Guy1964

Sex toys and airline travel?

I realize this is probably a silly question, but I don't know who to ask: Will we have any problem with a battery-powered vibrator in checked luggage on an airline? I'm used to flying, but this would be our first time with a toys. Thank you in advance for your help.

I put mine in a Ziploc bag, because I know with complete certainty that TSA will be searching my bag and I'd prefer for all our sakes that nobody touch our toys. Also, turn the battery around so that your toy isn't accidentally jostled into the on position, scaring TSA.

Separate the batteries from the toy. If you can put the batteries in a different bag that would be better. It is not so much a if they find it type of thing. They see it all... Vibrators and other sex toy things have a habit of turning themselves on at the wrong time. It is the fluids they really look for.

Oh... this is the wife! I have flown with my toys before and not had a problem.

What a great question to ask; thank you for asking it! I don't plan on flying anytime soon (I think the last time I was on one was 13 years ago) but it's great to know what to do just in case. :)

Thank you all for the help. That is great advice. I had thought of them freaking out about it, but not about it coming on in transit. I have this image of a planeload of passengers standing on the tarmac, beside the escape chute, glaring at us and our vibrator!!!! Good advice.

Sunbuckus, I figured you for someone who flew all the time.

We had just gone through security at the Tampa airport after a week at Paradise Lakes. I was squatted down against the wall tying my shoes. Ms Dive walked up and rolled her carry-on up against my leg so I could feel her magic wand vibrating inside the suitcase. :blush:

I work for a major airline. You would be surprised how many vibrating bags we get in the bin while loading or offloading. We joke about it and move on.;)

DO NOT reverse the batteries in the toys. take them out if you want certainty. Many new electronic toys are circuit flow critical, meaning, you can ruin a $200 toy by reversing the current. On simpler toys, just plain vibrators, they are run on DC current by a battery, so if you reverse the batteries, the toy will still run, but just backwards, not that you can tell the direction.

Took a few toys to the Bahamas a few years ago. Our bag didn’t connect with us. When it got to the hotel the next day the bag had been tossed and we were mortified to see the 12” dildo as big as my calf right on top.

... the bag had been tossed and we were mortified to see the 12” dildo as big as my calf right on top.

The screeners were likely mortified as well, first when they x-rayed the bag, then when they found it.

We learned it’s better to put in checked luggage and not carry-on.

My wife had several new toys we took on our Caribbean vacation and decided to put them in a bag with our necessities for our first day. In case our bags got lost we had bathing suits and a change of clothes. Yes our toys are a necessity.

Figures my wife is pulled out by TSA to have her bag inspected. I was already through TSA waiting for my very red faced wife. She said the only comment made was I’m sure you will have a great vacation.

I know for a fact others with toys are very often pulled aside for inspection.

My wife had several new toys .. and decided to put them in a bag with our necessities ...

Figures my wife is pulled out by TSA to have her bag inspected...

Next time she could just take one and keep it inside herself.

The sex toy business is as $24 billion industry. I would think most healthy women own a toy and that the agents see hundreds of toys a day. I would think if they asked you to take it out of your bag it is just to embarrass you.

I wonder how many toys Amazon delivers on same day delivery.

My fingers are my toys. Next time I'll let TSA take a sniff to make sure there's no problem.

• Like 1

TSA sees more sex toys than you can possibly imagine. They do not care.They do not have time to be distracted. They are looking for things that pose a threat to safety.

Yes, people have sex toys. Yes, they travel with them. If someone chooses to be embarrassed by this, fine. But from the TSA viewpoint, it's not much different than an electric toothbrush.

I remember seeing in a museum in Amsterdam an exhibit in which a sex toy had been used to smuggle drugs.

I remember seeing in a museum in Amsterdam an exhibit in which a sex toy had been used to smuggle drugs.
So now it will be required to power them up.

lol yeah I had a few of those in our bags while traveling with my gf. You should keep it closed and the batteries out. They see it anyways since they scan the bag but they won't touch it usually