Under what circumstances do you use condoms with others?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Under what circumstances do you use condoms with others?

• Oral Sex
    • Penetration Sex
    • Both Oral and Penetration
    • Neither...we don't use them

Excuse me if this has already been discussed to death, but reading the poll about reasons NOT to use condoms got me thinking about further statistics on condom use. As you may know, Hubby and I are very new at this...so new, we have not engaged in any sexual activity with other people. However, we have talked A LOT about the possibility of engaging soft/hard play with a single male or female, or potentially down the road with a couple. In our discussions, we have discussed whether we will demand the use of condoms, but at this time we're still unsure.

My question to those of you that use condoms, do you use them for oral, penetration, both, or not at all and what is your reason as to why you chose to use/not use them in that way? I'm asking because I know STD's can be passed both orally and through penetration, but it appears from that previous poll, that there are swingers out there (couples and singles) that use a condom for penetration, but not for oral. I would just really like to hear the reason's why in hopes to help us make our decision.

Thank you for taking time to respond and again, please forgive me if this has been discussed to death already.

I can give the reasons why we don't use condoms or dental dams for oral - they taste like ****!!! Yes I do know that we are taking a risk doing this and once again to each their own. We have been swingers for more than 20 years and we have never had a std/sti and we have always played this way. There is also the lack of feeling when using a condom, it just doesn't work for me with oral and the Mrs. says the same about a dental dam.

K&L

Thanks so much for you honesty and opinion. 20 years certainly does speak well and makes me wonder if I'm just being paranoid before we even start. :rollseye:

We never use condoms for oral sex. Chances of getting STD through oral contact are much smaller, especially if you don't swallow. The mouth has a lot more protection than the pussy or ass. They are like a perfect place for bugs to multiply and grow. I even was surprised recently by reading some information on oral gonorrhea when I had my strep throat recently. It says that oral gonorrhea can be eliminated by the body on it's own without medications. Good luck to wait and see to go it away on its own when you get in your vagina.

There are lots of digestive enzymes in a mouth and overall oral protection is much stronger unless you have a compromised immune system or open sores in your mouth. I don't floss either when I know I will be playing with a new partner.

Vaginal or anal penetration we always use condoms.

The biggest risks in my opinion HIV and pregnancy. Unless you have cuts in your mouth or are immunocompromised oral sex is very low risk.

Wow, thanks again for the comments and advice. This is really some great thinking and discussion material for us. :)

We usually use condoms for both these days, especially if we don't know the people well. With friends that we have known and met before and who we trust, we don't use them. You have to be careful.

We never use condoms for oral sex. Chances of getting STD through oral contact are much smaller, especially if you don't swallow. The mouth has a lot more protection than the pussy or ass. They are like a perfect place for bugs to multiply and grow. I even was surprised recently by reading some information on oral gonorrhea when I had my strep throat recently. It says that oral gonorrhea can be eliminated by the body on it's own without medications. Good luck to wait and see to go it away on its own when you get in your vagina.

There are lots of digestive enzymes in a mouth and overall oral protection is much stronger unless you have a compromised immune system or open sores in your mouth. I don't floss either when I know I will be playing with a new partner.

Vaginal or anal penetration we always use condoms.

Did anybody already comment about the "superbug" untreatable version of Gonorrhea that's on the loose now? If you get it, period, it can't be treated, period. Too strong a strain. Since I heard of it I'm a bit more paranoid about oral without condoms.

So based on the new strain - and the fact that it can't be treated to totally get rid of it - I'm scared to have oral again without condoms.

From what I've found there is one case in Japan of a sex worker with an antibiotic resistant strain of gonorrhea recently reported at a sex disease conference in Quebec in July. This has been expected for a long time by the medical community. Antibiotic resistance is rising in many diseases due to the ubiquitous use of antibiotics in everything from hand cremes to dairy feeds. Use of antibiotics is a way to breed resistant bacteria.

Research into new methods or new antibiotics is not high priority due to the low profits envisioned by manufacturers. This is yet another case where private industry is not more efficient than publicly funded research.

That sounds like the Superbug untreatable version I heard of. I was thinking of only going to oral sex with a condom anyway.I heard of a flavor blocker called Masque but it sounds like a big part of the blocking is menthol taste and

I'm thinking safer oral sex with better tasting condoms would taste better than some flavor mixed with menthol to block the semen taste. If anybody has tried the flavor blocker I'd like to know how it was.It sounds kind of expensive-especially if you wanted frequent oral sex. (It's supposed to block semen taste up to 10 minutes.)

The only time I use condoms for giving oral is if he wants to put one on, which is very rarely. I've probably given oral to at least 2000 men in my time and maybe maximum 100 of them was with a condom for oral. I really hate the taste of the rubber. As long as your gums are healthy, take notice of the skin on and around his dick/groin for any weird looking skin appearance (so I never give oral to men with a bush of pubes), swallow or spit his cum ASAP, then there's really no need to worry..., I think there's more chance of winning the big lottery jackpot, twice!, than catching something seriously horrible.

Penetrative sex with a stranger maybe 9 times out of 10 I've used condoms. With anyone else such as a friend then usually without condoms.

All STDs are bad, but for us there is only 1 we're really afraid of : HIV. We checked around and most studies say:

- Oral sex, no problem as long there is no ejaculation in the mouth

- penetration: always use a condom

So we do not use condoms for oral sex, but ask men not to come is Ms BC her mouth, for vaginal or anal (which we rarely do) we always use condoms (*).

(*) except for one couple we trust for 100%, and who also swings the way we do in terms of condom use...

Other STD's, well that is a risk we take as most of them are easily treatable (we're both vaccinated for Hep A/B)

We're in FL also and open for same room sex with your partner only and/or friends to go to swingers club as newbies... :)

We've talked and decided that because of STD concerns, actual swapping isn't for us. :(

Did anybody already comment about the "superbug" untreatable version of Gonorrhea that's on the loose now?

To clarify, the antibiotic resistant strain of Gonorrhea is not untreatable, it is just resistant to oral antibiotics making treatment more difficult. This is not diminish its concern, antibiotic resistance is a scary thing, and shouldn't be taken lightly, and we may hit a point where there are strains of Gonorrhea that are untreatable, but that time is not now.

D

The only time I use condoms for giving oral is if he wants to put one on, which is very rarely. I've probably given oral to at least 2000 men in my time and maybe maximum 100 of them was with a condom for oral. I really hate the taste of the rubber. As long as your gums are healthy, take notice of the skin on and around his dick/groin for any weird looking skin appearance (so I never give oral to men with a bush of pubes), swallow or spit his cum ASAP, then there's really no need to worry..., I think there's more chance of winning the big lottery jackpot, twice!, than catching something seriously horrible.

Penetrative sex with a stranger maybe 9 times out of 10 I've used condoms. With anyone else such as a friend then usually without condoms.

2000 men wow, and here we are just starting out. You have a very impressive record I must say and maybe one day I may get close to it haha

In our only experience we didn’t use. We didn’t think of it at the time. For the future it might be wise for penetration.

I have never worn a condom for oral in my life.

This is an old thread, but we're on the "penetration only" Bandwagon.

I've never worn a condom for oral, Mrs. E has never given head over a condom, and I've never seen another man use a condom for head. If we had any particular doubts that someone was safe for Mrs. E to suck off without a condom, we wouldn't want her fucking him with one, either.