For those who throw (or have thrown) house parties, what are your House Party Rules?

I was thinking if we threw a house party here, we'd need to do some rearranging but the rules in general would be the same as they are for any party...

Smoking must be done outside

And unless we turn out all lights in our sunroom, no sex in the sunroom (it's in the front of the house).

If you had a sunroom in the front of your house, what would you do? It seems like it would be a great place to play, the idea of feeling like you are outside, but in order to make it workable it would either have to be pitch black (which isn't possible without turning off the lights in the house as well) or we'd have to close all the blinds which would take away from the feeling that you were outside.

We are going to our first house party in a few weeks, and we're totally looking forward to it! It's a bummer that the sunroom is not in an ideal place ... if it were us, I think we'd have to say it was off-limits, unless it doesn't bother you if the neighbors found out.

If you had a sunroom in the front of your house, what would you do?

How high are the windows? Do they wrap around on top?

If so, maybe cover the windows up to head height off the ground, leave open above that, and look at the calendar to pick a night with a full moon, early moonrise, and hope for clear skies. We have a small transom window in the bedroom that on nights like that if we don't completely pull the shade will make it like daytime inside the room.

Aluminum foil works great for temporarily blocking windows. Easy to put up and since it blocks all light, no chance of the neighbors getting an eyeful from backlighting inside the house resulting in a silhouette peep show. Drawback is if you don't get it down by morning it gives the front of your house that cool spaceship look that will probably be the talk of the neighborhood :)

I think it would be very hard to open the sunroom for play at a party.

You can't count on people to obey the rules and someone could turn on the lights and that's all it would take for the neighbors to pull out their binoculars. Your neighbors will know a party is going on - with all the cars in your drive and in the street - and neighbors are nosey, I'm am. :lol:

You'd be worried that someone would turn on the lights in the sunroom or the house and light the sunroom up enough to reveal a naked body or two, and that would interfere with you being a relaxed hostess...and it would get the neighbor's talking.

I would plan a party that offered you the optimum way to start out comfortable and with privacy in mind.

Use the sunroom at another time, when you have one or two couples over to play privately, and you ALL will know how important keeping it dark is. You'll be able to control a smaller play situation much better and enjoy your sunroom, too.

LM

P.S. I like the idea of using the sunroom when the moon is full. :)

Clean up after yourself...I'm not your maid. (Used condoms go in the trash, not on the floor).

BYOB

No means No

My house, my music...ask before you mess with the program I have running, I don't want any of my songs deleted by accident.

If you're watching someone have sex, be naked.

Be nice, respectful and leave any drama at the door.

Teresa

Interesting topic...I would like to host a house party sometime.

I agree with most of TNT's suggestions. I do NOT want to be wandering around picking up used condoms...ick.

So: No means No.

BYOB and I'll have common mixers and plenty of munchies.

Little trash cans and wet wipes in play areas (and maybe condoms and lube depending on the size of the party).

Don't touch the laptop/Ipod :spank: lol.

No smoking in the house.

No wandering outside naked (we don't have a covered porch or a high enough privacy fence).

Now, I like the idea of the sunroom, even if it is on the front of the house. Some material, shades, or the foil idea to cover high enough that folks can walk around and no one can see in but you still have the overhead visual of the moon and stars is pretty nice and still allows for some low level lighting options without giving the neighbors a free peep show.

Maria :kissface:

No parking in the yard. Or at least have designated parking. It just draws attention:eek:.

When everyone arrives we show them around, and point out:

the stacks of hand towels and baby wipes,

bathrooms and showers,

large towels for placing underneath (in case of squirting),

mixers and shared booze,

where to store their personal belongings,

where the private rooms are versus the group room,

the "conversation room" for talking, please no loud talking in the sex rooms, as it's distracting

how to operate the sex swing

ask about allergies (we store our cats in the garage). one lady is deathly allergic to peanuts, so no peanuts anywhere

rules:

smoking is in 1 room only or outside

don't have sex on the kitchen table (old, antique)

don't go naked on the back deck (neighbors)

condoms are required for anal, and please don't go from one woman to another if you participate in anal

please wash or shower between each partner

no drugs are allowed

no cameras unless you ask first

no means no

participate at YOUR comfort level

if a door is closed, don't go in

Please let the host/hostess know if you need anything or if anyone gets out of line.

We have a large sunroom that we have blinds on the windows for parties. If you don't have blinds, pick up some inexpensive sheer fabric (Goodwill has tons of curtain sheers), tack with thumbtacks and drap in a sexy fashion. Get some of those "candles" that are battery operated. We found them at the dollar store. Take the bulbs out of the other lights in the room. It could be your sexiest room.

As for neighbors, get "happy birthday" balloons or a banner. It takes some of their curiosity level down a notch.

Have fun!

Mrs. D

• Like 1

As for neighbors, get "happy birthday" balloons or a banner. It takes some of their curiosity level down a notch.

Now that's clever :welldone:

Since we live in the country off a dirt lane, neighbors not a problem. We have our gatherings in the basement so the good furniture does not cum into play.

No Smoking,

a no is a no

since we have no rooms, except for hut tub and shower, everything is in full view. So if a spouse thinks someone is doing something out of line it can be corrected.

Mr Larg is the enforcer and to date no problems.

New couples must get an approval before even getting close to this house by all guest.

No parking in the yard. Or at least have designated parking. It just draws attention:eek:.

Yeah -- THAT would be what the neighbors are talking about. LOL!!!

(Look Jed -- the Fun's are having another party tonight. I bet it's a swinger party! They're parking on the YARD!!!)

Next week

(Jed -- the Fun's are at it again ... oh wait ... never mind. No one is parked on the yard. And they're just some nekkid people on the porch, but that's it. Whew!)

WE are having our first house party next week. We are really excited about it. I think the first "rule" is to pick the guest list carefully. We only invited people that we know are respectful, discrete, and fun. Interestingly, many of the participants know each other.

We will have three designated play areas and lots of party favors (condoms, lube, wipes, etc.).

I can't wait to write about this in my blog!!!

For those who throw (or have thrown) house parties, what are your House Party Rules?
Aber beklecker nicht das Sofa.

Yeah -- THAT would be what the neighbors are talking about. LOL!!!

(Look Jed -- the Fun's are having another party tonight. I bet it's a swinger party! They're parking on the YARD!!!)

Next week

(Jed -- the Fun's are at it again ... oh wait ... never mind. No one is parked on the yard. And they're just some nekkid people on the porch, but that's it. Whew!)

So you understand what kind of neighbors we have :lol: Is there a Jed in your neighborhood as well. :D

So you understand what kind of neighbors we have :lol: Is there a Jed in your neighborhood as well. :D

Hahahaha! Yes, I do believe Jed may have another house here in Virginia ... LOL!!

If you tell your neighbors birthday party they may want to come.

How about an old Amway party? I am now completely turned off.:lol:

If you tell your neighbors birthday party they may want to come.

How about an old Amway party? I am now completely turned off.:lol:

LOL, my one vanilla friend that knows about our swinging teases me that it's like Amway . . . :lol:

=)

Aber beklecker nicht das Sofa.

I don't believe that I'm the only Zappa fan that got that joke^^^! That's funny right there!

Our rules are pretty basic:

1.) No means NO!

2.) You are not obligated to do anything other than be polite.

3.) If you see a door closed, leave it closed and move on.

4.) Condoms, baby wipes, lube, towels, robes, and such are provided for your convenience - feel free to use them.

5.) If you use those items, please dispose of them properly (robes and towels in the hamper, condoms and their wrappers in the trash.)

6.) BYOB and a snack for others to enjoy. (It doesn't have to be anything fancy - just bring what you like to snack on.) We provide soft drinks, bottled water, ice, and several mixers. If you have a favorite drink or mixer, ask us or bring it with you.

7.) If you have any ideas, suggestions, comments, complaints, or demands for payment please speak up. We want to hear from our guests. If something isn’t working out, let us know. If you particularly liked something, say so. If you have an idea to move things along, a suggestion for a theme party, or just a comment on the color of our drapes, please say something. We can’t fix something if we don’t know it’s broken, and we can’t run with a theme if we don’t know what that theme is.

In our invitations we mention that we do allow smoking in our home, but I have several small air filters running around the house to help take care of that. During the summer, our doors and windows are open and the fans are running, so it’s not a factor. We’ve never had a complaint about smoke.

We live out in a pretty rural area, so neighbors aren’t really a concern. I’ve often wondered about this anyway. Just because there are several cars parked in our driveway, that means we’re all naked and having sex with each other? Well, we are, but how can they tell that by the number of cars in our driveway?

please wash or shower between each partner
my wife can appreciate this rule after our last house party. No oral unless you are cleaned off after intercourse between partners, ick!

One small note about the music: If you have "newbies" make it mellow. Our first house party the host liked that screamy "new" rock crap. It makes both of us uncomfortable. The host cranked the music to the stops to cover any sexual screaming I guess, but it made for a very unpleasant evening. Neither one of us could relax and we ended up leaving early. I am not saying that everyone should conform to my taste in music, but it is better to keep it at a low volume, and if possible mellow, you want the guests to feel relaxed not stressed out as the screamy stuff tends to do for most people.Just our conclusion/opinion.

The unfortunate thing about music is that most people don't agree. If it's too loud, then someone wants it lower. If it's lower then someone wants it louder. If it's hip-hop then someone wants country and vice versa. Then there is the drunk that wants to play DJ:lol:

In our experience, mellow blues in the background works just fine

I solved the music dilemma by asking everyone to bring their favorite party CDs. I rip them into iTunes, then have the couple select up to 5 tunes from that CD to play during the party. It gets people involved, and they have a say in the music. The only exception to that rule is our annual Parrothead Party, where the music is all Jimmy Buffett - all the time...

True, it is very rare that more than two people agree on favorite music, but the Blues or jazz is usually mutually inoffensive to all. Same with volume, yep there will always be that one guy (usually) who insists that the only way music is good is if it is shaking the neighbors windows, but there again: keeping it low enough that you can actually have a conversation, or if you have to explain it to "that guy" hear what your partner is asking you to do, is going to make things a little more comfortable for everyone. Of course this is just how we feel and run things. If you don't like it, you don't have to come to our house and we don't have to come too yours.

We haven't had any 'volume issues' yet, but I agree with you totally. The only time the music gets cranked up is if someone wants to dirty dance to a particular tune. You'd be surprised at how many women suddenly tell me they wish we had a brass pole in the living room when 'Black Velvet' by Alannah Myles comes on. They love to dance dirty to that song...

here's our party rules...

GENERAL RULES

1)no means no

don't be afraid to say no. and if you say "maybe" or "not now",

understand that this means they will be back later! if someone tell

you NO and you keep it up you WILL be ejected, and you will NOT be

allowed back. if you can't take NO respectably don't bother to show

up. in my 6 years or so as doorman we've VERY rarely had to eject

anyone. let's leave it that way.

also remember that this applies to online as well. if someone tells you

"no thank you"..and you keep on asking...I'll make sure you're done here

and a lot of other places as well.

2)have fun

and if something is making things not enjoyable for you, let us

know, and we WILL fix it.

3)BYOB

we don't supply alcohol. you need to bring your own!

4)smoking is outside on the back porch

please respect those that don't smoke by leaving it outside!

5)leave the drugs at home

alcohol is legal. other drugs aren't.

SINGLE MALE RULES

1)you must go through our interview process prior to attendance. call

joe (xxx)xxx-xxxx and ask for an interview. if we have room for a

single male you might get one.

2)no admittance for single males until 9:30. NO exceptions.

DIRECTIONS

we don't publish the directions to the party. if you are a couple or a single female ASK, we will gladly send them out to you.

single males MUST go through the interview process. when you get an interview, you will be given directions.

PARKING

please park on the same side of the street as the house is on, all

the way down in either direction, just don't block any driveways or

the fire hydrants.

also the side of the house down to the parking lot behind the house

is usually open. the lot behind the house is for residents, please

don't block it or park there.

if there is ever a parking ban in portsmouth..usually in the winter...

we have a lot nearby we can park at and we will gladly shuttle you

back and forth. just come to the front of the house and we'll show you

where it is.

parking hasn't been a problem...yet. but it could turn into one.

see you at a party!

allen the doorman

I solved the music dilemma by asking everyone to bring their favorite party CDs. I rip them into iTunes, then have the couple select up to 5 tunes from that CD to play during the party. It gets people involved, and they have a say in the music. The only exception to that rule is our annual Parrothead Party, where the music is all Jimmy Buffett - all the time...

Fantastic idea!!

All the suggestions have been good. the one that we have that I have not seen addressed yet is to set aside an easily accessable 'No-play zone' such as a living room or main area of a hotel suite where no play or nudity is to occur. That way people have an area they can feel less encroached or pressured in.