wjb6104

Is SwingLifeStyle (SLS) worth it?

I've been a free member on SLS site for a month or so. I like the fact that I am able to truly try it out without fees or not just a 3-day pass kind of deal, and I enjoy how the site is laid out. But the thing is I have only had 2 people contact me, I would think I'd get a few messages from people in my area being that I am an attractive guy and what I have wrote in my profile. I guess the real question I have is, If I were to be a paid member on SLS would it be more likely other members would contact me/ are the extra features a paid member gets worth the cost? Thanks!

I'm replying as a couple on sls. It's my favorite site. I think it's worth it to have a paid membership. It's much less than we spend on going to clubs, babysitters, sexy underwear, etc! You can have a private gallery, you can send and respond to as many emails and view as many profiles as you want. You can certify people you meet. I think having a paid membership gives you a tiny bit more credibility as person who is serious not just looking for pictures. I find that we get very few contacts. So I contact anyone we're interested in and we do get positive responses on some of those. In your case I wouldn't contact anyone who says no single males, but otherwise you may have better results if you take the initiative rather than waiting to be contacted.

• Like 2

I've been a free member on Swing Lifestyle site for a month or so. I like the fact that I am able to truly try it out without fees or not just a 3-day pass kind of deal, and I enjoy how the site is laid out. But the thing is I have only had 2 people contact me, I would think I'd get a few messages from people in my area being that I am an attractive guy and what I have wrote in my profile. I guess the real question I have is, If I were to be a paid member on Swing Lifestyle would it be more likely other members would contact me/ are the extra features a paid member gets worth the cost? Thanks!

1) Two people within a month is much better than average for SwingLifeStyle.

2) Other Web sites will bring your a greater number of contacts but fewer quality contacts.

3) I have no way of judging if my wife and I represent the norm, but I can say that we have never never sent an inquiry to a non-paid member. There might be other who feel the same.

Hoping this helps.

~Michael

• Like 1

For the cost of a lifetime membership we thought it was worthwhile. We've had less luck with finding couples we were interested on SLS, but the one time cost was attractive enough to make it worthwhile. The longer we are members and the more people we meet drives the average cost down. Sites like AFF are an ongoing cost which adds up a lot.

• Like 1

Unfortunately one of the contacts was a from a single lady who said I am attractive but I'm too young for her liking, and the couple that contacted me we are still in touch and trying to get something lined up. I am really considering a paid account, I figured some people wouldn't contact free members, personally if I was a couple I probably wouldn't either, but hearing it from a member helps to influence my decision towards signing up. Is there anyone who doesn't like SLS????

When we first started swinging. We joined SLS (3 month trial) and a few couples showed interest, but nothing really came of it. Someone we met, suggested Swingerzonecentral (SZC) and we loved it! The site was more up-to-date then SLS and loaded with tons of tools and features. Plus, a life time membership was only $30. We also like how SZC allows you to upload very sexy pictures, unlike SLS. Once they rejected a picture of my wife, saying it was TO SEXUAL. Wait a minute... I thought this was a adult site for swingers??? We were shocked, when several other profiles that had far more explicit pictures then hers. I emailed to dispute their claim and had a list of profiles that were far more explicit then ours. They're response..."We haven't got to them yet." That was complete BULLS**T. Those other profiles had been on SLS a lot longer then ours and they never did get to the other profile pics. I'm not trying to bitch, but just telling you our experience and why we don't like SLS. You asked.

We also like swingerzonecentral. It's very active in our area. But it is a much smaller site and I have no idea how many people in your area are on it. I prefer the layout and appearance of sls' site. If you like to instant message, sls' chat is much better then szc.

I'm ok with the picture censoring on sls. I don't really need to see all the crotch shots that are on szc. It's a lot quicker to upload to szc because nothing gets approved and you have more freedom so that is nice.

It seems like most people in our area are on both sls and szc. SZC is much less expensive.

I've been a free member on Swing Lifestyle site for a month or so. I like the fact that I am able to truly try it out without fees or not just a 3-day pass kind of deal, and I enjoy how the site is laid out. But the thing is I have only had 2 people contact me, I would think I'd get a few messages from people in my area being that I am an attractive guy and what I have wrote in my profile. I guess the real question I have is, If I were to be a paid member on Swing Lifestyle would it be more likely other members would contact me/ are the extra features a paid member gets worth the cost? Thanks!

In a word, yes.

I tend to take paid members more seriously than non-paid members. I don't think we've ever contacted a single male before, but they've contacted us.

I'm not even sure how much a lifetime membership costs on there, or even a month to month membership, but it might be worth looking into.

ok I'm going to have to check out SZC. 30$ for a lifetime membership, that's worth it even if there aren't people in my area, the number of members can always grow, and the price will go up if it becomes a popular site. Thanks.

1) Two people within a month is much better than average for SwingLifeStyle.

2) Other Web sites will bring your a greater number of contacts but fewer quality contacts.

3) I have no way of judging if my wife and I represent the norm, but I can say that we have never never sent an inquiry to a non-paid member. There might be other who feel the same.

Hoping this helps.

~Michael

I agree. I've been a paid member there before as a single male, and it was worth it.

Oh, and as for other sites, swingular used to have a 1 time fee option also. That was 4 years ago. I'm not sure how they are running things now.

Many people look at free ads on SLS as people who are not legitimately swingers. If you aren't willing to pay to join then you probably aren't real (that's what many people think). The fact that you are a single guy is going to decrease your responses anyway... being an unpaid member and a single guy is going to decrease your responses even more.

From our perspective, as a couple who has been on SLS for a while (with no real successes) it entirely depends on your location. From going to paid membership from free saw no difference in people contacting us, taking us "seriously", or quality of people, but then I think that's more of a location problem for us.

Single males who contact us (there aren't many, and we would entertain the idea....) are usually paid, but some are free. Paying members can see photos, which is helpful.

Single males on Swing Lifestyle are a dime a dozen. We have them blocked from viewing or contacting us period! If you have a free profile with no pics (or even worse, just a cock pic) and no certs, I would suggest hanging around a dive bar until last call. Your odds are probably close to the same.

Not saying that you may not be that rare gem out there who is respectful, cool, and has his act together but just too much hay to sift through to find that needle for most people.

Just a side note, we have been lifetime SLS members for a few years now with only limited success. Seems like anytime a site offers free limited membership there are a lot of people who flirt with the fantasy but chicken out when it gets too real. We have been EXTREMELY lucky that we have not been stood up. We understand that it is reasonably common. But we probably go overboard with our BS meter. We just don't have the time or money to invest in long shots. So there is usually quite a bit of contact and planning that goes into a date for us. For the ones that we feel may be hit or miss we invite to meet at a local lifestyle club. If they show and it works out, awesome. If not then we can maybe meet someone else or just enjoy ourselves at the club.

We have seen several profiles stating that if you can't cough a couple of bucks to join then they feel you are not serious. This seems a little extreme. SLS seems to be a good value especially if you by lifetime membership like we did. But, like most other sites I guess, you get back what you put in.

It is all about how you market yourself to those looking. Don't be dissuaded, their are couples looking for single straight and bi men. Many Ladies always look for more cock, and will accept a clean, fit, well dressed, and polite gentleman. Post some photos if you are concerned about being outed in small communities, you can have them posted and just not public, but you can release them to those that you might be interested in. It is how you come off to the people looking, no different than going to a cocktail lounge and wanting to be noticed. Paying the fee, is always a good idea shows you are serious. Good luck

Everyone we have meet has been from SLS. We feel it is worth it when it comes time for our renewal we will probably get a lifetime.

SLS is a great site for our area, but not so good for others. We are lifetime members there as well. We use 3 sites to meet people, but usually only meet at events anyway.

We do believe that paid members are a better chance, shows that they are at least willing to spend so money to check things out. Sites like AFF are just nuts, way to many lookers and not enuff players, and they don't have any way to screen people.

If we meet people from SLS or LL we do certify them.

We put a lot of trust in certifications, more so than paying members.

If we meet people from Swing Lifestyle or LL we do certify them.

We put a lot of trust in certifications, more so than paying members.

Conversely, we would be more likely to stay away from people with a number of "certifications", as would some of the folks we know. Does it certify that you are "real"? Yep. Does it make it more likely that we'll get naked? Nope.

Single guys on Swing Lifestyle are not a "dime a dozen" any where near us, so it really depends on your location. For a single guy, it might be worth it. Better off finding a get together or party that will accept a certain number of single guys, and go from there.

The website does not matter. What will make it more difficult for you is the fact that you are a single guy. Bottom line:

You are just another "single guy looking to get laid" while the single women are UNICORNS. Sorry to say it, but you will never get as many hits as a couple or a single female.

Conversely, we would be more likely to stay away from people with a number of "certifications", as would some of the folks we know. Does it certify that you are "real"? Yep. Does it make it more likely that we'll get naked? Nope.

We certify lots of people who we haven't hooked up with. Certification is just a way to say:

1 they are real people

2 we have met them and their photo's look like them

3 they are fun people to hang out with

We have refused to certify people who don't match their profiles, or have major issues.

Mr

Lots of changes to the site recently. They do not seem to be for the better. Major concern is that people are posting unwanted or unapproved content to our wall. 

when we complained we were told, we took it off the main page just ignore random strangers posting to your board/profile. We have no plans to allow opt out.

They have become ignoramuses' with this site because you can't refer to anything sexual, fun or about meeting.  Probably is still the best swinger site out there for some but there are many other sites rapidly becoming member friendly that should sink SLS to the bottom and eventually out of existence.  We can only hope more members from SLS get tired of it and search for other sites that are much better suited for swinging, meeting and having fun.  They do a great job with Swing clubs and other parties and such ($$$$$$$$$$$$) because ($$$$$$$$$$) is all they are concerned with anymore. Personally I have come to hate SLS after 20 (+) years .  Its probably alright if you like to gaze at pictures or your vanity requires you posting 50 zillion pictures, but its not so fun to use for meeting people anymore. 

Sometimes in life you have to kiss a few frogs to find the royal couple you are looking for. The same is true with SLS you get out what you put in and that means that you have to do some work and contact the couples you are interested in some will respond some won't and not everyone you meet will be the match you are looking for.  But without being a paid member most not all serious couples that do play will ignore you as write you off as a looker not a player.

I have to agree that not having a paid membership is almost certainly having a negative impact on people contacting you.

Here's reality; single men in the lifestyle are sort of a reverse unicorn. There are a lot of single males, far greater than the number of couples who are looking for single men. Demand is low, and supply is high. Couples looking for single men can get bombarded with contacts. I speak from personal experience, as my wife and I do look for single men for her to play with. With so many contacts, I'm sure couples have lots of ways to rapidly separate the wheat from the chaff. One easy way is whether the single man is a member or not. It is very easy to regard non-member single men as drive-bys or men who don't really understand the lifestyle. Couples don't need the complication of a single man who doesn't understand that it means to be a third in an MFM.

We had an SLS "lifetime" membership for a few years, then dumped it, permanently.

Our experience was decidedly negative. The site was not fruitful for our needs. Most of the contacts we made were either looky-loos or flakes. We did get a lot of invitations to attend parties and group events at hotels, bar takeovers, and strip clubs. But, we rarely took the opportunities to attend.

Why? Our needs were different from what a lot of other swingers on SLS seemed to be looking for. If you like partying and group activities, and were happy to do away with any thought of maintaining a high level of privacy, then it is probably a better fit.

We have entirely different expectations. Our idea of "hard partying... lol" is a cocktail before dinner and glass of wine or two with it. Normally, we're fast asleep by ten PM. We have no interest in group activities, speed dating, or going to bars or strip clubs. And we place a high premium on maintaining our privacy.

So, it really just wasn't a good fit.