good times

How long do you want the actual intercourse to last?

What is the optimum length of time from insertion until climax?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. What is the optimum length of time from insertion until climax?

• I am a woman - 10 Minutes or less.
    • I am a woman - 10 to 20 minutes.
    • I am a woman - 20 to 30 minutes.
    • I am a woman - 30 minutes or more.
    • Does not matter to me.
    • I am a man - 10 Minutes or less.
    • I am a man - 10 to 20 minutes.
    • I am a man - 20 to 30 minutes.
    • I am a man - 30 minutes or more.

At the regular on-premise club we attend, their is a single male in his mid twenties who has established a reputation for being able to go a long time. He will regularly pump away for 45 minutes and has been known to go on for as much as 2 hours. We were recently having lunch with some swinger friends and the subject came up of how long is too long. It seems that some people have the belief that longer is better. But the consensus among the three women at lunch was that they would much rather have a guy who had an orgasm after ten or fifteen minutes and then came back later for seconds than someone who pumped away for 30 minutes or more.

So, my question is, excluding foreplay, from the time of actual insertion, how long is the optimum time before reaching climax?

If we are referring to the man's climax, I'd prefer 10-15 minutes as an average and up 30 minutes if it's all that and a bag of Cheetos. No thanks on much longer than that! Give me a repeat performance in an hour, instead!

I voted 20-30 because I am a slave to the hype...

:D

Actually - I enjoy being inside my partner and enjoying them - I don't go after it like a piece of machinery. Well - maybe sometimes...

I have had those times when I have gone WAY too long. I actually did the two hour thing once and I kind of felt sorry for the woman I was with. She was a good sport, but we haven't played with them since... Gee - wonder why :rolleyes:

I like the connection created during penetration. It is not just physical. It is powerful, being inside and even not moving. Face to face, shared gaze and kissing. There is a lot of erotic fun that can happen during penetration with little stroking. ....and then sometimes in for a while and then sometimes out for a while, but mostly or often in.

I can see where the men who just do the railroad locomotive thing, non-stop, for 45 minutes would be too much. Being connected by penetration is, or can be, a graceful, erotic, and even very, very slow dance.

I vote for a long time, or long times, separated by touching, kissing, licking, pleasuring, and hopefully no orgasm for me, as it leaves me wanting more.

I have to admit, I was one of those guys that would go a quite a while, not over thirty minutes recently. I also thought that, longer time was better. But this guy at the club has prompted a lot of people to talk about it, and I am curious if what the women at the club are telling me is generally true. And that is that my idea of the optimum time was longer than most womens. It seems when talkiing about it that most guys are surprised that the women would just as soon we were a little faster. Don't get me wrong, the women seem to complain much more if the guy is to fast (haven't met a woman yet that likes a two minute man) but it seems like their is a middle ground that most women like, so I think the poll will be interesting. I seperated for men and women to see if we are on the same page or if it is as I fear, we men don't have a clue again.:)

Hope I didn't taint the poll now by giving my reasons.

I personally am in the "less then 10 minute" category to the first orgasm, but I also have zero recovery time and then can keep going after that, so 20 to 30 minutes for intercourse is probably about average for me.

As far as Mrs. WS? She prefers less then 30 minutes. She can have orgasms very easily and is multi-orgasmic, so too much and it just starts to get aggravating for her. She puts is as "once the itch is scratched I don't need it scratched some more." :lol:

Oh have I been there!! I had a boyfriend once .....waaaayyy back when. I was in my early 20's and that man could last for literally hours.

It was fun the first time....then it just got down right painful. I kept wondering if he was ever going to finish....then I prayed he would finish....eventually I would have to ask him if he was almost about done....you know things don't always stay so lubricated after hours and hours.

As far as how long...well, provided the foreplay was good ;) , I think it depends on the guy, with some I can do 30 minutes without blinking an eye if he keeps me interested and excited...others I am happy with the 15 minutes and then back for seconds.

Well having had this discuss NUMEROUS :rolleyes: times between Mrs. Menage and myself after a fun filled evening of swinging we will both conclude that a good 10-20 minutes and coming back for seconds ::P: and thirds is much better and definitely more enjoyable than a marathon session with the guy who thinks we are there to prep him for the Iron man competition of non-stop :fun: .

With that being said - the occasional all night fuck session is always fun too........but even those are never an all night non-stop flight...

After 30 min, the wife kicks me out of the play ground :lol:

I used to be able to go for hours and after a while, just dried her out.

That was pretty funny... :lol:

15 minutes is enough... :cool:

I used to be able to go for hours and after a while, just dried her out.

LOL at that... I've been known to say - "anytime you'd like to come would be fine with me". I finally had to break it to the spouse that it just doesn't need to last all night. I may be a multi-O kind of gal, but like Mrs. WS says, "once the itch is scratched"... I am not interested in breaking some Guiness Book record.

I voted 20-30 for the simple reason, that is the norm here around the house. I will say, however the Mrs has always said anything over 30-45 min is a waste. I always thought her span to be a little on the minimun side.........WAS I EVER WRONG !! Nice little twist, allows me to take the (self-induced) pressure off!

Thanks for the educational poll

OK, so I have to be honest with this answer; "it depends" (don’t you hate that answer). When with the wife, she has a hard climax and I mean down right, knocks your sox off, and she clamps down hard...so she wants is "over quickly"...that's a 10min deal. With our steady swing partner, she is just the other way, lots of quick little ones, and she likes a long 30 min or longer secession, so longer play is better for her...oh and after they are done, the repeat secession all need to longer.

Depends on my mood.

Most times, especially if I am the initiator, I want it longer. 30-45 minutes of actual penetration.

If I am kinda sorta, eh, 'Okay, baby, if you really wanna' about getting it on, then 10-15 minutes is better. (Hey, man! I got stuff to do!)

I fell into the average range on the poll 10 to twenty minutes.

I am not sure about Mrs HArry she does not lube as long as she used to so needs help sometimes. When I am with a partner though I don't go non stop for twenty minutes rather I will stroke faster and then excrutiatingly slow. or in fast slow out, vice versa then pull out and do some oral and so on. Seems to work.

Well, to ME "long" is a man that can cum and still keep going without breaking stride. :fun:

The second time around (if he doesn't stop to reload) usually stretches his endurance to around 45 minutes or so. After a while, long quickly becomes TOO long unless there is a break for a few minutes or else I am in a MFM where there is a partner change. Anything to re-peak the interest, or change the "feeling" is like starting all over again for me.

In a situation where there is varied partners or definite position changes, long becomes VERY long..... :lol:

That's true, it is very subjective. Mrs. WS orgasms pretty easy and as she says "once the itch has been scratched, you want them to stop scratching it." :lol: For that reason, sometimes she wishes some of her longer lasting playmates didn't last so long. Yet other women like getting pounded for 20 minutes straight with no break.

45 minutes???????????, 15 minutes???????????? I take it these time constraints are for play partners, not husbands and wives, or SO and SO?

If I don't get at least an hour of lovemaking with my wife, I feel cheated. Of course, that hour is consumed by a lot of foreplay. We're firm believers in the "journey"!

It depends on what happens after they blow a fuse. If a person can still get me off after they cum, it doesn't really matter to me how long it takes them.

Guest MrsVan

"Long Lasting" for me would be any guy that could out due me :lol: Whether I am in a MFM, with MrVan or another playmate I can orgasm over and over again and never miss a beat and because of that I can go for a long time. Our play sessions with other couples/singles could go between an hour to two hours and after that I am still ready for more. It would take a lot to wear my ass out, and I have had single guys say that they had to stop cause they could not go anymore cause I had wore them out and they just could not believe that I was still wanting more. ;)

Guess it is just that firy redhead in me :lol:

The only problem I run into is if I wait too long I can actually get too worn out to finish, it sucks when that happens. :o

:iagree:

That happens to me sometimes too, and it really sucks. I had one woman who was put off by that...she felt like it was her fault that I didn't get off. It took G's confirming that it sometimes happens when I'm with her too to relax her about that.

We saw a post on one of the swingers listings and it said the male needed to be "long lasting".

That is a very relative term. Long lasting for some could be way too short. Long lasting for other could be way too long. Does anyone have any thoughts or comments on this one?

Dito what Mrs. Van said, for me. I can keep going and going, as long as the man/men have the stamina to keep on going.

"Long lasting" isn't just the length of time of the pumping action. No, an hour or two of non-stop thrusting would not be good! Long lasting, for me, is the duration of the entire play session, including multiple position changes and partner changes, and interjecting other things like oral play into the play session at different points. Our play isn't ever just plain straight swap, it's 3 or 4 people engaging in a variety of activities and changing things around as we go. :)

Most of our partners have done fine and I have fun, but don't usually have the duration or stamina that Mr. Tybee has, so I'm always glad to finish with my hubby or have more time together with him very soon after we play with others.

Here's an example of definitely NOT long lasting: Our first full swap was with a couple where the man was Mr. Quickie. When he was done he was just done - no more interest in what was going on. His sexual interest meter went down to zero immediately after ejaculation. He went and turned on the TV in the hotel room and watched sports, seeming bored with what was happening in the room after he got off! I joined in with his wife and my hubby, and we kept going for an hour or so more. Um....we didn't play with them anymore after that. :lol:

I get a newsletter emailed to me from RealAge.com often. Just this morning, I got one that seemed to be saying that the typical sex episode is only 2 - 6 minutes long!!! :eek::sad: Quickies are fine when a quickie is needed at home, but...a regular diet of that would leave me starving for more. LOL

Here's part of that RealAge article:

•All About YOU: On the Move and In the Mood

Is something slowing down your sex life?

One episode of sex lasting 20 to 30 minutes can burn 300 calories -- the equivalent of running 3 miles. But the usual episode of 2 to 6 minutes uses only 25 calories (a quarter of a mile). If you cannot walk up and down two flights of stairs without stopping, it's a sign that you've got a problem that most likely will affect your sex life. Get fitter -- and friskier -- with fast walks, daily swims, and other on-the-move activities.

I have a question for you multiple orgasm women...when should the guy stop?

For instance, with Mrs. Truelove she tends to be a single orgasm women and then she is done no desire to keep going. (not every time, but most) So when I am with her my goal is to outlast her, and then I have my orgasm preferable simultaneously or shortly thereafter.

So anyway, when I am swinging with a multiple orgasmic woman, how long should I hold it? There's times when I have been able to hold it for what seemed like a long time, but I don't want anyone laying there thinking, "God I wish this guy would cum already so we could finish already."

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sound like Mr. Stamina. I've lasted a wide variety of times. I try not to be quick, but sometimes those buttons get pushed. But I like to think I have a substantial amount of self control.

Odd question I guess. But the thread made me think about it.

Mr. Truelove said:

Gosh, this is a good question, but a tough one to answer because each woman is so different. I guess I can only speak for myself.

I don't think at all about when the man should pop his cork. It doesn't matter to me. I just want the fun to keep on going until everybody is done. I can come many times - I never know how many, I don't count mine. I know I love variety in sex, and love to enjoy several different positions with my play partner. At least three would be nice, but more would be nicer. :) I hear that when men are in the process of changing positions, that gives them enough of a break in the play to last longer, rather than losing it too soon, as with one continuous motion. So, I guess the variety itself can make things last longer.

It seems that when we've played with longer lasting couples (meaning long play sessions), people don't stop just because the men had their orgasms. Things get re-started. There are breaks, but maybe a couple of the people are still going while a couple of others are on break. LOL! Hmmmm....maybe after the women have come a few times, and the men once each, and they're on a brief break, the girls start back to playing around. Pretty soon, the men are getting heated up again. I love giving head, and if there's a dick around when I'm that heated up, I'm looking to get it in my mouth. I go down on my hubby, the other guy, whoever's handy. Maybe both, if I can arrange it. ;) I'm not concerned with the hardness of it, I just love to suck it regardless of what state it's in. Everybody just seems to keep on going.

My hubby normally comes about twice in a play session lasting at least 2 hours, but last time, he came three times. He hasn't always been that way, I think this is an acquired thing with him. I'll have to ask him about it, and see if he can explain it first-hand. But with my hubby, even if there was only one orgasm for him in the whole night, he doesn't just stop after that. He'll start eating a pussy, he'll be caressing and kissing one of us girls, one of us will be sucking him, just whatever. Now that I think about it, he never stops until the women just completely stop, hobble off to the bathroom, pass out, or whatever. :lol: I guess that his cue is, it's not over until the ladies say so. There is so much more to swinging, to us, than when the guy orgasms, or how many.

Mr. Truelove said:
when I am swinging with a multiple orgasmic woman, how long should I hold it?

The genuine answer to your question is that it doesn't matter to me when you come, as long as you hopefully do, and hopefully when you're ready to. You don't have to "hold it" for a certain moment as far as I'm concerned, and you certainly don't have to stop the activity after that, just because you came.

Mr. Truelove said:
There's times when I have been able to hold it for what seemed like a long time, but I don't want anyone laying there thinking, "God I wish this guy would cum already so we could finish already."

I can't imagine thinking this thought just because he was longlasting. The only way I'd be having this thought is if he were a horrible lover, somebody I didn't like, just the whole swinging-gone-wrong thing...but that's not likely, if I'm having sex with a guy, it's because I like him and things are going great. :) Now, if I was just getting physically irritated from friction? I'd grab the lube (we always have some in case we need it), and possibly change the position to one that was more comfortable for me. But so far I haven't been worn out by a sex session.

Guest MrsVan
Mr. Truelove said:

Wow this is a tough question.....But I guess for me because I have multiple orgasms it does not come across my mind that I want the guy to be finished..MrVan makes me go for a looooonnnngggg time and I never complain (unless it is a night where I am not feeling so great) but I like the guy to take his time with me so that I do not feel rushed. I want the guy to enjoy me as well as allow me to enjoy him. ;) Switching up and changing positions allows for the one receiving to relax after many orgasms.

I do not want the man to ever feel that he needs to give, and give and never allow me to give because I love oral just like the next woman.

Tybee Swing said:
Dito what Mrs. Van said, for me. I can keep going and going, as long as the man/men have the stamina to keep on going.

"Long lasting" isn't just the length of time of the pumping action. No, an hour or two of non-stop thrusting would not be good! Long lasting, for me, is the duration of the entire play session, including multiple position changes and partner changes, and interjecting other things like oral play into the play session at different points.

Dito For me too. I am multi-orgasmic and can go for quite a long time but I also don't want someone just doing a thrusting marathon on me and thinking that's it. I like to change positions, change partners, pile playmates :D ... well you get the idea. The ideal playmate would be a guy who isn't time conscience but just ready to have fun and enjoy each other. Who wants to just go exploring and let me do the same.

In answer to Mr.Trueloves question I'm like Mrs Van I can pretty much out last my playmates especially if we are changing up positions. That gives me a break after several orgasms and then I can keep going again. Although Spoo has worn me out to the point where I had to stop him :kissface: He's a tenacious Purple Monkey :D Of course once Spoo and I get home then we start all over again just the two of us.

When we are with each other whether it's after work or after a play date we never look at the clock or think about time. We just get into each other and have fun... it can take an hour or two or three. Hmmm, sometimes all night since Spoo happens to have a very short refractory time ;)

Tybee Swing said:
Here's an example of definitely NOT long lasting: Our first full swap was with a couple where the man was Mr. Quickie. When he was done he was just done - no more interest in what was going on. His sexual interest meter went down to zero immediately after ejaculation. He went and turned on the TV in the hotel room and watched sports, seeming bored with what was happening in the room after he got off! I joined in with his wife and my hubby, and we kept going for an hour or so more. Um....we didn't play with them anymore after that. :lol:

We had one of these experiences too. Thank goodness only one though. We were at the club and Spoo really hit it off with the wife so we played a game of pool with them. We flirted and made "sexual favors bets" and then headed up to a room to play. Spoo and the wife go at each other and I swear the husband removes his clothes, one at a time and folds each item very carefully on the chair (everyone elses were on the floor :D ). He does the required kissing, rubbing, oral and then when I give him a :bj: he finishes and he is done!! Goes over and gets dressed and sits on the chair. It maybe lasted all of 15 min and that included the folding of the clothes. Needless to say I joined Spoo and the wife for a fairly long and fun play session. We didn't see them again either.

First off, sorry about the thread hijack.

After hearing these responses though it seems I feel my question is rather dumb. It just ran through my head that it would be natural to me to keep playing. The whole, Okay I'm done and I am going to go sit by the TV while you finish does not appeal to me at all. Afterall, we're there for all those involved. I think I need to simply stop worrying about how I am performing, and just focus on being there, and having a good time with everyone.

Thanks for the replies.

Mr. Truelove said:
I think I need to simply stop worrying about how I am performing, and just focus on being there, and having a good time with everyone.

Yes, you do...

BUT - you are doing EXACTLY what most considerate swing husbands do. You aren't asking how to become the world's greatest lover (you already have that position, just ask Mrs TL ;) ) - you're just asking how to make the most out of your partner's experience. That is pretty cool - and says a lot about just how fine you'll be.

You already have the one thing that I am convinced is impossible to teach an inconsiderate playmate - you actually give a poop. You either have that, or you don't... And it is the first, best skill ;)

And - at the risk of sounding less than humble - it is the reason I end up in a fair amount of MFFs with Mr. "Wham-Bam-Thank-You-Ma'am" sitting in the chair watching me and Mrs Spoo enjoy his wife :D You'll be surprised how few men out there have that one basic skill - so pat yourself on the back, relax a bit and have a nice cold one on me (you have to pay for it).

Spoomonkey said:

You already have the one thing that I am convinced is impossible to teach an inconsiderate playmate - you actually give a poop. You either have that, or you don't... And it is the first, best skill ;)

And - at the risk of sounding less than humble - it is the reason I end up in a fair amount of MFFs with Mr. "Wham-Bam-Thank-You-Ma'am" sitting in the chair watching me and Mrs Spoo enjoy his wife :D You'll be surprised how few men out there have that one basic skill - so pat yourself on the back, relax a bit and have a nice cold one on me (you have to pay for it).

Sorry to totally derail this thread and I know you really were talking to Mr. TL but this got my attention......

We had this happen with our last playmates. Not really the first time with them, but the last two times. He actually fell asleep on the bed while hubby, myself and his wife were still playing. I just can't imagine my hubby doing this at all!!! Don't get me wrong, it was fine that he does it. We had a great time before that, but I would thing he would not want to miss out on all the fun. :confused: Or should I wonder if I was leaving him out. It was kind of weird.

So, I guess my question is... does this happen to a lot of people?

AZ Dreaming said:

Wow... We've had our flakes before, but never that. It doesn't sound like you took as being flakey, just unique. And I suppose if he was entertaining while awake - and then comfortable enough to sleep while your other three had a good time (high five Mr. AZ for me, will ya?) I wouldn't worry too much about it.

You must just be a hand full :drool: You wore him out! :cheer:

I've always sort of suspected as much about you...

Honestly - what you describe wouldn't bug us. As long as he isn't a dud and Mrs Spoo enjoys him, we'd let him snooze.

AZ Dreaming said:
He actually fell asleep on the bed while hubby, myself and his wife were still playing. I just can't imagine my hubby doing this at all!!! Don't get me wrong, it was fine that he does it. We had a great time before that, but I would thing he would not want to miss out on all the fun. :confused: Or should I wonder if I was leaving him out. It was kind of weird.

So you are saying that as soon as he ejaculates, he falls straight asleep? I doubt this is very common in swinging, but I suppose it happens. We haven't seen it yet. In our case (in my post), the guy's sexual interest switch just gets turned off - he gets bored, doesn't do anything further to give the play partner any pleasure. In your case, he just falls asleep.

A lot of men get sleepy right after sex and fall asleep. I would think these guys would fight that tendency while swinging, but maybe some of them just can't. There are physiological reasons why many men fall asleep right after ejaculation. Not all men are prone to falling asleep right after, but many are.

Here's a medical article with more details about the hormonal reasons:

Why do men fall asleep after sex?

There are many hormonal changes that occur with orgasm and some of these changes may offer an explanation for why men fall asleep.

After orgasm, both men and women release the chemicals oxytocin, prolactin, gamma amino butyric acid (GABA), and endorphins. Each of these contributes to that roll-over-and-snore feeling. They seem to be secreted in equal amounts in men and women, but we all know who orgasms more frequently.

The hormone oxytocin is known to have several effects including establishment of maternal behavior, stimulation of uterine smooth muscle contraction at birth, and stimulation of milk ejection (milk letdown). It is also referred to as "the cuddling hormone" since it tends to elicit the need to be close and bond but not in a sexual way. In one study, oxytocin was shown to inhibit male sexual behavior in prairie voles. Maybe it's the oxytocin that makes us feel satiated and rested after a good romp.

Prolactin is another player in the sex/sleep conundrum. It is produced in the pituitary gland and its best known function is the stimulation of milk production. Prolactin is believed to relieve sexual arousal after orgasm and take your mind off sex. Levels of prolactin rise during sleep and some patients with prolactin-secreting tumors report frequent sleepiness. So prolactin seems like it may be a culprit too.

Gamma amino butyric acid (GABA) and endorphins also both have a calming effect and may make you pass out post-sex.

The tantric answer is that the male orgasm releases outward energy or jing, while the female orgasm is an inward explosion.

Last but not least, it is thought that exertion during sex and after climax depletes the muscles of energy-producing glycogen. This leaves men feeling sleepy. Since men have more muscle mass than women, men become more tired after sex. Also (believe it or not!) women don't always have an orgasm, and that keeps them from producing all those other hormones we just talked about.

Duration, as note previously, is subjective in perspective. From one male to another though, never be the one to stop the interaction. As can be learned form the example of operant conditioning, for something to be memorable it must be significant enough to be seen as exemplary. So, procure some coffee prior and trust her to let you know when to release your tension.

The AP has an interesting article on a study which defined what is normal, as far as actual intercourse is concerned.

A survey of sex therapists concluded the optimal amount of time for sexual intercourse was three to 13 minutes. The findings, to be published in the May issue of the Journal of Sexual Medicine, strike at the notion that endurance is the key to a great sex life.

In my (Mr. Co) younger years it was quite the contest to not come in at the minimum on this scale. There were occurrences where the scales were tipped in excess of the maximum, and some especially horny times when the minimum was not achieved on the first go-around.

Mrs Co says “it hurts” to be poked by someone who exceeds the maximum. Being one who does not orgasm vaginally (but orgasms very well clitorally), having a partner whose manhood dictates a noble attempt to get me there is just not fun.

The most fun is when time is not even perceptible.

:4some:

three to 13 minutes.

Around 10 minutes is good, if all you're counting is the thrusting - though I tend to enjoy longer sessions that might have me inside but not continually moving. Kissing, caressing, and all that lengthens things considerably.

Around 7 minutes would be great.

But often I don't get more of 2 or 3, but then again I had a fiance once who bored me for a good 30 minutes.

We generally start with a sensual full body massage and end with ten minutes or so of penetration. The whole playtime involves 30 to 50 minutes.

most weeks this is 5 or 6 nights.......sometimes not as much

Guest rdy46227

Does is count when she's on top doing most of the work?

Seems like my spouse spends an eternity up there, while I do multiplication tables trying not to cum until she's decides she's ready to finish.

"Too long" isn't good when you are talking about a guy's timetable instead of his anatomy.

I'm afraid that you younger people will one day find that what your man used to do "all night", will take him all night to do it.

I ran across a profile last night that actually spent a paragraph stating that they last an average length of time (7-15 minutes), and that they are not interested in what they consider marathon sex (anything longer than 20 minutes). I found it interesting that they felt the need to spell this out (among other things).

We've found we have to spell it out to some guys that 30 minutes is not our idea of fun. When you touch, kiss, massage, enjoy erotic conversation, the endless in and out is not necessary or welcome. In fact we both like a quick cum much of the time. My wife does not often cum from penetration, so she likes me to go down on her after I've cum. She finds that very intimate and arousing. Sometimes she asks me to go down on her after her swinging partner has finished, and that can be erotically intimate also. Even better is to go down on her whiles she's being penetrated. When I do that, the guy will not last beyond her orgasm, guaranteed.

Hard to say...especially when I have multiple O's. For the duration of play, 30 minutes - when would I like to climax? ASAP and often:)

I ran across a profile last night that actually spent a paragraph stating that they last an average length of time (7-15 minutes), and that they are not interested in what they consider marathon sex (anything longer than 20 minutes). I found it interesting that they felt the need to spell this out (among other things).

I think I know who you are referring to, he and I have had this conversation at a social. We did not get an invite.

I think I know who you are referring to, he and I have had this conversation at a social. We did not get an invite.

As far as I know we've not personally met them. But, if you see their profile it's hard to miss. That wasn't the only thing they were a little "too honest" about in their profile, IMO. Initially, I wanted to give them props for honesty, but at some point it just crossed over into "why bother".

I was telling Pet about this profile tonight, and we were giggling at the image of having a little timer sitting there that gives a warning bell at 12 minutes "you now have 3 minutes to finish", and then sounds an alarm at 15 minutes. Sure sometimes we are both done in that time frame, but it's just as likely that we may not be. I realize we all have moments where things might be taking too long and you might feel the need to switch things up (back to your own partner, or in some other way) to get to a finish, but going in knowing there's a time limit on your head is just a huge turn-off.

There's a couple we're very close with. When I'm with her, it frequently goes 2 or more hours, and we're always surprised when we see the time. We don't move all that much, slow but broken by a few minutes of something more active at intervals. It's mostly in our heads. Nobody ever sees this, but if they did it would be the most boring porno they'd ever seen. That's the only way i enjoy going that long.

Due to past medical problems, my wife doesn't like intercourse to last more than 10 to 15 minutes, and even less if the guy is too active. She much prefers it gentle and slow at first and then faster when she is ready for him, and hopefully her, to cum. She does orgasm from intercourse if she has had enough foreplay, and especially in a MMF threesome, which is our normal mode of swinging. In a good threesome, she will usually have quite a number of orgasms from the foreplay alone and then have another organism or two from the intercourse itself.