Syren

Swing Partner ended our swing partnership

Last night, my swing partner of 1 year and 3 months told me he was ready to move on, because he wanted to have other experiences with other people.

Any suggestions on how to handle my bruised ego? And what is the proper amount of time to wait before I begin looking for a new steady swing partner? ;)

Sy, so sorry to hear yoor sad news. I think it's good he was honest and decided to move on and was very up front about his feelings instead of just not calling or returning your calls. It's up to you how long you wait, only you will know when you're ready. If it were me, I'd be on the hunt immediately, LOL. Nothing helps get over someone like more casual sex IMHO.

You are precious and a precious commodity! You will find even a better match and being a solo female you have so many hot choices. Enjoy and let us know how you are doing

Relationships run their course, sometimes, and we don't always get to be the ones to end it. That, even without emotional connections, can feel a little crappy. So, run a luxurious bath, read a trashy novel, drink a glass of wine, eat a pint of ice cream, shed a tear, go for a run and...move on. I don't know that I'd wait very long at all. Maybe a week or two to rinse out my brain and make certain I wouldn't be reacting to the ego bruise.

You know there are lots of people out there and some will be an improvement. Good luck. :)

Thanks twistedpretzels and mauijanedoe. I appreciate your support and kind words. I bought myself flowers today and I made an appontment to get a spa facial saturday. I figured pampering myself is the best medicine. ( twistedpretzels I will let you know when i find that next partner. ) ;)

All the best,

Syren

Syren, did you love this guys? why are you so hurt if there was no love involved? If you were in love with him, i'm also sorry for your lost. I'm like the others, it would not take me long to get to finding a new partner at all. As a matter of fact, the same night he told me this, I would have been with a diffent partner. This is coming from a single woman that does not mix love with swinging though. That is why I asked if you were in love with this guy.

Hey Tia,

No! I was not in love with him, I was just hurt because he knew in Nov of 2012 that he didn't want to continue the partnership, but he waited until the New Year to tell me. Hell he could have told me in Nov, and this would have saved me some $, I didn't have to by him a Xmas gift. Never the less I have taken everyone's advice to heart and I have set up several play date to help me find a new partner. :lol:

thanks for the kind words swingerset, i did open it to couples a while back ,but it never changed so i wll have to contact SLS to fix it.

Thanks, Sy

Any suggestions on how to handle my bruised ego?

Have sex with someone you know will satisfy you.

and what is the proper amount of time to wait, before I begin looking for a new steady swing partner?

Why wait a single second? No broken heart to mend, right? No time like the present to move forward.

Rejection sucks, no matter the situation or who you are. Your wording (to me) suggests an emotional attachment to him, and this may be part of why he chose to move on. My suggestion would be, in the future, try to avoid that attachment unless you are actively looking for a relationship. It will help cut down on the feeling of rejection in the future. It's been said that someone has to know you well enough to hurt you.

You weren't in a relationship, you were just swinging together. There should not be a mourning period.

Hi Julie,

I agree there should not be a mourning period, if you are just swing partners. In hindsight I realized what I was really mourning was the loss of our friendship, we started out as friends first and then became swing partners. Never the less rejection sucks no matter what the circumstances. :iagree:

Don't be sad Syren.... I loved being a unicorn!!!!! Who dosent love a unicorn??!! Give this the positive spin it deserves. The world is now your oyster!!!

Thanks Elizasnew i am pleased to say that I've gotten over it and I am doing well. But thank you so much for the kind words of support!