intuition897

General opinions of breast reductions, lipo, tummy tucks, etc.

So I'm hoping to get some honest opinions about cosmetic surgery in general. Anyone else had a breast reduction, tummy tuck or lipo? Facial skin resurfacing? Face lift? Anything like this? If so, how was your experience? Would you do it again? Do you like the results?

I've been looking into breast reduction surgery because...well...it ain't easy carrying a pair of watermelons hanging from your neck 24/7. Seriously folks, 38H is a bit much. Our provincial health care covers the surgery, so that's not a concern. I am a little nervous about the idea of messing with my otherwise healthy breasts (losing nipple sensation is a possibility, for example). And because I'm overweight right now, so the other concern is, will they shrink into oblivion if I lose weight?? On the upside, I might actually get to wear shirts that button in the front! I might actually get to wear something freaking strapless!! Or triangle bikini tops! Hallelujah! I'm also thinking about eventually getting a tummy tuck. I want my bloody waistline back. I don't want to just lose weight: I want the fat cells on my abdomen physically removed so any regained weight doesn't go there. I can work have a big ass or big boobs or big thighs, but I just don't have it in me to rock a beer gut.

I'm not too worried about the scars, and I doubt it will bother any playmates. And if it does, then they're just not fun people to play with. I just wondered if anyone else has had experience in this area and how it worked out for them. And did you find it affected the way you went about finding playmates, or anything else LS related?

Thanks!

My wife is with me right now driving the car; I'm playing "The Good Passenger" rather than my usual "Back Seat Driver". Anyway, I put the question to her, although I have heard her speak on this subject many times and could probably have answered. But I just wanted to be sure she was OK about my telling this story to the World Wide Web.

There are very few decisions in her life about which she feels better than the decision to have her breast-reduction surgery. She was having back pain and it dissipated. She did not loose feeling in her nipples but the surgeon had advised her that that might happen. It has made her feel better about herself, which she contends is the greatest benefit.

She has, since the time of the surgery, lost significant weight. The boobs are not so "perky" as before the weight loss but other medical professionals have told her that that would have happened in any case.

Some of the esteemed members of this board have met her and know her. If asked, I'm sure they would confirm the fact that she looks great.

Our daughter had a reduction last year and she seems pretty happy with the results. She was the same size as me. It runs in the family Everyone thinks having big boobs is so great, but they'd change their minds if they had to live with them. We had to order her prom dress in a SIZE 20 to fit her top, then have it taken in by a dressmaker to a size 12 around the waist and hips. Think Jessica Rabbit in a sparkly blue dress. She looked gorgeous, but she was very self-conscious. Now she's proportionate and fits into whatever she wants to wear. She can even shop for bras at Walmart if she wants, instead of having to fork over $50+ per bra at specialty stores. My coworker also had one done years ago and she says she just regrets not doing it sooner. Loves her new boobs.

So would Mrs. SW_PA say it has added to or taken away from swinging? If anything?

From a surgeon: These decisions are personal. If you and your physician believe that surgery is in the best interest of your (physical and emotional) health and well-being, go for it.

You made a remark about your weight and the initial post include allusions to other procedures. Frame all of your surgical decision-making into a larger picture of your health present and future. Surgery is controlled trauma, trauma is best tolerated by those in the best physical shape they can get into (this is the logic by which young men are tasked to fight wars). Thus, go for the surgery, and time it in a way that best meets your overall health plan.

Regarding the LS: those who are happiest bring happiness and self-confidence to the LS. Surgical scars are not in the equation.

• Like 1

From a surgeon: These decisions are personal. If you and your physician believe that surgery is in the best interest of your (physical and emotional) health and well-being, go for it.

You made a remark about your weight and the initial post include allusions to other procedures. Frame all of your surgical decision-making into a larger picture of your health present and future. Surgery is controlled trauma, trauma is best tolerated by those in the best physical shape they can get into (this is the logic by which young men are tasked to fight wars). Thus, go for the surgery, and time it in a way that best meets your overall health plan.

Regarding the LS: those who are happiest bring happiness and self-confidence to the LS. Surgical scars are not in the equation.

Thanks, Fundamental. I haven't gone for an assessment yet, so I have no idea what procedures would work best, or if weight loss will be recommended first (probably). I would work together with my surgeon(s) to formulate the best plan of action. Other than being overweight and needing to hit the treadmill a bit more, I'm in generally good health and heal relatively quickly. But again, if the surgeon has doubts about my ability to handle surgery, I would need to take some steps to manage that.

The breast reduction is already in the works because it's considered a health problem (causing back and neck pain). But the rest is just me wanting to upgrade. I expect that the purely cosmetic procedures will follow down the road.

I wish you could magically transfer some of your boobage to me!

Yeah, I wish! It is a literal pain in the neck. Trust me, everyone thinks they're great...until they have to live with them 24/7. I've been at least a D-cup since puberty. If I want to wear something strapless, I need a steel-boned corset to hold my boobs up, and I can't sit down in the thing or it pushes them up under my chin and I'll suffocate in my own cleavage. I think I'd love to be about a C-cup. Big enough that you fill out your bra nicely, but manageable enough to off-the-rack clothes.

• Like 1

I don't want to just lose weight: I want the fat cells on my abdomen physically removed so any regained weight doesn't go there. I can work have a big ass or big boobs or big thighs, but I just don't have it in me to rock a beer gut.

Unless I'm mistaken, which is a strong possibility, lipo doesn't work that way. You can have the fat cells removed, but they don't stay gone. They can, and will, inhabit the area again if weight is not managed. Its not that they just get redirected to a different area.

. . . So would Mrs. SW_PA say it has added to or taken away from swinging? If anything?
Her surgery, she says, happened long before she know that there was even such a thing as swing. So she says she has no point of reference for making a comparison :(

Unless I'm mistaken, which is a strong possibility, lipo doesn't work that way. You can have the fat cells removed, but they don't stay gone. They can, and will, inhabit the area again if weight is not managed. Its not that they just get redirected to a different area.

I haven't even been in for a consult yet, so I don't know which is true, but my understanding is that the fat cells don't regrow. You have a finite number of them; they just shrink or swell. Or maybe they do regrow but at a slower rate? Anyway, I was under the impression that the body has an easier time of storing fat in existing fat cells than creating new ones from scratch. But I could be wrong. I'm guessing they leave a thinner layer of fat cells (because normal human bodies have fat deposits there), and if you're not careful, those are the cells that will grow/swell.

You got me interested now so this is what I found with my investigation (Google lol) skills:

" 1. Does liposuction produce permanent results?

After liposuction, the new body’s shape is more or less permanent. If a patient does gain a moderate amount of weight after liposuction, then the figure will simply be a larger version of the new body shape. Fat cells that are removed by liposuction do not grow back. If the patient does not gain excessive amounts of weight, then the new more pleasing silhouette is permanent. Of course after liposuction, the clock keeps ticking, and advancing age will produce the usual changes in the shape of the body associated with the aging process. Nevertheless, the benefits of liposuction will always be apparent.

3. Will the fat cells grow back after liposuction?

Liposuction removes fat cells permanently. The fat cells that are removed by liposuction can never come back, however, if the patient gains a significant amount of weight, then new fat cell can develop. With a small weight gain, existing fat cells simply get bigger by accumulating more fat within the existing cell. However, with an increase of more than 10% of body weight, one can expect new fat cell development in all areas of the body, including areas previously treated by liposuction. As an adult gains larger amounts of weight, increasing numbers of fat cells (lipocytes) are formed from existing pleuripotential connective tissue cells by a process of differentiation. Existing connective tissue cells first change into immature fat cells

(lipoblasts), and then develop into mature fat cells with progressive obesity."

FAQ: Realistic Liposuction Expectations - Liposuction.com

So both of us are correct to a certain extent. It does help and keep fat from accumulating in the treated area, but does need to be maintained to a certain extent. I wonder if I can get fat sucked out my abdomen and out in my butt.

• Like 1

So both of us are correct to a certain extent. It does help and keep fat from accumulating in the treated area, but does need to be maintained to a certain extent. I wonder if I can get fat sucked out my abdomen and out in my butt.

Huh. Well that answers that.

And I think you're talking about the Brazilian butt lift. Just google it. Looks like a pretty impressive procedure. They basically move the fat pockets in the love handles to your ass cheeks. Bigger, rounder butt + narrower waist = closer to that lovely upside-down-heart-shaped ass that seems to look so good in a thong. My list of cosmetic procedures is growing.

Huh. Well that answers that.

And I think you're talking about the Brazilian butt lift. Just google it. Looks like a pretty impressive procedure. They basically move the fat pockets in the love handles to your ass cheeks. Bigger, rounder butt + narrower waist = closer to that lovely upside-down-heart-shaped ass that seems to look so good in a thong. My list of cosmetic procedures is growing.

YESSSSSSSSS!!!! I thank you but SSH might not when I start asking for this!!! Lol

$14k :eek:

YESSSSSSSSS!!!! I thank you but SSH might not when I start asking for this!!! Lol

$14k :eek:

Holy shit. I just tried googling "canada brazilian butt lift average cost" and according to realself.com, it's about $8100 up here. I think it was under $7K in the US. That was the average.

From the husband here, I say reduce taxes whenever you can but breasts only when you must.

38H is probably a must. My F cup (breast feeding ) gets on my nerves. But I know I will miss them when they are gone.

• Like 1

Yeah, there's going to be a bit of a mourning phase when I get it done, because...well, they're not "natural" any more. But one thing I've noticed about Mother Nature is that she's can be a real bitch sometimes. So maybe they won't be exactly the way my DNA programmed them to be, but it's pretty cool that I can alter my body to live a life I never could before. I will celebrate by going to Walmart and buying something strapless. Or one of those cute one-shouldered tops. Or something with spaghetti straps!

I would say this is a very personal decision. It is what is inside you that makes you a truly magnificent person. If you are looking at health issues and future health issues than good on you. Those who love you and are truly your friends will support you.

• Like 1

Yeah, there's going to be a bit of a mourning phase when I get it done, because...well, they're not "natural" any more.

A lady that worked for me a few years ago had a reduction for the physical relief. She did say after the fact that she "missed them" just a little, but the lack of a daily backache more than made up for any feelings of loss. She was quite happy when all was said and done.

• Like 1

A lady that worked for me a few years ago had a reduction for the physical relief. She did say after the fact that she "missed them" just a little, but the lack of a daily backache more than made up for any feelings of loss. She was quite happy when all was said and done.

I've heard that breast reductions have one of the highest patient satisfaction rates. It would truly be life changing. I'd still have big boobs; they'd just finally be manageable.

I've heard that breast reductions have one of the highest patient satisfaction rates. It would truly be life changing. I'd still have big boobs; they'd just finally be manageable.

Yes, patient satisfaction is high

As a trial lawyer that handles medmal the beat advice is don't skimp. Go to a board certified fellowship trained plastic surgeon. Make sure they have medmal insurance and that they didnt learn to do boob jobs over a weekend course.

So since I last posted Mr. intuition and I have lost a bit of weight. My 38H boobs have shrunk to human-sized proportions: a 38D to DD. They ain't what they used to be, but what did I expect? I'm a former breast-feeding 40-year-old mother of two. I can't expect to have the tits of a 20 year old any more. It's nice to be able to fit into normal clothes again!

• Like 2

Congratulations on your healthier habits and consequent shape changes. Stick with it, and accept that it takes many months for for those new habits to stick and for you to get to your 'final' size/shape. Enjoy the milestones along the way. Keep us posted!

• Like 1

So since I last posted Mr. intuition and I have lost a bit of weight. My 38H boobs have shrunk to human-sized proportions: a 38D to DD. They ain't what they used to be, but what did I expect? I'm a former breast-feeding 40-year-old mother of two. I can't expect to have the tits of a 20 year old any more. It's nice to be able to fit into normal clothes again!

Great job, intuition! Losing weight takes a lot of motivation and dedication. Keep up the hard work. :)

• Like 1

So since I last posted Mr. intuition and I have lost a bit of weight. My 38H boobs have shrunk to human-sized proportions: a 38D to DD. They ain't what they used to be, but what did I expect? I'm a former breast-feeding 40-year-old mothso hoter of two. I can't expect to have the tits of a 20 year old any more. It's nice to be able to fit into normal clothes again!

Awesome! Congratulations :-) I love 40 year Mom's...mmm sooo hottt!

IOHO, there's NOTHING hotter than a 40-50 YO mom with nice curves. Good for you intuition! With only 4 1/2 months left before we go back to Desires, we both need to follow in your example and shed some of that winter insulation (California insulation...lol) ourselves...

Thanks everyone! :) We're really pleased with our progress so far. It's an extremely strict program, but it's working well. We should be where we need to be by mid-summer. We aren't working out at all. Not yet anyway. We can't afford to: the food on the program is really expensive! More energy expended = need to eat more food = more $$$. Hopefully working out will get stuff firmed back up. Although some things may need a little surgical help. You can't spend a decade in such terrible shape without suffering some permanent damage. I still have my reduction consultation coming up next month; I'm hoping the surgery will still be covered.

That's the trick they play on us. Make the food expensive and the portions small. If you are hungry you eat more small portions and have less money. Less money means you cannot buy more small portions so you don't have anything to eat. If you can't eat, you lose weight. Of course you get almost the same result if you send your money to us :lol:

Keep up the good work.

I would LOVE to have an upper arm lift and tummy tuck. Not for the LS, just for me, although I'm positive it would make me feel more attractive and confident in the LS, as well. I lost 125+lbs a few years back and unfortunately saggy skin is a reality I can only deal with permanently by surgery.

We're actually about to have our first "date" and ai'm so nervous about showing certain parts of my body bc of it. I don't even know how to classify my body in a profile. With clothes I'd definitely say average, but because my body has more bulk due to the saggy skin than someone else with my height/weight measurements and bc I don't want to downplay my "issue" I tend to put curvy. I think most people see a g-rated pic though and think I'm just another girl who thinks she's "fat."

Right now surgery isn't even an option for us though. It's a problem I caused myself by not taking care of my body earlier, so now I would not feel comfortable asking hubby if we can take on a loan payment or something to fix it. :)

Good for you P! Congrats on your success. I don't think that the Ms. would go for any kind of surgery because of the associated pain, but that's just her. Until Desires, we continue to walk and exercise...

Thank you. I also lost my weight the old fashioned way. I didn't spend a dime on workout videos, supplements, shakes, gym memberships or any other contraptions. It was all through learning to eat better and move more within my environment. Good luck to you!

• Like 2

Wow, congratulations P! I wouldn't feel selfish about investing in yourself if I were you. You've definitely earned the right to be proud of your body, and if surgery helps you with that, I wouldn't consider it a waste of time.

We did spend the money on a program, but we knew it was the right thing for us. Having something simple and structured was important because we were out of enthusiasm to try yet again to climb that mountain after 10 years of feeling defeated. I've surpassed the 40 lb mark and Mr. intuition is down around 50 lbs now. Not as much as you've lost (combined!), but for us it's pretty significant. I can't tell you how much better we feel!! We are soooo ready to be done with the diet, back onto regular food, and meeting couples for some fun! We've got about a month to go.

I didn't mean to make it sound like I don't think people ahould ever spend money on programs, shakes, gym memberships or anything. I just like to point it out bc a lot of times you'll hear people say they don't have the time or money.

40 and 50lbs is still some significant weightloss. Congrats on your success.

• Like 1

I am considering breast reduction surgery. For medical reasons- back & neck pain, shoulder dents & the weight of DDDs that do not lose weight when I do. In 6th grade I suddenly grew to a D, by 7th grade DD, when I had my first baby i got mastitis & the swelled up huge & skin stretched leaving then very saggy & DDD. Now I am 40 & sick of the pain. Im in the researching PS's phase right now but by next year (financial reasons) I am getting it done! And to hell with what anyone else, SLS, family or friends, thinks. If LS playmates dont like it I wouldnt want to play with that kind of person anyways. Hubby is very supportive of it. There is a good BR support group on Facebook that Im a member of & I have learned so much from those ladies!

From a physician and surgeon--

Decisions about surgery must be made in collaboration with your physician and especially with your surgeon. Reductive surgery--breast, sagging skin, whatever--can be very helpful for the right patient. As for financing, if there is a good medical indication insurance companies can be persuaded to absorb the costs. However, this depends on excellent documentation of the indication for surgery which can never be for aesthetics alone. This is yet another reason why collaboration is so essential.

As an aside, insurance companies are not all alike. Inexpensive insurance necessarily has fewer benefits and higher deductibles. It's worth looking carefully at your coverage and weighing the various balances among cost and coverage.

If you have questions about surgery itself or strategies of building a case for medical necessity, PM me.

• Like 1

Heing&Sheing: We both like women's breasts, but we also like women who are happy and feel good about themselves. We will not be casting any stones today. However, if you want to send us a before and after picture so we can give a much better informed opinion...:lol: