sunbuckus

Raw sex means bareback sex?

I recently learned this new term for bareback: raw. As in, "I want to have sex with you raw." I had to ask what that meant because I thought there were some words missing and they really meant, "I want to screw you until you're raw," which is kind of scary when it's said that way but that's not what it meant. It meant without condoms. Is this a new term? Is this new with the younger crowd? Or is this just a term they use because they don't know about "bareback" or don't like that word?

• Like 1

So interesting, I heard that term used recently for the first time too! I had bareback sex with my special friend a few weeks back and he said "isn't it so much better taking me raw?" I know what he meant and I didn't think much of it. He was in his late 20's, so that would qualify as the younger crowd? I think it's just a new slang term. I haven't heard it used among playmates my age in the late 30's.

• Like 1

I've heard this term in the background for a few years now. I hear the term "bareback" much more often (20 to 1?), but it does pop up from time to time.

I think it started in the gay community, but bareback probably did too, so there you go.

I haven't heard it used in this way before, but I'm not sure it's new, just a new twist. Growing up, "in the raw" was synonymous with "in the nude" where I come from. So they sleep in the raw, or went swimming in the raw. Not much of a leap from that to bare skin on bare skin sex to being raw sex.

Very interesting, guys! The person I heard this from is in their mid-20s. Otherwise, I've never heard of phrases like "sleeping in the raw". Maybe it's just me but the word raw is almost like nails on a chalkboard...it's too much! I only ever use it in terms of food...raw meat or bloody meat. And most meat should be cooked! :lol:

I heard the term "raw dog" for going bareback back in the 90s in Ohio.

Raw dog?? Good lord. I'd think they were talking about a hot dog that wasn't heated up and cold right out of the refrigerator. Blech!

I've heard the term raw before, from a few single males in their 20's. I was like WTF when I first heard it. LOL! One had to explain it to me. :rollseye:

Among MM SEX "raw", "breeding" and "bareback" are today's lingo.....

I smiled when I read your post and thought you were just having fun. It has been a term for sex without condoms since I was in my teens. Bareback was a term I discovered as a replacement for "raw sex" only "recently". I tried using the online etymology dictionary but apparently they are averse to anything that includes the word sex.

Ooops! Forgot to add that, as a relation to your post, I experienced an allnighter with a girlfriend of mine where I shared her with a friend of mine. Between the two of us we did her in every way until she finally told us to stop. She couldn't take any more. It was because of the friction even though we were using lube and was wet from both of us cumming in her. Both of us guys just couldn't lose our erections. It must have been the moment or the drugs or the alcohol or the very sexy, horny, woman who wanted more. Sometime during the next day she told me she had been "fucked raw". Her pussy was sore from being fucked for hours. It was the first and only time my cock felt sore from being hard and fucking for hours.