do_lei_me

Stumbled across family on swinger ad site

Hey, In our first 2 weeks of searching for couples we happened to stumble on a cousins profile on SLS. The thing is they are unicorn hunters and I'm not quite sure they would have found us yet. We also found out that they frequent the same "circle" as us. I think we are gonna tell them whats up just so if/when we run into them somewhere (its bound to happen), the shock will be minimal.

Any suggestions or comments? Has this happened to any of you?

Ha Ha, I found my sister. :eek:

Talk about weird, but now we chat about the lifestyle the same way we chat about the weather, but with more intrest of course.

When Dog first suggested the lifestyle I was kind of alone. Dog, although fantastic, wasn't a "girlfriend" you can talk to.

I love that I have my sister on board with me. We have slightly different lifestyles. I am just a beginner swinger and she is a seasoned BDSM.

But the compainionship is there and I love asking her questions about feelings and next steps. Not sex, we usually just joke about that. :D

I would have died if I ran into her and her boyfriend in a club atmosphere.

The way I broached the subject with my sister was to "drop" a swinger term like Vanilla. when I did that the reaction I got from her was pricless.

Her mouth was wide open and she nearly shouted you are in the lifestyle. :eek:

well thats my story I hope yours turns out as well as mine did

Your friend,

Prettylady :kissface:

Well we aren't exactly friendly with the cousin, we only see them for holidays. But the male part of the cousin couple keeps making unwanted advances toward the female part of the couple we regularly play with. She knows that he is our cousin and didnt want to tell him anything. So I know we will meet them somewhere, luckily he happened to miss the first party we went to. I'd be fine with finding out about my sister I think, like you said its someone to girltalk with.

Now there's a scenario.

Cousins we could probably deal with as we know we have them but never meet them so probably wouldn't even know them if we did.

Sisters would be great (so long as they weren't OUR sisters - lol).

Bud had the traumatic experience at the tender age of sixteen of dating a distant family member (not blood family - or so he thought). Everyone told him and her to leave it alone and not to see each other (red rag to a bull at 16. Did these people never see West Side Story?) but it was only when Bud's sister got drunk enough at a family wedding to tell bud that the girl was indeed his own half sister as Bud's dad had played away with Bud's mum's brother's wife's sister the year after Bud was born. Luckily, no bodily fluids had been exchanged. Affair ended. Hearts broken. Wonder what she's doing now?

Bud keeps expecting to meet his ex-wife at a party (what a complicated life he does lead) as he knows she swings in close vicinity which is the main reason we don't.

I have two different cousins that are also into swinging.

One (older single male cousin) does not frequent the same places we do, so no problem there. He and I see each other quite often at school functions and it's usually just a smile and a nod of the head at each other, with mild picking on each other that goes over anyone within hearing range heads.

The other cousin (younger married female cousin) we do frequent the same places, know a lot of the same people and have had no problems whatsoever. She is a bit of a practical joker in that she got Ted chatting with her one night, telling him where we lived, the name of our children and all sorts of personal information...He had no idea who she was ( I have a very large family and Ted still has not met all of them). He came and got me, telling me this girl knew an awful lot about us. I took one look at her picture and told him it was my cousin ****. Her and I had a good laugh :lol: He didn't think it was so funny saying there were two other couples in our town with ads on SLS and one of them had to be my cousin and she was a cutie.

If anything, swinging has brought my cousins and I closer than we were before.

Teresa

Teresa, that must've been priceless.

Thus far, we haven't run into any relatives who swing, although a few of our family members know. My MIL knows, as she used to live in our downstairs apartment, and we felt she should know not to come upstairs to visit if we had friends over; my BIL (and I'm assuming, my sister, too) know because Mr. intuition is good friends with BIL and just shortly after our first full-swap experience the just HAD to spill the beans to someone (Sis wasn't impressed, I gather. She's never spoken to me about it); Mr. intuition's former office-mate knows...again, because he needed to brag. ;) And a girlfriend of mine and her husband know...because I had to brag to someone! :lol:

Okay, maybe "brag" is a strong word for it, but it was just so awesome that you just HAD to tell somebody about it!

Prettylady,

The more you post the more intrigued we are. Who knows, we might not be cousins. :)

Been looking up Lost in Dogs Arms on the Atlas, but can't find your location at all. :sad:

You want scenarios, I've gota few for you.

1. We were at a party once with some older friends. Our friends son and his wife walked through the door. Apparently the host didn't know they were related when the invites went out. Neither the parents or the son knew that the others were swingers. So what do you do in that situation? Making a scene by either the parents or the son would have been pretty hypocritical, wouldn't it? After all, they were both there for the same reasons. You want to know how it turned out, don't you? Go ahead and admit it. Well, it actually turned out pretty well. Both couples went their own ways when the partying got started and everyone had a good time. The Mother actually made a remark to me along the lines of "like father, like son." Some other folks at the party seemed to have more of a problem with it then they did. When it was brought up, we just told them that it wasn't like they were going to be playing together.

2. We knew a mother and daughter, both single, that went to the same parties. My hubby played with both of them, although seperately. They definitely were not into the typical male fantasy of a mother/daughter tag team. Neither mother or daughter seemed to have a problem with it. As a matter of fact, the Mom said they would get together afterwards to compare notes on their lovers.

3. We were at a party once and one of the co-host couples had brought they 19-20'ish year old daughter to the party with them. When we asked them about it later, the mother told us that she'd rather have her there, with people she knew and trusted, then in the back of a car somewhere. The girl apparently had a very healthy libido, like her mother, and either the parents were going to have to accept it, or send her off to a convent. I ran into the daughter online may years later. She had gorown into a great woman, and was a wife and mother and seemed like the kind of person I would like to know better.

4. We had recently moved and were trying to get into the local lifestyle community. We were invited to a meet and greet and it turned out that the hosts lived just a few blocks from us. We got to be very good friends with this couple and did a lot of things both socially as well as partied with them and their friends. After we had known them for several months, they admitted one night that they were first cousins. Apparently they had run into each other after having gone through mariage, child rearing, and eventual divorces for both them. A relationship had developed and led them becoming a couple. Both shared an interest in swinging that had not been shared with their ex-spouses.

The moral of these scenarios? I guess that in all of them, the people were all pretty well adjusted people that seemed to allow for family members to participate in the lifestyle with them. In all of them, except in #4, there was no incenst involved. In that case I don't even feel that it was an issue. After all, our taboos about incest are based on reproduction, not sex itself. This couple were past the point of having children.

As to the original question, I don't feel that it should be an issue as long as all the parties involved are comfortable with it. It's not really any different then any of the other similar posts about folks running into acquaintances that they know socially or from work within swinging. Everyone is there for the same reasons and with the same goals in mind. The same rules of discretion apply. Why should it be a problem?

Teresa,

Gotta ask??? Ever been with your cousin and her hubby? You said that Ted thought she was cute.

My oldest cousin's daughter (my second cousin), Kathy and I always hit it off so well each time we're together. She's about six years younger than me. I wouldn't hesitate if they were in agreement.

Teresa,

Gotta ask??? Ever been with your cousin and her hubby? You said that Ted thought she was cute.

No...family is a line we don't cross.

Teresa

Funny things happen it must have been meant to be. My wife and I were at a party and into a threesome and her parents were there too. They showed up later than us. It was very diffrent watching them have sex but very exciting. Now its just a family thing. facelick

do_lei_me said:
Hey, In our first 2 weeks of searching for couples we happened to stumble on a cousins profile on SLS. The thing is they are unicorn hunters and I'm not quite sure they would have found us yet. We also found out that they frequent the same "circle" as us. I think we are gonna tell them whats up just so if/when we run into them somewhere (its bound to happen), the shock will be minimal.

Any suggestions or comments? Has this happened to any of you?

What is a unicorn hunter? I don't find it listed in the dictionary here, or just unicorn even. I read this board a lot 'cause it seems to be full of friendly people willing to share good information. So I'm hoping someone will educate me on this. :kissface:

A single bi-sexual female is typically called the unicorn. Because they are so rare and so many people seem to be looking for them. :lol:

A single bi-sexual female is typically called the unicorn. Because they are so rare and so many people seem to be looking for them. :lol:

Ah ha, appropriate name then. Thanks for the info. :kissface: