Please Visit These Sponsors As They Keep The Swingers Board FREE

Kasidie   Swinger Zone Central   Swing Lifestyle    Swingers Date Club    Adult FriendFinder  Swing Towns  Alt.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
The Swingers Board - The Swingers Board - The Original Swingers Lifestyle Community, forums,
    Swingers Board Addict
    Status
    Married Couple

Originally posted by CyberMWCouple:
    , the one's who's parents are too busy working them LONG hard earned hours of money making while sending their kids to after-school programs & care, never seeing their children till way after 6:00pm,
    True, but keep something in mind. What took one salary to attain a generation ago now takes two. Not every dual-career family is after the quarter million dollar home, complete with pool and jacuzzi. Many of us are just striving to pay a modest mortgage, eat three squares a day, and pray the 10 year old jalopy in the yard doesn't calf.

While I was growing up, there was a dozen or so of us who hung out together. Among us, there was only one of us who had his mom working, and that was the result of a divorce (another relative oddity for that period). Since then, the cost of living has soared far ahead of the average paycheck, and we're all like rats in a maze trying to keep our heads above water. That's why I get such a kick out of politicians claiming we're enjoying the most prosperous lifestyle in our history.

Sure, we only have to work twice the hours to make ends meet.

Dan

CyberMWCouple

Originally posted by CanadianCouple:
    True, but keep something in mind. What took one salary to attain a generation ago now takes two. Not every dual-career family is after the quarter million dollar home, complete with pool and jacuzzi. Many of us are just striving to pay a modest mortgage, eat three squares a day, and pray the 10 year old jalopy in the yard doesn't calf.

While I was growing up, there was a dozen or so of us who hung out together. Among us, there was only one of us who had his mom working, and that was the result of a divorce (another relative oddity for that period). Since then, the cost of living has soared far ahead of the average paycheck, and we're all like rats in a maze trying to keep our heads above water. That's why I get such a kick out of politicians claiming we're enjoying the most prosperous lifestyle in our history.

Sure, we only have to work twice the hours to make ends meet.

Dan
    You honestly think that I'm ignorant of this life fact here?! http://www.swingersboard.com/ubb/confused.gif

I was raise not by my parents, but by a single-grandparent, who had to quit her job to take care of all 4 of us! And our summer jobs that we had while back in high school, helped pay for our living where needed, God knows every penny counts...

I for one, was a single-parent (before marrying hubby now about 4 years ago), with 2 children still in elementary school, dividing myself up in more ways than one...With being a parent volunteer in their classrooms and office, and being the President of the PTA, while working in the education system, PLUS coaching on their Pop Warner Football AND Cheerleading team, then doing the domestic stuff at the homefront...

No matter how many "loop holes" you seem to find, sorry to say, but it doesn't pertain to us...We're not your ordinary citizens, that is out to make your life miserable, but to help others where we best know how!

Believe me when I say, we've around the blocks a few times and back where LIFE is concerned...If we show ignorance in certain areas, then I guess I'm not BOLD enough in "spelling it out" right! *LOL*

CyberWife

[This message has been edited by CyberMWCouple (edited 08-17-2001).]

Swingers Board Addict
    Status
    Married Couple

"Loop holes??"

Too often people are pidgeon-holed into stereotypes, and that includes families where both parents work. As I stated in an earlier post, my wife worked as a daycare teacher for four years, and she's learned a thing or two along the way as you have. While providing her with a living, it's also given her an insight into what effects warehousing kids causes, both for the kids and the parents.

My point in my last post was to illustrate how things have changed in the last generation, and not for the better. You seem to have taken some sort of personal offense to it, for reasons that are beyond me. I'm sorry if you had it rough as a kid, but I interpreted your remark on parents working long hours and not seeing their children as a cloaked criticism of their choice, when in many instances it's simply a matter of survival. True, there are those moms who just couldn't face life without the power lunches and boardroom ballbreaking, but again these aren't typical of working mothers, and that's the only point I was trying to make. No one's trying to imply you're ignorant of the facts of life. Could it be you have some sort of axe to grind?

We know all too well ourselves about penny pinching. Having had to change jobs due to a downturn in the shipbuilding industry, I'm currently earning 1/3 of what I used to, working 20 hours a week more for it, all the while trying to maintain a 100K mortgage.

Sorry, but I'm a person who's opinionated on certain things, and I can't change that any more than I could change my eye color.

Dan

CyberMWCouple

Dan,

You're the one that was taking things on the "personal" side, and I see NOTHING wrong with that. Same as "I" have the right to answer questions on a personal level from time to time, we all do. Personal experiences, thoughts, feelings, etc...Isn't this what it's all about here? Sharing, and hopefully helping others who have difficulty in similar situations of their lives? I hold nothing personal back, but only give the truth. Are you asking me for lies and deceit? I think not. Truth is hard for some to comprehend and it becomes a problem for them. It's a learning process.

And I acknowledge the fact, that you & Janette are also skilled in these areas of life, and that's cool! We all do our part in raising our own children to the BEST we all know how! We ALL do our BEST in supporting our families too! I just don't like doing my best in bitching about it, and rather DO something about it instead. http://www.swingersboard.com/ubb/smile.gif

Maybe because, I'm such an advocate for our younger generation, that others don't understand, or better yet, they've FORGOTTEN where they came from, who they once where, and how they got to where they're at, that they rather beat on their chest about it, and not show compassion to lend a helping hand, to guide them where they need to go... http://www.swingersboard.com/ubb/frown.gif

If you don't like the answers you receive, then why ask "those" questions in the first place? http://www.swingersboard.com/ubb/confused.gif WE ALL have our personal problems, and life skills, and know how, etc...Why don't you just come out and SAY what answers you're looking for? That way, the frustration and guessing game is tossed aside and we can begin the "healing" process.

I guess from now on, I'll just not voice my opinion while your ranting and raving. If it must save us from negativity and/or arguing, then so be it. THAT'LL be a miracle for me though, and I won't hold my breath either! *LOL* http://www.swingersboard.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Personally (here I go again with the "personal" side of me *lol*), I'd rather talk about much more positive things than politics, more rather like SEX! http://www.swingersboard.com/ubb/biggrin.gif Obviously, the younguns threw the adults off subjects/course again! Just doing their jobs...*LOL* http://www.swingersboard.com/ubb/tongue.gif

CyberWife

[This message has been edited by CyberMWCouple (edited 08-19-2001).]

Swingers Board Addict
    Status
    Married Couple

CyberWife --

If you choose not to comment on my opinions, remember that's your choice, not mine. Anyone here is welcomed and in fact encouraged to converse with me. I didn't take any of your remarks personally, but I did detect anger on your part, and that's what I commented on.

Regarding young people, it's a wonderful thing to take their best interests to heart, but sometimes that concern is implemented in such a way as to exacerbate existing problems, such as "enabling" them to continue the same destructive behaviors, and that was my point to you and others in here. Often the truth hurts, but young people need guidance, and sometimes that involves telling them things they don't want to hear.

Anyway, no hard feelings on my part. Now wish us luck, for in a few hours we're meeting a new couple. They're inexperienced but interested, and in addition another couple we met two weeks ago have told us they're interested pursuing things as well. After a drought of several months, the skies may finally be opening up again.

Dan

Status
    Married Fem.

The age of consent ranges from 14-18 (for girls, lower usually for boys) in the U.S

Eac state is different.......a few are 16, the majority 17 or 18.

I doubt very much a 19 year old would be prosecuted for sex with a 17 year old, but if this guy is pushing 30 it may be a different story....

But then again, that first post sounds so "Penthouse Forum" somehow I get the idea this potential 3some is really in some guys mind

Swingers Board Addict

Liza,
    The "boy" is a man of the age of 29. The girls in question are 16 and 17.

Status
    Married Fem.

Lycios,

Yes I read the original post........I was merely stating my opinion, that the scenario in that post sounded like fantasy-land (to me)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4