What's your Myers-Briggs Personality Type?  

645 members have voted

1. 1. What's your Myers-Briggs Personality Type?

• ENFP
    • INFP
    • ENFJ
    • INFJ
    • ENTP
    • INTP
    • ENTJ
    • INTJ
    • ESTP
    • ISTP
    • ESFP
    • ISFP
    • ESTJ
    • ISTJ
    • ESFJ
    • ISFJ

We're curious about whether there are trends in personality types on a board like this.

Here's a link to a personality inventory called the Meyers Briggs test - most of you have probably seen it before. It's far from perfect, but might be really interesting in terms of whether there are trends here different from the population at large.

Personality Test

To break the ice here's my results (the male half)

Your Type is

INTJ

Introverted 56

Intuitive 88

Thinking 1

Judging 33

------------------------

Snakes in worms' clothing, and tired of asexual reproduction.

I took this test about ten years ago so I thought I'd see if the outcome is the same and to my surprise it is. I was reluctant to post the results though because it doesn't fit the profile I think of as swinger. :lol:

ESTJ

Extroverted 6

Sensing 12

Thinking 6

Judging 16

Supervisor Guardians are squarely on the side of rules and procedures, and they can be quite serious about seeing to it that others toe the mark—or else face the consequences. They do not hesitate to give their stamp of approval, nor do they withhold their directions or suggestions for improvement. Like seasoned, stalwart umpires, Supervisors will set their jaw and make the call on anyone who steps up to bat. They even feel obligated to do so, and they’re sometimes surprised when others don’t seem grateful for being set straight.

Comprising at least ten percent of the population, Supervisors go by experience and that is what counts, not speculation and experimentation, and certainly not fantasy. They keep their feet firmly on the ground and make sure that those under their supervision do the same, whether employee, subordinate, offspring, or spouse. If others wish to fool around and daydream, fine, as long as they do it on their own time—which means after the job is done. But if they fritter away their time while on duty, they should not be surprised when the Supervisor calls them on the carpet. The top sergeant will not put up with such nonsense.

Your Type is

ESFJ

Extroverted Sensing Feeling Judging

Strength of the preferences %

78 25 38 33

ESFJ type description by D.Keirsey

ESFJ type description by J. Butt

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

* very expressed extrovert

* moderately expressed sensing personality

* moderately expressed feeling personality

* moderately expressed judging personality

Huh. interesting. I can't wait to see what others have. This would be a good pole.

I had trouble on a few of the questions because they were worded presuming some situation existed in my life - which it doesn't - and I was suppose to comment on how I handle myself in that situation. I FELT that sucked and JUDGED it to be a poor way to write the question. :lol: If you read my profile you'll know why this is funny to me. :lol:

Some of my profile seemed off. But I haven't asked Mr LM what he thinks. Sometimes humans don't see themselves like others do. :rolleyes:

Your Type is

ESFJ

Extroverted 33

Sensing 1

Feeling 38

Judging 44

ESFJ type description by J.Butt

• moderately expressed extrovert
  • slightly expressed sensing personality
  • moderately expressed feeling personality
  • moderately expressed judging personality

My Type

INTP

Introverted 11

Intuitive 50

Thinking 62

Perceiving 22

It said I am:

* slightly expressed introvert

* moderately expressed intuitive personality

* distinctively expressed thinking personality

* slightly expressed perceiving personality

But what does it all mean? head bang

Famous INTPs:

Socrates

Rene Descartes

Blaise Pascal

Sir Isaac Newton

U.S. Presidents:

James Madison

John Quincy Adams

John Tyler

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Gerald Ford

William Harvey (pioneer in human physiology)

C. G. Jung, (Freudian defector, author of Psychological Types, etc.)

William James

Albert Einstein

Tom Foley (Speaker of the House--U.S. House of Representatives)

Henri Mancini

Bob Newhart

Jeff Bingaman, U.S. Senator (D.--NM)

Rick Moranis (Honey, I Shrunk The Kids)

Midori Ito (ice skater, Olympic silver medalist)

Tiger Woods

See i'm right in there with a bunch of guys with bad hair and a guy that beats balls. :D

good times said:

But what does it all mean? head bang

It means you don't swing much because your intuition tells you not to even though you think about it all the time as you stand in the corner by yourself not talking to anyone - introvert that you are. However, you perceive yourself to be a swinger nonetheless. :lol:

Guest smileytattoo

Your Type is

ESFJ

67 38 12 22

You are:

distinctively expressed extrovert

moderately expressed sensing personality

slightly expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed judging personality

My mother always tells me I need to stop "wearing my heart on my sleeve" So I had to chuckle when that is one thing it said in my discription!

Here is R's results.....

Your Type is

ESFJ

67 12 12 33

You are:

distinctively expressed extrovert

slightly expressed sensing personality

moderately expressed judging personality

ESFP

I am :

Extroverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving

89 1 75 11

You are:

* slightly expressed sensing personality

* distinctively expressed feeling personality

Makes me sound like a crow easily distracted by shiny objects.... :lol:

Your Type is

ESTP

Extroverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving

100 62 1 33

ESTP type description by D.Keirsey

ESTP type description by J. Butt

You are:

very expressed extrovert

distinctively expressed sensing personality

slightly expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed perceiving personality

hmmmmm..... does this really describe me?

Extroverted Intuitive Feeling Judging

11 75 25 44

Your Type is

ENFJ

You are:

slightly expressed extrovert

distinctively expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

I've had this test on numerous occasions and its basically the same every time.

I am really not surprised... :eek:

Your Type is

ENFP

Extroverted = 39 facelick

Intuitive = 38 :kiss:

Feeling = 25 :8-0::

Perceiving = 22 :confused:

and so it goes...

Your Type is: ESFP (Like MJ :) )

Extroverted: 100

Sensing: 1

Feeling: 88

Perceiving: 56

You are:

* very expressed feeling personality

* moderately expressed perceiving personality

"Where's the party?" ESFPs love people, excitement, telling stories and having fun. The spontaneous, impulsive nature of this type is almost always entertaining. And ESFPs love to entertain -- on stage, at work, and/or at home. Social gatherings are an energy boost to these "people" people."

According to this one, I am ESFJ... which shows differences from 10 years ago when I took the complete analysis for my job, and I was an ENTJ. The changes make sense though... since I think I'm becoming more thoughtful and open to my feelings in my advancing age.

Guest Pinmonkey

This surprised me. I didn't think I was that judgemental.

Your Type is

INTJ

Introverted 33

Intuitive 12

Thinking 25

Judging 67

You are:

* moderately expressed introvert

* slightly expressed intuitive personality

* moderately expressed thinking personality

* distinctively expressed judging personality

Extroverted 44%

Intuitive 38%

Feeling 62%

Perceiving Strength 56%

ENFP type description by D.Keirsey

ENFP type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

You are:

moderately expressed extrovert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

distinctively expressed feeling personality

100 62 1 33

ESTP type description by D.Keirsey

ESTP type description by J. Butt

You are:

very expressed extrovert

distinctively expressed sensing personality

Ok, so what does this actually mean? Seems I haven't seen anyone else with ESTP... so ???

I love taking these tests...it's fun to see how messed up in the head I really am...

Your Type is: ISFP

Introverted: 11

Feeling: 38

Perceiving: 11

You are:

ISFPs are the first to hear the different drummer. Many eagerly plunge into new fashions, avant garde experiences, 'hip' trends--some even setting the trends.

More in touch with the reality of their senses than their INFP counterparts, ISFPs live in the here and now. Their impulses yearn to be free, and are often loosed when others least expect it. The ISFP who continually represses these impulses feels 'dead inside' and may eventually cut and run.

I think I'm the first one to have this type. Look at me, all avant garde and stuff... :)

Mr. Funk

Setting the trends, one personality test at a time

I love taking these tests...it's fun to see how messed up in the head I really am...

Introverted: 11

Feeling: 38

Perceiving: 11

You are:

ISFPs are the first to hear the different drummer. Many eagerly plunge into new fashions, avant garde experiences, 'hip' trends--some even setting the trends.

More in touch with the reality of their senses than their INFP counterparts, ISFPs live in the here and now. Their impulses yearn to be free, and are often loosed when others least expect it. The ISFP who continually represses these impulses feels 'dead inside' and may eventually cut and run.

I think I'm the first one to have this type. Look at me, all avant garde and stuff... :)

Mr. Funk

Setting the trends, one personality test at a time

I'm sorry but I just don't see you as an introvert!! ;)

I think the introvert part of this test is a tad flawed. I came up as slightly introverted, anybody that has spent a little time with me would say that can't be right.

I think the introvert part of this test is a tad flawed. I came up as slightly introverted, anybody that has spent a little time with me would say that can't be right.

I think you're right, GT. I came up with 100% extroverted, and I do not believe that I'm THAT much of an extrovert, at least not in all situations.

You don't seem the slightest introverted to me.

Good Times - I thought it odd that you came up as an introvert. And Ves, I wasn't surprised at you being an extrovert, however 100 is a big number and if you say it's off I'll believe you. Once I meet the both of you I'll be able to make my decision after acquiring more evidence. :D

I retook the test just now and I am still an ESFJ but the numbers changed quite a bit.

Previously:

Extroverted 33

Sensing 1

Feeling 38

Judging 44

This time:

Extroverted 11

Sensing 25

Feeling 112

Judging 1

This time I took the test right after eating a whole lotta food and I'm feeling real full. I think that has something to do with my score. :rolleyes:

Your Type is

ENFJ :rolleyes:

Extroverted 56

Intuitive 38

Feeling 38

Judging 22

ENFJ type description by D.Keirsey

ENFJ type description by J. Butt

You are:

* moderately expressed extrovert

* slightly expressed judging personality

I scored

I 33

N 25

T 12

J 1

moderately expressed introvert

I was expecting a higher score in the thinking area. But then I found out I am among the very few. The Mastermind description fits exactly my personality. I'm not showing off. In fact, I rarely take command in a project until I see nobody else is capable of doing what I can do.

The other category for me is the Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging. Which is also right on target. I can easily emphatize with lots of people but personal relationships are not as easy because of my rational mind. I am aware of this and try to keep it in the back of my mind but sometimes it stays way back :(

K...here goes

ENFP

Extroverted 1%

Intuitive 38%

Feeling 75%

Perceiving 22%

Pretty much what I expected. :)

Same test, different scores, same result:

Introverted: 33

Sensing: 38

Feeling: 25

Perceiving: 33

I'm moderately expressing everything.

Hmm...I guess I just hear the beat of a different drummer...and right now he's playing a funky-ass beat!

Mr. Funk

Two F's on the same test...damn...I think I have to retake Personality 101...

Extroverted: 100/100

Sensing: 1/1

Feeling: 88/75

Perceiving: 56/67

I retook the test too. I still scored the same on the first two, but I'm feeling less and perceiving more now. :lol:

Your Type is INFP

Introverted 33

Intuitive 25

Feeling 50

Perceiving 11

slightly expressed perceiving personality

I'm amazed that at once in my life I'm not a total introvert, just moderate LOL That's something I've been working on for years and years.

And the INFP means I'm a Healer Idealist, I guess it's a good thing I went into nursing!

Your Type is INFP

Introverted 33

Intuitive 25

Feeling 50

Perceiving 11

slightly expressed perceiving personality

I'm amazed that at once in my life I'm not a total introvert, just moderate LOL That's something I've been working on for years and years.

And the INFP means I'm a Healer Idealist, I guess it's a good thing I went into nursing!

ALOE!! A fellow INFP! There are lots of extroverts here on SwingersBoard; we introverts must stick together ;) I took this same test some years ago, and though I feel my personality has undergone major changes in that time, I guess my basic hard-wiring has remained the same. INFP, AKA: Idealist Healer. Here's the descripton of our type:

Idealists, as a temperament, are passionately concerned with personal growth and development. Idealists strive to discover who they are and how they can become their best possible self -- always this quest for self-knowledge and self-improvement drives their imagination. And they want to help others make the journey. Idealists are naturally drawn to working with people, and whether in education or counseling, in social services or personnel work, in journalism or the ministry, they are gifted at helping others find their way in life, often inspiring them to grow as individuals and to fulfill their potentials.

Idealists are sure that friendly cooperation is the best way for people to achieve their goals. Conflict and confrontation upset them because they seem to put up angry barriers between people. Idealists dream of creating harmonious, even caring personal relations, and they have a unique talent for helping people get along with each other and work together for the good of all. Such interpersonal harmony might be a romantic ideal, but then Idealists are incurable romantics who prefer to focus on what might be, rather than what is. The real, practical world is only a starting place for Idealists; they believe that life is filled with possibilities waiting to be realized, rich with meanings calling out to be understood. This idea of a mystical or spiritual dimension to life, the "not visible" or the "not yet" that can only be known through intuition or by a leap of faith, is far more important to Idealists than the world of material things.

Highly ethical in their actions, Idealists hold themselves to a strict standard of personal integrity. They must be true to themselves and to others, and they can be quite hard on themselves when they are dishonest, or when they are false or insincere. More often, however, Idealists are the very soul of kindness. Particularly in their personal relationships, Idealists are without question filled with love and good will. They believe in giving of themselves to help others; they cherish a few warm, sensitive friendships; they strive for a special rapport with their children; and in marriage they wish to find a "soulmate," someone with whom they can bond emotionally and spiritually, sharing their deepest feelings and their complex inner worlds.

Idealists are rare, making up between 20 and 25 percent of the population. But their ability to inspire people with their enthusiasm and their idealism has given them influence far beyond their numbers.

See that? We're RARE. ::P: lol

*Sigh* I just love taking these tests.

We've had the thread, now here's the poll!

Take the test and then vote your type. For descriptions of the types, try this website. For a different version of the test (you need to enter your email address for this one...which is why I keep a decoy address for times such as these :) ) try this website. It's a Kiersey Temperament Sorter. It gives you a good description after your results, too, but you need to buy a 'report' if you want more detail.

I just thought it would be interesting to see if there was a distinct pattern as far as personality type goes. It would be even more interesting to see how this data correlated to success at swinging, experience, relationship satisfaction, etc. Unfortunately, I think that's beyond the scope of this poll.

I'm hoping that everyone who sees this poll will vote on it. Need lots of data.

The Introverted One has voted.

I too hope there is much data. I wonder what an appropriate sample size will have to be in order to draw any conclusions...

Mr. Funk

Climbing back into my shell...an avant garde shell...

I wish I had been thinking more clearly and made the poll so that more than one selection could be made. That way we could all put our own AND our spouse's personality type. Could've gotten twice the data. :slam" For the record, Mr. intuition is a Guardian Inspector (ISTJ). I have no idea if it's supposed to fit well with my Idealist Healer personality, but other than occasional clashes - which every couple is prone to - we get along famously :) .

ISFJ,,,,,mmmm.

I'll admit I am intro I do listen to what others want to share

Sensing goes along with Adhere to others per-say

Feeling others senses,intro to their beliefs, desires.

Judging to those who are normal,,to those others-- who are off the wall..lol

MMmmmm... I guess those psychology classes paid off .. Surrender

My Longgg.,, TantilliZing,, Teezing,,Foreplays

for without the foreplay,,,

You'd Never have the Hott..Wet,,Ecstacy..

Of Explosive,, Unending,,, Climaxes

For we all are here

To ExplorGasm. . . ::P:

I finally found the time to take the test and I'm ENFJ, like CuriousFemale40 and Sweet_Candy.

I scored:

Extroverted 33

Intuitive 62

Feeling 12

Judging 33

moderately expressed extrovert

Interesting...

Extroverted 33

Intuitive 50

Thinking 1

Judging 44

You are:

* moderately expressed extrovert

* slightly expressed thinking personality

* moderately expressed judging personality

It's pretty accurate I think. I am pretty moderate in most of my views and personality traits. But I think I am much more than "slightly expressed thinking personality". Mrs. WS would agree to that also. :lol: My mind never stops.

Mrs. WS hasn't taken it, but I'd bet she is a very strong extrovert. Although I do well at parties, she pulls me out even farther. She's the life of the party. :cool:

I just took the test again...almost exactly the same results... :rolleyes:

Your Type is

ENFP

Extroverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving

1 62 75 33

You are:

ISTJ. Oh, I just knew you were all dying to know.

Introverted: 56

Thinking: 38

Judging: 33

You are:

slightly expressed sensing personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

Am I interpreting the results incorrectly or did this test suggest that I'm pretty much "senseless"? (A non-swinger on the Swingers Board? Might be something to it after all. :lol: )

I have taken this test several times over the last 20 years and have always been an EFNP. Interestingly enough, ENFPs are small percentage of the general population but far more common in swinging.

For what it's worth, I think this test is stunningly accurate!

Your Type is

ENFJ

89 38 88 56

ENFJ type description by D.Keirsey

ENFJ type description by J. Butt

You are:

very expressed extrovert

very expressed feeling personality

Im interested to see if there are a lot of simalar personalities

INTJ leads the pack, with three Extroverted Types hot on its heels. No bell curve yet...

I'm still the only ISFP...interesting...

Mr. Funk

MJ and Ves, I'm introverted until you do something about it...now if you'll excuse me, my shell is waiting.

It's amazing how high a percentage of Kiersey "Rationals" are here. Instead of being the rarest group, here we're a major percentage.

Oh, and I'm an INTP and my wife is an INTJ.

no major surprises here for us....

and we concur with MB1991....curious results for the limited sample if one accepts the projected % for rationals within any population.

D (he)

Your Type is (Strength of the preferences %)

INTJ

Introverted 44

Intuitive 38

Thinking 12

Judging 1

C (she)

Your Type is

ENTJ (Strength of the preferences %)

Introverted 1

Intuitive 88

Thinking 25

Judging 33

very expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

I'm ESFP - doesn't look like I'm in the majority, but I'm in one of 'em.....

Your Type is

ENTJ

Extroverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

78 38 1 11

ENTJ type description by D.Keirsey

ENTJ type description by J. Butt

You are:

very expressed extrovert

Your Type is

ISFP

Introverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving

11 38 12 33

You are:

slightly expressed introvert

moderately expressed sensing personality

That depressed me.. then I read about who the famous people were...

Famous ISFPs:

Marie Antoinette

Auguste Rodin

U.S. Presidents

Ulysses S. Grant

Millard Fillmore, "The American Louis Philippe"

Warren G. Harding

Fred Astaire

Marilyn Monroe

Liberace

Elizabeth Taylor

Yogi Berra, professional baseball player ("It's deja vu all over again.")

Dan Rather

Orrin Hatch, U.S. Senator

Ervin "Magic" Johnson, NBA basketball star

Patrick Duffey

Dan Quayle, U.S. Vice President, 1988-1992

Paul McCartney

Christopher Reeve

Michael Jackson

Kevin Costner

Greg Louganis, U.S. Olympic gold medalist

Brooke Shields

Britney Spears

John Travolta

Ashton Kutcher

Donald Trump

Aside form Michael Jackson, that's not a bad crowd...

78 88 62 11

You are:

very expressed extrovert

very expressed intuitive personality

Mr. Menage is:

Your Type is

ENFJ

Extroverted 56% moderately expressed extrovert