Well my wife and I gave the "lifestyle" a chance and we're done. Just wanted to share why it's not for us for new people who are interested... maybe old people too.
1) Time - meeting people and writing is a lot of work. We found about 1/2 the people don't write back and of those that do only 1/2 of them will actually meet
2) People - With a few exceptions we really were not really impressed with the people we met from SLS ...actually to be honest most were creepy! Now I'm not trying to slam anyone but I guess we were just looking for friends and then MAYBE something more. We just got "weird" vibes from people. No we're not snobs but we just didn't feel comfortable with most of the people
3) STD's - This is always a risk no mater how you protect yourself, it's really just a matter of cost an benefit...is it worth the chance to pick up HPV or something even with a condom. That is foremost on my mind as I inspect someone for cold sores, bumps, discharge be fore we kiss or anything...kind of takes the fun out of it...actually takes a lot of the fun out
4) Just not worth it - We've been married 20 years, our sex is great and just don't need the complication or CHANCE of complications
OK what did we like
-We LOVED the parties! I discovered my wife is a dancing machine. The people there were fun, non-pushy and there for a good time. We're still going to go to the parties to dance and socialize just not engage with anyone else but ourselves
- Did meet a few nice friends
I'm sure many people have fun and there are good stories and experiences but it just didn't work for us. We don't regret our experience, we learned a lot and had a few good times.