Swingers Board Addict
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    M. Male
    SLS Handle
    loverstogether

Default Couples Cruise LS Takeover

Hi All

My wife and I recently booked a 100% lifestyle cruise but are having a difficult time finding reviews for them . We're just looking for general opinions of them and maybe a little comparison to Desire if you've been to both. We appreciate any help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Tired
    Last edited by JustAskJulie; 04-22-2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: fixed link

Swingers Board Addict
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    M. Male
    SLS Handle
    loverstogether

Default Re: Couples Cruise LS Takeover

This is great info thanks. We singed up for the 2013 cruise and have plenty of time to make up our mind should we decide to cancel. We're trying to decide if we would rather do a Desire trip next fall or go on the cruise. Everything I've read and heard about Desire is great but we haven't read much on the cruises. Thanks again for the review!

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    Trynewthingsutah

We just signed up for our first couples cruise in Jan 2013 as well! Looking forward to it!! Wonder if we'll be on the same one?

Swingers Board Addict
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    M. Male
    SLS Handle
    loverstogether

We're singed up for the April cruise out of Puerto Rico.

Here to Stay
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Couple

While the thread now seems a little dated, there may still be couples looking for information comparing Desire to a Lifestyle Takeover cruise. We were on the April 2011 cruise that Chicup reviewed in the link above. The review is spot on. In addition to the music, good and bad, we also disliked all of the banners that were tied to the second deck railing around the pool. Since chairs are a premium on a cruise like this, sitting behind a banner is like sitting behind the lady with the big hat in a movie - can't see a thing going on.

We have been to Desire prior to doing the cruise and at the time we commented how great it would be to have a Desire environment on a ship and then we found the Lifestyle cruises. We have booked another week at Desire as well as another cruise coming up in 2013. We liked the venue of both. I guess the main difference is that a ship of this size will have a much larger gathering of like minded folks than any week at Desire.

Swingers Board Guide funcoupledayton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    m. female

Desire is offering cruises now. Desire Cruises Deliciously Erotic, Azamara Quest

Might be the best of both worlds? I don't know how the pricing or amenities compare to other lifestyle cruises.

Has Left the Building
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    couple
    SLS Handle
    ozefun

I guess it all comes down to preferences. We are booked on the Freedom of the Seas in November 2012 with 3000 guests. I am not sure how many people the Desire cruise holds. We thoroughly enjoyed Desire Cancun last August, we have been on many cruises, but this will be our first time combining the two! We have also booked for the 2013 cruise so we may see you there. Look out for other forums. We are on another forum about the Freedom cruise. PM me if you want details of this other forum. I am not sure about publicly promoting another site on this site as I am new here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    He writes, she corrects spelling.
    SLS Handle
    DigginIt

Everyone that I have spoken with about the ones put on by Couples Cruise give nothing but rave reviews.

We are on the April 2013 cruise as well. It will be our first 'adult' cruise but we have taken a few others and know we will enjoy the cruise, regarless of the 'adult' aspect of it.

Swingers Board Addict
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    couple

We are booked on a last minute cruise leaving Friday..... Not a lifestyle cruise, but maybe we will go vanilla hunting LOL!!!

Actually we are going to look to the 2013 cruise this coming year. Never been on a lifestyle cruise before and looking forward to trying it out

Registered
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Couple

Been there, done that, can't wait to do it AGAIN! We went on the April 2011 Couples cruise. Was our first and will not be our last. Had a blast, could not do it all. So much fun to be had. Also made so many friends that we have been playing with reguarly since. It was a total positive experience. We saw so many different people on board and all were the nicest people in the world. Did not meet anyone that appeared to not be having fun. Very classy environment and well organized. If not for kid's college commitment at the moment we would also be bragging about going too, but for now we save for another future without kids in school.

Has Left the Building
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    couple
    SLS Handle
    ozefun

I'm a firm believer in you making your own fun. I can't wait until the cruise. We're meeting up with some people before the cruise at some organised events. There are no strangers, only friends you haven't met yet!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Single Male
    SLS Handle
    yourluvrman

Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Oz View Post
    I guess it all comes down to preferences. We are booked on the Freedom of the Seas in November 2012 with 3000 guests. I am not sure how many people the Desire cruise holds. ...
    We'll be on board as well. See you there.