Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
The Swingers Board - The Swingers Board - The Original Swingers Lifestyle Community, forums,
    Swingers Board Addict
    Status
    couple

Default Re: Chemistry and the emotional bond in women.

Quote Originally Posted by kittylikesmfm
    ....sex, for women, is initiated by an attraction beyond 'gee, we have interlocking parts' or 'gee, we both have tongues' , where for men..lol..sorry guys, but it seems to be that simple.
    It is not that simple for all men, and I don't even think I would say it is that simple for most men.

Registered
    Status
    single female

First of all I would like to say I am very, very impressed with curious...'s posting. I have been a student in numerous med classes, and he is one smart guy. Plus he knew how to express it as to be easily understood by everyone! Very interesting stuff...Anyway, I just wanted to express one or two thoughts.
    1. Most clinical trial and studies all the up into the late 1990's were still done using only male's. Then the data was "extrapolated" for females. So I still don't trust alot of "studies" until I read them myself.
    2. My own opinion is, big suprise, everyone is different! Just like what makes this board so great, total acceptance of every form and every variation of anything, as long as no one is hurt, is what life is all about.
    This was a very interesting topic, thanks for posting it!

Swingers Board Addict EternallySingle's Avatar
    Status
    Single Male
    SLS Handle
    ABSingleMan

I skipped a lot of the posts on this topic because I have a theory based on something my Dimensions of Human Behavior teacher asked us once. The question was "Is it possible to fall in love with someone just because you have good sex with them." Everyone said "No," then said nothing else. I said "Yes," and didn't get a chance to say "but not likely."

In my warped sense of reality, sex has NOTHING to do with love. The desire for sex is a biological reaction to specific mental and physical stimulation. Falling in love, however, takes a desire to be with one person EVEN WITHOUT the desire for having sex with that person, and thats where the difference lies. Yes, you can become attached to a person that consistantly rocks your world (or even one that causes an earthquake the first time you're together), but unless your logical mind sees something in the other person outside of sex, you are not going to love them.

So, the love part of the equation is more logical than the sex part. You see someone that has something mentally, emotionally, physically, or financially that you want or need, and you want to be with them for those things. The sex is just an added bonus. It can intensify the purely mental feelings of love, but it is rare for sex to initiate those feelings.
    that has more to offer?
    "Style is not lusting after somone because they are cool. Style is loving yourself till everyone else does too."

Prince

Swingers Board Addict EternallySingle's Avatar
    Status
    Single Male
    SLS Handle
    ABSingleMan

Quote Originally Posted by kittylikesmfm
    ...the sex, for women, is initiated by an attraction beyond 'gee, we have interlocking parts' or 'gee, we both have tongues' , where for men..lol..sorry guys, but it seems to be that simple.
    Please guys, don't take my membership card away again.

Actually, kitty, there does have to be more for a man to HAVE sex with a woman. We want the warm fuzzies too. Unfortunately, if you all knew that, we'd be virgins until we're 40, have a quarter of a million laying around the house, five or six million in the bank, and had beaten all of our competition into the groun. You women are cutthroats when you think you can give a man a little less to get a little more yourselves.
    "Style is not lusting after somone because they are cool. Style is loving yourself till everyone else does too."

Prince

Swingers Board Addict lovedoctor's Avatar
    Status
    M Female
    SLS Handle
    Fllovedoctor

Curiousagain - good review of hormones/neurotransmitters and their basic functions. Don't forget the most important function of oxytocin - without it, women would not have orgasms and babies would not be expelled from the uterus.

I wonder what's up with Mr. Lovedoctor; he tends to get attached emotionally deeper than I do. I guess it's just easier with my having a medical background for me to put a little bit of a clinical distance between us and the playmates. Hmmm, interesting. Maybe that's how I am trying to avoid the girl-thing of being "the one who gets hurt in the end." Because like it or not, all relationships eventually end, right? It's just easier not to get hurt if you don't get that involved.
    "Everyone here is wondering what it's like to be with somebody else..."
    ~Back 2 Good, Rob Thomas (matchbox twenty)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2