• lubricated with noxil 9
    • sheepskin
    • magnum
    • non latex
    • ribbed any kind
    • traditional no receptical
    • ultra thin
    • bare back and love it

We use a condom put out by Trojan with a desensitizing gel on it. I am allergic to non oxydol 9 so we have to find one that doesn't have that.

My girlfriend and I have been together long enough that we don't use condoms anymore (we stopped using them long ago). I answered the poll based on what we used to use, and what I'd use if we swing. I'm allergic to nonoxynol-9--it burns my urethra--so I avoid it.

We tried some with desensitizing stuff a couple of weeks ago. After intercourse I went down on her and within a minute or two my lips and tongue were numb! :eek: It made for a good laugh... and still makes me giggle to myself.

HEY! There's no selection for flavored! My sweetie prefers them to be used so when things get back to the oral stage she doesn't have to taste latex or lube....

Dh and I don't use anything and I haven't been in a situation where one was necessary. I plan to get the non-lubed kind because I use Probe lube - which has absolutely no taste. I'd rather have that than icky lube taste or icky fake-berry tasting crap. But then, I'm rather oral, so that's extremely important to me. You still have the latex thing going on, but it's not as bad as the ick lube.

-Courtney

When I do use condoms, I tend to go with something that is ultrathin and lubricated with nonoxynol-9. Lifestyles makes one that I like a lot. Regular rubbers leave me with no feeling whatsoever which makes sex less fun for me.

The vaunted 'Trojan' brand is finally available in the UK (so I read somewhere). I think I'm going to have to pay a visit to the local pharmacy and check out what optional extras are now available to British penises.

;)

Mr. Evil definitely prefers the ultra thin. Personally I hate them, the smell, the taste, everything about them..ick ::P: ...ah well you gotta do what you gotta do....

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried the "female condom"? I'm not talking about the dental dams either. I mean the kind that are inserted in the vaginal. I heard about them on Talk Sex With Sue and i heard (on her show) how they were very easy to use. You can put them in up to 24 hours (i think) before you actually get down to it. It seems to me like that would be an answer to a lot of problems with males not wanting to desensitize their weapon.

I guess some women wouldn't want to use them for various reasons, but, for intercourse they might be just the ticket for others. I suppose if I'm going to recommend something i should try it. Then i could give it my own personal # hot chili peppers on the scale of try it or don't bother, huh?

Anyway, if any of you tried them, please let me know what you thought. Were they worth the effort on the road to safer sex?

We don't use condoms with each other but when we play with others he wears the lubricated Trojan Magnums. I'm allergic to condoms and figured it was the latex, but after seeing so many ladies allergic to the nonoxil-9 :(

I use the baseline Trojan series. I use prophylaxis for situations when there is a question about hygiene or when my partner can't or won't tell me the last time he or she was tested for STDs or AIDS. Otherwise, folks who have their act together, I'll ride bareback. :D

I have Major Issues with condoms drying me out and leaving me Irritated even with all the lube in the world BUT I have found RIA ultra Sensitive Lubed Seems to be the best for me when we play with others. and a TON of extra lube

We use Durex Ultra Thin...Sometimes with, sometimes without nonoxynyl-9. Depends on if the store has the spermicide ones..

Various flavored for oral according to her preferences.

Mrs. FC4L carries trojan enz as a generic "just in case".

I use "They Fit" condoms from condomania. They are sooo much better. I'll use trojan enz for short term stuff and to protect toys or something but any extended play on me results in breakage.

We don't use N9 because of our most frequent play partners. He's so allergic to it that if I use a condom with N9 and then he does his wife bareback, he will get a rash from navel to knees. It's just not worth trying to keep them separate. :(

littlebit54 said:
Just wondering if anyone has ever tried the "female condom"? I'm not talking about the dental dams either. I mean the kind that are inserted in the vaginal. I heard about them on Talk Sex With Sue and i heard (on her show) how they were very easy to use. You can put them in up to 24 hours (i think) before you actually get down to it. It seems to me like that would be an answer to a lot of problems with males not wanting to desensitize their weapon.

I guess some women wouldn't want to use them for various reasons, but, for intercourse they might be just the ticket for others. I suppose if I'm going to recommend something i should try it. Then i could give it my own personal # hot chili peppers on the scale of try it or don't bother, huh?

Anyway, if any of you tried them, please let me know what you thought. Were they worth the effort on the road to safer sex?

I tried female condoms several times with a very patient lady (I was having stamina problems). They were difficult to find in stores. They went into her vagina without too much difficulty, but the opening was over-large (almost like a funnel). During sex they were slightly more cumbersome than regular condoms but not much. You certainly could not insert 24 hours ahead of time though!

i like the size to fit custom ones that you can order online thru condomania,,, when a condom actually fits I actually don't mind wearing them,,, its when they are too tight, which is usually the case, that i dislike them.

I, (amanda) have a rather nasty Latex allergy so it is non-latex codoms all the way. They really only come in one size, one color and are quite expensive.

When I first started swinging 7 years ago the crowd I was introduced to were all doing bareback and many to this day still do.

The excuses I hear are that they "know" the crowd they swing with so feel safe. Problem is it just takes one to stray outside of the group and to bring an STD or HIV in, then it travels through the "safe" group.

I have also recently seen an article on teens and condoms. They were asking if they were using them. The response from many teens was since condoms come in so many colors, flavors etc...they are seeing them as "toys", and not a serious thing. Hence often not using them. Scary eh?! :eek:

Trojan Magnum XL is the only condom I've found that allows me to have a 50/50 chance of staying hard; the others seem like tourniquets. I wish they were made thinner... :sad:

As far as not using them with other partners.... :kissface:...No kiss 'n' tell here.

I like em lubricated but don't put anything made out of latex anywhere near me if it has nonoxynol on it or no one will be touching me there for a while. Something about the combination of those two things, I seem to be allergic to.

JustAskJulie said:
I like em lubricated but don't put anything made out of latex anywhere near me if it has nonoxynol on it or no one will be touching me there for a while. Something about the combination of those two things, I seem to be allergic to.

Hey Julie,

Just a quick question. I have seen this now from a number of ladies and well I still don't know what nonoxynol is. :D I guess I will have to look at my condoms and make sure that they don't have them.

Sorry off track...my question was, do you bring your own and make sure that your playmate uses them or do you look at theirs before hand? I ask because again I currently have no idea what that is and well I would hate to accidentally bring unwanted discomfort to a playmate of mine if she were like you and I didn't know about it.

For meeting with a new couple, I'll use a magnum. I prefer to build trust and have very few partners to eventually allow me to go bare back.

HEY! There's no selection for flavored! My sweetie prefers them to be used so when things get back to the oral stage she doesn't have to taste latex or lube....

I love to go down on a woman after she has cum but I hate the condom taste. So my favorite has been paradise ultra thin. They are thin which is always good & they have a lube with a light flavor that just eliminates the condom taste but doesn't overwhelm her taste. The new mint tingle is nice also but the flavor is stronger & they're not as thin.

I'm with the allergic to latex and nonoxynol-9 ladies. Hubby and I don't use them on our own(I have an IUD), but we use them with playpartners. We always bring our own and warn potential playmates ahead of time, so they don't try to slip the wrong stuff in :nono:

I have had a hard time finding a decent kind. For daily driving I use Trojan Magnum XLs, but I wanted to try some others. I ordered some beyond 7 from condomania. Way too tight. My dick falls asleep just like my feet do when I sit in a recliner. I also got some Crown skinless skins, because everyone I've talked to swears by them. Eh, not so much. They too seemed a little too tight.

I just bought some Lifestyles ultra sensitive, but have not yet road-tested them. I'm going up to play with my girl-toy on Monday, so I will make an evaluation after that.

Once we have both been fixed, there is a good chance we will be going bareback with select, close friends. But for now, we will suffer through.

I chose ultra thin because we prefer those. We also like to use flavoured so that we can switch to oral after penetration if we want. Having said that, if we're not using flavoured it won't stop me from taking him back in my mouth.

We sometimes like to use black condoms. We think they add something extra and create a contrast between condom and, er, pussy.

Personally I like ribbed condoms turned inside out for my own pleasure......lol, j/k. We used sheepskin back in the day when wife could still get pregnant due to a N9 allergy. However when we go out an play we use either durex or trojans non N9. Just can't be too safe anymore. We do have hopes to someday find a couple where we need not use them but that will take a long time probably, everything will have to work out perfectly.

Well Kiba and i stopped using condoms awhile a go but we do have some for our friendly encounters :D We use ultra thins if that is all we have, but most the time we use magnums, most normal condoms just hurt him too much.

Ultra thin condoms with strangers.

Bareback with each other and friends, or strangers with a STD test certificate.

We just discovered and test ran Contempo Bareback - they were recommended by a friend. Hubby gives them two thumbs up :)

We just discovered and test ran Contempo Bareback -
Just discovered this brand myself. Also recommended to me by an acquaintance. Used in three different positions, never came close to falling off but so light, I had to look once or twice to be sure it was still there. I give it high marks.

We bought a bunch (like 72?) at condomdepot.com use promo code lovebug for 12% off and it's free shipping right now too. It was less than $40.

We just discovered and test ran Contempo Bareback - they were recommended by a friend. Hubby gives them two thumbs up:)

We will have to check these out. We've had some friends suggest the new Durex Her Pleasure, saying they are great for his pleasure as well (and evidently they smell like bubblegum).

Pet has been using/liking Lifestyles Skyn non-latex for a while, and I've had no complaints.

We are having problems with this one! Magnums are a tad too big, but not by much. Beyond 7 fit great but have N9 which has recently given us quite a scare thinking we had an STD...turned out to be a UTI (urinary tract infection from the additive). Now we are on to Durex which doesn't use N9, but is too snug. UGG! There is an unpleasant smell with the latex in the ultra thin Durex brand too. Back to the store! I think we need a LG. Polyurethane non-N9 brand. Any suggestions? Need them...like tonight!

Skyn are polyisoprene and do not have nonoxynol 9. There is a regular and a large size.

No one should be using nonoxynol 9. It is really terrible for mucous membranes and increases transmission of HIV. I can't believe it's still on the market.

I have been using Trojan Supra for years. Non-latex and no reactions from any of my partners.

I'm V-safe, and have been for 18 yrs, and although I hate condoms, I understand that they are a necessary "evil" in this LS, so...

I never thought of myself as large, but I always found other condoms to be very uncomfortable, so...

Trojan_Magnum_Thin_Condoms_Wrapper.jpg