Thread: How do swingers address each other in a meet and greet situation

Question How do swingers address each other in a meet and greet situation

We are going to our first serious swinger event which will be a hotel takeover. Not having ever been in a situation such as this we were wondering how swingers typically address and introduce each other. Our only experience with the lifestyle has been the Swingercast episodes with John and Allie. In those episodes they usually refer to other swingers by their Mr and Mrs (online identity) or just single initials. I can understand this as it is a public podcast and they dont want to reval names to a national audience. But do people do that in the actual situations as well? I Understand the need to be discrete and that no one wants any drama or to be outed but it would seem strange to be using a pseudonym to introduce myself all weekend? What names do people usually go by?

Mr and Mrs Crystalpleasure

Default Re: How do swingers address each other in a meet and greet situation

We usually use first names only. I still remember when we went to our first club and I told PB we would use our MIDDLE names at all times in swinging. That lasted about 5 mins when we were in the door. You will find that people introduce themselves to you with their first names. I know one person who uses a pseudonym but she has a good reason.
    Who doesn't like a PB&J sandwich?

We only know of one couple who uses a "swinger name". Everyone else, as far as we know, uses their real first name and we address them as such. When first introduced, we will often link our names with our online name in case they are curious as to who the hell we are.

Beyond that, the men shake hands on greeting, all other combinations usually give a welcome hug. Many hugs are brief and innocent. Some are a bit more vigorous and intimate. Just depends on your personal relationship with the person you are hugging.

Kisses are common too. Though we reserve intimate kissing for us alone, as a married couple.

The other posts said it well. Unless you have a really good reason, I suggest you use your real first names. Then if you are exchanging contact information, or if it comes up, give your online profile handle.

When being introduced, I don't usually give more than a hug or maybe a little kiss. More would be presumptuous in my opinion.
    Through every dead and living thing, Time runs, like a fuse. -- Jackson Browne

We go by our first names but have come across a single female that uses a nickname and I have no clue as to what her real name is. I heard it's because she thinks her first name is really ugly and she wants a name that suits her more. I can't fault her for that as I know many people in the vanilla world that prefer to not go by their legal first names.
    ~Lilo

Our SN says it all, lol. This is the same name we use for most of the sites we're on. We just use our first names. Since Jen doesn't get on the computer much or take part in the forums (it's just not her thing), I tend to have a general idea of who people are by their SN.

We use our first names when going to meets or clubs. I mean, Mr. and Mrs. CXXC is tough to say much less remember. I also have cards printed up with our contact info (E-mail, phone, YIM etc.. all with the CXXC name and our real first names) to hand to people of interest.

Upon meeting new individual, a hug to the ladies and a handshake to the gents works perfectly well. If we have chatted wiht them on line, a kiss for the ladies is ok.

It is not unlike the vanilla world upon introduction. Just go with what makes you feel comfortable!
    Veni, Vidi, Veni!!!

In person, I've always heard each other refer to one another by their first-names or nicknames (sometimes if it is an online group - introductions will be done by the group owners/moderators to the rest of the group... this is "so-and-so" aka "screen-name")

But usually those online/screen-names get dropped fairly quick. I know of a few folk who prefer to go by "swinger-names" or nicknames they'll use only for swinging... but those are more the exception than the rule.
    Have some... you'll want some more an hour later

We also use our first names for introductions. If someone says "are you on SLS/AFF/whatever site?" Then I give our user name on the site.

I think anything else makes it too complicated...for example my mom always jokes she knows when people met me by what they call me. If I went to school (k-12) they call me by my nickname, which is a shortened form of my middle name. Family calls me by my middle name. College friends and most co-workers in my post-college life call me Maria. It took Jeff a little while to figure out who Danielle was when my mom or sister would call me that.
    Maria

First names.

I've encountered a few people in the last 10 or so years that use aliases even after meeting. In both cases once they were comfortable with us they gave us their real names.

Like most others have said, we just use first names. Maybe a screen name if referring to someone you only know from online or are just meeting for the first time in person.

It can get comical - at the SB Meet-Up last summer, there was a large table of us and the waitress seemed bound and determined to get us to say our full names so they could keep the orders and checks straight. By the time she got around to us, when I just did the same as everyone by giving just a first name and she answered back "last name?" and I just gave the first name again, she shot me a glare like "what in the hell is up with you people??"

Quote Originally Posted by cplnuswing View Post
    Like most others have said, we just use first names. Maybe a screen name if referring to someone you only know from online or are just meeting for the first time in person.

It can get comical - at the SB Meet-Up last summer, there was a large table of us and the waitress seemed bound and determined to get us to say our full names so they could keep the orders and checks straight. By the time she got around to us, when I just did the same as everyone by giving just a first name and she answered back "last name?" and I just gave the first name again, she shot me a glare like "what in the hell is up with you people??"

Should have had everybody give some kind of gangster/mafia name. That would have been funny.
    There are fish in the water that haven't been caught yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cplnuswing View Post
    Smith or Jones comes to mind hahaha.

But to the OP's question. Yes, first names. And greetings are really very much like they are in any other group. Those that know each other well share intimate greets, if they don't, they are more formal. Also I have a suggestion. Go get some of those cheap business cards that you can print at home. Put your SLS username or what ever you use on them. Some people have prepaid cell phones that they use just for swinging. You can put that number on there if you wish. You can always share your card to folks that you want to meet later.

S
    Try anything once, twice if it is fun, three times if it is real good!

Swinger 1: I say jolly hot wife there my good fellow mind if a squeeze the goods?
    Swinger 2: Of course not my good sir, a nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat!
    Swinger 1: Right'o lets have a squeeze then *squeeze*. Magnificent!
    Swinger 2: The best money can buy!