JustAskJulie

What's your birth control method?

What method(s) of birth control do you use?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. What method(s) of birth control do you use?

• Condoms (male)
    • Condoms (female)
    • The Pill/Depo-provera/Norplant
    • IUD
    • Sponge
    • Surgically safe (vasc and/or hysterectomy)
    • Withdrawel
    • Other

I believe ya'll can vote on more than one here. At least I think it took mine.

We are a condom for him in case the female is not surgically safe, and I am surgically safe.

Condoms before we were married, they worked (we were REAL LUCKY)

diaphram failed

IUD failed

Finally went surgical. Couldn't dance for a week, but that put a stop to the baby thing. Three is enough, but then we went and got a dog, our hairy child.

It's kind of strange to have to think about that B.C. stuff again.

P

Hubby is surgically safe, but I am not. A decision that I am regretting more and more everyday. I have been on the pill, but had to stop briefly. So now condoms are a must for right now.

Condoms provide us with the back-up for when her pill might be compromised by illness.

I have an IUD (looks like I'm the only one here...at least so far) and we use condoms for swinging but that is more for disease prevention than birth control. L is fertile but he rarely ejaculates with his swing partners.

We use the old withdrawal method! It has always worked for us, except when with other people then it's back to the lab again (suit up that is, wrap it in rubber)

I'm surgically safe, she's not, So she insists on a rubber unless the male playmate is also surgically safe. She Can't take the pill for medical reasons.

R

She's on the pill but still do withdrawl just in case.....its worked to this point:D

I'm surgically safe and on the pill (long story:rolleyes: ). He is not, so condoms are a must for swinging.

Annette

I had my tubes tied during the birth of my 3rd baby (she was a c-section so since I was already open we had them tie my tubes). When and IF we do swing, we will use condoms for all of the men or WE won't be participating. This isn't so much for pregnancy, but more for STD's. We could probably handle a pregnancy better than an STD anyday ;) but preferably we won't have to handle either of the 2 :)

I am surgically safe. No more babies here! When we swing, I have my play partners use condoms for the STD peace of mind. I know it may be a bit illogical given the research, but it makes me feel better. Mr hmr uses condoms for those not surgically safe, or not known to us for a while. (outside our group)

mrs hmr:)

I am also surgically safe but hubby is not so we use condoms whenever we swing to protect from STD's.

Originally posted by hmr

I am surgically safe. No more babies here! When we swing, I have my play partners use condoms for the STD peace of mind. I know it may be a bit illogical given the research, but it makes me feel better. Mr hmr uses condoms for those not surgically safe, or not known to us for a while. (outside our group)

mrs hmr:)

What is the research? Are we more paranoid than we need to be? Could you provide some links? Thanks.

~Tantra~

No Tantra, you are not more paranoid than you should be. My original post should have read.... "I know it may be a bit illogical for some, given the research". I apologize for any misleading. I was refering to research posted on previous threads by Paul King. Again I apologize!

Dr. David Rasnick is refuted in an article from the AIDS Treatment News 12/01/00 (B. Mirken).

David Gisselquist's arguements are disputed in articles from the World Health Org. One can be found:http://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/81/4/en/News0403.pdf

Dr. Nancy Padian, who's 10yr study showed no HIV infection to non infected heterosexual partners, even when condoms were not used. Is now supporting the use of condoms and/or diaphrams citing the cervix and foreskin as hotspots in terms of susceptibility to HIV infection.

There are more....

mrs. hmr:)

Originally posted by imsnowman

Pill; her. Vasectomy; him. Condoms both for safety.

Very similar to the above:

Herbal Pill for me. Vasectomy for him. Condoms when with others.

She was on Depo-Provera for about 5 years, longer than recommended. Now she's off of all of it because of a thyroid problem and polycystic ovaries.

We use condoms or withdrawal.

Husband has not had the V.

For me I might want a few more kids like 2.

But for now I am happy with what I have.

When we swing I have no idea if my husband has planted a seed.

I guess in our group we never heard of finding out who got who pregnant.

Those times do happen and over the years it did happen in our group when we knew the husbands had their vasectomy.

Condoms are not 100 percent and so are the other BC methods.

Have you ever thought that maybe the wife did want to get pregnant and she used the group to get pregnant.

Or has there been swinger parties that there were risking pregnancy parties ...Yes they do happen....extreme yes.

Me..I don't use birth control....they mess me up so I depend on the condom being the barrier at parties and make sure of my OV cycle and here is the kicker......once in a while I do stray and I pull it off him ....off comes the condom.

to be honest.....I do love the feeling of warm semen ...my fetish...

I have had a tubal ligation. Jay is going to be getting his V soon, hopefully within the next month. Yes, nothing is 100% other than abstinence...but we do feel safer having had been surgically "sterilized".

Dave's surgically safe. I've been using Depo for the last year or so. :)

Jeff is v-safe. I am not currently on any birth control, when we swing we use condoms (even if the guys are v-safe).

Maria :kissface:

He's surgically safe, I can't take bc (causes me to not want sex, which defeats the purpose). We both use condoms when playing.

We're both surgically safe. We wanted no risk of that ever being an issue!

Condoms however, are still a must no matter what.

Ms. B

One of the things I remind myself of, that relates to this topic, is that we began swinging after age 50 and there IS something that was so great about that for us. I was already post-menopause and so have had absolutely no worry about becoming pregnant. If I was younger, still menstruating, and living with the worry that I could become pregnant I would be one stressed out swinger. I wonder if I would have ever seriously considered swinging when I was fertile because of the possible pregnancy issues.

From the start of our relationship and into our marriage, I had been on the pill for fifteen years until it was advised by my doctor that it was time to get off the pill. Mr LM then had a vasectomy since we new we didn't want a family.

If we had began swinging when I was 35 yo (when I got off the pill) I know I'd always be worried that I would get pregnant, even when using condoms. I think using an additional b.c. method would have been needed and who knows what I would have went with.

LM

I use condoms when i don't really know the person or people i'm with, and after i am comfortable, and if they don't mind, then withdrawal is fine. I prefer going bareback, but for sdt and pregnancy reasons i will wear them.

For all you ladies, just in case you didn't know, St. John's Wort interferes with some brands of the pill. Found that out the hard way, but thankfully, my now ex-gf didn't get pregnant.

Wife has been surgically safe for over 23 years, I just snipped about two years ago. Wish I would have had it sooner.

I just snipped about two years ago.
Yes, this would be the "other" choice. Like you, I had a vasectomy. But this was many years ago. Had I not had this procedure, I believe my choice would be condoms -- which I occasionally use when requested by a female partner for purposes of safety -- the kind having the ribs for purposes of fun.

Michael

I am surgically safe and WE don't worry about using anything with just the two of us but when we swing, he uses condoms and I request my playmates do the same!!

Male condoms here...but I was suprised that some use female condoms, I don't think i've ever seen anyone use female condoms......

L and I are both surgically safe. After 2 decades of swinging with various women I'd dated, I finally got the Big Snip in the mid-'90s.

When L and I got together and started swinging, she used the pill the first few years, then got her tubes tied. We are mighty glad to have no worries on that front.