curiouscouple4f

Woman who have trouble with big O, Turnoff?

(this came up in a discussion with my husband) I'm a rare woman (3%) of the world, that absolutly does NOT have an orgasm without serious clitoral stimulus. I'm very difficult to get to reach an orgasm. I DO enjoy sex,(both physically and mentally it is pleasurable) play and just about any combination of the above, give and receive. Is it a turn-off for a couple seeking couples and females if one woman is hard to please? (It is physical not a mental hangup). Should it even be mentioned during an eventually meeting with a potential swing couple? I've been an ego buster to many a man unintentionally, men would it kill the fun for you? Same for the ladies?

"The Mrs."

I would have to say no, this would not be a turnoff for me or my husband. Personally, I would probably scream enough for both of us as I fortunately, haven't encountered your particular problem. :eek: LOL. Actually, I would rather appreciate the challenge, but would also not be offended if the big O never happened, but I do think I would feel disappointed FOR you... :( Although, if your husband knows what works for you, there really is no reason why he couldn't be of assistance during play. I would let people know that this is a concern for you, but communication is a must for ANY situation so I can't see this as being a huge problem although I am sure some would inevitably disagree with that statement.... ;) Everyone is different and the trick is to find a person (people) whom you both feel comfortable with and who you have communicated your concerns too, there is no right or wrong here, only preferences. Do what feels right and good luck!!!! :)

I have/had this problem. When we started swinging, I could not cum unless I was using my own hand, or Bear was using his hand. Nether oral or intercourse would get me to cum. I explained this to all my swing partners because I did not want them to feel like they failed. I too loved sex and all that went with it, I just could not cum. But as I started feeling more comfortable with myself and was able to tell my partners what I wanted, I started having more "O's". But I never had a guy turn down play just because I was hard to make cum, so hang in there!

I am curious where you got that 3% figure as I was always under the impression that the majority of women had trouble having an orgasm without clitoral stimulation.

To answer your question, I have been with many women who say they don't have orgasm without direct clitoral stimulation and it has never effected my desire to have sex with them at all.

Honestly, it would be a turn off for me...

I enjoy my partner's orgasms as much or more than I enjoy my own - and my wife can tell you, if my partner can't finish, I won't be able to. That is a HUGE part of the stimulation for me.

With my multiorgasmic wife thrashing about, screaming and beating the walls with her fists - I'd probably experience some of that ego busting myself if I couldn't help you "get there"...

We have played with women who are a bit tougher to "help out", but they usually appreciate my "stick-to-it-tiveness" ;)

Spoomonkey

I got the 3% from a female physician, but after doing some research it seems like i'm actually in the the normal 90%. Spoomonkey, I appreceiate you being honest, I do have them, and they are screaming intense when I have them, I just have to have lots of "stick-to-it-tiveness" on my clit. (I have this wonderful toy that vibrates and straps around my legs and sits on my clit, helps wonderfully! ;) Without that I just have a tortureusly twitching moaning good time.

"The Mrs."

My wife VERY, VERY, VERY rarely ever orgasms from intercourse w/o direct clitoral stimulation (like 1:10,000).

In our twenty-five years together, I have always either started her off, or finished her off through oral sex.

To me, sex is not worth it if I can't make her scream and writh about in bed. ::P:

After reading some more responses here I got to thinking a little more about this. And, by the way, your "research" has produced what I have found to be the case, and that is that most women can't have orgasms without some form of direct clitoral stimulation.

But that doesn't mean they don't enjoy or get really into sex, even kicking, screaming and writhing all over the bed. For me it is a turn off when women don't get into the spirit of the sex and in my experience that has nothing to do with whether they have mind blowing orgasms during intercourse or not.

I have only been with a few women that could have orgasms through intercourse alone. And one of the most disappointing experiences I've had since we started swinging involved one of them. This women could have an orgasm at the drop of a hat but the problem is that she would just lie their and wait for me to provide her with one orgasm after another. While that seemed exciting to me at first, it didn't take me long to realize that it was all about her and if I didn't have the dick she needed I would have been considered non-essential personnel.

Does it give me a sense of fulfillment and make the experience more complete to give my partner a mind blowing orgasm? Hell yea, but it doesn't hurt my ego a bit if I have to engage my tongue or my fingers to do it, because I know that for most women that is the only way it will happen no matter how talented a guy is with his penis.

Is it a turn-off for a couple seeking couples and females if one woman is hard to please?
When I first considered swinging, I was greatly concerned about my inability to reach orgasm with intercourse. But with some advice from another experienced female swinger, my concerns vanished. I think very few women achieve orgasm through intercourse alone. Clitoral stimulation is often needed and enjoyed.

Do you think of yourself as "hard to please" or did you choose this description because you think your playmates will think of you in this way? If you feel satisfied with yourself and enjoy play without reaching orgasm I think that's what matters most.

It concerns me when swingers are too focused on the orgasm - either their own or getting their partner to orgasm. There is so much more to enjoying each other than getting to the Big O. I've been with men who don't orgasm; at first I felt I failed them but soon got over that. Heck, some men drink too much, or are tired, or are nervous and this interfers, or it may be that I haven't yet found the best technique to bring them to orgasm. I don't focus on the Big O.

Going into swinging with this attitude has done amazing things for me. I am relaxed and confident, I let the couple know I like pulling out my vibrator and bringing myself with it, then I continue with my partner. No one has ever minded my honesty about needing this. And as a result I now have orgasmed a few times during intercourse or with my partners fingers or tongue. But still I always incorporate clitoral stimulation during play.

Should it even be mentioned during an eventually meeting with a potential swing couple? I've been an ego buster to many a man unintentionally, men would it kill the fun for you? Same for the ladies?

"The Mrs."

I don't mention it until I am with them and we begin to play. I never see it as a shortcoming that embarrasses me. I let them know what I like and I appreciate it when the men I'm with let me know what they like.

I never view swinging as a competitive event.

LM

Do you think of yourself as "hard to please" or did you choose this description because you think your playmates will think of you in this way? If you feel satisfied with yourself and enjoy play without reaching orgasm I think that's what matters most.

It concerns me when swingers are too focused on the orgasm - either their own or getting their partner to orgasm. There is so much more to enjoying each other than getting to the Big O. I've been with men who don't orgasm; at first I felt I failed them but soon got over that. Heck, some men drink too much, or are tired, or are nervous and this interfers, or it may be that I haven't yet found the best technique to bring them to orgasm. I don't focus on the Big O.

LM

I'm not "hard to please", I really really enjoy play and intercourse. Both are very stimulating and my husband frequently has me writhing around on the bed begging for more. I used that phrase because that's what men have said ABOUT me.

"The Mrs."

I'm not "hard to please"...I used that phrase because that's what men have said ABOUT me.

"The Mrs."

They sound lazy.

I think they need a woman to teach them how to be creative lovers. I bet you'd be great at it. ;)

LM

They sound lazy.

I think they need a woman to teach them how to be creative lovers. I bet you'd be great at it. ;)

LM

If you're ever in GA let me know :D

"The Mrs."

I have this wonderful toy that vibrates and straps around my legs and sits on my clit, helps wonderfully! ;) Without that I just have a tortureusly twitching moaning good time.

Nothing wrong with a little help now and then - even a monkey (who has four) can use a helping hand ;)

And a "tortureusly twitching moaning good time" is nothing to be scoffed at!

Spoomonkey

I had the same concern except i only 'O' during sex and only in one certain position. No matter how much i enjoy my partner using his mouth or fingers I have had no luck, same with my self and toys. I just can't seem to cum. But that doesn't mean i don't enjoy sex or foreplay, i'm very loud no matter what, i just really enjoy everything my partner does!! But i was wondering how to bring this about to other people we bring into the bedroom.

Nice to know I'm not the only one with these issues. :)

Spoo, would a vibe really be a turn off to add into play to get someone off?

So if the lady said, I can't cum without my toy, you would want to pass her by?

What part would be the turn off?

Can you tell I'm confused by your reply...... :confused:

S

Spoo, would a vibe really be a turn off to add into play to get someone off? So if the lady said, I can't cum without my toy, you would want to pass her by?

What part would be the turn off?

Honestly, yes...

I would have to say that I would pass. Basically because the excitement for me is a woman's orgasm and being able to get her there. A vibe would be a handicap... Kind of like letting me do push ups on my knees or letting me hit from a tee...

I would feel like a spectator to my own sexual experience - and that would just not do much for me.

We don't use vibrators at home - or any sex toys really - mostly because we don't need them and haven't found a reason to want them. The ones we have bought on a whim end up collecting dust or being thrown away after one use. That may have a lot to do with it. It just isn't something I would be used to.

But basically, I think if I were facing that scenario, I would beg off. I like sex when my partner and I are enjoying each other. If she is enjoying her vibe, I wouldn't be able to enjoy her, so it'd be a lose/lose situation. She wouldn't really need me there (she has her vibe) and I really wouldn't be getting much out of it.

But - that is my quirk and I am sure few guys share it.

Spoomonkey

Thanks for answering. It does let me know to be more upfront about it in the future. Can't change my body, but can give people the chance to say "not for me".

So far, the guys have been willing to add to the vibe with a finger or a kiss. So there is still action between me and him.

I've even met guys who have trouble cumming and added a vibe under the nuts with good results. It was very exciting to me to know I found a trick that got them to cum.

And no, the guys haven't warned me ahead of time that they have a difficult time cumming. Which is why I haven't warned others....after all, if it really isn't to their liking, I can always get my own DH back to finish me off.

I guess every like and dislike is really hard to communicate-especially on the run from the dance floor to the playroom. :)

after all, if it really isn't to their liking, I can always get my own DH back to finish me off.

Exactly.

This isn't the sort of thing you bring up at first and I have never been faced with it. I guess the first time I run into it will be in a play room. No big deal, really. I wouldn't feel cheated or anything - I just would probably be a bit deflated...

Men have such fragile egos ;)

Spoomonkey

I would rather learn to mention it first. Just like I do my hair if it isn't showing........

... So if the lady said, I can't cum without my toy, you would want to pass her by? ...

Not me. I'd be happy to get you off any way I can. :)

We have a lot of fun with toys and they're a normal part of our sexual activity. I don't see why we wouldn't include them in our play sessions too. Come to think of it, we have and it was a pretty hot time.

-B

Here's another way I look at it.

Men also have ways of orgasming that don't include vaginal penetration. They may enjoy being brought to "release" through a hand, a mouth, breasts caressing their cock, a slap on the buttocks, or even a finger up the ass massaging that special spot. So I would suggest that men - *clearing throat* Spoo dear :D - see playing with women, who enjoy the assistance of a vibrator or other toy to bring them to orgasm, in a new light.

A man may have the most wonderful cock and technique to go with it, but sometimes women like diversity and creativity beyond what a cock can bring. And if a woman has difficulty cumming with a man's cock in her vagina, remember she has no desire to make you feel less of a man. Your understanding of her situation is greatly appreciated. Women often have to be very understanding of men who have difficulty becoming erect during play. When swinging we all have our preferences, along with them should come some understanding, some give and take, packaged with a positive attitude for the best outcome for all.

LM

When swinging we all have our preferences, along with them should come some understanding, some give and take, packaged with a positive attitude for the best outcome for all.

Very true - I believe this is an issue of preference - no different than the preference some have for couples - others have for MMFs only. No different than body type preferences or personality.

I honestly hadn't thought about it until tribbles asked me. But I did - and this would be my preference. There is no sense doing something I wouldn't be comfortable with. I think that would be just as unexciting for my playmate as it would be for me. It would actually be out of my respect for her and my desire for her to have a good time that I would "bow out" and let her find a more suitable playmate.

I am sure everyone's preferences causes them to miss out on great people and wonderful experiences, but we all have to do what we enjoy, do we not?

;)

Spoomonkey

Spoomonkey,

Not trying to change your mind but I'd like to offer you a little bit of perspective from a woman who cums best with her vibrator....

I have ended up with far more respect for Ender from his willingness to experiment with, and accept into our sex life, anything that would make me feel better, than I would have for him if he'd persisted in the mindset of 'if I'm not doing it to you with my own hand/tongue/penis, you're getting off on something else and you're not enjoying ME'.

Because to be really honest, taking half an hour of serious intense concentration to reach orgasm from oral sex isn't anywhere near as fun as getting utterly worn out moaning from using my vibrator during intercourse. It all boils down to feeling best, and so far the vibrator leaves me much more satisfied on a regular basis.

And like I said, I end up feeling *closer* to my sexual partner for incorporating anything that makes me feel better, even though the sensations aren't all coming from his direct actions.

Just an alternate perspective....

-Ripley

:D

Honestly, yes...

I would have to say that I would pass. Basically because the excitement for me is a woman's orgasm and being able to get her there. A vibe would be a handicap... Kind of like letting me do push ups on my knees or letting me hit from a tee...

Spoomonkey

At first, Spoomonkey, I felt a lot like this. I felt that if Ripley could not get off with me and me alone, I was a failure or that bringing the vibrator in was like car camping instead of backpacking. Boy did I wear myself out trying. In the end, I realized that it is the way it is and in the same way that using modern backpack gear gets me further into the wilderness, the vibrator freed us up to explore more options. Like Ripley, I'm not preaching anything. We basically use the vibrator because it works for her. I still get on that purist kick sometimes and want to 'do it all myself', but it is usually my ego not my desire to please her that causes that.

I would think that a lot of guys probably would feel like they were unnecessary when a woman uses a toy. I definitely felt that way, but although Ripley can get off with the vibe without me just fine, I have never seen it BLOW HER MIND. I don't know what other people do, but we like to have intercourse with her on her back and me sitting up to make room for Mr. Microphone (hey, that's what it looks like :lol: ). This isn't the only way mind you, but it works well for us both. I especially like it because it gives me a very good view, and I like looking. :D

At first, I liked to operate the power tool so I would have that feeling of doing it all to her, but really, we both get a lot more pleasure out of it when she takes the controls. Besides, when her arms both come down to grab the vibe, and she is flexing her arm and pecs, oh my god, I think I've got to go now and find Ripley :fun:

~Ender

I have ended up with far more respect for Ender from his willingness to experiment with, and accept into our sex life, anything that would make me feel better, than I would have for him if he'd persisted in the mindset of 'if I'm not doing it to you with my own hand/tongue/penis, you're getting off on something else and you're not enjoying ME'.

Like I said - it isn't a part of our sex life... So it is unfamiliar.

I am not keeping Mrs Spoo from experiencing something because I am "persisting in a mindset".

I was the one who suggested buying toys - but once we do, they end up forgotten in the back of a drawer. They aren't her thing. Her and I have discussed this thread together and she's told me that her reasoning is that vibrators are simply too much stimulation for her.

In other words, it is not my incredible prowess (or in reverse, my perception of anyone's lack thereof) that makes me feel this way - it is just what I am used to.

We have had one woman bring toys in the play room - but she never used them. I only saw them when she adjusted stuff in her bag. So - even in the lifestyle - which has been very good to us - this has never been brought up in or out of the play room, so I don't really think it is ever going to be much of an issue.

I think it is awesome and very respectable that Ender understands your needs and is willing to help you have a satisfying and incredible sex life. Believe it or not, I really, really feel the same way about my wife. But my experience is with a woman who is orgasmic through oral, penetration, etc. Sure, there are buttons that need to be pushed that not everyone hits, but I have patiently looked for them and found them.

Because my wife is this way - and because most of our playmates have been this way - it is just what I am the most comfortable with... In theory... Since it has never been something I've even had to deal with in "real time".

Now - just to be clear - if a woman wanted to play with a toy as an addition to the fun - that is fine. But if it was her only way of getting off, that would be very awkward for me. I'm not a "kong or nothing" kind of monkey.

Spoomonkey

I've been an ego buster to many a man unintentionally, men would it kill the fun for you? Same for the ladies? "The Mrs."

I'm not "hard to please", I really really enjoy play and intercourse. Both are very stimulating and my husband frequently has me writhing around on the bed begging for more. I used that phrase because that's what men have said ABOUT me.

You said you've been an ego buster so it seems obvious that some men have felt inadequate because they couldn't finish you by oral, fingers or intercourse. Since it is an obvious issue even before bring it here it seems to me that just giving someone a heads up on that before play shouldn't be that big of a deal. That way it can be talked about and if the guy bows out then just move on. There can be many reasons and preferences for not wanting to play with someone. I say get all the information you can prior to heading to a room because it can be very awkward once your there if an issue comes up.

Are you just hard to please (i.e. can intense finger stimulation on your clit get you to orgasm?) or is it impossible to orgasm without the vibrator? I think if a woman is just "hard" or "slower" to get to orgasm that shouldn't be that big of a deal, it just prolongs the fun. But I can see where some men would be bothered by it if you didn't need them for your orgasm. From a woman's point of view I know when men can't get there it's usually performance anxiety or too drunk etc. but if it was because they needed something other then me to get there ..... it would really bother me.

There can be many different ways to orgasm for both men and women (hand, oral, intercourse) but all of those involve both of you enjoying each other's bodies. And bringing toys into play can be fun and there are more than just vibrators, but if the final pay off was "okay step aside so I can have an orgasm" ..... well it can be a little deflating.

I was the one who suggested buying toys - but once we do, they end up forgotten in the back of a drawer. They aren't her thing. Her and I have discussed this thread together and she's told me that her reasoning is that vibrators are simply too much stimulation for her.

We were just down at our favorite sex shops yesterday and asking about various toys etc. There just aren't many that do it for me. I have never really liked vibrators they are too much for me. Not that we always start with oral but it is usually near the beginning of our play because a soft tongue on my clit can send me over the edge and after that I am reved up for any other play activities we have. Usually after I orgasm that way I can during intercourse (if bent in the right position :lol: ). My point is and has always been my answer to Spoo when he tries to suggest vibrators etc. is that I like skin. It isn't enjoyable for me to have some rubber, glass, silicone object rubbing in me or on me. I want to be able to enjoy the body of who I am with and hopefully they will enjoy mine.

A long post to say..... to each his own. Do what you like and have to do to enjoy your playmates and playtimes. Everyone can always find compatible people to match their style whether it's using toys, same or separate rooms, couples or singles.

Mrs. Spoomonkey

I am so glad that we found this forum. You guys communicate in the same direct, open, and objective way that we like.

Mr. and Mrs. Spoo, I hope we didn't give off the impression that we think you two are closed minded and unfullfilled by not using toys. You two are great. I am of the same mind as you are in that pleasure is relative and very subjective to the individual, and it is vital to a good relationship to acknowlege this and do what you can to accomodate, communicate, and mesh in it.

I love viewing my own opinions in contrast with others. It helps me grow and expand my perspective. Thank you for that.

~Ender

I agree. And the only other thing I have to say is: Mrs Spoo, oy am I jealous of your body's responsiveness :lol::kissface:

-Ripley

Mrs Spoo, oy am I jealous of your body's responsiveness

Me too!

But accepting my own wiring is like accepting others not liking vibrators...it is just a true physical difference. I need it and they can't stand the way a vibe feels. Just different body wiring.

Since it is an obvious issue even before bring it here it seems to me that just giving someone a heads up on that before play shouldn't be that big of a deal. That way it can be talked about and if the guy bows out then just move on. There can be many reasons and preferences for not wanting to play with someone. I say get all the information you can prior to heading to a room because it can be very awkward once your there if an issue comes up.

This sums up what I learned here! I hadn't been making a point of bringing it up. Although I mention my hair.....cuz I learned that can be an issue......and want to give people the option of saying no or not doing oral cuz of it.

But I can see where some men would be bothered by it if you didn't need them for your orgasm.

Wait a sec here tho....are there any women who can't masterbate? Do any of us NEED a man to cum? Heck, over half the females I know say they cum better when they do themselves rather than have sex. And at least for me, like Ripley and Ender, we add the vibe during penile/vaginal intercourse, with mind blowing results. Way better than just doing myself alone like some of my friends talk about.

can intense finger stimulation on your clit get you to orgasm?) or is it impossible to orgasm without the vibrator?

Just to be very clear here, I'm 47 and started having sex at 17, stopped counting the partners at 30 so I've probably been with over 40 guys...

One guy could get me off if I was willing to work at it for 45-60 minutes with his tongue. No one else has ever had the tongue strength to go there. (Yeah, we tried to learn what he did before he died. Never did get as good as he was at whatever he did and have not found another...yet).

One guy used to play the trumpet...when you do this your lips vibrate. He did that to me on my clit and I came. He taught DH and we did it like that for years-but asthma took that away from us. And once we found a vibe on the clit and a cock in the pussy.....it feels soooo good, I just want to enjoy it.

So, I'd say as an answer, I think I need the vibe, but if I had to live without it, I might cum with the right trumpet player. Fingers are hopeless as far as getting me off.

But I'm open for any suggestions on trying new tricks or touches or angles cuz hey, it could work and if it doesn't......well, the battery is charged. :D

I am with Mrs. Spoo on this one. I have never liked toys and yes I have tried several. I do have a hard time cumming, but using a vibrator is just not for me. I really don't like how they feel. I like a little slower and softer touch then a vibrator can give. Years ago in college, I had a bi friend who was trying to get me to play with her. And in the process of talking to her, I told her that I do have a hard time cumming with a partner. Her first advice was to not use a vibrator. Her feeling was once you start using a vibrator, you will never be able to cum without it. I don't know if that is true, but I have learned how to cum with a partner. It has taken me a while to find what works for me.

I have run into guys at the club who love to use vibrators on women, and they keep trying to tell me how much I would love it. I just stear clear of them. I am just not interested in toys no matter who is trying to use them on me.

Mr. and Mrs. Spoo, I hope we didn't give off the impression that we think you two are closed minded and unfullfilled by not using toys. You two are great. I am of the same mind as you are in that pleasure is relative and very subjective to the individual, and it is vital to a good relationship to acknowlege this and do what you can to accomodate, communicate, and mesh in it.

I love viewing my own opinions in contrast with others. It helps me grow and expand my perspective. Thank you for that.

~Ender

I agree. And the only other thing I have to say is: Mrs Spoo, oy am I jealous of your body's responsiveness :lol::kissface:

-Ripley

Thanks Ripley & Ender. No offense taken. I just wanted to be sure that everyone knew we aren't closed off to play with toys and don't think anyone is wrong for using them. It's just not our preference and it would bother us if that was the absolutely only way someone could orgasm. Couples should find what works for them.

As for my body's responsiveness :o It wasn't always that way. I have had to learn a lot about myself, my body and letting go to the bad girl in me so to speak. Of course I can't rule out the fact that most of the response is poured out on Mr Spoo :D more than anyone else. My body definately responds to his!! ;)

Mrs Spoomonkey

Mrs Spoo, oy am I jealous of your body's responsiveness

Me too!

But accepting my own wiring is like accepting others not liking vibrators...it is just a true physical difference. I need it and they can't stand the way a vibe feels. Just different body wiring.

Definately and that's what the lifestyle is all about and why there are so many different fantasies, play scenerios, and swingers. We all have different things that work for us and we have to play with others that it all gels with.

But I can see where some men would be bothered by it if you didn't need them for your orgasm.

Wait a sec here tho....are there any women who can't masterbate? Do any of us NEED a man to cum? Heck, over half the females I know say they cum better when they do themselves rather than have sex. And at least for me, like Ripley and Ender, we add the vibe during penile/vaginal intercourse, with mind blowing results. Way better than just doing myself alone like some of my friends talk about.

Well we can all masterbate, men or women, all by ourselves. My point is though if that's all I want to do why swing, why get married? That's extreme but we (Spoo and me) are in the lifestyle to experience others together. Part of that and the pleasure of it is to have someone else push our buttons and to find their buttons. So, if we're in a room and all of a sudden one of us is non-essential so to speak it can be a let down.

can intense finger stimulation on your clit get you to orgasm?) or is it impossible to orgasm without the vibrator?

Just to be very clear here, I'm 47 and started having sex at 17, stopped counting the partners at 30 so I've probably been with over 40 guys...

One guy could get me off if I was willing to work at it for 45-60 minutes with his tongue. No one else has ever had the tongue strength to go there.

Fingers are hopeless as far as getting me off.

But I'm open for any suggestions on trying new tricks or touches or angles cuz hey, it could work and if it doesn't......well, the battery is charged. :D

I was just trying to get an idea of the OP's true situation here. Can she only orgasm with the vibrator? Or can she orgasm with a little more attention?

I'll admit that an hour of tongue on the clit for one orgasm is extreme, there have been times when Spoo has had to work a little harder for me for various reasons. He doesn't mind his tongue and finger exercises if I don't mind waiting for my orgasm. thanks to his incredible persistance facelick they have been some of my biggest. :D

I'm the same way with fingers on my clit (unless they are mine :lol: ) I think it's the same problem I have with a viberator. Finger play is too hard or too fast. :(

Mrs Spoomonkey