Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sunny...For Your Pleasure sunbuckus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Couple - She posts mostly

Default Gardasil Possible Reason for Premature Ovarian Failure?

This morning, on my Facebook feed was a link that a young teenage woman was experiencing premature ovarian failure (early menopause) that may be caused by being vaccinated by Gardasil, the HPV vaccine. They (I assume the ones who wrote the article) are now accusing Merck & Co. of forgetting to research the effects of the vaccine on women's reproductive systems.

I'm not really sure if I believe this or not. It's only one case, as far as I know and that hardly shows anything. You have to actually buy the article on the British Medical Journal site if you want to see what was really written.
    Let us be your playground!

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Couple

Default Re: Gardasil Possible Reason for Premature Ovarian Failure?

Ergh! naturalnews.com

If you cite NaturalNews on any matter whatsoever, you are almost certainly wrong.

Source: NaturalNews - RationalWiki

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Tired

Vaccine + Natural news = complete failure of intelligence and rational thought.

I read that site once and I wanted to find the editors and authors and punch them for that crap.

Sunny...For Your Pleasure sunbuckus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Couple - She posts mostly

Quote Originally Posted by a_d_xxx View Post
    Ergh! naturalnews.com

If you cite NaturalNews on any matter whatsoever, you are almost certainly wrong.

Source: NaturalNews - RationalWiki
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicup View Post
    Vaccine + Natural news = complete failure of intelligence and rational thought.

I read that site once and I wanted to find the editors and authors and punch them for that crap.
    To be fair, the person who posted the link lead to a different website but it was more politically slanted so I just grabbed the next one in line. I didn't want to get in trouble by posting a link that lead to a political-based website. Turns out I still got in trouble!

Here's a different type of article (coincidentally from a different person on my Facebook newsfeed) that doubts the effectiveness of the vaccine in terms of not providing lasting protection and causing death in some recipients.
    Let us be your playground!

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Couple

Consensus is that Gardisil is safe. This is a view held by the vast majority of public health organizations including the CDC and Health Canada. Could they be wrong? Yes, certainly, it's happened in the before, and if they change their recommendations, I will listen. But Gardisil and HPV are so politically charged I'm willing to accept their word over an number of lone wolfs on the internet.

As a lay person, it is impossible for me to test the drugs myself or even analyze all the accepted tests. Trusting the consensus of the monitoring health organizations is my only option. An option I am generally happy to accept. The only other path available is a downward spiral into nonsense and woo.

Ultimately, I do not believe that Google is a replacement for the domain knowledge held by the medical community.

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Tired

Quote Originally Posted by sunbuckus View Post
    To be fair, the person who posted the link lead to a different website but it was more politically slanted so I just grabbed the next one in line. I didn't want to get in trouble by posting a link that lead to a political-based website. Turns out I still got in trouble!

Here's a different type of article (coincidentally from a different person on my Facebook newsfeed) that doubts the effectiveness of the vaccine in terms of not providing lasting protection and causing death in some recipients.
    Basically its not a safety issue but a long term effectiveness issue, and the problem is we don't know long term data yet and if you need to be vaccinated.

I also have a friend who is a doctor who claims that vaccinations are why his daughter has autism. Knowing him personally he himself has a lot of autistic characteristics, but hey it musta been the vaccine.

When you have anecdotal evidence vrs 1000s of samples, the question is, was the adverse reaction directly related to the HVP vaccine, or was something else at fault, a preexisting condition, a contaminated injection, or just plain old coincidence. To make my point,
    Those are the reported side effects of aspirin.

As a swinger, my wife got herself vaccinated. As a father I'm going to recommend it for my daughter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Couple

FWIW, we've both been vaccinated, our eldest daughter has, and our youngest will receive the shots this year. If we had sons, we would be vaccinating them as well.

Afficiando of the Board Lascivious L&L's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    DandJforplay

Default Vacination have already reduced the incidence of HPV

Here in the US where the vaccination rate is about 40%, new HPV incidence has fallen dramatically lately, around 50%. In Australia where the vaccination rate is closer to 80%, the reduction is better. Vaccination has a tipping point, where if enough of the population is vaccinated, even those who aren't become protected since the reservoir of the virus becomes small enough to no longer be self sustaining.

Swingers Board Guide funcoupledayton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    m. female

I looked into this, because I recently wrote an article about HPV on my group and got a similar question from a member. They were citing a website that said Japan was no longer endorsing gardisil. It seems the only places really reporting this are anti-vaccination (of any type) sites. There are no sources or links to research. Neutral sites report that the cause for Japanese withdraw was general side effects, many of which are minor.

Compared to many other vaccines, which are also important for public and individual health, the safety profile of Gardasil is very good.

Here is information about the safety and how it was tested and continues to be monitored:
    CDC - HPV Vaccine Safety - Vaccine SafetyGardasil

Here is a study from Australia directly addressing and explaining the fertility issue:
    https://ama.com.au/ausmed/no-link-be...nfertility-tga

I was vaccinated and will have my sons vaccinated. I don't have girls, but I would definitely do it for them if I did.
    Go TeamFun! Visit Life on the Swingset to read my articles: http://www.lifeontheswingset.com/author/teamfun/

Swingers Board Addict
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Couple

Quote Originally Posted by Chicup View Post

I also have a friend who is a doctor who claims that vaccinations are why his daughter has autism. Knowing him personally he himself has a lot of autistic characteristics, but hey it musta been the vaccine.
    If I found out my doctor believed that, I would drop him so fast, it wouldn't be funny. It's one thing for the average idiot out there to believe it, but not for someone that people depend on for medical advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Tired

Quote Originally Posted by IEcouple View Post
    If I found out my doctor believed that, I would drop him so fast, it wouldn't be funny. It's one thing for the average idiot out there to believe it, but not for someone that people depend on for medical advice.
    Luckily his specialty has no overlap with vaccinations.

Swingers Board Addict
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Couple

What difference would that make? A doctor who believes and propagates medical advice that has been scientifically proven to be untrue isn't someone I would go to. I might even go so far as to say that he should have his license revoked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Tired

Quote Originally Posted by IEcouple View Post
    What difference would that make? A doctor who believes and propagates medical advice that has been scientifically proven to be untrue isn't someone I would go to. I might even go so far as to say that he should have his license revoked.
    Can't be done for a number of reasons. For example you can find two good doctors giving radically different opinions on treatment. Once you get into it, you can't have review boards acting like thought police. If you are not harming YOUR patients, thats all they can really monitor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Coupled, but not swinging at present

I found this to be an interesting article
    There's time for sleep when you're dead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Couple

Last edited by a_d_xxx; 08-24-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast