havefuninsun

Why I like SLS better than AFF

We've had a paid membership to SLS and a free membership on AFF. Just to shake things up a bit, we've been toying with the idea of letting the SLS go free and paying for the AFF (the cheap, er., frugal part of me only allows for one paid membership at a time). I've looked at swappernet, but it doesn't appear to be a good source to meet folks in our area (any other Virginians are welcome to correct me if that is not the case).

I must say, though, I enjoy browsing the ads on SLS MUCH better. Somehow, doing a search on AFF and seeing 25 hard-ons just isn't that attractive to me. I kinda LIKE that SLS doesn't allow those pics right up front and in your face.

I know what a penis looks like. I know what a pussy looks like. Those pictures are not going to make me want to open a profile and read about you.

There is a lot of cross-pollination of profiles on both sites, but I suppose there are some different folks, too (maybe they have a frugal spouse, too ... LOL).

What do you guys think? AND, other comments on other sites that are not the top ones are also appreciated ...

I agree with you. We completely pulled down our profile on AFF. Paid for both for a while, but I just get the vibe that AFF is for people just trying to get random ass, while SLS seems to be more actual "swingers".

Now as for Virginia, we moved here to Texas from Virginia (Southwest part near Roanoke). There are a bunch of SLS profiles there, but very hard to find any with pictures. Bible-belt paranoia I guess. We have a free profile on SDC, and it is OK. Not had nearly as much luck with it as SLS, but we keep it because we are going to do some traveling soon, and they incorporate travel into their site much better than SLS does in my opinion. But if you want straight-up couple to meet, I haven't found any better than SLS. That's why it is the only one we pay for.

We went on AFF looking for single male. All we received were responses with pictures of guys schlongs. I've seen them before.....duh! If I want pics I want a little more of whole body. I love a guys abs. All of the responses were bullshit and we took a chance on two, only to be stood up.

As for Mr. O, I think he only likes seeing...........well anything a women will show.:lol:

We have membership on sls and couple's touch. SLS is our "main" site. CT is okay but mostly explicit pics. We do enjoy sls and have met alot of people on there.

We maintain paid membership at both. The proportion of foolishness is much greater at AFF but we have met real people there -- people who do not have a profile at SLS. Membership costs no more than dinner for two at a moderately priced restaurant so we deem it worthwile. So as not to provide entertainment to the perverts, we keep only G-rated pictures at AFF.

We definitely prefer SLS. I have looked at Swappernet, but I don't think we ever signed up. I put up a membership on SDC but never uploaded any pictures. Basically my impression is the same as yours... of course we live in the same area :). We've been very happy with SLS. We meet people through there or at parties or meet-n-greets.

We don't have a profile on AFF. I guess I checked it out and have heard there's too many fakes and close up pics. I'm a nurse. I see genitals every day. Sexy is far more than genitals and we're lucky to have 2 days a month to play, no time to waste on any potential fakes.

SLS has been great for us. The cost is very reasonable with no fakes (or we weeded them out very quickly) and great results. One couple we played with didn't end up being a great match for continued play (sometimes you just don't know those personality idiosyncrasies until a play session or two), but they were still a nice couple and we had a great time. Another couple was just amazing and we hope to definitely play again. We have more waiting in the wings when we have free time to play again.

Swappernet I'm less than happy about. The cost for one month is the same as three months for SLS and SLS gives a lot to free members so you can try things out for awhile. We registered on Swappernet and had three free trial days a few months back and now can't do anything (including see our mail or even to delete our profile) without paying. It makes us look bad like we're not responding to people. :mad:

we prefer SLS for all the reasons that have been mentioned above but it seems like we're getting a hell of a lot more action off of AFF lately. the only thing about AFF that i like is that sometimes, when i'm feel particularly raunchy, it's fun to look through some of the sex pics. i mean, say what you want but boobies are boobies and i love them all :lol:

btw, did you know that you can download people's pics off of their AFF site? so, be careful what you put up if you don't want someone left clicking on it. you can't download pics on SLS.

We're on both SSL and AFF. In our area, AFF has a LOT more people. Probably a lot more flakes and fakes too. We also get tired of the tool pics, but just pass them by. We've met more real people than we have time to play with, most of whom have come from AFF. These are guesstimates, but close: for every 3-5 people that contact us through SLS, we usually get at least a meeting; for every 10-15 people that conatact us through AFF, we usually at least get a meeting. Something like that.

WE've had paid memberships at both but, we only have a paid one at SLS right now. We've met real people and playmates on both sites. The more explicit pics on AFF aren't a turn on for me either. Thinking on this now, I'll have to say that the people we choose to met and play with weren't ones that had those as there primary or public pictures.

Vol

We've had memberships on SLS and Swappernet, and found both very lacking. I don't believe we ever met anyone from those sites, but some of our friends who are also on AFF had second profiles on those two. In our area, virtually all of the SLS profiles have no pictures, and very little to say about themselves.

Our first AFF profile was a "spare" one, and free. We didn't care for AFF at the time. Having come back to it much later, we went for the gold membership and dumped the others. AFF has been our only site for a year. We've had great success on AFF as paying members. The free members (where the fakes and wankers are) can't even write to us. There are many couples in our area on AFF with great pictures and great profiles. Our "regular" friends are on there, and all of the new friends we've made in the last year have paid AFF profiles, too. We've met some wonderful, sexy, fun people on AFF (and very real).

Perhaps it's a regional thing, but AFF can be great. Maybe it depends on what is popular where you are.

We are members on three different sites.

Love Voodo - Nice site, but the site is slow for us, and I don't know why. The membership is very "Mid Atlantic" with a scattering or people nationwide. We will be dropping LVD when our paid up subscription expires.

Adult Playground - A good site. This is also a "Mid Atlantic" site with a scattering of people nationwide. We will keep this one for now.

Swing Lifestyle - A good site. We went ahead and got a life membership for this site. Everyone that we found on the other two sites are also on SLS. You have to weed out the free memberships, but even doing that there seem to be plenty of members nationwide.

I just registered on AFF to check it out again. I looked at it years ago, but didn't like what I saw. Maybe it is a personal preference thing. But once my account gets validated I will look around and see what I think.

We've met nice couples on both sites. We like SLS better because of the Events section.

We've gotten more invitations to parties on SLS.

100 % sls

our only regrets, that will be corrected in january when our membership is due. is that we should have just become lifetime members last year:o.

See, I got to tell you we have the paid site with Swappernet, but free with SLS and AFF. One time I paid one month for all three and of the three we prefer Swappernet. AFF is okay, but can't tell who is real and who isn't. SLS will stay free as well as AFF, but Swappernet we know folks who we've partied with we keep in touch mainly with Swappernet.

Funny story about AFF. We visited this bar for Halloween just this past weekend and found they had an Ohio group that was part AFF and we're like, "where are you guys at, we couldn't find you on AFF." Too many groups and fourms to keep up with.

Mulder

(MulderNScully)

New low, even for AFF. Web site now features a computer-animated girl on their sign-in page. Love Voodoo should hire a proof reader. Received a broadcast e-mail featuring a "Holyday" special.

We started on SLS a long time ago and the lifetime membership was reasonable. AFF was just too expensive. But AFF membership also includes the Nudist and several other Finders. But we are just free there. If they ever get real with a reasonable lifetime deal I'll think about it.

AFF was the first place we ever placed a profile, then we joined Swappernet, then SLS and finally Swingular. We had our AFF profile for about a year, then we became a "free member", then we finally removed it altogether.

We found several things about AFF:

• Many of the profiles were fake - placed there by the website owners to attract more paid memberships. This was especially true of the bi-sexual single females.
  • "Single" guys were overly represented, and most of them "free members".
  • There was too much intermingling between singles looking for singles and swingers. AFF is trying to be everything to everybody.

We still have our memberships to SLS, Swappernet and Swingular though. And you are right, even in these sites there is allot of "cross pollination" as you call it.

Mr. WS