JustAskJulie

Swinger profile user names that turn you off

rpu3 said:
:ditto:

I won't go as far as naming screen names, but I can say I'm turned off by anything using "cum" or "69" or, actually, most things that scream sexually crude. Not that rpu3 is a great profile name, and I'm not necessarily a prude. I just prefer a bit more subtlety in some things, and screen names are one of those things for me.

As always, YMMV.

Geesh...I think we've done everything wrong! Hubby made our profile name a year ago in Feb. I don't think I can change it now...uh oh..:o

BiloxiCouple said:
Alright, who is going to be the first to do it?

Boy oh boy do I have some I could pull off the ad sites...but maybe I should just make some up that are close to what I've seen. Hmmm...I'll think about that a little more, Biloxi. :rolleyes:

Profile names always influence my decision to open them. And a bad one stops me cold. I don't open a profile with a name that sends a negative message from the start. Why bother...unless it's to check out the level of turn-off factor? :lol:

I agree with some other posters...let me decide if you are hot, or have a nice dick, or whatever else you are claiming. :lol:

I am not quite into the derogatory names either. The only person I'm comfortable with calling me names like that is Jeff, and that only tends to be during intense playtimes and happens very seldom.

My user name across sites is sexcupid. Why? Mostly because it's easier to remember just one user name....:lol: Makes me think of a naughtier version of that love-giving cupid. ;) But I'm not entirely sure how others take it.

Maria :kissface:

Alright, who is going to be the first to do it?

It might have been me, although indirectly. I'm keep my fingers crossed someone else deflects by bring up a real name. ;)

Boy oh boy do I have some I could pull off the ad sites...but maybe I should just make some up that are close to what I've seen. Hmmm...I'll think about that a little more, Biloxi.

:)

To those that might be offended or another similar reaction to a viewpoint counter to your particular profile name, I hope everyone remembers it's a viewpoint or opinion. What is irksome for one might be a turn on for another. Hence, my use of a YMMV after my opinion, because it is just my turnoff, not a global opinion.

Darn it, I knew this could be a tricky topic and response and I should have passed it on by.

I can really go along with most of what has been said. People seem to forget that the first thing anyone sees on line is their screen name. What kind of impression do they really want to make?

Ones that include "420" will turn is off fast also. We don't care if you smoke pot but do you have to advertise it? Makes for a good first impression.

Laura chats a lot on Yahoo and it seems most don't think at all when making their yahoo screen names. "bigcook4u" always gets her attention and the delete button.

Common sense goes a long way to making an impression on line but it seems that on line common sense is not very common.

VegasLee said:
"bigcook4u" always gets her attention and the delete button.

She doesn't like for a guy to cook for her? ?

• Like 1

JustAskJulie said:
She doesn't like for a guy to cook for her? ?

Ok, I am in charge of cooking. ::P:

Seems my typing got the best of me again. :kissface:

Just this week, I ran into a new SLS profile for a couple in our area; the user name (and I'm not making this up) was "urinarytractinfection." Can't quite say why, but I didn't find myself erotically motivated.

Just this week, I ran into a new SLS profile for a couple in our area; the user name (and I'm not making this up) was "urinarytractinfection." Can't quite say why, but I didn't find myself erotically motivated.

:eek:

I can safely add profile names that include names of diseases and infections to my "turns me off" list.

We were written by this couple at my SO profile, who's screen name is DarthVampire. The couple asked us if we were into biting or why the screen name? We told them it was because of the movies and types of books we liked to read. They went on saying that it was a scary name and that we should change it. Sorry, but not going to happen. We love Star Wars and Vampire movies. There for the names stays.

I do agree that screen names like "Bigdick4u", "Allnitelong", "69n69" and " BornSupremacy",are a little more than what we can handle. For a first impression, why put yourselves out like that? Yes a real turn off and like most have said here, we do not even bother opening their profiles.

So....apparently my first profile name choice of, "Sexybigdickmanwhore&hotsluttytightpussy4ufor69andsexallnightlong" is not as good a name as it seemed at the time. Good thing Mrs. GT vetoed that one.:lol:

Any use of 'cum' in the name is a big turn off.

Really any sexual term is a turn off, but for some reason 'cum' really bugs me in most contexts.

Just this week, I ran into a new SLS profile for a couple in our area; the user name (and I'm not making this up) was "urinarytractinfection."

:confused: Hmmm, let's see. Catchy user name needed for site to hook up for sex, mentally run down list of possible unpleasant side effects of sex, finally settle on the universally sexy "urinarytractinfection." WTF??

We don't overly analyze user names, but the ones that come off as blatantly crude or stuck on themselves already have two strikes against them before we even look at the profile.

The reason we don't put too much stock in user names is they are kind of like your given name. You get them when you are young, figuratively speaking, then as you age you might decide you aren't really all that fond of it but by then it is too late, your identity is already established. Kind of like our's on this site. Just browsing around, found the site, decided to register to see more, first couple user name choices were already taken, so just threw something together that would work. Now, our identity is a hard one to remember and no one is sure whether the "nu" is "new" or "and you." Lesson learned though, we used something easier on SLS.

So....apparently my first profile name choice of, "Sexybigdickmanwhore&hotsluttytightpussy4ufor69andsexallnightlong" is not as good a name as it seemed at the time. Good thing Mrs. GT vetoed that one.:lol:

What, couldn't work "cum" in there, too?

rpu3 said:
What, couldn't work "cum" in there, too?

No silly, that we would have saved for the profile tag line, "Cum like you've never cum before!".:lol:

• Like 1

I'm not turned on by crude or arrogant sounding profile names, either. Ours actually is a play on words, but no one ever seems to "get it".:(

Mr. Krazy here, for the most part i hate profile names like "spoiledbitch" and "Canbeexpessive" and "Golddigger69". also names like "Moodylady" and "Girlwithissues". i mean that's like saying "i don't really want you to look at my profile unless you like someone who's after what you can give them or people with attitude problems." its a crazy world folks, crazy.

Now you've given me a complex but in my defense id like to say there were no sexual connotation's meant when choosing my user name just what was available and inexperience now can i change it PLEASE.

crazycatz said:
Is anyone else the same?

Yeppers!

crazycatz said:
If so, what kinda names turn you off?

Pretty much what everyone else said. :ditto: I'll also add anyone who calls themselves "master" or "mistress", because we are so not into that scene. Our feeling is that if that is their username, it's a big part of who they are and how they play, and they're not for us. The reason I say this is that we've had some of them try to talk us into it saying it's "not that big a thing" for them. Ummm....but it's your username....obviously it's a big part.

Our username was created with locals in mind. People from around here will "get it". Tybee is the beach here, and our beach has swings up and down the beach every hundred yards or so, in the dunes facing the ocean. We love those swings, especially late at night. So, ours is sort of a play on words.

tybee_swing.jpg

lol... I had to look this one up. I can safely say, we would answer "Not only no, but HELL No". This has to be a joke:lol:.

We usually discount most of names posted above as guys posing as couples. Really, if you are serious, why start with an uphill battle. We've actually used a different profile on SLS because some thought this one was sexual. In reality, I like purple and tigers so I put them together (similar to the purple monkey I see running around here occasionally :eek:):lol:

On the other hand, Redeyes, 69 has never bothered us:D. We think of that as the user ID being taken and trying to come up with one that will work.

I'm not turned on by crude or arrogant sounding profile names, either. Ours actually is a play on words, but no one ever seems to "get it".:(

I like your profile name! I think it's sexy without being arrogant or blatant.

Our username was created with locals in mind. People from around here will "get it". Tybee is the beach here, and our beach has swings up and down the beach every hundred yards or so, in the dunes facing the ocean. We love those swings, especially late at night. So, ours is sort of a play on words.

Wow, I never knew they had swings on the beaches there. We're going to have to plan a vacation there. Our kids can play on them during the day:), then at night....... :EG:

sexcupid said:
I agree with some other posters...let me decide if you are hot, or have a nice dick, or whatever else you are claiming. :lol:

I am not quite into the derogatory names either. The only person I'm comfortable with calling me names like that is Jeff, and that only tends to be during intense playtimes and happens very seldom.

My user name across sites is sexcupid. Why? Mostly because it's easier to remember just one user name....:lol: Makes me think of a naughtier version of that love-giving cupid. ;) But I'm not entirely sure how others take it.

Maria :kissface:

We agree 100% Why are there so many hotcouple this or hottiecouple that? Who are they trying to convince? It's a turn off for us, as are derogatory names and profile info.

Maria,your profile name is cute and sexy as are most that post here!:cool:

Sometimes I worry our screenie is too cutesy. On the other hand, it let's you know what we're about pretty quick! At least we didn't go with The Snuggle Bugs. But it would give the right idea about us, and if people don't like hanging out with that kind of couple, they should get ample warning.

On the other end of the spectrum, I know we'd probably be uncomfortable around 2hot4u, bigtitsndick69 or Urinarytractinfection.

By the way, I'm in fair shape. Yet I cannot go all night long. I'm assuming that "all night long" starts at about 11 pm and runs until about 7 am. That's 8 hours of pumping. Am I the only swinger guy who CAN'T go all night long? Maybe I could increase my cardio workout. Then, maybe, and I mean maybe, I could perform all evening long, you know, from about 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. or so. I come across a very large number of posts in which "my man can go all night long."

Ours actually is a play on words, but no one ever seems to "get it".:(

tna, I'm one of those people. I've thought about it, but don't see a play on words. Can you clue me in? :o

tna, I'm one of those people. I've thought about it, but don't see a play on words. Can you clue me in? :o

I'm from the south, and sweet tea is my favorite drinks. We just didn't like any of the name variations with "tea"--they seemed too confusing. (shrugs)

sweet_tna said:
I'm from the south, and sweet tea is my favorite drinks. We just didn't like any of the name variations with "tea"--they seemed too confusing. (shrugs)

I thought the tna = tits n ass?

Never would have put tea with it.:lol:

Never would have put tea with it.:lol:

:ditto: that is what we guessed too

BiloxiCouple said:

Never would have put tea with it. :lol:

oops - That's the play on words I thought also. :facelick:

Oh well, Sweet Tea n Ass might go well together too. :lol:

I guess I lucked out when I made up our name years ago. It just describes us, a North Central MD Couple. I was wondering what Tybee Swing meant, now I understand it and like it. And Sweet TNA, babe, I always figured it was T&A, but I think I like the tea better, being a good southern boy that I am.

hmmmmm not sure where that puts me, but then again I guess you need to understand the meaning to fully appreciate my irony! No I am not being patronizing, I just have a see life as a journey of incredible accidental good luck.

Well excuse me, so it's ok to drink, but if i smoke a joint in private before we come out to play that's my business. I am more in control smoking then getting PLOWED with booze. I ain't never killed no one while stoned or wrecked my car. i have had one DUI seven years ago coming home from a swing party cause they were serving booze. So if my handle turns you off just ignore our profile. We are a couple that has been smokers for 25+ years. I wouldn't come to your house (or party) and disrespect you by smoking at your place. So why not try to be a little more open-minded?

mikey420rules said:

Well excuse me, so it's ok to drink, but if I smoke a joint in private before we come out to play that's my business.

Hey mikey ~

You're dang right it's your business.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're a smart dude, that you knew when you created your user name you were trying to keep people from writing you who aren't open to doin' weed.

Sit back, take a hit off that joint, and chill out man. :cool:

so if my handle turns you off just ignore our profile.

And this little nugget is the whole point of the thread. Just as it's your business to smoke up, it's other people's prerogative to pass your profile by. Just like if you were to have a profile like satisfyherallnite, or yourblackmaster, or redneckhotties, I'd pass you by too.

Pepper

I saw a new one this morning:

's sexiestcpl

Ok, yeah, I looked, no, they aren't...

:lol: well maybe they just feel good about themselves, that is a plus in the lifestyle.

we were talking, and we feel the profile names are overlooked mostly on our part. some do it out of being new, and some do it to catch the eye i suppose. its more about what they put in their profile for us.if someone had the name"fuckyouallnight" or "letsallcumm" with a good eye catching pic.:rolleyes: well.... we would take a look to see what else they have to say.

i mean, who knew we would try pursuing "goodfuckers":lol:

Well, as I posted here before, Hubby made our profile name a year ago in Feb. I looked into trying to change it simply because I don't nor would ever want to offend someone. However, making a new profile does cause some problems. First there are people who we've certified, those certs would go away, not really a big deal I guess since we could "re cert" them from our new profile. Our certs would go away, which really isn't a big deal since we've only played with two of them, who we are still very close with. We still talk with all of them and they could "re cert" our new profile as well. Truly I wouldn't care if we had any certs at all! But Hubby says that "coupleswing69" is who we "are" now for lack of a better explanation. Would people who know us think we were weird, or that something "bad" happened if we were to change it? Also, we've set up our screen names on chatting programs to match our profile , so would we change those as well? I'm trying to think up something inventive for the Board, so that our screen name here, doesn't keep anyone from reading our (mostly mine) posts and so that it doesn't offend anyone.

Help?!?! What should we do?

But Hubby says that "coupleswing69" is who we "are" now for lack of a better explanation. Would people who know us think we were weird, or that something "bad" happened if we were to change it? Also, we've set up our screen names on chatting programs to match our profile , so would we change those as well? I'm trying to think up something inventive for the Board, so that our screen name here, doesn't keep anyone from reading our (mostly mine) posts and so that it doesn't offend anyone.

Help?!?! What should we do?

I wouldn't worry about it. You're right, changing your name now would cause a lot of trouble, and you'd have to rebuild your identity all over again (the certs, etc.) I think only 1 or 2 people said that they didn't like "69" in people's usernames. To me, 69 is a wash. I don't love it, mostly because it's used constantly, but it certainly doesn't turn me off. I wouldn't hesitate at all to read someone's posts or their profile just because a 69 was in their name. 69 definitely doesn't offend me, and I'll bet it doesn't actually offend anybody else, either.

I honestly don't think that the great majority of the swing population is going to single you out or ignore you just because of your 69!! :)

The reality is, our user names are what they are. If your user name contains something mentioned here, don't worry about it! We are all just BS'ing anyway!

If your user name contains something mentioned here, don't worry about it! We are all just BS'ing anyway!

:iagree:

I'll bet that 9 times out of 10, if people like your profile and pics, they're not going to nitpick your user name. If you've been successful meeting people, that's your proof. ;)

For me, it's any handle that refers to the size of a guy's organ. Here's some others I've seen recently:

TASTEURCUM

9INCH4U

IWANNA69

NEEDYADICT

WELLHUNG

NEEDSEXNOW

ROCKHARD

BIGDICK

WARMNSALTY

Ewww. :lol:

Although not a turn-off, using HOTCPL or HOTTIE in your handle is a bit trite.

I'm starting to think making really detailed joke profiles could be fun.

First I'd do...

DramaBomb4U

Put as many red flags in it as possible but with some very attractive pictures and see who writes ;)

First I'd do...

DramaBomb4U

Put as many red flags in it as possible but with some very attractive pictures and see who writes ;)

:lol: You'd get a ton of responses! I'd bet 8 out of 10 people only look at the photos anyway.

New one I saw today: SLUT4U2USE

Chicup said:

First I'd do...

DramaBomb4U

How about....... "ITCHYandSCRATCHY"

(please don't let anyone on here have that name)

I thought it was a double entendre based on your names.

Like: Tits N Ass/Ted N Alice (or Tina N Arnold. You get my drift).

ItchyNScratchy said:
Okey Dokey:lol:

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHA!

My stomach dropped when I saw that name!

Then I saw the join date.

You got me. You really got me!

Whew!

I think people who are new to the lifestyle and the "online" aspect of it all makes some mistakes in the beginning. One newbie gets their screen name idea based on a bunch of other newbies who have no idea of proper swinger etiquette . I know if I could change our sls profile name I would. Dog came up with it with out a second thought. I was kinda turned off by it but figured he knew better. As it seems, I should have stuck with my gut instincts. :(

There should be away of changing your Profile name with out having to start up a new profile. Like hiways. You know HIWAY 42 then a smaller sign underneath saying formally HIWAY 7.

E.g. Dog'sPrettylady formally Playtoys69.

Damn newbies, we are always screwing up. :o

While I often think, "what were they thinking" when I see some profile names, if their pictures are smoking hot and their profile indicates we might be compatible, it doesn't matter to me what their profile name is in the least. As far as that goes, we often discuss around here things in profiles like annoying catch phrases that and spelling errors, but what it comes down to for us is, "are they potentially good in bed?" If so, nothing in their profile really matters to us.