG, R, X-Z as well as the standard “Bad” and “I Don’t Know” categories.

Also included is a modification of the policy regarding rating certain types of images. Explicit sexual images and images of things without the member present which don’t violate any other rule may now be voted on by clicking the “X-Z” button.

While images with a final rating of “X-Z” are not allowed to be displayed in the Public category on the site, the member who uploaded it will be given the option of deleting the image or submitting it to the Personal category for approval without re-uploading it.

Please review the new rules at the bottom of the approval page and contact CustomerService with any questions. The Picture section of the Help page will be updated shortly with expanded explanations.

On-Going

While a significant portion of the changes are now in place, we’re not quite there yet. As a result, you may have noticed (or may in the next few days) that sometimes after rating an image, a notification is presented on the approval page that something was rated incorrectly.

Typically this will indicate that you rated an image “Bad” but the correct rating should have been “Unacceptable”. Both ratings are essentially the same and this issue will be resolved when the revamping of the system is completed.

In the interim, please click “I Understand” to dismiss the prompt.

Thank you for your diligence in approving member images and we appreciate your patience while we work on making the approval process simpler, faster and more member friendly.

At one time I attempted to approve pics, but it seemed like I got it wrong by their standard more than I got it right, so I finally gave up. I prefer to KISS.

Here's the latest regarding pics (and approving pics) on SLS:

Yes, I received this same message from the SLS Webmaster yesterday. I had already become fairly proficient at guessing correctly how they want the pictures to be rated. I do not yet understand completely what the mean by PG. I've seen women at the supermarket dressed more provocatively than what they call PG.

One thing is unchanged between now and "the old days". The number of single men who submit pictures far outnumbers any other category. And they are many still stupid enough to think that the world was just waiting to see their dick.

I guess that must be a Public/Private pic approval thing. For personal pics, it's still giving me the Acceptable/Unacceptable options, which is all you really need for that category.

I see the same thing as you, no rating, just acceptable or not.