intuition897

For the guys: What Type of Man Are You?

What type of guy are you? (Choose one that best suits)  

456 members have voted

1. 1. What type of guy are you? (Choose one that best suits)

• James Bond - classy, suave, a renaissance man
    • The Cowboy - yes ma'am, boys will be boys!
    • The Gladiator - contact sports, cop, firefighter, etc.
    • The Teddy Bear - so cute and cuddly!
    • The Metrosexual - sensitive and attentive
    • The Biker - leather and Harleys
    • The Athlete - runner, swimmer, cycler, outdoorsman
    • The Executive - powersuits and penthouse suites
    • The Intellectual - the brain is the most powerful sex organ...
    • The Artist - creative, spontaneous, emotional, expressive
    • The Boy Next Door - backyard beer and BBQ anyone?
    • The Supermodel - trendy, good looking, hollywood material
    • Other - Please post

What persona do you most identify with?

Everyone has their own personal style, their own charm, but for the guys out there, I want to know if there are any trends. So...what type of guy are you?

I marked 'Other.'

I think übersexual best describes me, although I'm trying to become the Artist.

"A übersexual marks a return to the qualities of a ''real man'', but one who is ''both willing to change a diaper and to discuss how he feels about it.''

MrLM

I'm going with "other", as I try to be adaptable to different situations without losing my identity. I don't want to pretend I'm something that I'm not, but I don't want to miss out on something new and possibly wonderful by being too static. Down to the core, I'd like to say that I mix in a little Bond and some Metrosexual along with Intellectual Artist at a backyard BBQ, but I think those that know me best find me to be the Court Jester. Hey, every village needs an idiot.

Mr. Funk

Man in tights.

Interesting poll. But, I think it's hard to pick just one. My boyfriend could fit into a few of those categories, like Metrosexual, Athlete, and the Boy Next Door.

So, where does Mr. Intuition fit?

~SS

None of the above appliy for Dave. when mero was in, he was so uber and always was given a lot about it. Now that uber is in, we're waiting for the new description, maybe ultra-sexual.

Although Cowboy (Southern Gent) and Athlete (gotta love those Army work-outs) would be apt, nothing really covers him overall

I picked Intelectual, altough I feel identified with several choices here.

30% The Intellectual - the brain is the most powerful sex organ [YES!]

20% The Metrosexual - sensitive and attentive [this too]

15% The Teddy Bear - so cute and cuddly! [Altough a hairless one]

15% The Boy Next Door - backyard beer and BBQ anyone? [i love to do this]

15% James Bond - classy, suave, a renaissance man [well, without the Aston Martin]

5% Other - Please post [Ohhh... the mistery!]

I choose other also as I would fit into the James Bond type most of the time, but add to that an old fashioned style of manners and upbringing.

-Van

Great poll.... I opted for "Biker". On the outside, I appear quite intimidating, on the inside perhaps a boy-next-door with a couple of brain cells and enough etiquette to be welcome at "Executive" functions

Had to choose "other" cause I'm a good mix of many:

The Gladiator - I Kickbox and I'm a Firefighter

The Metrosexual - I am very, very attentive to my grooming

The Biker - I ride a motorcycle

The Athlete - The whole kickboxing thing

The Supermodel - I am tall, dark and from what I've heard by many Handsome

Wow, great response so far!

Sorry I didn't make the choices easier for everyone, but I'm not sure how I could've. Looks like there's a wide mix.

So, where does Mr. Intuition fit?

~SS

Mr. intuition is an interesting mix. Sadly, I forgot to put one other choice on the poll: The Knight in Shining Armor. That kinda sums Mr. intuition up for me. I chose The Gladiator, because he's got that bulky muscular build with the broad shoulders and chest, powerful legs...you know. And although he doesn't play one in real life, he's a natural cop at heart. Dead-level fair, he believes in doing the right thing and treating people with dignity and respect...and if others make a point of not deserving such respect, he doesn't have a problem putting them in their place. He sees people as just that: people. Gender has nothing to do with it, so while he's been known to hold a door or two, and cave in to some of my feminine wiles (like using all the hot water in the name of Beauty), he doesn't let a girl get away with abusing her priveleges... and that's just the way I like it. He's also the Intellectual, and the Boy Next Door with a strong Executive streak in him. He looks awesome in a suit! He's definitely not the Artistic type, the Metrosexual, or the Supermodel. That's frivolous stuff as far as he's concerned. Meat and potatoes kinda guy. Just give him what's real and substantial.

Not to be wierd or anything but I thought if I just went through all of these it might make more sense...and then add anything I felt I needed after that.

So...here goes:

James Bond - classy, suave, a renaissance man...Yeah I can be classy but it really doesn't fit me, Suave...hardly...a renaissance man...Yeah I've been told that but I just try to take care of everything I can...in due time. (2-3.45%)

The Cowboy - yes ma'am, boys will be boys! Not really one of those but one time I did use sorta that excuse on my dad for getting drunk at 15! (2-3.45%)

The Gladiator - contact sports, cop, firefighter, etc. Pretty much me. Love contact with anything...even a wall. (6-10.34%)

The Teddy Bear - so cute and cuddly! Well...I can be... :kissface: (2-3.45%)

The Metrosexual - sensitive and attentive Believe it or not...I am very sensitive. Show me an old Ted Williams Homer and I am done! Really though, I think I'd be a great interviewer...much better than Bryant Gumbel. (9-15.52%)

The Biker - leather and Harleys Absolutely (1-1.72%)

The Athlete - runner, swimmer, cycler, outdoorsman Still very athletic! (5-8.62%)

The Executive - powersuits and penthouse suites Yes!...NOT! I'd rather spend my money in less ostentatious ways (2-3.45%)

The Intellectual - the brain is the most powerful sex organ... I may be off the charts on this one (9-15.52%)

The Artist - creative, spontaneous, emotional, expressive Yes to alllll! (5-8.62%)

The Boy Next Door - backyard beer and BBQ anyone? Affirmative! (6-10.34%)

The Supermodel - trendy, good looking, hollywood material In a character actor sort of way... :cool: (0-0%)

Other - Please post I guess this would just be to say that everyone is a combination of everything. Some more than others. We all are special to each other in many different ways and in odd combinations.

Thanks Again Intuition897!

M.D.

Mrs. WS says I'm more the James Bond type... So I went with that answer! She says I'm suave and charming. Not a bad thing I suppose.

Mr. WS

I am definitely a dork. :lol: Or a geek, a nerd; there are so many derogatory titles that fit it is hard to choose just one! But... the Mrs. loves me for who I am. Although she has been successful in fine-tuning me a little, I guess.

That's another one: The Nerd. And I use the term 'nerd' in the most affectionate way possible. There's just something about their quiet rebellion against conventionality, their honesty about themselves, and their ability to retrieve data from a crashed hard drive. :D

I'm just me.

Always remember: you are unique.

Just like everybody else.

Thrax

That's another one: The Nerd. And I use the term 'nerd' in the most affectionate way possible. There's just something about their quiet rebellion against conventionality, their honesty about themselves, and their ability to retrieve data from a crashed hard drive. :D

Yes, let's hear it for nerds! I married one, I am one, and I love others.

What type of man is Ted?????

Damn, that's a hard one as he is so many different things to me...so we voted other :)

He's my Knight in shinning armor ...my hero. Put the man in a pair of tight jeans, cowboy hat and duster and and I start drooling...when he wears his leather jacket, hair hanging down and a white t-shirt...I litterally fall to my knees as they become so weak I can't stand...Dress him up in a suit and tie, hair pulled back in a pony tail and you have the Mofia hitman to a tee with the intelligence to hold his own with any world leader...he's definitely a brainiaic but with the thoughtfullness and compassion to never make anyone feel less...suave, debonair and so charming that he makes old ladies giggle like school girls and don't even get me started on him when he's in a pair of jeans, work boots and nothing else digging post holes on the farm with sweat glistening down his chest and muscles bulging...he's the dark prince and an angel...

He's every fantasy of mine rolled into one man.

Teresa

People on this board are...SO...COOL! Teresa, now you've got me drooling. ;)

I sure hope folks didn't think I was trying to pigeonhole them, or suggest they pigeonhole themselves. I guess I just didn't phrase the question properly. :) I know that every man - or woman for that matter - can pull off a variety of looks or attitudes, but I guess I just wonder if there was a particular one that you identified with. I'd have to agree that Mr. intuition is definitely my own Knight in Shining Armour. Does he ride a horse? Um, no. But he sure knows how to sweep a girl off her feet.

Hello,

Mr. D is very modest, so I will have to answer this one for him.

He is actuallty a variety of the guys listed. Variety is the spice of life, that is why he is my life partner. :kissface:

He is a gladiator. He was actually a volenteer firefighter for 21 years. He loves rescueing people in need. Surrender

As far as Metrosexual, he is very attentive and sensual to my needs. That's why we have been married for 30 years. :claps:

He is defineatly the biker dude. Leather chaps, fingerless gloves and a dew rag....HOT!!! ::P: Add the "potato, potato, potato" of the Harley and WOW!! (There is nothing like Mr. D and a Harley between your legs. :D )

The boy next door is a definite. He is an Emeril junkie. Food network watch out. facelick

Over all, he is the man for me no matter who he resmbles.

Mrs. D (the luckiest woman)

im the guy next door type. back in high-school i had a problem getting a girlfriend cause they told me they reminded me of their brother... :sad:

Rocket Rider ....NINJA that is ..... no harleys here if you know any thing about rockets bikes then you know half of me hehe :lol:

Kyle

I am absolutely, definitively, without a doubt..... A mix of many of the above:)) Lets see, Cowboy (I even wear the hat and oilskin coat, for function not fashion), Teddy Bear (Oh yes, I'm the cuddly type, darlin'), Metrosexual, although I'd never seen the term before, definately Ubersexual (diapers, feedings and everything else...) as well as the intellectual artistic boy-next-door type. Hmmm, after re-reading this I think I have to check "other" cause I think I fit best into the term "interestingly complex".

Stay Sexy and have a Great Knight

Fun thread! Hope you don't mind that I bumped it.

Answering for Roger, although a combination of many of these types, I'd say he's heavy on 'Artist'. He's so very talented in so many areas, and although he's also an intellect, the creative and artistic components are the greatest. I also have to agree with jandg and go with the GOOD parts of RETROSEXUAL!!

Fun reading!

Sarah

I am more of the Benny Hill type. Anybody remember Benny Hill? Maybe there should be a "loveable pervert" category.

;)

you did not have the White Knight in there.

Always the desire to make everything right in the world and save the damsels in distress, Or at least make them feel better about themselves.

you did not have the White Knight in there.

Always the desire to make everything right in the world and save the damsels in distress, Or at least make them feel better about themselves.

It seems to me it crossed my mind...but then I thought I should really make everyone work a little harder than that. ;) If I put that option down, everyone would pick it. I think almost every male swinger has this kind of gallantry and chivalry in them. It's what's convinced me that chivalry is not dead after all. :)

He is definitely a cross between the metrosexual (he has more products than I do) and the model (he's really good looking)

Mixture of, James Bond, Gladiator, Metro sexual, Cowboy. Attentive and classy, loves contact sports and's rowdy. Appearance- manicured, pressed, and a slight hint of cologne, body- rugged with some scars. Attitude- Southern Gentleman always.

Mr. Sweet says he's too many things to be categorized. I happen to agree. But in the spirit of the poll he's the boy next door, gladiator, intellectual, teddy bear and artist all rolled into one. How lucky am I?

Mr. Krazy here, i choose other because i don't fit into any one of those given. i mean i'm an artist, i love to draw and i love to play my gituar and write song. i'm a cowboy, i grew up in Tennessee, we raised horse and cattle, i always say yes ma'am and always let ladies go first. i'm an intellect, i love to invent things and build thing, i like to figure out how things work, i have many theroies on things like anti-gravity, quantum phyisics, and the ZPF. i'm the boy next door, i love beer and parties and lots of friends. i guess i just don't know where i fit in, lol.

I voted other.

My wife tells everybody that I'm a "good provider".

But she tells me that I'm a "little prick".

Wonder what she means by that since I'm 5' 11" tall and weigh 190lbs?

:rollseye:

Mr. Krazy here, i choose other because i don't fit into any one of those given. i mean i'm an artist, i love to draw and i love to play my gituar and write song. i'm a cowboy, i grew up in Tennessee, we raised horse and cattle, i always say yes ma'am and always let ladies go first. i'm an intellect, i love to invent things and build thing, i like to figure out how things work, i have many theroies on things like anti-gravity, quantum phyisics, and the ZPF. i'm the boy next door, i love beer and parties and lots of friends. i guess i just don't know where i fit in, lol.

Well Mr. Krazy, if you wear a cowboy hat, know how to ride a horse, and can say "Yes, Ma'am!" with any kind of a twang, you're the Cowboy in my book! Doesn't mean you don't have other traits thrown in...it's just what would hit me first.

• Like 1

My husband would fit into the Artist category. I almost want to say Other and call it the Joker because he is so often comical and making me and other people laugh. I call him my own personal comedian.

He is also the Teddybear-cute and cuddly.

OK. For number one, I picked the Teddy Bear. For number two (though not on the poll) I picked the Intelecual and for three I picked Artist. Though if there had been a Jester catagory, yes, I would have maybe gone for that first. Love you, little bird! Even though we picked two different first choices, or at least choices in a different order. I was 90 percent sure you would have picked Teddy Bear as your first choice. See how much we can still learn about each other? Fun!

EDIT: I'm not going to fix it, but I find it telling that I spelled Intellectual wrong...

I checked "the intellectual", but that goes right out the window when the woman I'm with gets naked. I turn into a mush-mouth after that.

I marked 'Other.'

I think übersexual best describes me, although I'm trying to become the Artist.

"A übersexual marks a return to the qualities of a ''real man'', but one who is ''both willing to change a diaper and to discuss how he feels about it.''

MrLM

I might fit into this "ubersexual" catagory as well, I checked athelet...

Guest warrencouple

I chose other for this.

I primarily consider myself a gentleman, and a geek. Luckily, the wife agrees (or is that not so luckily?:D). I'm the sort of person who will hold the door for someone, say you're welcome if they say thank you, ladies first, and can I give you a hand?

Which also causes me to have a question about gentlemen in the lifestyle, but that's another topic...

Jason