MulderNScully

Ideas for swingers caught in a budget crunch?

In tough economic times, what do you do to have a good sexy time as a swinger?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. In tough economic times, what do you do to have a good sexy time as a swinger?

• Go to house parties (or host our own party) with friend(s) to cut the cost.
    • Go to the clubs less often or come if there is a good group rate.
    • Have a laid back evening with some sexy friend(s) and see how the evening goes.
    • Stay home, forget about swinging, and only swing if we have the money to do so.

Let's face it. Times are tough all around us and it affects every person--swinger and non-swinger.

Gas prices at all time highs.

Food is shooting skyward world wide.

Cost of living going up.

Paychecks decreasing.

Jobs dwindling in some places.

But I'm just curious to find out what swingers do when the times around them are tough? How do you budget and find ways to make the dollar stretch when mommy and daddy need some quality time with the neighbors next door?

Currently I (Mulder) write for AskDanandJennifer.com on religious/censorship/repression issues, but I want to write an unrelated story about how good swingers around the country/world overcome obstacles and find ways to have a sexy good time without it pillaging the wallet.

I have a few ideas of my own, but I'm curious if anyone here on the Swinger's Board are in the same boat like most Americans and find it hard to justify a sexy night out when the bills got to get paid and the gas to get to your destination is too high for words.

Thank you all in advance and I'll keep my ears open.

Cool question especially with the way the economy appears to be going.

I voted "go to house parties" but that might not be a fair response - we seem to prefer house parties without regard for their potential economic advantage. All the parties we've attended have been "pot luck" where everyone brings a snack or something to share. We typically bring chocolate and it's street value is many times the cover charge at most of the local clubs. A tray of cheese and crackers would be a more economical snack to bring.

I think the bottom line is that swinging will absorb all the money anyone wants to throw at it and it doesn't have to be any more costly than anyone wants it to be. Roasting marshmellows over a bonfire in the back row of the trailer park could be a fun party if everyone had the right attitude.

while not opposed to house parties we prefer to meet some one and visit, if ti works that night great!, if one or the other is Broke (I mean lady wise, not money), we plan for another time.

When we first meet we have a planned amount of fun money, we don't go expecting but do go prepaired, for us its logistics our kids come first so we require a llil more planning for play time and that hurts the amount of fun because we are kinda hard to get with on a short notice.

We've got young 'uns and have to plan ahead for sitters, so last minute doesn't work too well for us, either.

But in a budget crunch, we're more likely to invite some play friends over for dinner and . . . whatever else happens . . . happens. Like Socolais said, with the right attitude, anything can be fun (Mmmm . .. Smores!)

=)

Well, as a single gal, club fees can be cheaper then eating/cooking at home ... or I just let myself get invited by a single guy.... Guess I'm cheap off either way ;)

I voted spend an evening w/ sexy friends. To me that means maybe someone we met on a site, to meet up for a couple of drinks.

We love to go to parties but I can not see it right now due to budgetary reasons.

I cleaned up our guest room and got it ready for "guests" I would rather go to a hotel but would invite the right people to our home rather then not be able to play at all because of a money issue.

I expect to see more and more smaller house parties.

And I expect to see the clubs cut back and have less parties.

We've got young 'uns and have to plan ahead for sitters, so last minute doesn't work too well for us, either.

We're in the same boat, sitters seem to make everything expensive. We will have friends over or go to their houses depending on how kid friendly they are.

I can't even count the number of times we were planning to go out when the sitter cancelled or we couldn't find one. There was a thread somewhere on the board that I read today about a house party when the kids were there. I think that is taking things to the extreme and in very poor taste.

For those with kids, we have been "toying" with the idea of getting a few couples together and splitting a sitter at one of the houses, and having the party at another. That way the kids get a sleepover party, and the adults get.....well whatever!

I guess we are lucky in that we have no kids and even though club fees SEEM high, since the on-premise clubs we go to are BYOB by the end of the night we spend no more than we would if we went to a vanilla club and bought drinks.... or for that matter than we would if we invited someone to our house, made dinner and served a bottle or two of wine.

I think it will depend on the area. In the DC metro area, our experience among our age group is that people aren't cutting back on too much of anything despite inflation. It seems to us that most mid-life swingers around here are very affluent, two income families. We only know of one who has been layed off (banking). Of course, inside our beltway is often referred to as Disneyland East.

I have to say, in Reno at least, the clubs are the cheapest way to go. $10.00 to $40.00 per night for a couple at the two that have a bar and serve drinks. The $10.00 dollar one sells the drinks for regular price, but the bar tender makes them so strong you can only drink a few. The $40.00 a night one sells drinks for $1.00. The other club in town is BYOB, but it only charges $30.00 per couple per weekend. We can hardly stay home for less than that.

Hey Sweet TNA,

We both can relate to this one! Trying to find a sitter sometimes is like trying to pull out teeth from a shark. We got one teenager who has a high demand and one friend who is going through some issues of her own and can't always be counted on. She's six and her older sister is 13 so if it comes down to having a night for ourselves we may employ the 13 year old to "earn her keep".

In July, we make our annual "pilgrimage" to Columbus (Ohio) to see the Dave Mathews Band. Not sure what else we'll be doing after the show, but trust me we'll have this thing cemented before we leave for the concert. As for our lifestyle explorations, we'll just have to play it by ear.

I have to say, in Reno at least, the clubs are the cheapest way to go. $10.00 to $40.00 per night for a couple at the two that have a bar and serve drinks. The $10.00 dollar one sells the drinks for regular price, but the bar tender makes them so strong you can only drink a few. The $40.00 a night one sells drinks for $1.00. The other club in town is BYOB, but it only charges $30.00 per couple per weekend. We can hardly stay home for less than that.

We'll have to visit Reno someday. *L*

At one time in Dayton (Ohio) we had four clubs running. Now we have two (one rumored to be opening soon) and the one has a huge hot tub, swimming pool, and a dungeon room (old health spa). $40 bucks is the normal price, but there is a club in Columbus where if you are not 60 miles away you will be paying close to $100 for a couple. Single men must shell out a hell of a lot more than single women, but that's usually typicial.

I guess we are lucky in that we have no kids and even though club fees SEEM high, since the on-premise clubs we go to are BYOB by the end of the night we spend no more than we would if we went to a vanilla club and bought drinks.... or for that matter than we would if we invited someone to our house, made dinner and served a bottle or two of wine.

Julie, you're right about the clubs paying for themselves, but I think for those out there who are going stir crazy and wanting to get their groove on, but are on a budget house parties may be the best way going because you need a house (that's one), people (two, if you know a good crowd) and three, interesting attributes to get the party started (DVDs, hot tubs, etc.).

We don't avoid clubs because of the fees. We go so seldom it doesn't seem like an extravagance. However, there are a couple of other ways we meet playmates that are more economical.

First, leverage the internet. Not just the pay sites. Sure, you've gotta weed out the phonies and the wannabes, but you can still find far more playmates than you'll have time to play with. This is our main avenue of initial contacts.

Second, go to adult bookstores and theaters to meet folks. Admission is inexpensive, way less than clubs; ladies are usually free. You'll find a broad spectrum of patrons there, just like at a club. Patrons are at least as discrete as those at clubs. When you hit it off with someone, you can exchange contact information and get together later, or go directly to a motel and play. If you're slightly more daring, you can usually have a quick adventure in the video arcade or theater. We know several local couples who regularly hit the bookstores to find playmates. One couple never even goes inside; they sit in their car in the parking lot, and wait for people to approach them; they almost never leave alone. We frequent the bookstores and theaters, too, both here in Raleigh and when we travel, and we've found many, many playmates this way.

Hot Raleigh Cpl said:
We don't avoid clubs because of the fees. We go so seldom it doesn't seem like an extravagance. However, there are a couple of other ways we meet playmates that are more economical.

First, leverage the internet. Not just the pay sites. Sure, you've gotta weed out the phonies and the wannabes, but you can still find far more playmates than you'll have time to play with. This is our main avenue of initial contacts.

Second, go to adult bookstores and theaters to meet folks. Admission is inexpensive, way less than clubs; ladies are usually free. You'll find a broad spectrum of patrons there, just like at a club. Patrons are at least as discrete as those at clubs. When you hit it off with someone, you can exchange contact information and get together later, or go directly to a motel and play. If you're slightly more daring, you can usually have a quick adventure in the video arcade or theater. We know several local couples who regularly hit the bookstores to find playmates. One couple never even goes inside; they sit in their car in the parking lot, and wait for people to approach them; they almost never leave alone. We frequent the bookstores and theaters, too, both here in Raleigh and when we travel, and we've found many, many playmates this way.

Now there's something new!

Never thought of the bookstore/theatre as a place for a pick me up, but you just never know. We don't have adult theaters around here, but the other one to check out is the gentleman's clubs/strip clubs. The only danger with this is if you plan to have cash to blow like a trip to Vegas don't go there. I'm surprised at the number of couples will go there and it is a fun time--especially for Scully and I.

MulderNScully said:
Now there's something new!

. . . but the other one to check out is the gentleman's clubs/strip clubs. The only danger with this is if you plan to have cash to blow like a trip to Vegas don't go there. I'm surprised at the number of couples will go there and it is a fun time--especially for Scully and I.

A couple we've played with several times regularly goes to a local "gentlemen's club" (aka, strip club). They've mentioned that lots of other couples go there, too. They like the sexually charged atmosphere of the strip club. They both get turned on by the show and from the attention she receives AND they almost always find horny, willing playmates for post club fun. However, it is not an inexpensive evening, compared to a swing club.