Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
The Swingers Board - The Swingers Board - The Original Swingers Lifestyle Community, forums,
    Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    BigNikkiBig

Default Re: Are you Poly?

Big Nikki here.

Although I cleave fiercely to my John, I could see myself in an FMF poly marriage. (MFM, no; FMF, yes.)

-- Big Nikki
    I'm not orthogonal, but I am oblique

Polyamory practitioner
    Status
    married male

My marriage is absolutely wonderful!!!!!!!!!!! I love both of my wives so much, and they have moved mountains and made huge sacrifices to make our love a reality, that I am way more certain of their love and devotion than I ever was during my vanilla marriage..

Better than Ice Cream two4youinswva's Avatar
    Status
    Couple. He posts, She reads

Bumping this thread to see if there are any currently active members that are in a poly situation, or have been in a poly situation in the recent past.
    You can tell how much a woman likes you by her feet. If they're behind her ears, she REALLY likes you.

Status
    Couple - she posts
    SLS Handle
    km34

We were in an N formation before we moved... That just kind of fizzled since she wasn't willing to have a LDR.

Status
    Female
    SLS Handle
    swingersboard

What is an N formation (for those of us uninitiated)?
    The Swinger Manual - all the info from the Swingers Board in one convenient book

Status
    Couple - she posts
    SLS Handle
    km34

Oops.. I meant to explain and then got distracted! An "N" is when there are two couples who are linked by one person from each dating. So it was my husband and me and my girlfriend and her husband. She and I were the link between the two couples.

Although in my case it was more confusing since we also swung together so all of us were sexually involved and really good friends.... Yeah. It was fun.

Status
    M. Male

I will say that our marriage is coming around to it, specifically creating a triad. Me, my wife, and my best friend are discussing it as they have strong feelings for each other. But we're still actively swinging for now.

Registered
    Status
    m. female

Wow - feel like I have just landed on my home planet here. Amazing. To find my own situation discussed so openly and interestingly. I read several opinions that this lifestyle seems to take a lot more work on an emotional level and at the beginning of my own experience I agree. It was an adjustment (mostly dealing with stereotypical, male ego issues instead of any problems involving ownership) but we got through it pretty quickly and have been incredibly happy ever since. The two men in my life have grown very close - closer than family and have even discussed approaching a lawyer as to whether or not there is some form of legal contract they could have drawn up that would give them a sort of family rights in cases of emergency in regards to each other and myself.

Anyway - wonderful thread.

Status
    Poly

me and my wife are Poly. she has a BF and i have a GF but they dont live with us, we are just dating them separately.

Swingers Board Addict
    Status
    couple

Now that I think about it, I guess we are more poly with our best friend than swingers. We both really like him very much and it is more than just the sex. He and I are both Bi so I sometimes play with him alone or with my wife watching which she likes to do, she sometimes plays with him alone, and all three of us play together in threesomes. We have been playing with him since the mid 80s, and there has never been any jealousy by any of us, so it does seem to be more poly than swinging.

Status
    Married Poly Male

I'm very new here, and came as a poly fellow interested in exploring the lifestyle. I've been married for 20 years, and spent the last 9 years slowly getting into polyamory. I have a lovely girlfriend and my spouse has a boyfriend. My spouse is done adding others to her life right now, but I'm open to new relationships (romance or just play).

Here in Connecticut polyamory seems much less common than swinging. My impression is that the situation is reversed (or both things are more evenly balanced) on the west coast.

Status
    Couple - she posts
    SLS Handle
    km34

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    I'm very new here, and came as a poly fellow interested in exploring the lifestyle. I've been married for 20 years, and spent the last 9 years slowly getting into polyamory. I have a lovely girlfriend and my spouse has a boyfriend. My spouse is done adding others to her life right now, but I'm open to new relationships (romance or just play).

Here in Connecticut polyamory seems much less common than swinging. My impression is that the situation is reversed (or both things are more evenly balanced) on the west coast.
    How long have you and your girlfriend been together?

I have found that a lot of people around here don't use the term "swinger" even when they are doing what we would generally consider swinging, so I have met more self-proclaimed polyamorists than I have self-proclaimed swingers. I'd say activity-wise, however, it's probably pretty equal. That's just my experience, though.

Status
    Married Poly Male

My girlfriend and I have been together about ten months. We date pretty regularly (most Tuesdays, and the occasional Thursday or overnight). We also work together , so we see each other a lot.

At risk of getting you into controvercial waters, what do you see as some of the differences or nuances between the swinger and poly communities where you live? You have mentioned that you like the poly community more where you are.

I ask because I really haven't found either community yet where I live. Part of that is due to me-- I have a number of interests (scuba, biking, astronomy, etc.) that take a lot of my time and don't bring me into contact with many poly or swinging folk. I am not party oriented, either. I do socialize with the Burning Man community (even hit up some orgy events in BRC), but I have not yet joined what I felt was a 'community'.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5