What things are you sick and tired of seeing in profiles. Things that seem over-used or unnecessary but it seems like everyone uses them....

A couple that have come up on here recently....

No Drama! Did I mention No Drama!

No Single Men! (ya know you can just block them right?)

- "we are picky" - Yeah and show me someone who doesnt think they are.

- "we like to get to know people first" - Ok, my name is Bob, I work at the used car dealership and make $55,000 a year. I have a wife and two kids and a dog. In my spare time I collect rare coins and like puppies, golf and walks on the beach. I am a republican and a member of the Methodist church and I volunteer for the Jaycees. Now that you know me LETS FUCK!

- "We are not here looking for just sex" - Well we are so either get naked or lets finish this conversation at the next PTA meeting.

-"we don't play games"- We do, we like adult Truth or Dare, Spin the Bottle, Titilation, Strip Poker etc etc you should try them sometime, they are great icebreakers and a great way to get people naked.

- "we are looking for friends in and out of the bedroom" - why do you think you would find friends in your bedroom? We are at the swingers party to have sex with other swingers. We'll play golf and go fishing with our friends but they aren't coming into our bedroom.

- " we aren't looking to replace our current partner"- Well thank God for that! cause if you wouldn't want them I sure as hell wouldn't either.

- "we are easy going and laid back"- That is like a Miss America contestant saying she wants to help the crippled children and world peace. if you are going to use bandwidth say something that means something.

"we are looking for friends first" - Fair enough, next time you are out shopping or fishing with your friends ask then if they want to fuck and see what their reaction is. Now don't get so suprised at my reaction if you ask me to go fishing with you when we meet at a swinger party.

- "we don't want any drama" - We have something in common, I don't want any hurt feelings, jealousy, heartache or chaos either. Here's the cure, get over the friendship thing and decide how much you really need to know about someone before you get naked with them. Drama comes from relationships or the pursuit of relationships. No strings casual sex never hurt a soul.

Those are a few of what i could come up with off the top of my head. I'll think of a few more here shortly.

• Like 4

:lol: iapr, do you have an opinion about this?

"we don't like endless emailing" We had one that Dog was out of her age preference and they kept emailing back with appologies. :wtf:

"we are looking for fit people just like us" OK what is your definiton of fit? Dog and I train 5-6 days a week....HARD!! If we were looking for "fit people just like us" we would be very lonely.

"young attractive couple looking for same" Dog and I are pretty good looking, and our health ages are 21 for Dog and 16 for me. So really physically we are much younger then most. As for attractive, I like big strong men with hairy chests. Do you find that attractive? maybe not.:dontknow:

Your friend,

Prettylady:kissface:

- "we are picky" - Yeah and show me someone who doesnt think they are.

- "we like to get to know people first" - Ok, my name is Bob, I work at the used car dealership and make $55,000 a year. I have a wife and two kids and a dog. In my spare time I collect rare coins and like puppies, golf and walks on the beach. I am a republican and a member of the Methodist church and I volunteer for the Jaycees. Now that you know me LETS FUCK!

- "We are not here looking for just sex" - Well we are so either get naked or lets finish this conversation at the next PTA meeting.

-"we don't play games"- We do, we like adult Truth or Dare, Spin the Bottle, Titilation, Strip Poker etc etc you should try them sometime, they are great icebreakers and a great way to get people naked.

- "we are looking for friends in and out of the bedroom" - why do you think you would find friends in your bedroom? We are at the swingers party to have sex with other swingers. We'll play golf and go fishing with our friends but they aren't coming into our bedroom.

- " we aren't looking to replace our current partner"- Well thank God for that! cause if you wouldn't want them I sure as hell wouldn't either.

- "we are easy going and laid back"- That is like a Miss America contestant saying she wants to help the crippled children and world peace. if you are going to use bandwidth say something that means something.

"we are looking for friends first" - Fair enough, next time you are out shopping or fishing with your friends ask then if they want to fuck and see what their reaction is. Now don't get so suprised at my reaction if you ask me to go fishing with you when we meet at a swinger party.

- "we don't want any drama" - We have something in common, I don't want any hurt feelings, jealousy, heartache or chaos either. Here's the cure, get over the friendship thing and decide how much you really need to know about someone before you get naked with them. Drama comes from relationships or the pursuit of relationships. No strings casual sex never hurt a soul.

Those are a few of what i could come up with off the top of my head. I'll think of a few more here shortly.

:lol: Can we put your thoughts here, in our profile as things we are not looking for ? :lol:

We are an old, out of shape, high strung couple looking for other couples who are not like us. We enjoy playing games of every kind unless they involve fitness. We are not fit and request that you not be either. We enjoy jumping into bed with total strangers. If we know your name that's probably too much information. Obviously, we are not picky. We aren't too happy with each other so if along the way we could find new partners we'd both be better off. If we must get to know you, we prefer to do so through endless emails and online chat. In which case, we will know you too well to have any desire to have sex with you, so it will never happen anyway. If you think the fit the bill and can bring some drama into our lives, please contact us. Single Males Welcome!

:D

• Like 1

We are an old, out of shape, high strung couple looking for other couples who are not like us. We enjoy playing games of every kind unless they involve fitness. We are not fit and request that you not be either. We enjoy jumping into bed with total strangers. If we know your name that's probably too much information. Obviously, we are not picky. We aren't too happy with each other so if along the way we could find new partners we'd both be better off. If we must get to know you, we prefer to do so through endless emails and online chat. In which case, we will know you too well to have any desire to have sex with you, so it will never happen anyway. If you think the fit the bill and can bring some drama into our lives, please contact us. Single Males Welcome!

OMG that was great!!!

The sad thing is if you actually put that up on a profile or a personals board you probably would have a full mailbox by the next morning.

:lol: Can we put your thoughts here, in our profile as things we are not looking for ? :lol:

I'm not completely following you here. Are you refering to my quotes or to my responses?

Must be d/d free. OK granted, none of us want an STD, but does anyone really think that someone is going to say, "oh well, lets pass on them and find somebody who is Gonnereah-curious (how the hell do you spell that?)

Also, chances are pretty good that I can spot a crack-head or heroin addict and steer clear. Otherwise, I couldn't care less what you do on your own time. If you smoke dope at home, fine. Have another twinkie. It really doesn't affect me unless you have it on you and are going to get me busted.

I just don't see how saying that in a profile would actually discourage anyone. All it does is make me suspicious of why that would not go without saying for you. Now if we had a swinging-related accident, like a broken dick or something, then I think you would need a drug test for insurance purposes :lol:

We are professionals.

Professional what?

I'm a stickler and an incurable literalist. When I read "We are professional swingers", what come into my mind is that the advertiser draws his or her source of income from being a swinger. I have always wondered how that might be.

I'm a stickler and an incurable literalist. When I read "We are professional swingers", what come into my mind is that the advertiser draws his or her source of income from being a swinger. I have always wondered how that might be.

I was trying to refer to people who consider their careers "professional". What does that mean to others? Education level? Pay level? Prestige? Who cares?

Must be d/d free. OK granted, none of us want an STD, but does anyone really think that someone is going to say, "oh well, lets pass on them and find somebody who is Gonnereah-curious (how the hell do you spell that?)

:lol::kissface:

I was trying to refer to people who consider their careers "professional". What does that mean to others? Education level? Pay level? Prestige? Who cares?

Exactly. There are professional burger flippers. Are they any less of a professional in their careers as a CPA is? I don't think so.

I think we actually have "professionals" in our profile -- sigh. I'm gonna have to rethink what is was trying to say and reword it.

:o

Well from what we are reading here in this forum,I would guess none of us have much to put in a profile.We would agree that something's are pretty dumb in a profile.Not unless you went into detail as to every word you wrote down,and explained what you ment.

Besides the no drama and no single males (altho at one point we did mention not wanting to cause drama with single playmates...or more specifically if they were trying to step out on their partners, we didn't want to be in the middle of it)....

....I do get a chuckle out of the professional/discretion theme. When you say professional, are you referring to the fact you went to college and have a degree? I think that across the board most folks want their partners to be discreet...at the very least not talk about them with other swing couples (ie: see them? when we got together...what, they didn't do that with y'all?) at the most extreme to not be outed to the vanilla community...that is a very personal choice to make.

Altho, Jeff and I did have a discussion about the phrase 'like minded people' this morning (and yes, it's in our profile :lol:). I do think it's a tad cliche, as generally speaking we're here for the same reason. But we are looking for like minded folks that we can just relax with and chat at a party with as well as go have some naked time.

There are those who use the term professional to mean that they expect to get paid for their services.... but I do think most who use that in their profile are referring to themselves as "white collar" basically. "we get paid to sit at a desk all day".

We are real, U B 2 ?

"Scuse ME?" LoL
realcplub2~

We all feel a bit exposed here. :lol:

Like Minded

Taylor74~

Please don't hold it against me. :D

LM

"Scuse ME?" LoL

Nothing meant other than we see that allot in our local area :o .

We are real 2 , you can pinch us if you'd like ;):cool:

Looking To Meet Tonight, (insert some random date that has already passed here)!

Hmm... Thanks for the reminder. We hadn't updated since this weekend where we had the club we were planning to be at on 3/15 in our tag line.

Hmm... Thanks for the reminder. We hadn't updated since this weekend where we had the club we were planning to be at on 3/15 in our tag line.

:lol:

We've actually done the same thing in regards to putting a club date in our tag line.

OMG.... This just makes me want to go in and re-write our WHOLE profile. :o

"We look and act much younger than we really are." For those on the upper end of the age range.

"We are very mature for our age." For those at the bottom end of the age range.

Come on who are you fooling? :lol:

"stimulus package" is quickly climbing the list. I have a feeling that term is going to make the list this year of terms that need to die (I forget who puts that list out), as it's everywhere, even on swinger profiles. It seems like 1 in 5 of every profile I see has something to do with stimulus package in their tag line.

"Bi-curious" female looking for either:

"experienced female/s to teach her the ropes" or

"let's learn together" (with our guys watching).

No thanks!

:) Trixie

"Bi-curious" female looking for either:

"experienced female/s to teach her the ropes" or

"let's learn together" (with our guys watching).

No thanks!

:) Trixie

:ditto:

"We are very mature for our age." For those at the bottom end of the age range.

Come on who are you fooling? :lol:

We don't use that line, but we definately fit the description. Mrs P is usually thought to be late 20's, me early 30's when conversing... even though we're late teens/early 20's...

Must be d/d free. OK granted, none of us want an STD, but does anyone really think that someone is going to say, "oh well, lets pass on them and find somebody who is Gonnereah-curious (how the hell do you spell that?

I have seen one lady on the Aussie dating site that advertises she has herpies, and will only play with people who are diagnosed with herpies.

"stimulus package" is quickly climbing the list. I have a feeling that term is going to make the list this year of terms that need to die (I forget who puts that list out), as it's everywhere, even on swinger profiles. It seems like 1 in 5 of every profile I see has something to do with stimulus package in their tag line.

Um... GUILTY! :blush:

While it is indeed heavily used, D/D Free is not necessarily without relavence. People in Law Enforcement, Corrections, certain National Security fields would have a greater than usual interest in this regard. And those who who are more free spirited in their outlook with recreational substances could benefit from the heads up also.

Also while few people would knowingly spread penicillian resistant ghoneria, or Hep C, there are tens of millions of people with Herpes out there, and all of them are probably not celebate, or lifetime monogamas so that is potentally an area for discussion also.

We're not Ken & Barbie!

It always amused me that my very first swing experience was with an anonymous couple near my home who went by "Ken and Becky". :D

I think "professional" is supposed to mean "has a license to do one's job" - commonly used in reference to doctors and lawyers. Mrs. SIPS is an RN and I am a teacher, so we are "professionals" too. Heck, I was a "professional" when I was a bike messenger - had a license and everything!

Now it does indeed mean "white collar" - I get annoyed by "We're both professionals and so we need the utmost discretion." Everyone needs discretion and sitting at a desk all day does not make you need it more!

I agree with all of the above, and as I've mentioned before, I get tired of the overuse of words like sensual, desire, erotic, decadent, fantasy..."Come indulge your most erotic fantasy of sensual desire."

I consider these overused if I see it even once...just fyi

Profiles that say 'Taking a break', yet every time their profile pops up they are on-line.:confused:

Profiles that have no pics, no certs, and are obviously written by the guy and end with 'Male can play alone'. :nono:

'Hot Couple looking for Same' We just spent a day at the beach, are both crispy critters, does that count? :D

'We are a full swap couple' A paragraph later - 'We do not Kiss' :surrend:

Mr. Omg

Quickly logs on to Swing Lifestyle, quickly scans profile- phew! Not a single one of "the phrases" :danceban:

Dont feel bad, its the only time I do check our profile :hahaha:

Dont feel bad, its the only time I do check our profile :hahaha:

Me, too. Though I'm still keeping, "He's really a laid-back kinda' guy . . ." AND the bit about D/D free. The former is such an apt description of Mr. Sweet. And while the latter should go without saying . . . it doesn't always. Better safe than sorry and all that.

I have, however, taken other overused terms out . ..

=)

Me, too. Though I'm still keeping, "He's really a laid-back kinda' guy . . ." AND the bit about D/D free. The former is such an apt description of Mr. Sweet. And while the latter should go without saying . . . it doesn't always. Better safe than sorry and all that.

I have, however, taken other overused terms out . ..

=)

Baby......I just want to get laid........but yeah laid back works, it kinda goes when your boss has a picture of you passed out drunk on her bulletin board (at least I'm not alone....my best friends husband is asleep beside me).

OK, there is a lot of comic relief in this thread, but now I feel like I need to rewrite our whole profile. Problem is... now I'm gun shy, what *DO* I write that people want to read??

OK, there is a lot of comic relief in this thread, but now I feel like I need to rewrite our whole profile. Problem is... now I'm gun shy, what *DO* I write that people want to read??

Had to perv yours after reading this :D

Your SLS profile is fine :cool:

Dammit JustAskJulie: You got my hopes up there for a second. I thought I'd found the ONE. Thanks for the laugh.:lol: