greg1950

Room doors left ajar at swinger hotel parties?

We just returned from the Splash Party in Orlando (complete hotel takeover) and noticed some hotel room doors that were left ajar by the lock closure bar. In one room in particular, we noticed quite a few different people going in and out from it at all hours of the day and some at night. Does anyone know if a propped open door at a hotel takeover means anything? I am thinking it might be a play room for those in the know? We plan to attend more hotel takeovers, and certainly other Splash Parties, so we were curious.

If you saw people going in and out, why didn't you ask them? The door was was probably propped open because they got tired of getting up and opening it all night. I would not take it as an open invitation for anyone to enter.

Hmmm... it might be for anyone, but I'd think it was more likely open for a group of people who knew each other and were hanging out together. You can always knock on the door and say something friendly, like "Hey, noticed your open door, was wondering if you wanted some more company." You might get invited in, and you might get the explanation that they were just waiting for so-and-so.

At a house party, at least the ones we have been to, it means that anyone can come in and at least watch. If privacy is desired, the door is closed.

Don't know about hotel take-overs though.

I would assume a door in that condition is not an open invitation. Hotel parties we have been to, a door wide open is more of an invitation to join the party.

Always better to ask for permission first, rather than forgiveness later....

That can be done at the door or usually the desk will hook up a phone call between room numbers.

fun4ds

I'd have to agree that it isn't an open invitation in this case.

However :), knock on the door with a pizza in hand, and I'm betting it will be an open door for you.

Everyone loves pizza, and the person that supplies it!

We went to the Splash party a couple of years ago and they do usually have SEVERAL open rooms that are for anyone to enjoy. These rooms are usually themed and the doors are left open (usually propped). If it wasn't one of these rooms I would not assume it was an open invite.

What we noticed when we were there was that all of the playrooms were located on one floor and interspersed with those designated playrooms were usually the rooms of the people who were helping run the playrooms (or other aspects of the parties) - this is assuming Splash is still at the same hotel - since where they were at when we went MOST of the guest rooms were located with outside entrances (with the exception of the building that contained the play rooms... in which case pretty much that whole floor was a playroom).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By jjtrindc
      It's Monday so I thought we all could use a fun post to kick off the week. I just read a thread about "indicators or signs" about how you can identify yourself as a swinger which reminded me of a fun podcast I heard where they listed off all the ways you may be able to tell if your neighbor, co-worker, etc is a swinger.

So I'll kick it off...

If you see your neighbor's wife headed out the door in a trenchcoat on a Saturday night...in August...well, they just may be swingers.
    • Guest jef
      By Guest jef
      I and my wife have come across a few couples, who we were not sure were swingers are not and we found it very difficult to break ice

I have always wondered why no one has ever thought of a few secret signals that could convey the message, signals like that of the Masonic Lodge, which are understood only by swingers. These could be simple signals which only swingers understand. This will make things easier for both parties. Signals could be such If not understood by the other couple could simply be ignored without making anything obvious. These could be universal and could be propagated by all swinger websites
    • By newbicuriouscpl
      I'm wondering if we're out socially, if there are subtle ways to tell if someone is a swinger; or if there are subtle ways we can bring up swinging without actually saying, "We are curious about swinging." That could really spread something we wouldn't be comfortable with in our area.
    • By 2chase3
      I have heard before there are key points to look for to notice Hotwives/Swinging couples in public. I consider it a myth more than anything, So I will ask the more experienced here if there is any truth in it.
      Its rumored you can usually spot a hotwife from the color of nail polish, jewelery,ankle braclelets, preference in shoe style are all indications of a Alternative lifestyle. *I know to categorize a individual from just these simple choices is a stretch to say in the least.*
      But say we entertain the thought for a moment, any idea's how to spot signs on the male as well?

Like anything most hobbies/activities have a simple sign to show interest in it.
      example: parents with kids in sports might have the football logo or whatever on their vehicle..Sure we have all seen them. Is there a global logo for swinging?lol and do you wear it publicly for the sole purpose?
    • By Mike6216
      Ok, I'm going to sound like a newby, but that's because I am lol. The wife and I are going on our first cruise in a few days. It's not a "swingers cruise", but I've heard that there are usually tons of swingers on any cruise. My question is, how do we spot them? I know about the pineapple thing, but i also assume that pineapples are a  pretty common thing on a Carribean cruise. We are 3 years deep in the lifestyle but, so far, we only swing with one other couple, so we have zero experience in approaching potential playmates. We are not going on the cruise to actively seek out new playmates, but would like to be ready if the opportunity arises. My questions are:

1. Is there a way to spot swingers and, if so, how?
      2. Once we have determined that a couple are swingers, how do we start the conversation?
      3. Is there a way that we can make ourselves visible to other couples that might be in the same boat as us?