socolais

What do you not want to hear after sex?

So, the question is: What do you not want to hear after a playtime?

I've had several women say, "Thank you" while we're picking up the condom wrapper and wondering where we threw our clothes. That makes me feel strange, like maybe she thought that was a mercy fuck or something. I like it when they say they had a good time, and I'll say that too. But I don't feel thankful and it throws me off a little when they appear to be.

What have you heard that sounded odd to you?

I've had several women say, "Thank you" while we're picking up the condom wrapper and wondering where we threw our clothes. That makes me feel strange, like maybe she thought that was a mercy fuck or something.

I don't know :rolleyes: According to Maureen (a Robert A. Heinlein character, the mother of Lazarus Long) A lady should always tell a gentleman "Thank You" when she's had a good time. It should however, be said in such a way, that the gentleman hears and receives it as the compliment it was intended.

"Thank you, that was wonderful".

A thank you is entirely appropriate in my opinion assuming it is delivered sincerely. In my experience it is usually joined with an expression of having had a good time, let's do again, etc.

Perhaps the manner in which the particular thank yous were delivered seemed short, disingenious or forced to you. I guess there will always be occassions where for whatever reasons we don't meet expectations and perhaps the token thank you is just an acknowledgement of the evening rather than a celebration of it. I have certainly been in that fix a couple of times where how the thank you was said betrayed the words. It does more than throw me - it hurts!

"I Love You"

:lol: uh, yeah... that would suck... and not in a good way::P:

But in response to socolais (love how that rolls off the tongue), "thank you," in its simplest form, means that you have done something good and it's appreciated. A "thank you" suffices for "thanks for making my evening hot," especially when delivered with a kiss;) I have heard "never say thank you for sex." I disagree, at least when sex has been part of a wonderful evening. You never feel thankfulness; however, I would ask you, have you never felt pleasured? And have you never felt pleasured by someone who owed you nothing? It's a selfish world. We all engage in mutual pleasure, true, but we can get that at home, no? Do we not all risk a bit of ourselves when we engage in sexuality with strangers (and please don't play the friends first card - y'all know what I mean). Thank you may be nothing more than an acknowledgment of these things. I've said it before. I'm sure I'll say it again.

As a play partner, you owe me nothing, yet you've given me something. Thanks :D

There have been some interesting comments here, thanks. And I have to say, I have no reason to doubt their sincerity. Perhaps it was just a polite gesture (I've never been a fan of Heinlein). I've always looked at sex as a team effort - it takes everyone involved to make it a fun event and everyone contributes equally. I think sex is a good example of the fundamental principle of communism - from each according to their abilities and to each according to their needs. So, I guess if she percieves a need to thank me, I have the ability to respond politely to her gesture.

In the words of Rosanna Rosanna Danna, "never mind". ;)

Words of appreciation are always welcome. In fact, if they are not forthcoming it is a real downer. One time we we were playing with a couple at a swing club and a single guy joined us. After the guy of the couple pulled out of my gal, the single guy took his place. After about 10 minutes of pounding, the single came, got up, and walked away. My gal was so furious that she wanted to go after him and do him the type harm that we should not discuss on this board!

On the other hand, one of the more memorable times was when the guy in her came, cuddled a bit afterwards, and said very sweetly, "Thank you, Princess." We remember that so well that we use it as a special reminder phrase.

So, we do not know what your problem is with someone being appreciative.

I can't say I would mind a thank you. But on the same note, I suppose I don't like to be asked... How was I ?

Like you with a thank you, that seems strange to me.

What are ya supposed to say.... A rating of some kind ?

There was actually something that was once said when taking off the cloths, that I never want to hear again:

You're not really my type, but that is no problem I really need to fuck now, so just turn around, it will not take longer then a minute anyway

A thank you is entirely appropriate in my opinion assuming it is delivered sincerely. In my experience it is usually joined with an expression of having had a good time, let's do again, etc.

I think the key here is making sure it sounds more like "Thank you for a great time" than "thank you for picking up that condom wrapper" or "thank you for doing me"

What do I not want to hear?

"Did you have a good time?" "How was I?"

I have said thanks that was fun, or thanks for a great time or even MMM that was fun

I

What do I not want to hear?

"Did you have a good time?" "How was I?"

Exactly! Or, "Oh, are you finished??

What would I love to hear: "Mmmmm.... do you have breakfast plans?" Or any kind of contented purring, I suppose.

There was actually something that was once said when taking off the cloths, that I never want to hear again:

You're not really my type, but that is no problem I really need to fuck now, so just turn around, it will not take longer then a minute anyway

WTF??? I really, REALLY hope you left him hanging!!

"Did you come?" 'Cause it's real danged obvious when I do. So if they gotta' ask . . .

As for "thank you," I think that (like anything, really) depends on how it's said. If it sounds genuine, I take it as a compliment that they enjoyed themselves.

=)

Of course I was out of the playroom faster than ever before

• Like 1

Ditto THAT! Oh, Malachista, balls that cold need to just fall off!:nono:

"Was that IT??":eek:

I guess we could have some fun with this....

"Excuse me, I really need to answer that call. It's the ringtone I have set up for my parole officer." ;)

I guess we could have some fun with this....

"Excuse me, I really need to answer that call. It's the ringtone I have set up for my parole officer." ;)

:lol:

How 'bout, "Uh, I gotta' go now. Bedcheck for the pych ward is at midnight . . ." ::P:

=)

"Wake me when you're done... you'll be the only one having fun... " :D

One of the more amusing I've had is "Thank you for the ride!". But then there is the occasional chain pulling from the wife - "you can do better than that!" :8-0::

Fart. I don't mind quief.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't laugh. I'm the kind of guy that feels so honored and grateful that a woman has given me the pleasure, that I'm more than willing to go down on her immefiately afterwards regardless of the accumulated mess.

The same thing I don't ever want to hear from a woman any other time: "Oh you have such a big cock." The fact is, I don't have a big cock. It's average size, so the likelyhood that there's any truth to a statement like that is pretty much zero for any woman who has had sex with a few different men. Having someone try to stroke my ego with bullshit is a real turnoff. I'm happy with myself as I am and really detest the idea that I'll have my ego shattered and be traumatized if my dick isn't exhalted. I know some guys like to hear that, but I've never understood why anyone would want to be told something they know is inaccurate (unless the guy is huge and it's actually true, in which case, it probably gets old.)

I've had several women say, "Thank you" while we're picking up the condom wrapper and wondering where we threw our clothes. That makes me feel strange, like maybe she thought that was a mercy fuck or something.

Yeah, that also seems a little weird. If someone had a good time, the best way to say so is to be invited back. I think people say that when they feel awkward after the hot part is over and they don't know what else to say.

I guess another thing that I would not want to hear, which might arise after a week or so is, "I'm late."

I've had several women say, "Thank you" while we're picking up the condom wrapper and wondering where we threw our clothes. That makes me feel strange, like maybe she thought that was a mercy fuck or something. I like it when they say they had a good time, and I'll say that too. But I don't feel thankful and it throws me off a little when they appear to be.

What have you heard that sounded odd to you?

I don't mind a heart-felt "thank you." And it's usually followed by, "that was awesome" or something similar. Maybe you're taking it too literally and not for the simple, trying-not-to-say-anything-creepy, positive affirmation that it was intended?

:dontknow: