Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
The Swingers Board - The Swingers Board - The Original Swingers Lifestyle Community, forums,
    Status
    Couple

Default Re: Traits that you hate

Gosh, we're pretty much with the crowd.

Looks really don't mean that much to us. We are looking for what's inside.

I like having an intelligent conversation.

I don't like people who have no sense of humour.

I have to echo Amanda on the plastic people part. I really don't care about socio-economic status. I just like "real" people.

I don't like people who are hygienically deficient. Shampoo and soap are not that expensive. Water is pretty much free. Yes, I've seen this with upper-middle class people.

I'm sure there are more, but the high-pitched whiney sounding cheerleader types do nothing for me, either.

Good Question, Shelly
    Dave & Holly

SybianPartyRental Hostess driveajeepnaked's Avatar
    Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    wnyhedocouple

We met a couple at a Meet n Greet here and invited them back for a hot tub chat... they were average, but we carried on some good conversation. Once in the tub, she felt the need to "add more of her own bubbles" to the water... not just once, or twice, or thrice, but it was pretty much a never ending parade of flatulence which continued after we got out of the tub... She never acknowledged any of this, by the way...

We bid them a fine farewell and emptied the hot tub the next day

V

Status
    Couple

Quote Originally Posted by driveajeepnaked
    she felt the need to "add more of her own bubbles"
    OH Mylanta!! That's pretty much the most disgusting thing I've heard today.
    Dave & Holly

Status
    Married Couple

Crotchitosis...A Real Bummer.

M.D.
    "Just nod if you can hear me..."

David Gilmour

Swingers Board Addict singleagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LFM2
    Gosh, we're pretty much with the crowd.

Looks really don't mean that much to us. We are looking for what's inside.

I like having an intelligent conversation.

I don't like people who have no sense of humour.

I have to echo Amanda on the plastic people part. I really don't care about socio-economic status. I just like "real" people.

I don't like people who are hygienically deficient. Shampoo and soap are not that expensive. Water is pretty much free. Yes, I've seen this with upper-middle class people.

I'm sure there are more, but the high-pitched whiney sounding cheerleader types do nothing for me, either.

Good Question, Shelly
    I like intelligence also. But please help me here...what would be good topics for intellegent conversation when you are naked in a hot tub? And I am serious about this question...not just making fun of the thread.

Swingers Board Addict Mr TybeeSwing's Avatar
    Status
    S. Male
    SLS Handle
    gaman1000

Quote Originally Posted by singleagain
    I like intelligence also. But please help me here...what would be good topics for intellegent conversation when you are naked in a hot tub? And I am serious about this question...not just making fun of the thread.
    Well personally I wouldn't bring up the fact that the warm water in the hot tub is good for incubating germ. But that is a good question, and I am stumped.

The trait that gets to me most is excessive drinking. I have never been that comfortable around drunks and for me having sex with a drunk lady is about as sexually stimulating as doing yardwork.

SybianPartyRental Hostess driveajeepnaked's Avatar
    Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    wnyhedocouple

Nearly any conversation in a hot-tub tends to be good
    But really, we usually use the tub to get to know some history, likes, dislikes,swing-style, fetishes... or sometimes just sports chat with the men folk and kid chat with the ladies...

We usually will chat about Hedo and how much we love it there, and the many stories that we can tell about it...

Often, the hot tub gets "hot", then intelligent conversation turns into moans and... you know the rest... facelick

Val

Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    alhedonists

Quote Originally Posted by DBL D
    Crotchitosis...A Real Bummer.

M.D.
    True dat.....

Pepper
    "Swinging is a lot like riding a Harley, ...for those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don't, no explanation is possible." --Mr. Alura

Swingers Board Addict
    Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    jimandgail

Bigots of any type.

We met a couple a while back. They were a well-dressed, attractive couple about our age. After talking to them for less than two minutes, we found out that she really disliked some of the not as well-dressed "trailer-trash" that were at the club (not knowing that she was talking about some very good friends of ours), and he had an absolute hatred for Canadians

Needless to say, we parted company very quickly. :rollseyes
    Carpe gluteus maximus
    Sum, ergo vulva edo
    Amor est vitae essentia

Status
    Couple

Quote Originally Posted by singleagain
    To be honest, we've never been naked with others in a hot tub, so conversation wise, I can't answer. From the sounds of it, it sounds like I should try though.
    Dave & Holly

Default Re: What are your hangups?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMJ
    I am sure I have said this one 100 times before. But women who pretend they are bi sexual for what ever reason (hubby is pressuring them, they have convinced themselves they are bi) but after spending all your time getting to know them and making plans, you find out they are not even the least bit bi. And I am not talking about those who are bi curious and make that clear from the beginning either, I can respect that, it is those who come off like they have always been bi and have played with other women before.
    Ditto.

Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    intuition897

Quote Originally Posted by jandg
    Bigots of any type.

We met a couple a while back. They were a well-dressed, attractive couple about our age. After talking to them for less than two minutes, we found out that she really disliked some of the not as well-dressed "trailer-trash" that were at the club (not knowing that she was talking about some very good friends of ours), and he had an absolute hatred for Canadians

Needless to say, we parted company very quickly. :rollseyes
    Hatred? of Canadians? What the hell could anyone find about us to actually hate? We apologize to our furniture if we bump into it! Would he prefer it, I suppose, if we did something more familiar? Like telling him to fuck off?

Bizarre.

As far as deal-breaking traits go, most of our deal-breakers are character flaws. For example, dishonesty is a big one. Don't tell us you're in your mid-thirties when it's blatantly obvious you're at least 10 years older. We have no problem playing with folks in their mid-40's or older; just don't try to trick us into something!

Other examples: chronically low self-esteem, chronic jealousy, lack of intelligence, insincerity (they like to use corny pick-up lines and make sleazy remarks), bigotry...
    Fear is a symptom of ignorance. Knowledge is the cure.

Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    WA_Cple

Traits to hate:

Pushy men
    Drunk people
    Gossips
    Pretend swingers
    Excessive screamers

Traits to love:

Women
    Nicely groomed men
    Sense of humour
    Flirtiness

Mrs WA

PS - How can anyone hate Canadians? Canada is the nicest state in the U.S. *ducking*
    Life is like a box of chocolates - you gotta take a little bite outta each one to find the one you'd love to eat!

Swingers Board Addict Concupiscence's Avatar
    Status
    Married to each other

Default Re: What are your hangups?

Quote Originally Posted by TwoLittleBirds
    ^^That's not off topic, Daisy, that's actually very informative.^^

As for me, it's not so much sexual as social, like at parties: The lecturer. Have you met him? There's no conversation, just him talking about how Rome didn't actually fall to the Barbarians but was destroyed by disease and politics and lack of trees and lead poisening the water and blahablah... I'm not saying I'm not interested in learning new things, but when I'm at a social gathering, I want to be social. Not attend a seminar on how smart Lawrence is.

I also don't like snobs at parties. It's hard enough to strike up a conversation with a stranger (for BOTH of us) and to start a conversation without people making it more difficult. Jeez, it's a society, at least be civil.

TLB,

I'm just the opposite, I love finding the lecturer and debating everything down to the tiniest detail. Partially because I am TERRIBLE at light conversation and have no clue what topics are fair game. You may find that the person who seems to be a snob is really just utterly terrified of saying the wrong things or doing the wrong thing. I am usually the one who appears to be a snob because I am so poor at social interaction until I have been around the person enough to be comfortable. I am not afraid of going up and saying hello to people or starting a conversation, I just know that it will end with them giving me a disapproving look because I said something they considered weird.

I'm not trying to point fingers , I know that I am weird, but I wish that socially competent people weren't so put off by those of us who don't have that ability. LOL I find that normal people have lots to teach me if I can get them to talk about something other than the weather or the condition of the building/town/roads etc.

Take pity on us TLB, turn the lecturer towards a subject that you both can have a lively and enjoyable conversation on. If the person is actually nice they will happily change the subject, and if they are jerks then you can prove that they don't have a clue what they are talking about. I love it when people actually TALK with me, they become more attractive and wonderful by the minute.
    The World's mine Oyster - William Shakespeare, "The Merry Wives of Windsor"

Status
    Couple

I positively hate people that
    - are pushy
    - drink/smoke dope excessively
    - have poor grooming habits ie ladies with black facial hair/men with nose hair you could braid

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast