The Swingers Board - The Swingers Board - The Original Swingers Lifestyle Community, forums,
    Swingers Board Addict SnowwwWhite's Avatar
    Status
    Female

Default Do you ever have regrets about something???

I was curious if anyone has done something or had something happen in a swinging situation that hurt your relationship or resulted in a regret?

Status
    Single Female

Default Re: Do you ever have regrets about something???

I did not play with someone I like and are attracted to despite that I really wanted to play with him
    Now that the door is closed my desire to play with this guy is just getting worse... I can't communicate it.

Swingers Board Addict lustylearning's Avatar
    Status
    female half

Regret? Yes. I wish i could say, "No! Never!" That would make things seem oh so perfect. I have regretted some of the decisions we've made in how we've dealt with other couples. Long term partners can be tricky. I've regretted not being able to more quickly say, "Nope, sorry honey, I'm really not interested in that couple." Both of these types of regrets have been born of me not wanting to disappoint. These experiences have taught me that personal happiness is and should be important to making the lifestyle work.

Swingers Board Addict ktimephoenix's Avatar
    Status
    Couple

I, like Lusty, wish i could say "no, never", but i have to admit, biggest regret i've got is that i just didn't engage my brain when i went for my second helping of the night with the wife of the first couple we ever swung with.

the first time, all our rules and boundaries were followed, the second, i guess familiarity didn't make me stop and think... and i crossed a boundary.

the other regret i have from that night... not that i could do anything about it, is that Mrs P didn't let it be known that she wasn't "getting the right sort of attention" from the husband.

Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    At_Both_Ends

No big regrets. Only one that I can think of. One lady that I liked very much, we has sex a couple of times, but never gave each other oral. One memory I would love to have is seeing her bob up and down on my cock.

Being good is overrated sweet_tna's Avatar
    Status
    The boss of Mr. Sweet
    SLS Handle
    Sweet_tna

Thankfully, I can answer "no" to this one . . . so far.

=)
    I'd rather go to hell for doing something I enjoyed than heaven wondering what it's like.

Swingers Board Addict realcplub2's Avatar
    Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    putnamcocpl

As Sinatra said... Regrets I've had a few...

The biggest regret we have is, an incident that occured many years ago..

We were friends with a couple we enjoyed many many good times with, then when they ran into personal problems, chiefly over not being honest with each other about things involved with the lifestyle in general, not with us.. we stepped back to allow them to work thru them.. We took a we're here if you wanna talk stance..

And during the course of that happening we lost touch with them..

Status
    Female
    SLS Handle
    swingersboard

I think that if you communicate with each other there should never really be regrets (in swinging or in life) just learning experiences.

There are many things I've done in life that I look back on and think I might have done them differently but when I really look at what it was or what I could have done differently I realize that 1. Had I done something differently I would not have learned what I know now that has brought me to where I am. 2. Most likely if I'd done something differently while the outcome might have been different, chances are it may have just as likely still been an outcome that wasn't ideal.
    The Swinger Manual - all the info from the Swingers Board in one convenient book

Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    Cataryna

"Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience." Victoria Holt

Everything we do, good or bad, is a learning experience. Instead of regretting having done something or not doing something, learn from it and grow because of it. You cannot turn back the clock, but you can wind it up again.
    Have you taken the 2008 Swinger Survey yet?

Swingers Board Addict ktimephoenix's Avatar
    Status
    Couple

Quote Originally Posted by JustAskJulie View Post
    I think that if you communicate with each other there should never really be regrets (in swinging or in life) just learning experiences.
    Beginning to learn this this week. the more Mrs P. is starting to discuss it, the more i see that, yes, i f#@$ed up... but we'll get through it, and now know what not to do

Slave to Vanilla_Sugar bryanlee's Avatar
    Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    bryanlee

I don't have many regrets in life. As long as you try to make the best decision at the time then there is no point beating yourself up after the fact.

There are a few things that I wish had gone another way, but i think saying i regret them would imply that i think i did something wrong.

I try to use my best judgement, have fun and always be true to myself. Aside from that what else can you really do.

If i changed anything in my life i am afraid i wouldn't be where i am today, which is happy with the woman of my dreams. All the "bad" times are worth the joy that she brings me.

Bryan & Sharon
    "Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich"

Swingers Board Addict

In swinging, only one regret: At a convention we met a neat couple and were ready to party. My wife insisted on a condom for him; his wife did not insist on a condom for me. Turns out he knew that he couldn't keep it up if he tried to use one. (I can't either, so I knew what he was feeling.) His wife, then, wouldn't go with me because her husband wasn't going to get any. She was truly magnificent, and I am sure she would have been one of the best swing partners I ever had. I understand why it didn't happen, but it is still the only major disappointment I had in swinging.

In non-swinging: not making love to my high school sweetheart. Back then, nice girls didn't do it. We are still in contact all these many years later, and I've seen her a couple of times since we graduated. However, I'm afraid the opportunity for sex will never arise again.