Tybee Swing

Have you changed anything physical about yourself for swinging?

I've noticed that since swinging, I'm more mindful of certain physical things about myself than I was before swinging. Just in subtle ways, perhaps...but I think I'm more thoughtful about choices I make regarding my physical appearance, and how that may or may not affect swinging. Anybody else feel this way, too?

Examples: Have you changed your hairstyle, hair length, hair color, style of clothing, grooming, makeup application, hygiene habits, weight, shape (toning), had surgery to enhance yourself in any way, gotten cosmetic dentistry, laser hair removal, acrylic nails, a tan, etc.? Have you gotten tattoos or piercings to enhance yourself, or avoided same, for the sake of swinging?

Even if your choices weren't 100% for the purpose of swinging and attracting partners, perhaps your choices are at least in part based on swinging, with potential swing partners in mind. If so, how big a part?

I think that there is no shame in making changes to enhance ourselves, for whatever reason suits us. I'm just very curious to hear what kinds of changes people have made, and how the changes may or may not have affected themselves, their partner, and their swinging.

Physcial fitness. We run at least 3 miles everyday and ride bicycles at least 25 miles once a week. You have got to be in good condition to play hard for hours and hours. All this has taken place, after we started swinging.

I don't think so, unless you consider that I find it easier to go to the barber shop regularly. I did lose 29 pounds since I started swinging, but it was something I had been wanting to do anyway, swinging just added a little extra incentive. I do pay more attention to grooming of the private parts, in fact, I never did that before. So, I guess, maybe I do after all. :D

I've been on Weight Watchers for a while now so I just keep that up but it's not necessarily for swinging. I've been a gym goer for that entire time as well.

For swinging, I think I make sure to keep up more with my root touchups for my hair, I keep my nails a bit nicer, and I actually put my piercings back in after we started swinging. I took them out during my pregnancy and never put them back in.

E

I don't think I've changed anything physical for swinging. I lost quite a bit of weight well before swinging, and how I dress, do my hair and makeup, and carry myself now has been the same since I dropped the weight.

The one thing I can probably associate with swinging is that I'm more likely to get my butt to the gym or on the ice, and I will pass up cheating on our South Beach/Atkins more often than not. It's hard to repair the damage from bag of chips or a week's layoff from working out.

As far as swinging, we started swinging somewhere along the way in weight loss, more than halfway, probably at around 2/3 of the way to goal. We were both feeling really healthy and energetic by then, just felt sexier and more confident in general. We didn't consciously lose the weight for swinging, our conscious reasons were for health and for ourselves. But perhaps the weight loss, plus increased fitness, gave us some of the confidence to plunge in by the time we were talking about swinging.

Like many women who lose a good bit of weight and sizes, I changed my style of clothing a lot and even my hairstyle. I gradually morphed over time as far as style choices.

I got my husband into my hairstylist, because he used to get bad haircuts. He's got a thick head of gorgeous hair, and now his cut really flatters him. He was cranky at first about spending a few extra bucks on his hair, but now he appreciates the results...women love his hair. ;) I buy sexy shirts for him in soft, touchable fabrics with swinging in mind.

I think we're both motivated to jump back on the Bandwagon at the gym whenever we get too busy and things start to slide -- still for ourselves, but also because of that extra incentive of swinging.

Swinging has DEFINITELY led me to change some things physically. I had considered breast implants before we started swinging, but after seeing women who were older and had children that had better looking breasts than I did, well, that sealed it for me. It's also more of an incentive for me to continue my eating habits because I won't be able to wear any of my cute little clothes when we go to the club if I've grown out of them :lol: .

Pepper

My biggest change was wardrobe, I love buying club clothes and shoes. The hard part is not spending all my clothing budget on club clothes so I can still buy work clothes. :lol:

I am much more concious of my food choices since we started too. If my work skirt got a little tight I would just wear a large sweater with it, it's harder to hide an extra 5 lbs. in a mini skirt. :D

Guest MrsVan

I have made several changes since the lifestyle. My first and foremost is my physical appearance when it comes to exercising and trying to lose weight as well as tone the areas that I need to tone. ;) I am also like MrsGoodtimes in the since that I now think about what I am buying when I go shopping. I look for clothes that I can wear to the club and look more at lingerie than I ever had before we got into the lifestyle.

I have always wanted to get a tattoo on my lower back but never really was serious about doing it until getting into the lifestyle. Now I just need to find a great artist to help me come up with my design that I am wanting. :D

MrsVan

Since getting back into the lifestyle I've lost 30 lbs - weight watchers online. I changed my hairstyle, I wear makeup (only when going out to meet another couple), I wear different jewelry (chandelier earrings for instance), and my wardrobe had changed significantly. Most of that has been for the lifestyle, but I think the wardrobe would have changed anyway (after loosing the weight). Now.. I need to start bike riding or ?? something for shaping up! Oh, and I got a tattoo about 3 years ago.... knowing we'd be getting back into the lifestyle soon!

Sarah

Mrs. LFM here. I've lost about 35 lbs since april with Weight Watchers online, which was waaaaay before we started swinging. But, I do feel much better and that has helped with swinging. We go to the gym a lot and we pretty much keep up our appearance. I haven't done anything different with my hair or makeup. We don't dress any different. I still dress in wranglers and a blouse of some sort and Mr. LFM dresses like Baxter Black. He's a cowboy through and through. He'll never change. There's something to be said for his wrangler butt! :drool:

Both of us got a gym membership at the end of December last year, because we really started talking about getting into the lifestyle. I really wanted to tone and lose about 10 lbs. Mr. Truelove wanted to lose a few lbs. as well and build muscle. I am really liking what I see from us working out. I got my hair cut at the end of summer to about my shoulders. I really liked it for a while but now that we are starting to play I want to grow it back out to about mid back. I am still a little modest about wearing really revealing clothes, but that is getting better. As for make-up I have always seemed to put in on a little heavier if we are going out to a club or bar.

Meeting friends makes me FEEL sexier, if nothing else. When we go out, I take more time with my hair and makeup than I do everyday; of course, if we're just going out with just us two, I do the same thing.

So -- except for always ensuring certain grooming is on the up and up (;)), I'm not sure we've done that much different...

Not specifically for swinging, but in conjunction with it, I got laser hair removal on my pubic area and keep the patch I've got left neatly trimmed.

I also, because of the ravages of two big-weight-gain pregnancies and one C-section, recently had a tummy tuck (the tummy tuck scar just replaced the C-section scar).

For a while I went platinum blonde, but it made my hair feel like straw and at my age "platinum" just looks too much like "white" so I've gone back to my natural dark blonde with ever-increasing grey hair (but it feels wonderful).

Oh, and I also have my nails done regularly with gel because I can't grow nice nails and "done" nails make me feel feminine and sexy.

M

Almost a year ago, I had my tummy fixed and my breasts lifted (no implants, no lipo). I had a huge pregnancy years ago followed by an emergency C-section with a scar that had gotten infected...just a bad scar, with a very stretched belly. Then, weight gain in the past followed by big weight loss in the past few years, left it sagging even more. There is nothing you can do with sagging skin other than remove it. The surgeon removed over 7 lbs of skin from me. We were already swinging before I had the surgery, but I had been self-conscious of my body and not very comfortable in "slut" wear. After my recovery, I felt like a million bucks and felt that I looked good in club wear, hiphuggers, etc. Since I had been working out hard for two years prior to the surgery, once the extra skin was off, I saw the ab definition I'd been working hard to see, finally.

I had the surgery absolutely for myself, and would have done it regardless of my lifestyle - but it sure did help my confidence in that department, too! This past summer was my first summer wearing bikinis in public, in 20 years.

One of my first posts here was about scars and swinging, and that was regarding the scars of my surgery. My scars are so faded now that you can barely tell, especially on my breasts (you have to know what you're looking for). Most people don't even see them now.

Changing my appearances for swinging. Yeah, I admit it, I am guilty of it too. I went back to my hairs natural color. Its dark, with no highlights or low lights naturally, so I buy my natural color in a bottle with a hint of spice tones in it. Just for some punch. I do my nails when going out, and my contacts are colored now instead of just clear. I also started watching what I eat. I don't eat breads or pastas too often now, and my fat intake is lower than what it used to be. I exercise some (not too regularly) so I am toning up a bit, slowly. I also guess being into swinging has made me more self conscious about how I dress now. I own more heels and boots now then I ever have. And since I wear them more, I am not as uncomfortable in them as I used to be.

I own more heels and boots now then I ever have.

I love high heels so much, it's probably a borderline fetish with me. Swinging just gives me a great excuse to buy more high heels, and gives me more places to wear them. ;)

Another thing I've done is get a tattoo pretty recently, my first ever. I posted it in the tattoo thread on this board. It's on my tummy and says "Wild at Heart". I think it looks sexy when I wear hiphuggers or a low rise skirt, and a top that shows that lower belly area. I did wonder how the tattoo would affect swinging, because some people dislike tattoos - but I did it for me, and figured that like any other feature, if somebody didn't like it enough to not swing with me - whatever!

Copy of tattoo 005.jpg

Bought high heels even tho I can't walk in 'em.

No physical changes. Who we are has worked for us to be happy together....and that's good enough for us.

S

The only thing I've done that I might not have otherwise was getting my coochie waxed before we went to a weekend long event.

Both my wife and I now have shaved privates... My twig and berries are quite the clean area now... :D

We are both slowly looking to lose a few pounds, but we've been working on that for the last five years. So far we have kept our weight below our primary target, now we just need those last five to ten pounds and a LOT toning to do. :eek:

I lost 20-25 pounds with swinging as my main incentive. And swinging is why I keep it off. Maybe that's not the "right" incentive, but it's what works for me.

I paint my nails. I care whether I have a tan in the summer. I shave my privates. So yes, I've changed physical things for swinging.

We both are shaved now.

I had highlights put in my hair. (Understand that I've always been very against changing my natural color, this was a huge change for me). However, I will say it felt great to look in the mirror and not see those little greys sticking out!

Working on shedding about 20 pounds - not just for swinging, but that is a big motivator.

I think we both pay closer attention to our everyday appearance now. I got in the habit of shaving my legs every day in the shower. A year ago, it was maybe once a week. He shaves his face more often.

It's not necessarily "for" swinging, but because of. We feel more sexually charged, and therefore WANT to look our best, even if most nights it's just for us.

Mrs. NC

Good thread to keep active.

When we first got into the lifestyle there was this huge push to make ourselves more attractive (what we felt was more attractive) such as losing weight and getting into better shape. We eventually adopted a take us or leave us attitude and still maintain that but we have kept up the efforts now for "us" and wanting to be more attractive to each other. The side benefit is it rolls over into the lifestyle.

Since we have been in the lifestyle...some of the choices that have sat on the fence (they were on the fence before the lifestyle) that were pushed over to the other side...

Her - Breast Augmentation :facelick:

Him - Hair transplant ;)

We haven't changed much physically, although it is yet another motivating factor to keep us going in terms of staying in shape.

I've always been highly active, in strength sports and other sports. Actually the lifestyle makes me slightly less active in those regards, just because I dont want to show up to a lifestyle party with open wounds or anything like I used to have after doing a strongman contest that day or something. I did once, but that was only a meet and greet, so I wasnt worried about people questioning why my arms were scabbing up after doing the stones that day.

Mr NK here. Two things for me. One, I keep my pubic area trimmed. Two, I had a case of phimosis which I finally decided to treat once we got in the lifestyle. I was self conscious about the appearance and the fact that it was so sensitive. Also didn't want to explain it to every new playmate.

We both started hitting the gym on a regular basis. The payoff was a couple of weeks ago when a woman at a swingers event guessed at my wife's age and came in 11 years younger and for me 8 years younger.

We both have considered some facial plastic surgery but the cost at this time is prohibitive.

We are both much more conscious about our weight and appearance, and make a real effort to keep in shape and fight off father time.

This may sound superficial, but we want to shag hot people, and the best way to get that to happen is to try and be hot too!

This may sound superficial, but we want to shag hot people, and the best way to get that to happen is to try and be hot too!

You are just stating what everyone else is thinking. :lol:

My wife and I were already working on weight. But, most of that was being done anyhow. She's trying to drop weight she is still carrying since our daughter was born, and I"m trying to shed weight gained around the same time from a nasty motorcycle wreck. I bit the racetrack hard and tore up my left knee, gained 80lbs.

So far, now that she is off Murena, she's dropped 20lbs, and I've been going to the gym and eating better, and have dropped 50.

I think it all would have happened had we not started trying to get into the lifestyle, but it was definitely a good motivator. Seriously, how would I attract the hot goth chick if I looked like Stay-Puft? :lol:

I have actually said to myself (when the alarm goes off at 4:20 am), "Some stranger is going to see you naked this weekend, get your dead ass out of bed and go to the gym." :)

Guest screaminggood

Shaving all the hair off for dates is the main thing that I have done...don't like it, but necessary maintenance.

Both my wife and I have certainly noticed that we work out a little harder in the month or two approaching a trip to Desire and are also working out more intensely when we are in a period where we are doing more swinging.

Also, my wife got a belly button piercing which was 100% as a result of seeing all the sexy piercings in the lifestyles (our vanilla friends are not, alas, the piercing types)

Gone to a few naked parties so I want to look my best and been trying to shed a few lbs.

Kind of a bummer when I was younger I could eat anything and not put on the lbs.

I am going to Vegas in September and I am planning on going to the naked and naughty party. My goal is to drop 15 lbs. before September.

Just to close, aside from appearance I know this is something I need to do to maintain good health.

I started working out and losing weight to make myself more physically attractive when I'm naked.