Please Visit These Sponsors As They Keep The Swingers Board FREE

Kasidie   Swinger Zone Central   Swing Lifestyle    Swingers Date Club    Adult FriendFinder  Swing Towns  Alt.com

The Swingers Board - The Swingers Board - The Original Swingers Lifestyle Community, forums,
    Status
    Female
    SLS Handle
    swingersboard

Default How to Handle Valentines Day when you are a Polyamorous

This article starts off looking at Valentine's Day from the POV of how swingers may handle it differently; even considering a single female swinger who may enjoy the pleasures of several others, but may wind up feeling lonely during these special holidays.

From there the article branches over to Poly and how those with romantic connections to more than one, may choose to handle the holiday. Unfortunately (IMO), it focuses a bit too much on a single guy who was dating several women at once (giving it more a feel of typical guy rather than really feeling like Poly). I wish they would have interviewed more people or a couple who has chosen to be Poly.

How to Handle Valentine's Day When You're Polyamorous

So for those of you who are Poly and have dealt with this, what did you do?
    The Swinger Manual - all the info from the Swingers Board in one convenient book

Swingers Board Addict
    Status
    couple

Default Re: How to Handle Valentines Day when you are a Polyamorous

Hi, this is Petra of David, Clair, Red and Petra. In the past if Valentine's Day was on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday we would have a little treat of some sort (small, crazy gift or dinner) among two or three of us, depending on what else was going on. Nothing special this year because it was Monday, but in reality every day is Valentine's Day for us.

Swingers Board Addict
    Status
    female part of the coupe

Not too many responses. Huh?

Exchanged cards and flowers with hubby. BF was sick so he is got a chicken soup, a small cake,juice, medications,fruits,flowers. I got nothing as usual.Oh,wait I did get a hug....
    Last edited by wisconsin; 02-15-2011 at 11:39 PM.

Status
    Couple - she posts
    SLS Handle
    km34

I thought of this thread with the holidays coming up. Neither one of us has another partner at the moment, but we've been talking about how we would want to handle various holidays for future reference. We have been dating a bit, so it is possible the situation could change soon, so we want to be prepared.

Hubby and I only really place importance on the 4th of July. It's our holiday. Always has been. We cook out, surround ourselves with loved ones, and celebrate every year. Then we got married so it is now an anniversary celebration on top of our normal fun-ness. Other than that, we celebrate most holidays (except Valentine's Day, oddly enough) but aren't particular about the date so we would be willing to do our thing on another day if it was important to another partner to have one of us (or both of us) with him/her on the day of.

I guess we're just pretty laid back. Our main concern would be financial.

This year we are having Thanksgiving with our chosen family (close married friends, their kids, and their other partners as well anyone we choose to invite - possibly a woman we have been casually seeing and another couple we all know and like) on the day of, then the day after I am fixing our Midwestern Thanksgiving meal for jut the two of us. The meal on the actual Turkey Day is going to be much healthier and miss most of the staples we consider tradition because of dietary limitations, so we're having our own, too. We are sharing at least one new dish, though, possibly 2 so they can experience the awesomeness.

Anyone else having to work through interesting holiday plans? Either poly or swinging related. Or both!