anetrnlov

Kissing with Your Eyes Closed

Do You Kiss With Your Eyes Closed?  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Kiss With Your Eyes Closed?

• Yes, I always kiss with my eyes closed.
    • No, I never kiss with my eyes closed.
    • I sometimes kiss with my eyes closed.
    • You know, I never paid any attention.

I got to thinking about why do people kiss with their eyes close? I know I do it but I honestly cannot think of a reason why.

To me, kissing is about the senses of touch, taste and to some extent smell. I close my eyes to concentrate on those... :kissface:

I like to kiss with my eyes closed, but when I am still in the seduction phase I really like to kiss with my eyes open. I like to see the arousal in his eyes....

Kiss!

• Like 1

When I was younger I thought it was just what you were supposed to do. Like there was some written law that said you had to kiss with your eyes closed, lol. But when my husband and I started dating I never did, I couldn't take my eyes off of him! After he started noticing it made him a little paranoid, so I started closing my eyes again.

Sometimes I do and I think it's just to block out everything else. But sometimes I want to look at the person I'm kissing, so eyes open.

I go back and forth. Mostly I think I have my eyes closed. Similar to what Brad says, there's a lot of other stuff to soncetrate on.

Sometimes I peek out though... just for a second or two.

I voted Open all the time, I like to look at my SO and see his reactions to my touches and kisses, He on the other hand is always a Closed Eyed Kisser, He says that he wants to focus on what hes doing and not be disrtacted by anything around him

My wife always kisses with her eyes closed, but I on the other hand tend to keep my eyes open to see what her reactions are and her body movement during the kiss. It also let me know if she going to bed to sleep or wants me to join her. :lol:

I always kiss with my eyes closed. Hubby keeps his open. He also said he likes to see my reactions and body movement. He tried to close them, but could not help himself and opened them. He never shuts them any more.

When I am with my husband making love my eyes are closed, if it's just the two of us having sex or were are playing with out friends they are open.

I kind of get turned on when I see my husband kissing or when he sees me kissing another women his eyes just light up ... guess I like to watch other peoples reaction.

I go back and forth ... it just depends on the mood, moment, type of sex. When I close my eyes it's like the others mentioned I want to block everything else out and get lost in the experience. Let my other senses take over (can be very erotic). Kind of the 'blind fold' effect. Most of the time though with Mr Spoo they're open. I like to see his reactions and other times I just get lost in his eyes and take in what he is doing to me. I don't need to see the facial expressions I can see what he is feeling, thinking and enjoying about the moment in his eyes. :kissface:

Okay I have to go and grab him now.

I go back and forth.

If I'm romantically involved I close them when I start kissing and then open them. I love being that close and looking so deeply into the eyes of someone I care about.

If I'm playing I kind of go with what the other person is doing until we find a comfort level.

With MrLM I kiss both ways.

I used to always kiss my play partner with my eyes closed until I had a lover who kissed with his eyes open...I guess I must have had mine open long enough to notice. It was great looking into his eyes once I discovered his preference. It was incredibly powerful for me.

I now try to include the open-eyed kiss with other partners, but kissing with eyes open isn't something you can force on someone. They either pick up on it and like it or go cross-eyed trying to do it.

I like to kiss with both open and closed eyes. I can't really give a reason for either, sometimes when I'm lost in a kiss and my eyes are closed I will actually lose my balance....yeah that's getting lost in a kiss. Sometimes I like to open my eyes while I kiss and touch. It lets me lean things from a partner. I wish I were an octopus and had a few extra limbs. I'm very touchy-feely while kissing. so I need to open my eyes to see if she is receptive to my touch or not. Some people are just too ticklish and I want the moment to last not end so I like to check signs of receptiveness.

I got to thinking about this when I saw Roxys avtar...why do people kiss with their eyes closed?
I do it because my eyes won't focus on anything that close to my face anyway...

LikeMinds321 said:
They either pick up on it and like it or go cross-eyed trying to do it.

LOL, :lol:

I was going to say that. Dog asked me once to open my eyes while he was kissing me. It didn't take long before I had to close them again because my eyes were hurting me. He was to close to focus on properly.

I (Bad One) think that when two people kiss with their eyes open they'll realize they look like two pitbulls trying to mull each other :) That's why we kiss with our eyes closed.

I think we close our eyes most of the time.

Sometimes, though, we talk while making love. Our nibbling lips will stay lightly in contact, our tongues active, cock stirring pussy. Somehow the words manage to come out, at least clear enough to be understood. It's a great time to communicate. We look into each others eyes when doing that.

I don't think either of us has ever done this with playmates. I don't know why not. It would certainly be a lot of fun and we could get to know them better.

Mr. Alura

When I close my eyes, I do it AFTER we started the kiss... because I am afraid to bite her nose otherwise :lol:

It deppends on my mood, sometimes I close my eyes to focus on the other senses involved, sometimes I enjoy watching the reactions or peeking around (for example, becuse I am doing something else along the kissing and need feedback, or because we're into our exhibitionistic mood and teasing people around us).

I do both but I close them mostly because people look pretty funny when they are that close up... :lol:

If you keep your eyes open you will go cross eyed and get a headache. Kinda off subject but next time you sneeze see if you can keep your eyes open.

We alternately open or close our eyes, it's like a rythm because she knows I like watching her when we kiss :rolleyes:

I usually close my eyes. But sometimes I open them to see what wifey is doing. Or to see if the cat is staring at us...

It's hard to concentrate with Trouble sitting and staring at us like, what the hell are you two doing now? And you're doing it wrong.

But I think a real big kiss calls for eyes closed. Multiple check kisses and little tiny lip kisses don't require eyes closed. In fact, since your going in multiple times, eyes closed might cause you to miss.

I do both but I close them mostly because people look pretty funny when they are that close up... :lol:

Yep! I forgot to add: we both sometimes do this on purpose to meet the hidden Cyclopes each other have inside! :lol:

Try it and you'll find out yourselves!

Sometimes I keep my eyes closed but I love to keep them open too. I love to look at the person I am kissing, it just adds to the whole experience. Makes it more erotic in a way.

(husband)

For any worthy kiss my eyes are closed. Little pecks and kissing anywhere but the lips they're open. Like some others have mentioned I really enjoy seeing the body movements of my wife and how she's reacting to what I'm doing.

Both. It's very sexy with the eyes open, but it hurts after a while and too hard to focus on something so close for too long. Eyes closed is also very erotic.

I guess kissing is just damn good, eyes open or closed.

Do you kiss with your eyes closed?

I just sat her making the kissy face and I realized it's a really uncomfortable face to make with your eyes open. Granted open-mouth kissing requires a different face, which makes it a bit easier to keep your eyes open, but don't we typically start with the kissy face...and probably then with our eyes closed (for comfort) then (for me) when I open them I see all this other stuff going on around me, so I close them back to return to just the kissing (cuz it's usually more fun than what I'm surrounded by).

I go back and forth also I kiss with my eyes close when its intimate and I have a connection with the person. However at a lifestyle party I keep them open, I dont want to miss anything.

Interesting question. The answer is mostly closed. I tried the kissy face test, and without even thinking about it my eyes automatically closed before I even got a good pucker going. I do sometimes intentionally open them just to check out the visuals though.

I usually kiss with my eyes closed, the better to concentrate on how things feel and taste. And, yeah, even before I reached full pucker, my eyes were shut. :)

Mainly eyes open. My wife gets turned on by my kisses and I enjoy seeing the effect on her.

This is why I kiss with my eyes open and closed. Sometimes I like letting the mind go where it wants to, and that, is best done with closed eyes. Other times I really enjoy watching her reactions. What is interesting though is the effect it has on her. Sometimes she finds my looking at her distracting. Other times she doesn't seem to care either way. She always kisses with her eyes closed and so have all of our playmates. Do any of you find it distracting if your partner kisses with their eyes open?

We go back and forth with this. I would say mostly closed but every once in a while it is very erotic to look into each others eyes during a lustful kiss.

We always or almost always have our eyes closed. While I realize there is something to be said for the occasional glance into each others eyes while Mrs. Fours and I kiss (being the window to one's soul...yadda, yadda), but most of the time it is simply too distracting. Not only do I think is it a reflex to close one's eyes when something is close to them, like say another face, but it makes it harder to concentrate on the tactile sensation of the kiss itself.

In fact, the few times we have tried to sustain a kiss with open eyes, we found ourselves more amused than randy for some reason and would eventually break contact in hysterics :kissface:.

Ok, bumping up original question for those who haven't answered yet, and then a new one...

Does whether you kiss with eyes open or shut depend on who you are with?

I kiss both ways, eyes open and shut, but thinking about it more, I'm more likely to be eyes open the more comfortable I am with someone.  Maybe it's because with someone new, especially for those first kisses, you don't want to freak them out if they cheat and open their eyes for a quick peek (which I think most probably do), and there you are staring right at them from inches away?