I'm not even sure this counts as a swinging experience but I feel like sharing...

I went to a local club tonight, alone because my lady wasn't feeling well. Still, we hadn't been there in months and I'd heard they'd done some renovations. I wanted to check it out. Honestly, had no intention of hooking up or anything. I just wanted to see the new decor and "breath the air" of the place again, play some pool, maybe dance. Decor was different. I'm still not sure if I liked it, but it wasn't bad. Place was about the same. I got there early. In fact, I think I was the first person there who wasn't on staff. Still, I looked around, I chatted. A few couples started to arrive. Suddenly, I got this flash of instinct telling me to leave, right there, right then... just get out and don't look back. So, I excused myself from the nice lady I was chatting with and left. Absolutely no idea why. I'll probably never know... but at this point in my life I've stopped second guessing my instincts.

Weird night.

Yeah, you may never know why you got that sudden urge to leave, but always trust your gut - it works in your favor more often than not. Sorry to hear your night was a bust.

Huh... Watch the news or talk to some people who attend the club tomorrow and see if something happened after you left. I agree with trusting your gut, though. Better safe than sorry.

Maybe your boss was about to walk in.

He was already there. Bastard won't leave me alone for a second. (That joke never gets old... one of the dubious virtues of being self-employed. :) )

He was already there. Bastard won't leave me alone for a second. (That joke never gets old... one of the dubious virtues of being self-employed. :) )

Love it!

Yeah, I have that problem. Terrible ain't it.

That is kinda' spooky, and while it'll probably drive you crazy not knowing WHY you got that feeling, you're better off for having heeded it. Some of the biggest messes I've gotten myself into have been the result of NOT following my gut instinct.

But if you do find out why that feeling came on, please tell us. ('Cause now it's gonna' drive me crazy!)

Oh, and your boss should totally give you a raise. You know his dirty little secret. ;)

=)

Yeah, still no clue what was going on that night. My wife is convinced that if I'd left later I would have been in a horrible car accident or something. I wonder if there was some kind of drama brewing up that I picked up on without conciously realizing.

Either way, we've been back to the club since and had a good time. Haven't heard anything else about that night. Not going to sweat it. Weird things happen from time to time.

Oh, and I keep getting my boss to give me time off whenever I want, 'cause I know all his secrets. :D

Funny thing is most people get these things a lot but never pay attention to them. There are a couple of books on this subject( I will try to find them and post later). One is from a Navy Seal and deals with training your mind to recognize and act on these clues, immediately and without hesitation. The other is from a psychologist and deals with most of the same topics just from a clinical outlook. We could all do much better learning to trust our instincts, after all they are what keeps us alive.

I've had a lot of weird feelings in my life where nothing was wrong and nothing happened.

Then what happens is something does happen and you assume it was because of your weird feeling.

Sometimes being a rationalist takes the magic out of life, but I am what I am.