lovinher

Share some swinger sites

OK well we've been on SDC for a couple of years now. We were really skeptical at first but it's been REALLY great. We were new to the whole swing thing and were afraid we would pay for a membership to a site and it would be full of fake profiles. This place is 4 real 4 sure. We just paid for a lifetime membership. AFF is another but we've not heard great things about it. We just recently (like 10 minutes ago) signed up on swinglifestyle. We'll see how that works out. We live in a small town about 25 miles south of FTW so most matches on SDC are 30-50 miles away. It seems there are quite a few more in our town on swinglifestyle. Not sure if this is because there are "fake" profiles or it's just a more popular site in this area. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge on this?

We're north of Dallas (Plano/Richardson) and SLS has plenty of folks in our area. We found a friendly group of folks near our age, down in south Dallas (Duncanville area). There are so many clubs and private parties in the metroplex that anyone can find their niche if they look. SLS groups, was the key to our success. Tiger would say, 30 to 50 miles is about par for this course.

Well SLS has a completely different format than SDC. It looks like there are quite a few people on the site but it's a bitch to navigate. We've been IM'd like 4 times but can't figure out how to accept, decline, or even see who it is. We hear the ring and it says something about IM request in the top left corner but we get no pop up. No window. Nothing. We tried this in firefox which is our default browser and in IE as well. There are a few other issues that we're trying to figure out as well. The site's UI just does not seem to be all that user friendly. Lots of unfamiliar symbols too. We're no stranger to technology but it might just take some getting used to.

. . . We've been IM'd like 4 times but can't figure out how to accept, decline, or even see who it is. We hear the ring and it says something about IM request in the top left corner but we get no pop up. No window. Nothing. . . .
A recent malfunction has occurred in the S L S Video Chat facility. Give it a few days and check again.

So is it just a video chat or is text only an option? I have not set up a cam yet. We have one but It's a PITA to set up. I guess I will if I need to but man I'm not looking forward to it. The site seems like it has plenty of members but the UI is lacking to say the least.

Text only is the option we use, you don't have to use video and we like it that way. On the very rare cases that we cam, we use YIM.

LOL Yeah, SLS doesn't win any awards for technical merit and it has more than its share of "unintended features" and annoyances, but that's ok - it's a tool. The real value is in the people, and the activities of those people. I believe if we can find the folks we enjoy spending time with, the environment just kind of takes care of itself. That applies online too, it's a virtual environment. SLS is a virtual trailer park on the wrong side of the railroad tracks, but we've met some good folks through it. It doesn't take too long to learn how to use an unfriendly tool.

That's a big part of why we never paid for membership there. Somebody is going to come along one of these days with the right functionality and GUI, and we'll follow the herd to the better location. Meanwhile, they get value from our contribution to their database, and we get value from the connections we've made - let's call it even.

FullThrottle said:
Well Swing Lifestyle has a completely different format than swingers date club. It looks like there are quite a few people on the site but it's a bitch to navigate. We've been IM'd like 4 times but can't figure out how to accept, decline, or even see who it is. We hear the ring and it says something about IM request in the top left corner but we get no pop up. No window. Nothing. We tried this in firefox which is our default browser and in IE as well. There are a few other issues that we're trying to figure out as well. The site's UI just does not seem to be all that user friendly. Lots of unfamiliar symbols too. We're no stranger to technology but it might just take some getting used to.

As far as IM'ing when some one IM's you it should flash at the top left of the screen and it will have who is IM'ing you and the words "accept or decline". All three of which are clickable. SLS gives you enough time to look at the profile of the persons IM'ing you, then you can either accept or decline. If you do nothing then it will go away in a few minutes.

Not sure if everyone has this issue our its our computers, but if you dont log out when your done it acts strange and certain features are not there. For example if I just close my browser and try to go to the log in page it still has me logged in but I cant see the left navigation bar. All I can see is the "who's on" and nothing else. So I log off before I leave the site.

I didn't know SLS had sound, interesting. What type of symbols are you having trouble with?

Full throttle, something just happend to us on SLS that is likely the same thing that you were talking about. The IM thing flashes but there is nothing to click on. It just did it to us a few minutes ago. Sounds like another SLS glitch. Never done that before....

LOL Yeah, Swing Lifestyle doesn't win any awards for technical merit and it has more than its share of "unintended features" and annoyances, but that's ok - it's a tool. The real value is in the people, and the activities of those people. I believe if we can find the folks we enjoy spending time with, the environment just kind of takes care of itself. That applies online too, it's a virtual environment. Swing Lifestyle is a virtual trailer park on the wrong side of the railroad tracks, but we've met some good folks through it. It doesn't take too long to learn how to use an unfriendly tool.

That's a big part of why we never paid for membership there. Somebody is going to come along one of these days with the right functionality and GUI, and we'll follow the herd to the better location. Meanwhile, they get value from our contribution to their database, and we get value from the connections we've made - let's call it even.

We share the same point of view. We have no problem paying for a membership. We just want to make sure we're not paying for nothing. We'll probably just do one month to see how good all the "paid membership" features are and to just get used to the site in general. It does seem to have quite a few members though. And like you said, that's what we're there for.

As far as IM'ing when some one IM's you it should flash at the top left of the screen and it will have who is IM'ing you and the words "accept or decline". All three of which are clickable. Swing Lifestyle gives you enough time to look at the profile of the persons IM'ing you, then you can either accept or decline. If you do nothing then it will go away in a few minutes.

Not sure if eveyone has this issue our its our computers, but if you dont log out when your done it acts strange and certian features are not there. For example if I just close my browser and try to go to the log in page it still has me logged in but I cant see the left navigation bar. All I can see is the "who's on" and nothing else. So I log off before I leave the site.

I didnt know Swing Lifestyle had sound, interesting. What type of symbols are you having trouble with?

Yeah it's a bit buggy for sure. Most of it is just us not being familiar with the site and it's GUI though. I'm just being a big whiny baby.:sad: Like the symbols for mild or wild. What is that all about? And the length of the bars associated with that. Why not just use accepted LS terminology? Like soft swap. Or full swap. What about the different color of the default pic. What do those mean? I'm some of it, I'm sure, is just because we are not paying members. Like even though someone sends us an email with a pic, we can't see the pic. It say's that since we are not paying members they can not verify that we're over 21 or that the pic is not sexually explicit so they just block it. Also there are other email restrictions. They monitor emails and will not send an email containing the name of any other site. Like if I put the letters "SDC" in the email it won't send. Not sure if I like the galleries thing either. But the verdict is still out. I just don't see the point. On SDC you post up your public pics and depending on what you want everyone(except non paying or "trial" members) to see. Trial members can only see the first pic. Most people that don't want their face accessible at all just don't post face pics. Like us. We email those. Then there's those that only want actual members to see face pics. Their first pic(the only one trial members can see) is not a face pic. The rest are whatever they want.

Full throttle, something just happend to us on Swing Lifestyle that is likely the same thing that you were talking about. The IM thing flashes but there is nothing to click on. It just did it to us a few minutes ago. Sounds like another Swing Lifestyle glitch. Never done that before....

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO US!!!!!! Good to know we're not just interwebz retarded. lol Well we've got a few IM requests but could not even see who it was. I hope we did not miss out on some super hot couple that lives down the street. lol:eek:

Well Swing Lifestyle has a completely different format than swingers date club. It looks like there are quite a few people on the site but it's a bitch to navigate. We've been IM'd like 4 times but can't figure out how to accept, decline, or even see who it is. We hear the ring and it says something about IM request in the top left corner but we get no pop up. No window. Nothing. We tried this in firefox which is our default browser and in IE as well. There are a few other issues that we're trying to figure out as well. The site's UI just does not seem to be all that user friendly. Lots of unfamiliar symbols too. We're no stranger to technology but it might just take some getting used to.

When I have the IM problem and I just click where it says you have the IM and click tab... it'll scroll that small corner and give you an accept/decline as well as show you who it is.

Its unfortunate but being up here in the great white north, Canada we have very limited sites in which to connect with adults who swing. One which showed very much promise was nudecrave, but the site was sold and name changed to nakedworld. Although the admins seem to have abandoned the site they have said bugs will be worked out by this week. Percentage wise it has the largest amount of couples who swing from the province of Ontario, we have met some great couples from there, and have had our greatest success from this site in finding like minded couples. You should drop by and give it a look, and if you are coming up to Toronto it can be very useful as the events section gives updated information on clubs and events.

The new owners of the site seem to be trying to target world wide swingers and Americans are now slowly finding their way there, If you stop by nakedworld.com look us up and say hello..

My problem with nudecrave was that every profile picture seemed to be a penis. I deleted our account because it was creeping me out, and haven't been back since the ownership changed. (looked at AFF the other day and had the same reaction- eeew). We've had the most success with SLS and Ontario Couples. Cafe Desire less so.

After pretty extensive looking, we've found the sites that have the meaningful numbers of Dallas/Ft. Worth people (which is, after all, where we are!):

• swingers date club - Large D/FW population. Huge Florida representation as well
  • Swing Lifestyle - pretty large DFW population as well. May have other other concentrations of people, but they haven't jumped out at us
  • Swingular has some people from DFW, but tends to be more focused on Utah and the surrounding area.
  • Kasidie a new site based in Las Vegas, so in addition to their focus there, DFW is well represented
  • C4P looks to be very well established site for central states... OK, CO, KS, MO, AR, etc. A little DFW presence, but mostly seems to be filled with people from Wichita Falls and further north.

BTW, we agree with most of the comments about Swing Lifestyle. Its forums & message board are a joke. After many years, we still haven't figured out how the groups thing decides to flag when there are new postings to the group... seems completely random. We did manage to use the chat a time or two, but recall it being non-institutive (like much of the rest of the site). And have it disabled currently. Cari sure loves the stories though!!

My problem with nudecrave was that every profile picture seemed to be a penis. I deleted our account because it was creeping me out, and haven't been back since the ownership changed. (looked at AFF the other day and had the same reaction- eeew). We've had the most success with Swing Lifestyle and Ontario Couples. Cafe Desire less so.

Yes nakedworld (nudecrave) does have an awful lot of penis pics about, but we have had some success in meeting couples there. The admins have just posted that changes are coming dec 19 although that will do little to stem the tide of penis's. We have a profile at ontario couples but we do not understand the whole key aspect and the site is diffulcult to navigate. Another for the tri-city area fourcities and we have had success there meeting some wonderful couples but the site seems in limbo with no owners about. Thank you for your advice and perhaps our paths will cross one day.

. . . We've been IM'd like 4 times but can't figure out how to accept, decline, or even see who it is. We hear the ring and it says something about IM request in the top left corner but we get no pop up. No window. Nothing. . .
An update: Looks like the instant messaging facility st SLS is working once again. Evidence: I received a call this morning and when I clicked on the word "Accept" the new window appeared, as expected, for the chat. Just thought you would want to know.

We're in KC and have had far better luck with (and prefer the functionality of) C4P over Swing Lifestyle for our area. A previous poster was correct - it seems to be strong with the central states, particularly OK, AR, KS, and MO.

My problem with nudecrave was that every profile picture seemed to be a penis. I deleted our account because it was creeping me out, and haven't been back since the ownership changed. (looked at AFF the other day and had the same reaction- eeew). We've had the most success with Swing Lifestyle and Ontario Couples. Cafe Desire less so.

LOL! I almost spit out my coffee!

Why do guys do that? I honestly could care less about the penis. When a "spark" occurs from across a crowded room.. it's not because I can see or imagine his penis :D

Even in the heat of passion .. at least for me it's not about the penis.

I guess what I'm saying is no penis pictures before face pictures please LOL!

We are always looking for good swingers resource sites. Places that provide good information on the lifestyle. So in no particular order we would say:

a. swingersboard.com ( Yes we really do consider this to be a great resource! )

b. couplesclick.tv ( still needs some work but great info )

c. Kasidie ( We love their magazine area )

As far as the dating sites each has their good and bad points. So we keep trying them all LOL!