Please Visit These Sponsors As They Keep The Swingers Board FREE

Kasidie   Swinger Zone Central   Swing Lifestyle    Swingers Date Club    Adult FriendFinder  Swing Towns  Alt.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
The Swingers Board - The Swingers Board - The Original Swingers Lifestyle Community, forums,
    Here to Stay
    Status
    couple

Default Re: Scarring

i woundn't worry nobody is gonna notice anyway. if they do its their loss

Here to Stay

I'm the male half of tandb, so you're getting only that perspective here...

I think that if we are not careful, we all tend to get entangled in the "body beautiful" thing - that is - accepting Madison Avenue's idea of the perfect body.

Scars speak of life experiences (and all too often of painful experiences ) that have made us who we are. And I, for one, think that they add character and interest to the person.

Status
    Female
    SLS Handle
    swingersboard

We all have scars somewhere, or stretch marks or cellulite or some imperfection that we would like to hide. It's those perfect ones that you can't find an imperfection on that make me uncomfortable

At worst you will be stuck trying to explain that no you didn't get implants, and dealing with guys wondering why in the world you want SMALLER boobs....

Here to Stay
    Status
    couple

I think everyone has a scar of some kind. No one's perfect. In the lifestyle, we have meet all kinds of people, all of them different from the last. I have found that people in the lifestyle are alot less judgemental and not so superficial. How can one be superficial when enjoying this lifestyle?

Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    Pghcouple

Hi. This is an interesting topic that hits home with me. I had to have a my breasts removed, and received implants in their place when I was 21 (I am 30 now). This was done to prevent an almost certain onset of breast cancer in my early thirties...breast cancer runs in my family and I tested positive for the gene that causes breast cancer. In any event, the surgery did leave scars, and also left me with no nipples. You can't tell any difference when my bra is on, and I do have prothetic nipples that I can where, but it doesn't look completely real, although close. This has hugely effected my self esteem and confidence when my husband and I are propositioned. Although we have had successes in the past with a couple and a few mfm threesomes, we do have to explain it before hand. We have yet to find anyone who found it to be a problem, but the problem lies within me and does inhibit our 'play' when we meet people. My husband tells me that I look great anyway and anyone that would have a problem with the fact that I won't remove my bra is shallow and would eventually find to be a mistake anyway....but I can't help to be insecure about it. I love the lifestyle and really enjoy swinging, and don't want this be a factor for us.. Any advice?

Status
    Widower

Mrs. Alura had breast cancer but didn't require a mastectomy, just a lumpectomy. She has a scar on her left breast but It doesn't bother her. She's too happy to be rid of the cancer.

I'm still working on that scar, though.

Mr. Alura
    "They may call me a rube and a hick, but I'd a lot rather be the man who bought the Brooklyn Bridge than the man who sold it."
    óWill Rogers

She's a lurker; he's not leftcoastcouple's Avatar
    Status
    Married Couple (But mostly Mr.)

Dito Dito Dito Dito Dito

As a couple getting really close to taking the plunge--and having done so years ago--we've both got PLENTY of reservations. But the male half here has a major scar from a childhood surgery, and until you posted this, he'd never even given that a second thought as a concern about swinging.

If that alone alienates someone, then they can go home and look for another couple. Period. Who needs them and their superficiality?

Scars, shmars. Get out there and play!

Only slightly cracked... BradAndJanet's Avatar
    Status
    Married Couple

Quote Originally Posted by pghcouple
    Hi. This is an interesting topic that hits home with me. I had to have a my breasts removed, ... ... I love the lifestyle and really enjoy swinging, and don't want this be a factor for us.. Any advice?
    It wouldn't bother us, nor stop us from playing with you, all things considered of course. You're right, being up front about it is the way to go. Some might be put off by it, I guess, but why bother with them? A lot of people like us believe sexy is a state of mind, not of body.

Actually, you sound pretty self-confident to me. I think anyone who swings is, 'cause you really have to put yourself out there and risk the chance of rejection.

Advice? Keep doing what you're doing. I'm betting the more experiences you have, the more at ease you'll become.

Wish ya the best!

-B
    "If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything." - Mark Twain
    All about us...

Swingers Board Addict sensuality's Avatar
    Status
    happily,ecstatically married

It is soooo refreshing to find so many kind hearted people.Reality being what it is,there's so much pressure to look our best.It's nice to just be accepted as you are!And...beauty is only skin deep{so cliche',I know}
    To truly see beauty, close your eyes...and see with your heart....mois

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2