SexyRedmondCpl

Let's not make a habit of this...

While not as grave as many posts here in situational help, we find ourselves with a conundrum.

We just moved. It turns out that our new downstairs neighbors are nuns (read the title again - see what I did there? :lol:). Is it too weird to host in our new place? Or, to put it another way, would they stand for nun of it?

(For complete clarity, no, we would not host the sisters. Too far. Even for us :nono:)

While not as grave as many posts here in situational help, we find ourselves with a conundrum.

We just moved. It turns out that our new downstairs neighbors are nuns (read the title again - see what I did there? :lol:). Is it too weird to host in our new place? Or, to put it another way, would they stand for nun of it?

(For complete clarity, no, we would not host the sisters. Too far. Even for us :nono:)

Nice puns, love it :)

Our only concern would be noise. Beyond that I don't think we'd have any issue hosting people even with nuns as neighbors.

One of the members of this bulletin board, a person of our acquaintance, lives next door to a nun -- used to be two nuns but one recently went to her heavenly reward. This thread might catch his attention and he can lend advice but he tells us that he simply stays smiley, friendly and neighborly and they have said nothing about what they see, hear or smell. Granted your nuns, being closer, are more likely to hear or smell but I'll guess that they will simply pray for the two, three, four or more eternal souls who are smoking something that is not a tobacco product and making noises that might, or might not, be interpreted as kanoodling. Don't forget to smile when you go out for the newspaper the next morning; maybe carry theirs to the door.

Post script: Don't forget to dress before you go out to get the newspaper in the morning.

It just might surprise you how open-minded they are. They're nuns but they're still humans.

I, actually, made out with a nun once. Seriously. I was involved in a humanitarian relief mission in the mountains of Peru in '70 and the first help from the outside, other than me and my fellow Combat Controller, was a preist and two nuns (both nurses).

One was hot as hell and she and I got along great. The first couple of nights, sitting around the fire, she sat beside me. It was cold up in the mountains at night and she did sit close.

The third night there was some joking and teasing about it and, after everyone else went to the tents, she instigated the making out. But, she did make it very clear beforehand that it would go no further than just making out. And, it never did..., darn it..., like I said, she was hot!

What you do within the confines of your own home is your business. Granted the get togethers should not be overly loud and crazy, but that's just being a good neighbor.

We live next door to an ex priest, and have howled laughing in our outdoor hotub at all hours of the wee morning with friends and he never has batted an eyelash. I don't know if my apprehension was more towards that, or when my wife and I were young and standing on line at the drug store about to order a box of condoms when two older nuns got in line behind us. My girlfriend/wife now, and her Catholic upbringing made her actually get off line , but I stood proudly within earshot of the nuns and ordered; 'the big box of maxum's please.'

How funny and ironic. I would say keep the noise down, be very discret...Let us know what you end up doing...:)

Our only concern would be noise.

Nun, to other nun: "You know Margaret, life here on cloud 8 is pretty good, but those new neighbors upstairs sure do seem to be having a good time..."

Beyond that I don't think we'd have any issue hosting people even with nuns as neighbors.

Agreed.

It's your life. If you're not being rude, playing loud music at all hours, stomping around with oil drums tied to your feet, etc., i.e. good neighbors, you shouldn't let the possibility of offending them guide your actions anymore than they would curtail their religious duties because of their new neighbors.

Thanks, everyone. You're right, what happens behind closed doors is our own business. Just never thought we'd have a situation like this. Kinda feels like the setup for a sitcom.

We'll just have to close the windows if we're going to be loud. ;)

What you do is none of their business. I would not make a habit of flaunting it though.

Guest sandraandalex

My experience with nuns is that they are very aware of the world and would never comment on the sexual choices you make. If you raise the subject, that's a different matter. Also, you're not the first people to have sex in the building, you're simply having it with extra personnel.

I was consulting in the maintenance department of a catholic owned hospital once. The nuns, while on a tour, came across a Playboy calendar on the wall. They actually saw it, looked through the months and said,"Well, no harm being done," and moved on.

I remember the days when nuns lived in convents and lived next door to the church building. After eight long years of being taught by the Catholic women in my early elementary school, I'd say just do it. Keep it cool, and they'll probably be cool with it too.... while they're praying for your soul. :)

I figure as long as you're being courteous neighbors, it doesn't matter what you do behind closed doors. And hey, if they do hear an occasional noise, maybe they'll think you're praying . . . (ahem)

=)

. . . And hey, if they do hear an occasional noise, maybe they'll think you're praying . . . (ahem)
You mean when a woman is calling out, "Jesus, Jesus, oh God, Jesus."

One of the members of this bulletin board, a person of our acquaintance, lives next door to a nun -- used to be two nuns but one recently went to her heavenly reward. This thread might catch his attention and he can lend advice but he tells us that he simply stays smiley, friendly and neighborly and they have said nothing about what they see, hear or smell. Granted your nuns, being closer, are more likely to hear or smell but I'll guess that they will simply pray for the two, three, four or more eternal souls who are smoking something that is not a tobacco product and making noises that might, or might not, be interpreted as kanoodling. Don't forget to smile when you go out for the newspaper the next morning; maybe carry theirs to the door.

Post script: Don't forget to dress before you go out to get the newspaper in the morning.

Yes, that would be me. The house next to me looks like any family home, but it is officially a Vincentian convent. Sister Mary Mark is the only current resident, Sister Bernard Joseph having passed away a couple of years ago. They surely have seen and heard enough over the years to know something other than just married monogamous sex is going on, but have always been unfailingly friendly and pleasant. Definitely good, reliable neighbors and I have never detected an iota of judgementalism.

I think that Sister Bernard Joseph might have been a bit naive. When I first met her she said, "Call me Sister BJ, everyone does." I was somehow able to contain myself.

You mean when a woman is calling out, "Jesus, Jesus, oh God, Jesus."

Precisely.

=)