JustAskJulie

Swinger profile user names that turn you off

On the internet our screen names/user names are our first impressions. When browsing ads someone may completely skip over our ad and not read it just because they are turned off by our screen name. The same can happen here on the board when someone has a user name that turns us off for some reason and gives us negative thoughts that we take with us while reading what they post.

Do others find themselves judging people based on their screen names? You see a user name or screen name say with an ad and just based on the name you think "wow, what an ego" or "they think a lot of themselves". Or maybe it's something where the name has a completely different meaning to them but when seeing it, it comes off differently to people who aren't familiar with its origins - I remember some questions a while back to Knightmare about his screen name - for him it was a combination of Knight and mare (horse)... but to many of us we saw nightmare.

Have there been times when you have found yourself getting the wrong impression of someone because of their screen name? Or maybe you found yourself being judged by your screen name to the point where you wanted to change it (or did change it). Were they/you ever able to live down the impression given by the screen name?

I remembered on another swing sight there was a gal who I saw very rarely got any mail--in the 30 days free days that she was on the site--I think she might have gotten 4 or 5 letters--her profile name was eunichmaker!---No--I was not one of the 4 letters--and I didn't wanna know

I know that there are many ads that we have passed by because of the vulgarity of the screen names. I mean, we're all adults here, and I know that certain terms are used, but, my Goodness! I have seen some doozies! As I am sure most of you have. Well, I'm looking for someone to be sort of friendly with as well as possibly play with and if you screen name is... I don't know....

fekmetilImBlu

No1DevilSlut

WhoreWhoTravels

Ummm... NO! Yeah, I feel really comfortable sharing the most precious thing in my life, i.e. Mr. Mac, with a girl who has handles like that and admits that she'll do anything with anybody anywhere... I don't think so!

Jenn

The ego-driven names really seem to stick out the most. Stuff like "hotcouple", or whatever. I think they definitely make an impression though, and while I wouldn't ignore someone contacting us online with a name like that, I wouldn't initiate contact with someone with a name like that.

As for our own name, it fit us for an online name many years ago, but as a real-life name I don't think it does. Not that we don't "play" or like to have fun, but it seems like it should be these very flirty and wild people, where we're both actually quite a bit more laid back, even shy in person. Didn't really think that far ahead, but doesn't seem like it's too much so not worth changing. But no wrong impressions yet, that I know of :)

Good Thread....

You know there are times that you do get influenced by screen names. Sorry Mr. Spoo but I have to use you as an example here. I see a name like Spoomonkey and I just have to know the story behind that person and what they are all about. Meanwhile you see a more vulgar name and I am less likely to want to dig a little deeper.

I know I am often reading threads from people and wonder exactly why they chose the name that they did and what significance it has.

EvilMJ said:
Good Thread....

You know there are times that you do get influenced by screen names. Sorry Mr. Spoo but I have to use you as an example here. I see a name like Spoomonkey and I just have to know the story behind that person and what they are all about. Meanwhile you see a more vulgar name and I am less likely to want to dig a little deeper.

I know I am often reading threads from people and wonder exactly why they chose the name that they did and what significance it has.

Just on the off chance you ever wonder about my name evil--I am a very, very oral person--and I love ladies'---uhh--well you know--and i always consider my self to be a friendly kind of a guy---so I combined the two!

We're with the person (or people) who are turned off by vulgar names.... wifewantsbigcock, etc. Or boastful names ... mr9incher... which actually scores for vulgarity too.

Now, graygo98, that's a name you can trust... relate to. Actually .... boring. Hotmail generated it in, you guessed it, 1998 and I already had so many other ID's that I soon moved to using it as sort of my all purpose handle. We will have to work on something a little more interesting.

Be sure to check out this thread:

How'd you come up with your screen name if you want to share that info.

There are many times I'd like to know what was going through someone's head when they picked their names. Sometimes I look at names and think they must have just randomly typed some letters, but then when you ask you find out it actually means something.

I'm not a big fan of the "forward" screen names either "lickyouallnight", "clitlicker", "9inchprettyboy" and the like, those are the kind of names that will make me lose respect for the poster - or rather never have it to begin with.

I don't think we as humans will ever get past being affected by someones screen names or real names and it just tickles me to realize that we aren't as well adjusted as we think we are.

For example, you may have known someone named "Julie" and it either has a good or a bad memory associated with it. It isn't fair to judge that person because of their name...they didn't choose it; their parents did.

As far as screen names go, just ask them how they came up with it. Some people my not realize that their screen name is offensive, they just try to come up with something catchy and in this sexual lifestyle (of all lifestyles) they may think it is acceptable to have a name like "Slut4U". I really think we have to give someone a break and at least be willing to find out about it if you are really interested in the photos on display in their ad.

EvilMJ said:
Sorry Mr. Spoo but I have to use you as an example here.

Evil - you DO know that you can USE me anyway you want to, right?

;)

I agree - it is funny how some guys come up with their names on the ad sites... They all seem to boil down to one message: "I am the CLIT MASTER!" I can still see Jay screaming that in the camera in "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back". Funny scene!

I have to say - it is a big turn off.

Any time I fly I always look in the skymall catalog. The have this hat in there with a scrolling/flashing lighted message thing on it. The guy wearing it has the message on it, "I'm Fun!" to which I always reply, "No... You're not..."

People sitting around me wonder why I am talking to the skymall catalog, but my point is, if you have to tell people that you're "fun" - then you probably aren't. Now - put on that same scrolly hat "I'm High!" and I've got the "fun" message loud and clear!

:D

The truth is, most swinging wives are probably getting some damn fine oral without leaving the house - and if your personality sucks, it really doesn't matter what your scrolly hat says - so try something with a little personality as a first option...

That's my advice...

You got me on this one Julie. Here's my perception of YOU! Don't worry, its not negative at all.

The screen name: Just Ask Julie tells me you are a very open minded individual, easy to talk to and you are definitely not a BS artist. If you don't know the answer, you at least know how to point a person in the right direction in they're search for answers. :D

BTW, is that really YOU in the picture? :confused:

I remember some questions a while back to Knightmare about his screen name - for him it was a combination of Knight and mare (horse)... but to many of us we saw nightmare.

This was the FIRST example that came to my mind too. Afterwards when we understood it related to chess I really liked the name after that.

I find myself not wanting to learn more about the person who has a sexually graphic screen name. Like HugeCock4U, Lykmyclyt, etc...

To me, those types of screen names are redundant. We all know why we're here.

You got me on this one Julie. Here's my perception of YOU! Don't worry, its not negative at all.

The screen name: Just Ask Julie tells me you are a very open minded individual, easy to talk to and you are definitely not a BS artist. If you don't know the answer, you at least know how to point a person in the right direction in they're search for answers. :D

BTW, is that really YOU in the picture? :confused:

It is really me and thank you for your breakdown of my name. I can't explain the real story behind it because it simply gives away too much personal information, but I will say I've had it since HS. I remember a guy in my class once saying that I was going to end up with an advice column or talk show when I was older called "Just Ask Julie".... I guess I came pretty close :)

JustAskJulie said:
It is really me and thank you for your breakdown of my name. I can't explain the real story behind it because it simply gives away too much personal information, but I will say I've had it since HS. I remember a guy in my class once saying that I was going to end up with an advice column or talk show when I was older called "Just Ask Julie".... I guess I came pretty close :)

I wonder if that guy been getting any advice from you on this group of yours!

Well, if I had known when I started this what I know now, I never would have used curious in my name.

It has caused more than a little confusion, turned off people I wished it hadn't and attracted people I wished I hadn't. At one point, I went so far as to start the steps necessary to change it on SLS and while that was going on, 4 straight couples contacted me so I let SLS know I wasn't changing it. Sometimes, it's too late to change a mistake when you realize it.

It's never too late, Curious, but remember you are only known on this board as "Curious", I think!

BTW, I don't consider your screen name offensive at all.

Male D

Well, if I had known when I started this what I know now, I never would have used curious in my name.

It has caused more than a little confusion, turned off people I wished it hadn't and attracted people I wished I hadn't. At one point, I went so far as to start the steps necessary to change it on SLS and while that was going on, 4 straight couples contacted me so I let SLS know I wasn't changing it. Sometimes, it's too late to change a mistake when you realize it.

JustAskJulie said:
Have there been times when you have found yourself getting the wrong impression of someone because of their screen name? Or maybe you found yourself being judged by your screen name to the point where you wanted to change it (or did change it). Were they/you ever able to live down the impression given by the screen name?

I have to admit that we can first judge people by their screen names, maybe not so much on here but on swingers sites. I think you can tell allot about what a couple or single male is looking for by their screen name. Like doushardandforgetournames tells us allot about how the date is going to go. :eek:

Single guys with names like thicknlong4u don't get anywhere with us either.

That's kinda the whole point. People who don't take the time to either read a profile in its entirety or who get scared off by a name that may seem (to the owner of it) to be quite innocuous, if not profitable!

It's just sad, that's all. It's like telling someone they'd really look better by losing a few pounds or wearing a different hair style. We judge people too quickly, I think. I, for one, will always give someone a chance if they fit my desired profile.

Male D

Generally, we don't put much store by a couple's/single's screen name. Usually it's just the pain-in-the-ass part of registering where you go, "Aww crap, now what name could I use that hasn't been picked already?" We liked 'Intuition' because we find that we rely on our intuition a lot in the lifestyle, but of course someone had picked it already. So we had to stick some numbers on the end.

However, we find screen names like 'luv2sukcok', 'havdickwilltrvl', or 'superwhore' or the like are a REAL turn off. If you put that much thought into turning something as simple as a handle into a shining example of just how vulgar you can be, we're not gonna be interested in reading anything else you have to say. I hate that. There are lots of things that we watch out for now in ads and sometimes we'll give the ad a chance if it has a crude screen name, but (way) more often than not we're disappointed.

Things in ads that bug us: boasting about money, looks, intelligence, sexual prowess, etc. and also substituting the word 'cum' for 'come'. It's just our pet peeve. I rank that up there with "Hey baby, what's your sign?"

I don't read anything into it, but I think the name "Spoomonkey" is THE coolest name used on the site! And after reading his comments and posts, one of the best at expressing himself, understanding what needs to be said, and giving the best advice. And funny too!

As for my screen name, totally meaningless. Just didn't want to use something offensive, conceited or deceptive. Lived in Florida and Cracker is commonly used to describe old time Floridians, so being more anxious to sign up on the site than being cleverly creative I used part of an old e-mail address and added a current zip code, since that "Spoo" name was already in use! How do I change it anyway? Like the name I use on SLS, Dodiddle.

This definitely is a good question! And definitely a good conversation piece. Who would of have thought this about 20 years ago, that a topic on screen names would come up, in addition to all of the innuendos, etc that follow from picking a screen name?

I picked Bella because its a name I used to use on a women's erotic site I managed. Its also part of my "regular" screen name I use on all my MSN sites I frequent. Cooper is hubby's middle name and a name he just loves. Hence Bella & Cooper. Not much excitement there, but we do like our screen names and think they reflect pretty much who we are... ;)

Yes... I am a very judgmental gal, and the first thing I look at online is a screen name. Often, I find myself thinking WTF? Add me to the long list of vulgar/cocky name haters. I also don't like the fluffy ones either like RUMYFUNBUNNY and the sort. :eek: Gag! I bet she ends her name in an 'I' with a heart shape as a dot!

The one I have never been able to figure out... and no lie, this was someones professional email address- I mean like, had clients send emails to it----

lesbianmustache That one has always taken the prize from me. Just tacky!

No kidding folks ....we received a typical ... "HI, nice profile" e-mail on sls from a couple with the profile name....

liarandfake

I swear- I don't know them but with a name like that?!?

That has got to be one of the worst choices for a swinger profile ever...I had to laugh then I thought...

Are there worse profile names out there?

It just struck me as funny...what's in a name? Truth in advertising...lol

Well, nothing in their profile seems weird and they got a nice cert...

Weirdnamethough! :confused: We haven't seen too much of that in our area. Sorry, meant the name. The liars and fakes are definitely out there! These guys seem real. Nice conversation starter, eh?

Guest hammerit12

I received an email from someone with the name of scam1984.........Nice, like that could be real. I told them no thanks and also their letter was so full of typos, I told them to learn how to spell.........

hammerit12 said:
also their letter was so full of typos, I told them to learn how to spell.........

Ouch...

Liar and fake huh, not as cute as pumpkins( we're a little overweight) but it may fit well for some of the countless profiles that are on some of the sites we have cum across. XOXO xxx

Liar and fake huh, not as cute as pumpkins( we're a little overweight) but it may fit well for some of the countless profiles that are on some of the sites we have cum across. XOXO xxx

Liar and Fake......Maybe he lies about his SIZE and she has fake.....Stuff??? :D:hahaha:

pumpkins1970 said:
Liar and fake huh, not as cute as pumpkins

Very true!

Pumpkins is pretty cute - and considering the time of year, it makes me think of a big meal, warm, cozy quilts and burning off the holiday calories with good, old-fashioned sex ;)

We were contacted by a couple whose name was bukkakelover or cumwhore, or something like that (we've since deleted the email). That, in combination with their first profile picture (which was her with her face being painted), told us that they're a little too "intense" for us. Usually I hardly pay attention to their profile name, but that one stuck out.

Pepper

BodyScape02 said:
No kidding folks ....we received a typical ... "HI, nice profile" e-mail on sls from a couple with the profile name....

liarandfake

I swear- I don't know them but with a name like that?!?

You know, after looking at their profile, I would probably contact them if they were local. They looked like a nice couple, and it would be interesting to find out how they come up with the name. I bet there's a good story behind it. ;)

You know, after looking at their profile, I would probably contact them if they were local. They looked like a nice couple, and it would be interesting to find out how they come up with the name. I bet there's a good story behind it. ;)

Curiosity would probably get the better of me too. Aside from them having a nice profile, I'd have to find out what's behind their name.

Folks I didn't mean to say they were a liar and a fake... it is a nice profile and as I said ... I don't know them... the choice of the name just struck me as absurd...

Ms P and I used to advertise on a swinger site where "liarandfake" were running a profile, and as I recall, their original name was something different; they changed midstream. I assume the name was a bit of editorializing on experiences they've had trying to connect with people. Hot, hot pictures on their profile, however, and they seemed pretty sincere and honest. I think we may have exchanged a few e-mails but didn't hook up.

well folks I took your advice and asked... I got blocked and a short but smart answer...lol

gracious goodness...lol

DBL D said:
My My! So sensitive! Just how did you phrase the question? :lol:

like this:

thank you but..

Please forgive me... but your profile handle is...well... LIAR and FAKE ??? It sort of leads one to assume... well that you are...crazy choice if you are not. Sorry if that is offensive... I am just thrown for a loop by it. ~Cat

Should I have added a smiley face?

I mean I can hear myself kidding and I don't do cutesy very well... but ... goodness...

Yeah! A smiley face...that would have done it! :)

(People just don't get my humor either.) :)

Sorry for coming into this discussion late but Liarandfake is indeed a well chosen name.

We first ran into this account several years ago on COL and at first they seemed like nice people, but then they started to get really abusive in chat towards just about everyone for almost any reason. I think COL actually kicked them off for a while and they moved on to SLS.

On SLS the story changed. He was now telling people that they were divorced now and he was looking on his own but didn't get to update his profile as yet. Yet with other couples, newbies, he would say they are a married couple and looking.

His MO is, when questioned or in any way doubted, to insult you and block you.

He is in every way possible a liar and a fake. My guess is that they were swingers, he was way too much of an asshole to handle it and his wife said no-more and now he's out still trying to fit into the scene to hopefully someday find a couple that will change her mind.

Trust me - if you are talking to them, it's never her.

If he says they are going to meet you, he will be the only one showing.

He has only ever really had that one picture too - it's gotta be 10 years old.

As for the cert - check it out a little more closely...

Is your experience recent, HappyFour?

Just curious why you'd resurrect a thread that is almost 18 months old...

We were contacted by a couple that ask us, "what was up with our screen names?" I like curious people because I always have an answer for them. I hate people who don't ask questions and just assume. You may not always like the answer, but at least it may not be the same as what you were thinking. :)

Anyway to answer the question, as you see my screen name is TiaVampire and my fiance's is DarthVampire. He is a StarWars fan and I love horror movie, especially vampire movies. So, thus the names. No we do not practice the black arts, nor do we suck blood. The only black arts that we practice is making each other and others feel good. facelick

When I'm looking at the profiles of couples and singles online there are certain names/handles that I come across that just turns me off immediately! I go no further than reading the handle and then just skip to the next profile.

Is anyone else the same? If so, what kinda names turn you off?

For me it's a bunch of things. Like for single male profiles, anything that refers to the size of their dick, or their love of licking pussy etc.

For single females it's ones that are self-derogatory like hornybitch or cumwhore.

For couples it's handles like HotBods4U, or elitecpl.

Anyone else?

I would say that mine are probably in line with yours. Single or couple I don't care for usernames that tout their "hotness" or come off as arrogant.

It would certainly be the ones that tell you how attractive they are. I thought sex appeal was subjective.

Although there was one the other day where the profile picture showed the male standing in front of his enormous knife collection. What were they advertising?

I would say that mine are probably in line with yours. Single or couple I don't care for usernames that tout their "hotness" or come off as arrogant.

:ditto:

I won't go as far as naming screen names, but I can say I'm turned off by anything using "cum" or "69" or, actually, most things that scream sexually crude. Not that rpu3 is a great profile name, and I'm not necessarily a prude. I just prefer a bit more subtlety in some things, and screen names are one of those things for me.

As always, YMMV.