angelkin

Would you attend a house party with single males invited?

We've met a lot of great people in the lifestyle - couples and singles - and when we have a house party, we invite most all our friends and that includes single men and ladies. We have met most of these people - always the singles- and are comfortable having them in our home and to meet our other friends. We do tend to invite people we would like to know better, but typically couples are the only ones we have not met in person. From a couple's perspective, would you be inclined to attend a house party where single men are welcome? Or single ladies for that matter?

I ask because a couple we know, who also on occasion play with singles, said when they have house parties, they just don't invite their single friends. They are afraid that some couples they enjoy hanging out with would be less inclined to attend a party where singles (males specifically) are also invited.

I am not asking if we should include or exclude singles from our parties, I am asking if couples are less interested in attending parties where singles are also invited.

We don't play with single males. We wouldn't turn down a party invitation purely because there would be single males there. We might if there were going to be a LOT of single males in attendance. A few though? No problem.

Singles are fine with us, male or female. Beyond that, we're inclined to trust the hosts' judgment in setting up an interesting mix for a house party in the same way we would with a cocktail (no pun intended) party.

For us it's the ratio. Many of the local house parties run about one guy for every couple and we wouldn't feel comfortable in that situation.

For us it's the ratio. Many of the local house parties run about one guy for every couple and we wouldn't feel comfortable in that situation.

Neither would we and we like single males.

I think one single male to every five couples is a good ratio. Of course, all the single ladies are welcome to attend - it's not like we know a bunch, but we always invite those we do know.

Now that I think about it, nearly all the house parties we've been to are couples only.

As long as the single males don't outnumber the couples, I'm fine with it.

I would think it would be helpful to keep the number of men and women (whether in couples or single) about the same would be helpful.

I would think it would be helpful to keep the number of men and women (whether in couples or single) about the same would be helpful.

You always need a few extra guys for those MFM's :three:

We're OK with going to a party when we know single men are invited. We've seen a greater number of married men act badly at a party than single men. Same observation made about married women.

We would gladly attend a house party where singles are invited but would have to agree that there needs to be a ratio of more couples than singles.

You always need a few extra guys for those MFM's :three:

What about people who prefer FMF? I would think having approximately the same amount of people of each sex present would allow everyone to find their preferred arrangement (FMF, MFM, swapping, group/orgy, etc) without having to have a specific ratio in each group (more men than women or more women than men) so that most people can get involved somewhere without engaging in a situation that isn't their preference.

We're OK with going to a party when we know single men are invited. We've seen a greater number of married men act badly at a party than single men. Same observation made about married women.

This is a very good point. A lot of people in couples tend to think that because they are a couple they can get away with things that singles would be judged harshly for.

We wouldn't go. Single males are fine, and the lady in residence here enjoys them, but not to a party. Any single males we play with will have been screened prior to play. Screening isn't really a practical option at a party, and accepting that they are okay, just because they are there, isn't good enough.. for us.

We would be inclined not to go. Single males do not fit what we are looking for, and for us they would just be competition without compensation. The bigger the party the less of an issue this would be.

most of the couples i know are totally fine with single women at parties and often see it as a plus. most prefer few to no single men. if there are single men, they dont want the ratio too out of whack...one or two extra dicks is fine...5 is a sausage fest.

Like some of you have said, all should know ahead of time. I would feel a little uncomfortable if it were 3 women and 10 guys but if all know ahead of time, why not.

Sara

We don't play with single guys but that wouldn't keep us from attending a house party (or club) where they are welcome. We would just want to know that they aren't the overwhelming factor and that they are respectful. Also, knowing that the singles are all people the host knows and feels comfortable with would be a factor. If we were attending a house party and found out the hosts were just inviting anyone and everyone, I don't think we'd be likely to attend - regardless of whether or not that anyone was singles or couples.

To me, a great factor about most house parties is that the host knows everyone attending and if we know (and like) the host then the chances are we'll enjoy the others attending.

Count us out. We still hold firm to the belief that single males have nothing to lose by 'bragging' about their adventures to their friends. Mrs. Diggs is up a ways in the management chain with several hundred employees. All it would take is for one of them to see her out and joke with a buddy about how he slept with or saw Mrs. Diggs at a swingers party and her career would be through...at least in our town.

I also stated this in an earlier thread. There was a house party here that would frequently have socials at the local strip club. Over the course of a few weeks the number of single males in the lifestyle seemed to triple. So count us out of parties with single guys.

And when we do get that urge to go out with that occasional single male, we will find one from out of town.

DigginIt, I can totally see your POV. Most all our single friends are out of towners - matter of fact, we don't meet people from our town and usually travel about an hour from our local area just to cut down on the potential of running into people from work. We also require face pics before meeting anyone on the off chance that we know them from somewhere else.

From a couple's perspective, would you be inclined to attend a house party where single men are welcome? Or single ladies for that matter?
Angelkin's question continues to relate to our present situation. We had a very successful house party yesterday-evening-early-morning. As with our earlier party this year, singles, both men and women, were invited. All couples who were invited accepted the invitation and to us this indicates that none of them objected to the idea. I suppose there might be a subconscious selection process going on.

I want to add to this; having a stated claim of being "respectful" is not a necessary. Sometimes "respectful" equals "boring". A man who sits and simply blends in with the scenery is not much fun. Girls like to receive attention, you know.

My say for today.

It would depend on how well we know the host couple. If it is someone we don't know well, or else we do know them but maybe they have a lot more anything goes style than ours, then singles, especially single males, would probably be a strike against that party. If we know them well enough to trust their judgement, then singles wouldn't scare us off and we would likely just take a wait and see attitude and try it.

Mrs. Alura and I would not have gone. As a widower, I would not go.

A single at a swingers' event seems to me like someone who might take a taxi to a Porsche club race, hoping to take another's beloved car around the track for a few laps. "I don't have a car, but I'm a really good driver!"

Alura

Guest sandraandalex

I think if there was a single girl for each single man, that would be smart. Like someone wrote that it was all about the ratios. Also, in the invitation, if it actually mentioned, in some diplomatic way, that the single people could be vouched for, by the hosts, especially it's mostly friends, would make everyone feel more comfortable. I guess the point of view with single people versus a couple is that no matter what, I arrive as a couple, I can at least have sex with my spouse. As a single, you have to option yourself to a partner in the group. Anyway, it seems kinda complex no matter what.

Although we don't actually go to larger parties where we don't know most of the people, if we decided to try one out we wouldn't let it deter us at all.

Alicia

We would attend. You never know what might happen or who Mrs. cupl might be turned on by (or both of us in the case of a single female). If we are going to meet single males (or females) we would prefer it be in this type of setting anyway. Parties and clubs tend to provide a bit of "distance" with singles that online chats and meeting for dinner and drinks do not.

Singles are fine with us, male or female. Beyond that, we're inclined to trust the hosts' judgment in setting up an interesting mix for a house party in the same way we would with a cocktail (no pun intended) party.

Not a problem for us, as long as the ratios kept the party out of sausage-fest territory.

This would be us. We wouldn't have any problem going to a party with single men. But the ratios would have to be appropriate. Like two4you said, I wouldn't like a sausage-fest.

Mrs. cupl has always wanted to attend one of those sausage-fests...maybe its her German heritage :D

Mrs. cupl has always wanted to attend one of those sausage-fests...maybe its her German heritage :D

:D .